134 replies to this topic

#21 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

August 26th, 2010. 9lbs. 2oz. 22.5 inches long. Auburn hair and slate blue eyes that could either darken or lighten, I can't wait to find out which, but for right now she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Those of you who predicted she'd be a she were right. happy.gif The surgery went smoothly and I'm still healing but I finally have a cute baby to hold in my arms rather than in my tummy. Everyone got real excited over how big she is, and my dad is joking that she's only 3 inches shorter than me already. biggrin.gif I have a ton of pics of course but none on the computer yet, much to everyone's disappointment, but my family is lacking in the technology now! department. I promise you guys I'll post some soon.
Nursing has been going well except for a little bump in our progress due to baby's gas. Her full name btw is Molly Renee Patrick. We just got her home yesterday after 4 days in the hospital. My hubby was going crazy in there even as I was enjoying having everything served to me in bed. cool.gif Our first night at home went by well enough (they are both still sleeping so I have a little "me" time) and I'm feeling great. I'm so thankful to everyone who wished me well, came to visit, and especially the wonderful nurses and hospital staff that took great care of me.
I have to admit going into surgery was terrifying and stressful, but everything turned out perfectly and my hubby is a terrific father.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Wonderful! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Molly Renee - what a beautiful name. And I'm glad it was an all-around good experience.

Welcome to the world, little Molly!

#23 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Congrats Nee-sama! Wow I'm so happy for you! And your baby sounds gorgeous~ I can't wait to see pictures of her!

It must be really hectic at first- my mom told me all the stories when I was a baby xD

I wish you, your husband, and Molly well!

#24 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

/SQUEAL/

THE BABY~! wow.png

Congratulations~! :DDD

Baby girl, auburn hair, blue eyes....can she be any more beautiful? <3

You HAVE to post pictures of my lovely "niece"~! love.gif

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#25 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

She sounds beautiful! Congratulations!!!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#26 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

*Put on Suit* With only a few months later after Dark's baby birth, now presenting the runner up for H&E motherhood to: Nee-sama *Give you the silver trophy for being the second mother in H&E*

Now we just need to wait for the next member to be knocked up to get the bronze trophy tongue.gif

Edited by BlackLightning, 01 September 2010 - 02:22 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#27 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

For to see some pictures clicky here!

#28 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:26 AM

I was right! She's gorgeous!!!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#29 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

These last few days at home have been going well. I wish I had *more* visitors to show off my baby to. We took her to her first doctor's appointment and to visit the people at John's work which went so great, she didn't cry or fuss the whole time and everyone loved seeing her.
We had a day or two of trouble with latching on but we moved past that and our feeding sessions are going smoothly. She sleeps most of the night, only waking up two or three times. We're also getting her adjusted to sleeping in the crib; She prefers to sleep on her side or on her belly on someone's shoulder and especially likes to lie down next to mommy or daddy and feel our body warmth.
I've gotta say she is the most precious thing that I've ever seen. <3

#30 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

wow.png ohmigosh! You're a mom!!! Congratulations!! Heh... I knew it was gonna be a girl^^

Edited by LadyCupcake, 03 September 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#31 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Omigawd~!

/claps hands together & random shiny back-ground appears/

She is so GORJUSS~! wub.gif

/starts crying happy tears/

oooooh...I'm sorry....I'm just so happy. shamefulcry0js.gif
My beautiful niece.

/blows nose/

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#32 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

Congrats Nee!! Best wishes for you adorable newborn girl~

#33 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. happy.gif
Last night, after 10 days, Molly's umbilical cord fell out. The weird part is we don't know where it went. >_> It must have fallen into the diaper my hubby was changing and got thrown away... at least that's what I'm hoping. It would be kind of gross to find it lying around the house somewhere, lol.

Nursing is still going better than expected. The most painful part of all of it is engorgement! Waiting on a pump to come in the mail so I can release this pressure, cuz the baybee is not getting the job done!
Funny story; I thought for weeks "ahh I dun need no nursing bra - I'll just go bra-less since I'm at home all the time. Brainless is what that was. The first day my milk came in I realized how wrong I was rolleyes.gif I ended up having to change shirts a couple times and desperately needing to take a shower. So I went as soon as possible to the JC Penny's in my rinkadink town, which is so small (the town and the penny's) that there isn't even a nursing bra rack, and the only other department store is a Kmart. Seriously, there's no where in this area to find anything for pregnant or post-postpartum women. I'd have to drive to the next village sleep.gif Anyway, I'm in the Penny's and have to ask someone at a register for help. She directs me to someone who tells me she has 1 nursing bra that was returned from another store. We found it on a reduced sale rack, along with another one that was like 2 cup sizes bigger, and it just happened to be the right size. And it was only $14. Luck was with me that day.

#34 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Gah, you ended up being in trouble just beacusae of a bra... Anyway, I am so happy for your baby...! Being a mommy is wonderful!! wow.png

#35 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Sep 6 2010, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you, thank you, thank you. happy.gif
Last night, after 10 days, Molly's umbilical cord fell out. The weird part is we don't know where it went. >_> It must have fallen into the diaper my hubby was changing and got thrown away... at least that's what I'm hoping. It would be kind of gross to find it lying around the house somewhere, lol.

Nursing is still going better than expected. The most painful part of all of it is engorgement! Waiting on a pump to come in the mail so I can release this pressure, cuz the baybee is not getting the job done!
Funny story; I thought for weeks "ahh I dun need no nursing bra - I'll just go bra-less since I'm at home all the time. Brainless is what that was. The first day my milk came in I realized how wrong I was rolleyes.gif I ended up having to change shirts a couple times and desperately needing to take a shower. So I went as soon as possible to the JC Penny's in my rinkadink town, which is so small (the town and the penny's) that there isn't even a nursing bra rack, and the only other department store is a Kmart. Seriously, there's no where in this area to find anything for pregnant or post-postpartum women. I'd have to drive to the next village sleep.gif Anyway, I'm in the Penny's and have to ask someone at a register for help. She directs me to someone who tells me she has 1 nursing bra that was returned from another store. We found it on a reduced sale rack, along with another one that was like 2 cup sizes bigger, and it just happened to be the right size. And it was only $14. Luck was with me that day.

I think every new mom goes through the same thing. And what works for you one week won't work the next. Or vice versa. Things you think you don't need one day, on the next day you don't know how your survived without them!

Glad you're doing well. Nursing is so good for her and for you — it's great bonding time! You have to sit still and just enjoy your baby! I see lots of babies being bottle fed on-the-go (grocery store checkout line comes to mind), and though it's understandable, I'm always reminded of the difference between nursing and bottle feeding. One is calming for both of you, the other just gets the baby fed and through the store. That quiet snuggle time is soothing for you both.

And when you're shopping: shoes, sunglasses and jewelry ALL STILL FIT! smile.gif When nothing else feels quite right, those things still look great! smile.gif New-mom shopping has it's own set of challenges!

She's so beautiful! Just love her to bits!

#36 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

Been awhile since my last update. These last 3 weeks have gone by so fast!
Molly seems to be getting heavier every time I pick her up - which is good since she still wasn't at her birth weight last time we went to the pediatrician. He had us supplementing with formula or pumped milk to get more calories into her. I think she's starting or about to start a growth spurt too. It seems like there are a few hours in every day that she wants to eat every hour, and fights falling asleep. My poor boobs can hardly produce enough supply for the demand!

On top of that, I have been trying to start a stockpile of pumped milk for when I go back to work, but every time I pump I only get about 2 - 4 ounces, and then she wakes up and I end up having to feed her everything I just pumped! I thought eating more would do the trick, but my supply only seems to be decreasing. Starting tonight I need to go back to drinking a bunch of water. Right after my surgery I was super dehydrated, so I drank like a fish and I would get painfully engorged. Now, I'm missing that full feeling.

Tomorrow, John has to go back to work. We're both bummed. I'm nervous about being alone with Molly all day. These last few weeks were so enjoyable - being with my newborn and my baby~daddy at home to take care of both of us. Now I wont have him around to make me lunch or hand me my water bottle while Molly's attached to my boob. sad.gif The best part about having him around all the time was being able to hand her to him when I got frustrated or just needed time to pamper myself. And the thing I've realized from my anxiety about being alone with Molly is that I'm even more nervous about leaving her alone with my mother when I go back to work!

Out of all my family and friends, my mother is the worst around the baby! She's too timid when she's picking her up, and I hate the way she changes her diaper! Not only does she do a poor job of wiping Molly clean, but I have to constantly remind her "front to back." I'm so worried that Molly is going to start crying and my mom wont be able to figure out what's wrong with her. I know Mom raised two girls of her own, but she is notorious for her "wandering mind" and she seems so unreliable. I straight out forbid her from driving anywhere with Molly - she will have to stay in my house while she's watching her. sleep.gif No, I don't think I'm overreacting or being overprotective, my mom is a terrible driver! laugh.gif

#37 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Well... at least your baby seem very healthy. Thats a good thing I guess smile.gif

PS: Trust me, noone can drive worse than my wife... though I can understand your precaution coz of your baby. Its very nice to know that there ARE loving moms and dads like you and your husband smile.gif

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#38 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

Whoa, your lil girl looks great~ It's so beautiful... :3 I understand you, being all alone at home with a newborn baby is quite like... trouble. My aunt was just like you, I do know how it feels... Good luck and give some babycare lessons to ur mom! XXD Oh, btw, I was like Molly when I was a baby. My mom's breasts suffered!!
And...there is a driver even worse that Lightning's wife. ME! XD

#39 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

laugh.gif
Well, at least you admit it. My mom is the person you get stuck behind on the highway going 10 under the speed limit and you scream your brains out hoping this old woman will pull over and get off the road, but she would just say "I'm being safe." However, she caused a collision not so long ago with her "safe" driving. School traffic was making left hand turns from the oncoming lane and she got so nervous because they kept turning in front of her (because she was going so slow!) that she kept slowing down more and more. She came to a stop, on a highway with traffic behind her, and the next person in the left hand turn lane thought she was going to let him go. Of course, the person behind her was like WTF!? and honked their horn. So she stepped on the gas (cuz' she's bad like that) and hit the guy making the left turn!

#40 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

Oh My God. That's...quite bad I guess ._.
Hire a chauffer! XXD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users