• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

@thefirstevil
They can't do that. They may make the live action that stray from the canon but can't undo the canon source that's the manga.

Why not Disney did it to Star Wars with all the comics that had been done before it was sold to them, it would be just like that as I said in my other post it would have all been a Genjutsu and its all undone and it would be up to the one who now owns, so say if I brought the rights to Naruto for like 4 billion.

Kishi like money so he would not give a kitten dude does not care for his work after all, so buy it and then make all things before Neji's death none canon and cut out all NH moments have Naruto end up with Sakura while in the end as James has said many times Sasuke dies.

#42 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Why not Disney did it to Star Wars with all the comics that had been done before it was sold to them, it would be just like that as I said in my other post it would have all been a Genjutsu and its all undone and it would be up to the one who now owns, so say if I brought the rights to Naruto for like 4 billion.

Kishi like money so he would not give a kitten dude does not care for his work after all, so buy it and then make all things before Neji's death none canon and cut out all NH moments have Naruto end up with Sakura while in the end as James has said many times Sasuke dies.

or just do what Marvel and DC does and say "It is an alternate universe."

I mean, technically, Kishimoto already did this with Road to Ninja and all of this is fiction after all.

I mean, Marvel is pushing really hard on the "Hydra Captain America" saying how much canon it is and how it has always been this way. Granted, there is huge backlash, but Rocci, it is fiction and it all can be re changed and retconed.

I always love how people can say it can be changed one way and yet can't be changed the other way.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 May 2017 - 04:03 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#43 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

@firstevil
Because Disney doesn't decanonize the six movie. They only decanonize the expand universe. That would be equivalent with naruto novel, anime filler and movie get decanonize but they wouldn't touch the canon source that's the manga. Just like they don't touch the original six starwars movies.

Naruto is own by the creator of the manga that's masashi kishimoto. Disney can't buy it, but they can buy the right to make the live action or disney version of naruto animation.

That's with the assumption that everybody love NS and expect it to happen while hoping sasuke death when the reality the fanbase is pretty much divide and well sakura is hate and nobody care about her which is bad news for NS.

#44 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

@james
I agree it's fiction but unlike america superheroes comic that get retcon so many times in order to refresh and keep up with the reader age because the title usually continue for decades and there's no sign for ending unlike Japanese comic/manga who has an ending.

So while they can make captain hydramerica, they can't make dragon ball naruto unless the author allowed and it will fall into not canon territory.

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

@firstevil
Because Disney doesn't decanonize the six movie. They only decanonize the expand universe. That would be equivalent with naruto novel, anime filler and movie get decanonize but they wouldn't touch the canon source that's the manga. Just like they don't touch the original six starwars movies.

Naruto is own by the creator of the manga that's masashi kishimoto. Disney can't buy it, but they can buy the right to make the live action or disney version of naruto animation.

That's with the assumption that everybody love NS and expect it to happen while hoping sasuke death when the reality the fanbase is pretty much divide and well sakura is hate and nobody care about her which is bad news for NS.

Wrong. All wrong. Totally wrong. You need to go back and relearn ownership.

If that were all the case, then Boruto the manga wouldn't even be existing right now because Kishimoto would be in charge of making it and not another studio in charge of it OR other people. Kishimoto's name is nowhere on this thing except for "Based on the series of Naruto, by Kishimoto."

It is not really owned by Kishimoto anymore if it even ever was to begin with. It is owned by a publishing company who owns the rights to distributions. Who also own the rights of what and what does not get published.

I wrote this whole elegant post, but it didn't save so I am not gonna rewrite it, but let me put in short.

If I went to Kishimoto with a NS story....and Kishimoto approved it, but the publisher of Naruto didn't...is the story canon?

Except Naruto the manga WAS rewritten by the publishers in Naruto the Last and the Hiden Novels. In fact, it is still being rewritten in several cases and technically, some things were "decanonized" in the original manga to be rewritten later.

I mean, Iron Man movie had the bad guy said it best: "Did you think that just because you have an idea, it belongs to you?"

Disney changed the entire known CANON universe of Star Wars AFTER Disney bought it
https://www.dailydot...erse-not-canon/

"Lucasfilm has just issued a statement saying that the entire Expanded Universe is no longer official canon."

Meaning, "it used to be OFFICIALLY canon, but we changed that," some of it even deemed canon by George Lucas himself....which caused a massive uproar. That was the whole point. This ranged from comic books to novels to even video games.

The Forced Unleashed games were actually canon for a while and approved by George Lucas.

So, who wins in the canon rights? The creator or the publisher? The answer? Whoever owns the rights to it.

So you are right, you can't change the original original....but that doesn't mean you can't make another movie that retcons the original source. That's the loophole.

And if that is the case, as you said that it has to approved by Kishimoto, then does that make Road to Ninja a canon movie? Since it was written and directed by Kishimoto himself or is it that anything NS related is automatically deemed non-canon regardless if Kishimoto had a hand in it? Which seems to be the case in this Naruto debacle. "If it is NH, no matter how ridiculous, it is canon, but if it is NS no matter how logical or well it fits into the mold and even if Kishimoto makes it himself and possibly says it is canon....it is non-canon." My how convenient.

So which is it? Because it can't be both ways.

Another case and point, look at the rights to Superman and the massive lawsuit history with him and Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster family.

It is very possible, even in the Japanese market, for an author to lose their creative license rights to their own work.

It happened with Ken Akumatsu and Negima.
https://anime.astron...reason-ken.html

Publishers are always trying to get more rights than the creators. So what if I told you that the reason for all of this is because Kishimoto lost the rights to Naruto itself?

To quote Pretty Woman: "It's all about money."

I am also looking at the movie "Watchman" here.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 May 2017 - 05:29 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

I believe that's their agenda. It's really ironic that majority of people don't like filler at all, but because of fresh start with a small claim of being canon by Kishimoto, our mind immediately treat this good story. It's Dragon Ball Super all over again. It doesn't matter if it's canon; if it's not good, it's not good. Granted, Dragon Ball Super picked up a lot from its mistake, due to being something DB should be, but their advantage is that we are actually continuing the old story with same characters. Boruto is a brand new adventure with a cast that is very similar to the predecessor. The worst part is the movie recap is guaranteed at this rate, so more of father-son issue (for the third time).

It's like that review said: it's not bad for now, but it most likely to go over 200 episodes and by that time, many people would have dropped because of weak writing. In short, it has short leg to stand on. This I agree with.

The problem is that -other then the rehashing the movie- nothing in Boruto is filler. They have written a novel for this arc, which means they will probably do the same for every arc onward for some extra cash. This isn't filler since it is technically canon, but it is a waste of time. There has been nothing add to this story since the first chapter, and episode in this series. There has been no theme added since the beginning, and the over all focus of the story constantly goes back to Daddy issues no matter how many times we have seen it resolved (and most of the time it the same parent and child over and over again). Other then that tattoo, the tensegan, and that demon, nothing has happened in over a year if not more in Boruto.

I agree as well SP and the manga writer of Bolt will not care they will keep on doing it cause they know people who do buy their stuff are, well they are not that bright man. I mean I am not watching Bolt I have better things to do with my life that watch that kitten of an anime I mean I am watching the Walking dead and other anime, well when I can not a lot of free time right now.

Oddly a good thing that could happen is someone buys Naruto and do what Disney did make everything from a point in the Naruto story none canon.

So say like before Neji dies everything after that even Neji's death is all made none canon, and that they are all in a Genjutsu Madara and Obito won and none of them know it, that is how I would do it as this way Neji is alive and that bad chapter never happened which I will not even mention of it.

And we can all tell how both NH and SS fans would act to this news as well that NaruHina is no longer canon. :D

The problem is that they are trying to ride off the success of Naruto, but they destroyed what made Naruto so successful with the ending and the last. So they are coasting on a damage vessel without truly trying to repair it to win back any fans, and their lack of effort will bore potential new ones after a while. They have already bored the translations teams that work on the Boruto manga. The only thing that they have done that has help the series is start another pairing war almost immediately in the anime, but like before as those fans get increasingly hostile they will bring down the reputation of that series as well as drive away fans once again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 May 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#47 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

The problem is that -other then the rehashing the movie- nothing in Boruto is filler. They have written a novel for this arc, which means they will probably do the same for every arc onward for some extra cash. This isn't filler since it is technically canon, but it is a waste of time. There has been nothing add to this story since the first chapter, and episode in this series. There has been no theme added since the beginning, and the over all focus of the story constantly goes back to Daddy issues no matter how many times we have seen it resolved (and most of the time it the same parent and child over and over again). Other then that tattoo, the tensegan, and that demon, nothing has happened in over a year if not more in Boruto.

The problem is that they are trying to ride off the success of Naruto, but they destroyed what made Naruto so successful with the ending and the last. So they are coasting on a damage vessel without truly trying to repair it to win back any fans, and their lack of effort will bore potential new ones after a while. They have already bored the translations teams that work on the Boruto manga. The only thing that they have done that has help the series is start another pairing war almost immediately in the anime, but like before as those fans get increasingly hostile they will bring down the reputation of that series as well as drive away fans once again.

True unlike say Pokemon, DB and many other shows which are going on strong Naruto is dying cause the writer don't get it they think that a pairing is all that matters to a story, and crazy power-ups and all that, but in the end Naruto will die.

or just do what Marvel and DC does and say "It is an alternate universe."

I mean, technically, Kishimoto already did this with Road to Ninja and all of this is fiction after all.

I mean, Marvel is pushing really hard on the "Hydra Captain America" saying how much canon it is and how it has always been this way. Granted, there is huge backlash, but Rocci, it is fiction and it all can be re changed and retconed.

I always love how people can say it can be changed one way and yet can't be changed the other way.

Very true James there are many ways to do this after all and all of which if I could would burn the NH and SS fans since their so call true pairing would be now no longer canon, but again it just takes someone with a tone of money to buy the rights and then its all done someone like us would own Naruto and then we can change it all for the better.

True I would also have both SP Kishi and the ones who do the Manga come out and say how much they all kittened up and how they all favoured Hinata, which you should not do.

#48 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

check this out http://readms.net/r/wsjac/%2344/4234/2

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

Well I wouldn't want to say, "Poor reviews" or "mostly good." I remember a manga series saying that it got rave reviews or super popular. A couple of weeks later, cancelled. I forgot the series' name but it was in Weekly Shounen Jump. Whether it's true or not, I tend to take it with grain of salt for just about everything, because in the end, it's on your opinion. We still don't know the rating or any "booming" effect.

#50 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

Well I wouldn't want to say, "Poor reviews" or "mostly good." I remember a manga series saying that it got rave reviews or super popular. A couple of weeks later, cancelled. I forgot the series' name but it was in Weekly Shounen Jump. Whether it's true or not, I tend to take it with grain of salt for just about everything, because in the end, it's on your opinion. We still don't know the rating or any "booming" effect.

Was it hungry Joker by any chance?

#51 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

@james
Yes, it will be canon if kishi approved your suggestion that NS. The publisher has no saying in this case they just a publisher of a book not the creator. The credit goes to the author and not to the publisher. Ofc that's different with marvel, dc, games workshop black library, ect.

Burito canon because the author approve it, the same goes with whatever media the author approve as canon.
Disney doesn't decanonize the original six movies, they only decanonize the expand universe. There's a different with that.

Ken akamatsu is more about executive meddling and then they can say FU to the publisher just by prematurely ending it and continue the manga with different title because he's the author of the manga. Another example of mangaka change publisher, and she can do that.

It's possible indeed in japan to lose creative control but in naruto case it doesn't happen. What happen is the author agree with whatever idea he got present and go along with it. Kishi can "fight" and he chose to not fight.

#52 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Was it hungry Joker by any chance?

Any wsj axed series alway got that rare review.

@touken
Unless burito anime rating is bottom 10 or even worse bottom 5, I don't think the anime will get cancel. Remember just because it doesn't happen in top 10 doesn't mean it's not "popular" enough to guarantee long running episode.

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

I'm not betting on cancellation. I'm only saying words from them don't mean too much because in the end, it's all hype. It's like movie critics commercial only this one just has a word of mouth.

#54 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

I suppose at best were going to get a rushed ending

#55 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

@touken
Yes, I agree with you.

@bluestarsaber
We shall see the rating for the anime to see if it ever get cancelation.
The manga on the other hand have a solid holding. 400 k is decent number. Now it's a big no no if burito manga number goes below it like >200k. You can expect cancelation or maybe drastic change of story to boost the sales which if failed will end in cancelation.

#56 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

Reviewers will find anything to praise about what they are reviewing. They want people to read their articles so they get paid, so they write that everything thing they watch is great and enjoyable and everyone should watch it. So they people that do enjoy it will continue to read their articles because they believe the writer must have similar taste to them. They will only post negative reviews when it is failing and everyone knows it, and utterly scathing ones when they know the public out right hates something (granted sometime they do jump the gun).

I normally take if the author brings up reviews something isn't going well. Since normally they bring it up to hide a failing in something else...normally sales & profits.

Boruto both as an anime and a manga are doing "average" at the moment though hopefully on a downward slope. The problem is the companies don't want "average," they want "Naruto in its Prime" level of views and sales.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 May 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#57 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

@bail
The companies may tolerate the sales, but if not then burito days is number.

#58 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

good kishimoto good. kill them all not even hinata should live

http://kotaku.com/so...ng-o-1795009454

#59 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

good kishimoto good. kill them all not even hinata should live

http://kotaku.com/so...ng-o-1795009454

I have to lol at the part when he said" it will make Boruto more interesting" :lmao:. This guy's ego is so freaking huge. I find picking my nose and scratching my ass more interesting than watching that kitten anime. But if Kishi wants to kill a character please let it be Hinata first, kill her slowly and painfully, then Naruto can join her followed by Boruto. A man can truly dream. :umm:

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 May 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Yes, pull Taboo Tattoo on me. It only makes the writing better. /s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users