• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hai.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/583

JA2DBzd.png

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I hate manga reader now. I can't see 583 at all.

It won't even let me view the chapters, is there another site that has it or have they not caught up yet?

Update: I'll try Google Chrome.

Update #2: Nope, it still doesn't work. arg.gif

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Boring still yawning. --Click here to view--
Enough with the flashbacks chapter I don't want to know a thing about Kabuto.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#4 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 18 2012, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate manga reader now. I can't see 583 at all.

It won't even let me view the chapters, is there another site that has it or have they not caught up yet?

Update: I'll try Google Chrome.

Update #2: Nope, it still doesn't work. arg.gif

If it still isn't working try NarutoBase. It should go straight to 583.

JA2DBzd.png

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Apr 18 2012, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it still isn't working try NarutoBase. It should go straight to 583.

Thanks.

http://naruto.anifre...a/naruto/583/1/

^^ This also works too for those who can't see either one of them.
Dolt. I put the wrong link. facepalm.png

I knew it. I knew they were going to do something to the "mother" and warp Kabuto's mind somehow. Take away the one thing grounded someone's humanity and you take away everything that made them human. That's pretty freaky what they did though, if they did do something at all. Possibly not the same person? But then how how did Kabuto recognize her...Hmm. I want to say that they blanked her mind up to a certain point or sealed her thoughts away some how, but I might be wrong. I wonder if Orochimaru has been watching Kabuto for a while now seeing as he knew exactly where he was going to be. I don't think it is a coincidence that Orochimaru just showed up out of no where.

Now that I think about it, when did Sasori get a hold of Kabuto and supposedly made him a spy? I thought Kabuto said he was with Sasori before he met Orochimaru ad joined him to spy on him.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 April 2012 - 11:11 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

If people are having trouble with MR, I suggest that you guys wait until MS releases their scans in the next few hours.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#7 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I really liked the chapter, Interesting flashback though. Better then the ones we had.

#8 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 18 2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.

I knew it. I knew they were going to do something to the "mother" and warp Kabuto's mind somehow. Take away the one thing grounded someone's humanity and you take away everything that made them human. That's pretty freaky what they did though, if they did do something at all. Possibly not the same person? But then how how did Kabuto recognize her...Hmm. I want to say that they blanked her mind up to a certain point or sealed her thoughts away some how, but I might be wrong. I wonder if Orochimaru has been watching Kabuto for a while now seeing as he knew exactly where he was going to be. I don't think it is a coincidence that Orochimaru just showed up out of no where.

Now that I think about it, when did Sasori get a hold of Kabuto and supposedly made him a spy? I thought Kabuto said he was with Sasori before he met Orochimaru ad joined him to spy on him.

Well this chapter showed that he lied. He actually met Orochimaru first so he already worked for him before he met Sasori. So Sasori thought he had a spy but actually he has a double agent spying on him. Makes sense considering how easily Kabuto chose Orochimaru over Sasori.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#9 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 18 2012, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.

I think he already met Sasori. --Click here to view--
The only thing come to mind, is that Kabuto might already seen Sasori when he was going through all of those villages. he was a spy for 5 years at that time he already met Sasori and then Orochimaru remove the seal.

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

As much as I hate flashback chapters, this have to be one of the best I readed, Kabuto had an difficult childhood. It's really unfair how the orphanage got treated, and how Kabuto change so much over time that even his mother don't recognize him anymore. I think this is one of the most well writen villains in Naruto, his background is rather short, Kabuto still had a lot of hard times.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 18 2012, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well this chapter showed that he lied. He actually met Orochimaru first so he already worked for him before he met Sasori. So Sasori thought he had a spy but actually he has a double agent spying on him. Makes sense considering how easily Kabuto chose Orochimaru over Sasori.

So that would make him a quadruple agent. *scratches the back of my back of my head* Maybe this is why kabuto doesn't know who he is anymore. Spies being a spy to spy on other spies who are spying on spies to spy on spies who spy on top secret targets. That alone would drive me up the wall. Add more to the confusion of double agents and it is a mess.
QUOTE (donjoseph19 @ Apr 18 2012, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he already met Sasori. --Click here to view--
The only thing come to mind, is that Kabuto might already seen Sasori when he was going through all of those villages. he was a spy for 5 years at that time he already met Sasori and then Orochimaru remove the seal.

The only thing that is stopping that is that Kabuto said on the bridge that he was Sasori agent first until Orochimaru freed him and gave him a choice, but from this flashback he says he met Orochimaru first when he was a kid and was found by him even before that. Sasori was part of the sand village and Orochimaru was part of leaf's Root or at least working with them if not apart of them, so he couldn't have met Sasori first since he didn't become a Shinobi until after he met Danzo (Is that who it is right?).

From what I can see, Kabuto must have been lying on the bridge. If not, then something doesn't add up. Unless Orochimaru purposely planted Kabuto in with Sasori so he could spy on the Akatsuki and put a memory barrier so he could think what he did.

I am not sure anymore. Something doesn't add up and I am wondering if Kishimoto made an accidental retcon oversight.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 April 2012 - 12:13 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Apr 18 2012, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's time like these when I want to give Kabuto a great big hug. shamefulcry0js.gif Damn you, Orichimaru.... Screwed up peoples lives.
That has got to be one of the best flashback chapters I've ever read. shamefulcry0js.gif

Why do I have a feeling Orichimaru had something to do with Kabuto's mother not remembering him....? Hence his last line... "I still remember you, Kabuto". hm.png

oh! good catch! your right...why else would he say that? this is the same guy who is known to use people for his own gain, I'm sure he had something to do with his "mother" not remembering him... can't prove it yet tho! I'm finding Kabuto's past to be very exciting! ( He is my third fave villain afterall! happy.gif )

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#13 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Apr 18 2012, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, Kabuto does have an interesting background. I wasn't bored reading about it at all. He is both complex and totally nutty so it's nice to finally see what makes him tick.

For some reason that made me laugh. You sure have a funny way of saying things. laugh.gif happy.gif

...to lose everything. --Click here to view--
You know! Sometimes, I wonder if Danzo did something good for the village. I know he wanted to protect the village in his own way, but apart from Sai, I don't know if he really did contribute to the stability of the village. Now we see that he took part in making Kabuto insane with his "kill feelings" motto.

And another thing which leaves me thinking is... I wonder how many times have Kishi used the master/student "pick-up" plot (I can't count the many times a villain appears just in the time when a person who became a bad guy was in his most critical moment... Haku/Zabuza, Kimimaro/Orochimaru, Yugo/Kimimaro, Kisame/Madara). I guess its true what the joker says: Madness is like gravity, all you need is a little "push".

Anyway, all that aside, I think each backstory is useful since it gives us clues about the person's goals and motivations. And yeah, imagine losing your own mother and she asking you "who are you?". I'm sure that's really damn painful so it makes me sympathize with Kabuto: not with his intentions, but with his story.

Overall, I think it was a good chapter.

#14 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

my thoughts. --Click here to view--
It's official if in "Naruto" if you have a screwed up past it's Denzo and or Tobi falt.

Edited by Jake, 18 April 2012 - 12:53 PM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 18 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I hate flashback chapters, this have to be one of the best I readed, Kabuto had an difficult childhood. It's really unfair how the orphanage got treated, and how Kabuto change so much over time that even his mother don't recognize him anymore. I think this is one of the most well writen villains in Naruto, his background is rather short, Kabuto still had a lot of hard times.

Yeah... this is Kishi's strongest point. He knows how to make us sympathize with his characters.

Also, there's just something I realized, it's usually when he gives us the background of a character or their thoughts, that we do understand & appreciate them more. Now, my question would be this. Why the hell don't we have more background on Sakura. Hell, I would've killed to have her go to the WoT so that we would know what her deepest thoughts were.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 18 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... this is Kishi's strongest point. He knows how to make us sympathize with his characters.

Also, there's just something I realized, it's usually when he gives us the background of a character or their thoughts, that we do understand & appreciate them more. Now, my question would be this. Why the hell don't we have more background on Sakura. Hell, I would've killed to have her go to the WoT so that we would know what her deepest thoughts were.

Actually just thought of this, we've already had a piece of her background => the whole how she turned from Ino's friend in her love rival thing;
let's hope it's not the only thing that Kishi is going to tell us about her past.

About the WoT, it'd probably be about how she still doubts between Naruto and Sasuke or about she still isn't strong enough to be able to walk beside Naruto to help his on his quest to save Sasuke

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 18 2012, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate to sound like I am undermining Sakura, but her back story is not that tragic. She didn't lose her parents like Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara, and Kabuto did. She didn't go through harsh time of being alone like Naruto, Sasuke, and Gaara did...at least not from their level of loneliness. She didn't really lose anything that big in her past and go through these horrible situations that might change her very outlook on life.

The closest thing was losing Sasuke, but even then she has Naruto to comfort her, so she wasn't that down all the time about it. The bigger the tragedy the more likely people WANT to sympathize with the character or try to understand the character. Even with Sasuke, you want to sympathize with him, but he doesn't want you to or he wants to blame you for his pain. So the tragedy is that he let himself get to this point of no return. Sakura never really went through it. She always had someone to guide her, she didn't really lose her parents, and the worst things to happen to her are no different than what most people go through during school.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

The reason Sakura don't have flashbacks about her background is because there is no noticeble content. She is as normal as an character can get. She have parents, she have an normal childhood, good and bad moments, and... that's it. Kishimoto don't give much emphasy to an character unless they have an sad or tragic background.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 18 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to sound like I am undermining Sakura, but her back story is not that tragic. She didn't lose her parents like Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara, and Kabuto did. She didn't go through harsh time of being alone like Naruto, Sasuke, and Gaara did...at least not from their level of loneliness. She didn't really lose anything that big in her past and go through these horrible situations that might change her very outlook on life.

The closest thing was losing Sasuke, but even then she has Naruto to comfort her, so she wasn't that down all the time about it. The bigger the tragedy the more likely people WANT to sympathize with the character or try to understand the character. Even with Sasuke, you want to sympathize with him, but he doesn't want you to or he wants to blame you for his pain. So the tragedy is that he let himself get to this point of no return. Sakura never really went through it. She always had someone to guide her, she didn't really lose her parents, and the worst things to happen to her are no different than what most people go through during school.

Actually, that wasn't exactly my point. My point was that whenever Kishi explains the backstory of a character, he usually writes it so to the point that readers would be able to sympathize with the character.

But the problem is exactly that. It's because Sakura doesn't have enough of a compelling background that she is completely side-stepped by the fans.

INSTEAD, it's Hinata's story that is more sympathetic. To be honest, that's where Kishi's fault. If he had written a better background for her, none of this Hinata glorification would've happened in the first place. In fact, I'd dare say he destroyed Sakura's role as the main female character right then & there once he brought in Hinata's story.

Edited by Codus N, 18 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

248793.jpg

#20 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 18 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason Sakura don't have flashbacks about her background is because there is no noticeble content. She is as normal as an character can get. She have parents, she have an normal childhood, good and bad moments, and... that's it. Kishimoto don't give much emphasy to an character unless they have an sad or tragic background.

Yeah it's also the biggest mistake he made in my opinion, by giving Sakura a normal upbringing with some bullying thrown in, Kishi pretty much limited what he could do with her charactor, everyone else has a history to fall back on some deep past that Kishi could exploit to further their charactor development, with Sakura, it's unfortunitely very superficial and based on real life problems faced by children today, being teased for your appereance, having a crush on someone who doesn't feel the same way, these are all things that could have her relate to the readers but doesn't help her relate to the rest of the Naarutoverse charactors.

I liked this chapter, was worried that what we saw was it for the flashback, and as much as I don't really care for flashbacks generally, Kabuto's past has always bothered me, it didn't add up. Now we are getting a clear picture of what happened, now next week we'll hopefully find out about Sasori and the flashback will end.

One thing is certain, the Third Hokage was a complete idiot for ot cutting the Root early, or even allowing it to begin in the first place. So far we have Pain who wanted to destroy Konoha because of Danzou, we have Sasuke who wants to destroy Konoha because of Danzou ordering his brother to destroy his clan and now we have Kabuto who wants to destroy Konoha because Danzou ordered his mother into a mission where it looks like she really did lose her mind and forget where her loyalties lied.

Ofcourse we had Orichimaru who wanted to destroy the village as well and that only happened because the third was like with Danzou too soft and allowed him to get away. I'm really starting to wonder if the third ever really achieved anything in his time as a Hokage,

Edited by harry4e, 18 April 2012 - 02:27 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users