31562 replies to this topic

#28021 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:35 PM

lol there's a girl on YouTube who decided to show Naruto to her mom for the first time and I'm pretty sure she finished the series herself already but the funny thing is her mom is already shipping narusaku and the girl is trying to tell her mom he might change his feelings 😂 (the girl seems to ship sasusaku) and the mom doesn't like Hinata. If she doesn't spoil things to the mom this is going to be interesting since there are so many ns moments lol

#28022 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:30 AM

As in it happened after the episodes of the gaiden correct?

I did summaries up till the end of the gaiden. Go back and reread them if you don't believe me. That Sakura scene happened afterward. Arcs later, Not simply episodes.

lol there's a girl on YouTube who decided to show Naruto to her mom for the first time and I'm pretty sure she finished the series herself already but the funny thing is her mom is already shipping narusaku and the girl is trying to tell her mom he might change his feelings (the girl seems to ship sasusaku) and the mom doesn't like Hinata. If she doesn't spoil things to the mom this is going to be interesting since there are so many ns moments lol

Now that I would like a link to.

#28023 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

I believe you, I just don't remember.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28024 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

I believe you, I just don't remember.

That's bolt no cares so no one remembers.

#28025 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:31 PM

I know. But when you want to speak of something factually or logically you have to address the...... well, facts.

#28026 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

The thing about art is that you have to pursue it for the love of it, not for the success it will bring...because the odds of that happening are slim to none in the first place. So few works ever get a chance to shine in the mainstream, and even fewer actually stay there.

I guess Kishimoto saw the success of DragonBall and wanted to copy it, without realizing its popularity was an accident. Most mangaka are broke as kitten. I think he had a panic attack when he realized what he had gotten himself into and prodded Yahigi to help him make it popular.

I can’t speak from personal experience about kids, but Kishimoto could have simply not let them read it. Spielberg forbade his kids from watching Jurassic Park when it first came out, and he still went on to make Saving Private Ryan. Roberto Rodriguez made things like Spy Kids, and he still made Machete. Besides, even the grittier stuff he wrote was targeted towards kids. 
As for the messages he was trying to pass, yeah, not a good idea. I think it’s wonderful to pass a moral message to your readers, but it has to be in a way that is practical for the real world. 
In Orochimaru’s case, he could have had characters forgive him as a person, but imprison him for his deeds nonetheless. Kishimoto could have used the past atrocities to highlight how many of them did what they thought was right, but show their actions were still wrong and now they had to live with reasonable consequences. I could go on, but there were so many other ways to competently preach about peace and forgiveness. Naruto wasn’t one of them.

From what I remember, he wanted to develop Kakashi and Sakura more, but I guess his editors said no to those. I feel like the war arc was a big catch up/cram session in an attempt to flesh out the world he created; something he should have done much, MUCH earlier. 

You pretty much nailed it on why tactics were thrown out the window. Even so, Kishimoto could have asked his assistants to research ninja tactics and war strategy. The problem with this, though, is that Naruto since its inception wasn’t really about ninjas. 
This is why I love the 2012 TMNT; they use ACTUAL ninjutsu and strategies in their battles. Just watch Gaijin Goomba’s video on the Ninja Turtles.

Kishimoto could have also used more of the works that inspired Naruto, particularly Jiraiya. Again, watch GG’s video with Johnny Young Bosch. 

You know what, just watch all of Gaijin’s videos, because they are informative and just awesome.

speaking of tmnt, anyone seen batman vs the teenage mutant ninja turtles yet? I thought it was pretty good. also I prefer the 2003 turtles and the turtles forever crossover over the 2012 ones. I mean I get that its cool they use more actual ninjutsu and all, but the designs, the comedic tone, and stuff like april being a high schooler turned me off. they changed too much lore and character stuff for my tastes. the big thing though was the whole donatello x april stuff. gives me too much of a sonic x elise vibe lol. I like 2003 because it was a more serious version of the turtles with the best versions of shredder and etc and was so expansive.   and yeah gajiin gooma makes cool videos, and yeah naruto was always so weird and I didn't like how they're supposed to be ninjas but aren't real ninjas, and was annoyed when pokemon copied naruto basically for its ninja village in kalos. I'll take ninja gaiden's ryu hayabusa over naruto any day of the week lol

Edited by ultranx, 21 October 2019 - 06:47 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#28027 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:58 AM

"Are people seriously treating the MangaPlus numbers as representative of Boruto's success? 
Seriously?"
Went on that twitter to see if this commented on Samurai 8 or Boruto again. Also someone made a comment I have been making about online views (youtube/managaplus) for Naruto/Boruto:
"The views would be fantastic if they actually also help in sales..."

I made a similar comment about that once before. I think people are INTERESTED in Boruto, but so far it hasn’t done much to justify being bought/supported. It’s just regurgitating everything from the original and doing nothing with it.

speaking of tmnt, anyone seen batman vs the teenage mutant ninja turtles yet? I thought it was pretty good. also I prefer the 2003 turtles and the turtles forever crossover over the 2012 ones. I mean I get that its cool they use more actual ninjutsu and all, but the designs, the comedic tone, and stuff like april being a high schooler turned me off. they changed too much lore and character stuff for my tastes. the big thing though was the whole donatello x april stuff. gives me too much of a sonic x elise vibe lol. I like 2003 because it was a more serious version of the turtles with the best versions of shredder and etc and was so expansive.   and yeah gajiin gooma makes cool videos, and yeah naruto was always so weird and I didn't like how they're supposed to be ninjas but aren't real ninjas, and was annoyed when pokemon copied naruto basically for its ninja village in kalos. I'll take ninja gaiden's ryu hayabusa over naruto any day of the week lol

You need to see the 2012 series again, because even with the silly stuff, it is by far the darkest turtles yet. The mutations are horrifying, the rivalry between Splinter and Shredder has never been more intense, and IMPORTANT characters have died in this one, JUST shying away from gore while still making you say ‘This is a kids’ show?’

In all fairness to Naruto, most modern ninja in media are WAY off. But I think Naruto was a missed opportunity to find a halfway point between fantasy and reality in regards to ninja.

#28028 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:37 AM

What's alarming is that people seem to completely/purposely ignore the fact that the romance sub-plot for this series is all about the Team 7 love triangle. It's so tiring that people seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills. All of the secondary characters who had one-sided feelings (Hinata, Ino/Karin, Lee etc.) for the main characters were meant to remain one-sided, and they did throughout the series. The love interest for Naruto was literally established from the earliest of chapters. Yet, there are people to this day that will argue against this. Naruto's love interest was Sakura, Sakura's love interest was Sasuke, Sasuke...well he was about revenge at that time. 

Anything outside of the love triangle had no substance and/or no development. Plain and simple. For one, they're secondary characters who aren't as essential to the plot and of course, they have their own character developments and naturally don't interact with the main characters as as much (ex. different teams accompanying team 7 throughout shippuden). Even if that were to happen, it would change the structure of the story. Characters have their designated spaces and roles. 

I was watching Friends recently and I read somewhere that Chandler was originally meant to be a side-character, and had they followed through with that, he wouldn't have gotten together with Monica because there would literally be no opporutinity fpr that to happen. You can't have someone who is a side-character get together with one of the main character's as they would only pop-in once in a while, do their part as required, then leave. No constant presence in story = no interaction with the main character = not even the opportunity for development. Common sense? Yes, but more importantly, literal story structure. 

It's so unfortunate what has happened to this series, the characters...everything. People who don't understand will say "a pairing choice can't ruin the series" etc. Erm, yes it can. And it damn well did. Naruto already had a very well established romance sub-plot throughout the series. The protaginist's love interest was clearly stated and showcased several, several times throughout the manga. So yes, a pairing choice can ruin a series. To go against what was written and developed throughout the entire story means you have to take drastic measures to erase and reverse everything. This is exactly what happened with the Naruto series. The very fact that this ending and movie had to happen for NH to occur proves it. Reminder that Naruto is not a shojo either, so for them to have to go to such extremes to make NH & SS happen proves that there was a hefty amount of undoing and erasing to do. 

The ending literally switched, shifted and relegated character positions (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura etc.) to benefit a secondary character who has no immediate importance to the protaganist. This isn't a diss to Hinata either of course, it's a simple fact. We had a whole movie about this secondary character that told the story of how she won the heart of the protagonist. Sakura was relegated to Hinata's status temporarily, despite being the female lead of the series. Hinata's character even did a 180 temporarily; they changed her looks, changed her hair colour, eye colour, changed her clothes (dressed like RTN Hinata). 

It's really disgusting to see all this happening and still see people defending it. There's nothing to defend and the evidence shows. It shouldn't even be up for debate as it's plain fact, but hey, people will still try to spin it and deny plain evidence anyways. Mess. 

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28029 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:10 AM

It is because American fanbase had a preference to Hinata thought, "it would be nice if she got together with Naruto," and made it an obsession. The otaku in SP also had that obsession. To them, Hinata winning in the end was the greatest triumph that they...I mean the story were working towards for years. To everyone everywhere else, it was one of the most bizarre turns that ever happened in a IP that big; which completely damage the IP.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 October 2019 - 10:51 AM.

#28030 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:37 PM

It is because American fanbase had a preference to Hinata thought, "it would be nice if she got together with Naruto," and made it an obsession. The otaku in SP also had that obsession. To them, Hinata winning in the end was the greatest triumph that they...I mean the story were working towards for years. To everyone everywhere else, it was one of the most bizarre turns that ever happened in a IP that big; which completely damage the IP.

Yeah, no kidding. Too many times, I've seen IP's really be hurt that I like when they could do one path, but do another then claim it was "planned" but it also contradicts a lot of what was done before and also how it coulda been done better by fans. That's why many Naruto fanfiction can be so much better than the canon because many try to actually stay true to their story rather than trying to do something on the whims of the "fans" who act as if they're the majority of things.

#28031 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:30 PM

Has anyone dared to watch Burritos newest episodes? Apparently Burrito is now in Naruto's childhood.
I had the misfortune of seeing Crunchyroll post about NaruHina in the newest episode in it's original form. Naruto appearing before Hinata and her turning red while Naruto goes "wtf is your deal?"
Burrito witnesses this, facepalms and thinks about how embarrassing it is to see them like that.

It's embarrassing NH and your spinoff exists, burrito.
I bet they wanted to do this as an excuse to fan their Loli Hinata flames back up.

Also needless to say, Crunchyroll's Twitter is officially blocked on my end now.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 29 October 2019 - 01:31 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28032 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

Has anyone dared to watch Burritos newest episodes? Apparently Burrito is now in Naruto's childhood.
I had the misfortune of seeing Crunchyroll post about NaruHina in the newest episode in it's original form. Naruto appearing before Hinata and her turning red while Naruto goes "wtf is your deal?"
Burrito witnesses this, facepalms and thinks about how embarrassing it is to see them like that.
I bet they wanted to do this as an excuse to fan their Loli Hinata flames back up.
Also needless to say, Crunchyroll's Twitter is officially blocked on my end now.

Nothing good will come from going to the past cause it's going to kitten up the future and why are Sasuke and bolt in the past anyway.

#28033 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

I dared a little, you can check the Boruto anime thread. Here's the link:

http://www.narusaku....=16012&page=150

Edited by Nostradamus, 29 October 2019 - 02:26 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#28034 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

I dared a little, you can check the Boruto anime thread. Here's the link:
http://www.narusaku....=16012&page=150

You mean that video you linked I checked it out a bit since bolt knows to sexy justu and I've seen art of it on da.

#28035 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:27 PM

You mean that video you linked I checked it out a bit since bolt knows to sexy justu and I've seen art of it on da.

Yeah that and my comment above it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#28036 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:15 AM

Yeah that and my comment above it.

I wonder what shinachiku sexy justu would be like.

#28037 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:34 AM

I wonder what shinachiku sexy justu would be like.

tumblr_oec8f8lZ6x1vdt2vco1_400.gif

:hehehe: 

CZSn9hA.jpg

#28038 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:58 AM

Yes, Bolt knows the sexy jutsu. He used it in the Chibi Spin off manga to win his genin exam leading to Salad beating him and Konohamaru up (the one time she has ever done so), and he used it on richie rich to no effect; which he was deeply offended once it didn't work.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 October 2019 - 02:02 AM.

#28039 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:36 AM

Oh yeah, he does. Well since such importance is placed on family techniques to identify one as their parents child and obviously Hinata never gave a $#!& as to what Bolt was learning and using, why not? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 October 2019 - 10:14 AM.

#28040 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:45 AM

What's alarming is that people seem to completely/purposely ignore the fact that the romance sub-plot for this series is all about the Team 7 love triangle. It's so tiring that people seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills. All of the secondary characters who had one-sided feelings (Hinata, Ino/Karin, Lee etc.) for the main characters were meant to remain one-sided, and they did throughout the series. The love interest for Naruto was literally established from the earliest of chapters. Yet, there are people to this day that will argue against this. Naruto's love interest was Sakura, Sakura's love interest was Sasuke, Sasuke...well he was about revenge at that time. 

Anything outside of the love triangle had no substance and/or no development. Plain and simple. For one, they're secondary characters who aren't as essential to the plot and of course, they have their own character developments and naturally don't interact with the main characters as as much (ex. different teams accompanying team 7 throughout shippuden). Even if that were to happen, it would change the structure of the story. Characters have their designated spaces and roles. 

I was watching Friends recently and I read somewhere that Chandler was originally meant to be a side-character, and had they followed through with that, he wouldn't have gotten together with Monica because there would literally be no opporutinity fpr that to happen. You can't have someone who is a side-character get together with one of the main character's as they would only pop-in once in a while, do their part as required, then leave. No constant presence in story = no interaction with the main character = not even the opportunity for development. Common sense? Yes, but more importantly, literal story structure. 

It's so unfortunate what has happened to this series, the characters...everything. People who don't understand will say "a pairing choice can't ruin the series" etc. Erm, yes it can. And it damn well did. Naruto already had a very well established romance sub-plot throughout the series. The protaginist's love interest was clearly stated and showcased several, several times throughout the manga. So yes, a pairing choice can ruin a series. To go against what was written and developed throughout the entire story means you have to take drastic measures to erase and reverse everything. This is exactly what happened with the Naruto series. The very fact that this ending and movie had to happen for NH to occur proves it. Reminder that Naruto is not a shojo either, so for them to have to go to such extremes to make NH & SS happen proves that there was a hefty amount of undoing and erasing to do. 

The ending literally switched, shifted and relegated character positions (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura etc.) to benefit a secondary character who has no immediate importance to the protaganist. This isn't a diss to Hinata either of course, it's a simple fact. We had a whole movie about this secondary character that told the story of how she won the heart of the protagonist. Sakura was relegated to Hinata's status temporarily, despite being the female lead of the series. Hinata's character even did a 180 temporarily; they changed her looks, changed her hair colour, eye colour, changed her clothes (dressed like RTN Hinata). 

It's really disgusting to see all this happening and still see people defending it. There's nothing to defend and the evidence shows. It shouldn't even be up for debate as it's plain fact, but hey, people will still try to spin it and deny plain evidence anyways. Mess.

And you know what their prime justification of the crack pairing that is NH happening in a movie is? "Naruto is not a romance manga."  :lmao:

Really you gotta laugh at the hypocrisy of it all, since they don't give a damn about anything but Hinata winning Naruto's heart, and treated every interaction between the two as them flirting and blushing around each other and how they were making plans to get married and have a dozen kids at least. :zaru:

Double irony, romantic moments between Naruto and Sakura are brushed off as platonic and again they use the "is not part of the romance genre" excuse

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 December 2019 - 12:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users