78 replies to this topic

#61 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 19 2012, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I can't decide if this chapter was meant to drop hints that it's Obito or be a red herring for everyone who already believes it is.

If it is, then I smell a flashback and redemption for Tobi. Unfortunately it's entirely too convenient that Kakashi's there. Because this fight could go down like the Kabuto one, where Naruto doesn't have to sully his hands. And if Tobi isn't interested in resurrecting a completed Juubi, then Naruto's dodged another bullet of having the kyuubi removed. So Tobi could cleanly be dealt with by Kakashi with no adverse plot effects.

Tell me again, what was the purpose of Tobi luring Naruto into battle if he could have already gotten what he needed from the Golden Twins?

All of those things make it very convenient to do away with Tobi (having Naruto's kyuubi chakra without actually having to disable Naruto, and having the hint of Tobi's making being tied to Kakashi somehow) without actually having to have Naruto do it, or have a reason to do it. Tobi's not actually going after Naruto anymore and Kakashi has the most reason to defeat/redeem Tobi if he's really Obito.

Well, I'm sure Tobi originally wanted to get Kyuubi and whatnot, but he's obviously having difficulties doing so, added onto that, Kabuto failed and he doesn't really have his jinchuuriki trump cards anymore. As most desperate villains do, he took a shortcut and worked with what he had. That's what I believe anyway.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#62 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 19 2012, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. I can't decide if this chapter was meant to drop hints that it's Obito or be a red herring for everyone who already believes it is.

If it is, then I smell a flashback and redemption for Tobi. Unfortunately it's entirely too convenient that Kakashi's there. Because this fight could go down like the Kabuto one, where Naruto doesn't have to sully his hands. And if Tobi isn't interested in resurrecting a completed Juubi, then Naruto's dodged another bullet of having the kyuubi removed. So Tobi could cleanly be dealt with by Kakashi with no adverse plot effects.

Tell me again, what was the purpose of Tobi luring Naruto into battle if he could have already gotten what he needed from the Golden Twins?

All of those things make it very convenient to do away with Tobi (having Naruto's kyuubi chakra without actually having to disable Naruto, and having the hint of Tobi's making being tied to Kakashi somehow) without actually having to have Naruto do it, or have a reason to do it. Tobi's not actually going after Naruto anymore and Kakashi has the most reason to defeat/redeem Tobi if he's really Obito.

It does beg the question.....

This resurrected Juubi is clearly inferior to a complete one. Tobi admits that, but it does feel like he went through extra effort he didn't have to. As for the war itself, it was Kabuto who resurrected the Golden Twins. It's clear as mud though as to when Tobi figured that out, but it is curious as to why he waited until now to do this. Why wait once you have the Twins?

I suppose it could be because he feared Naruto being somehow being able to undo it, but that concern would still stand if he is doing it now.

I think Kakashi will probably be a explanatory tool (and an assistant character at best) and even it is Obito it won't truly be Obito. What would be the motivation if it's purely Obito? I have a hard time with that. But at the same time you are right, it would make the most sense for Kakashi to do as it would suddenly become a very personal fight for him and more generic for Naruto. And this is true even it's only sort of Obito because then Tobi stole his body or Madara did....or somebody warped him. Or whatever.

Yeah, so there are issues if it is him. Wouldn't be surprised, but I'm just not convinced.

#63 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jul 19 2012, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're big and strong enough, swallowing an ocean is probably like taking a sip of water.

Also, I believe Tobi will end up underestimating the Juubi honestly.

As for the Tobito theory, he's the same age as Kakashi. We first saw Tobi in the past when he attacked Minato. Not sure how old Kakashi was then, but he was way older than 7-8.

I smell final villain. biggrin.gif

Tobi is taking a desperate sloppy move, that will lead to his undoing. He has no idea at what kind of power he is messing with here.

Edited by Strangelove, 19 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#64 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 19 2012, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smell final villain. biggrin.gif

Tobi is taking a desperate sloppy move, that will lead to his undoing. He has no idea at what kind of power he is messing with here.

Oooh no. If Kishi wastes Tobi by having the Juubi beat him, like he wasted Kabuto, that will be the last straw.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#65 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ahh... finally back on tracks with the real action. biggrin.gif Can't wait to see revival of Bijuu and of course, one on one fight between Tobi and Naruto.

#66 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Jul 18 2012, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does everybody think Tobi is Obito? In Itachi's flashback to Sasuke, Tobi was much too old to be Obito. Tobi looked to be at least 30, while Obito was only 7-8.

I think Kakashi was around 22 when the Uchiha massacre happen, he was 14 when the Kyuubi attacked Konoha.

#67 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Jul 19 2012, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Kakashi was around 22 when the Uchiha massacre happen, he was 14 when the Kyuubi attacked Konoha.

Well, Kakashi and the other Jonin were 15 when the Kyuubi attacked and Obito had been dead for 2 years by then. So its very possible for Tobi to be Obito. Also, when Minato looked at Tobi, the first thing he basically said was, "No way, you can't be him. He's dead."

Edited by kidNinja, 20 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#68 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Jul 20 2012, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Kakashi and the other Jonin were 15 when the Kyuubi attacked and Obito had been dead for 2 years by then. So its very possible for Tobi to be Obito. Also, when Minato looked at Tobi, the first thing he basically said was, "No way, you can't be him. He's dead."

But Minato said that after suspecting Tobi to be Madara.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#69 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Well, if you have been watching...it seems that Tobi's body is not a fresh body...for example in its battle with Konan it lost an arm...yet he was able to attach an arm again. I wonder if it is Obito's corpse, but someone else soul. Or like Nagato, he has been doing some grave robbing.

Edited by Strangelove, 20 July 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#70 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 20 2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if you have been watching...it seems that Tobi's body is not a fresh body...for example in its battle with Konan it lost an arm...yet he was able to attach an arm again. I wonder if it is Obito's corpse, but someone else soul. Or like Nagato, he has been doing some grave robbing.

I agree that Tobi may not be anyone alive. BUT, attaching an arm doesn't prove anything. Deidara did that, didn't he? And considering Tobi has enough skills to transplant an eye, he could probably grow another arm.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#71 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 20 2012, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that Tobi may not be anyone alive. BUT, attaching an arm doesn't prove anything. Deidara did that, didn't he? And considering Tobi has enough skills to transplant an eye, he could probably grow another arm.

Now I see it clear Tobi is Piccolo from DB, how I couldn't see that, the man grow a new harm more than one times in the manga.

Sorry but I couldn't resist. biggrin.gif

#72 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 20 2012, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought Deidara got an arm from Sasori. ._.

I think Tobi has two identities. 1. Zetsu, 2. Izuna, Kagami or something.. ÔO

But I think Tobi lost an arm when fighting Minato too, it looked like he was part Zetsu - as clay fell of his body. And Zetsu is always with him, he's the only Akatsuki that has not been identified, apart from Tobi.

Edited by sushi., 20 July 2012 - 10:04 PM.

ナルサク

#73 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Also I think there is something weird that happens every time he is injured. In the wiki it says there is a white substance [no pun intended...seriously if you go after this pun you are out of your mind] that flows from the location of the injury. It is quite possible that Tobi is a puppet, and there is a puppet master behind it all. The person who Sasuke and Orochimaru are going to meet may know who that is, or may be the puppet master itself.

I am just speculating xD

#74 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've found this theory on 2ch of who is ttobi what do u guys think?

Tobi is the real Zetsu. A clone created from Madara using the power of Mokuten that he stole from the First after their battle who was implanted with the Rinnegan before Madara's death. That's how they always know where to find each other, why Tobi has white blood and can regenerate or replace his limbs with others, and calls himself a "nobody" as he's just a homunculus for Madara. He posed as Kagami Uchiha under the Second Hokage's team in the past which is how he knows the people of Konoha so well, can use space-time jutsu to warp around which the Second invented, and goes by "Tobi" after Tobimaru Senju.

Additionally, he, like Madara has the power to see into the future. That's Madara's special time-related ability (and why he knew Nagato and who he was) just like Kakashi's kamui, Itachi's ability to suspend time indefinitely inside his opponents mind, and Shisui's ability to distort time like Izanagi and perform jutsu's with no discernible beginning. This is why Tobi's able to perform an "infinite Izanagi" for an up to 5 minute threshold. The technique works like Izanami creating points that are rewritten at the will of the user. His eyes create a mirage into of the future in which he distorts his body every time he gets hit by something, except for the time the Fourth Hokage got him with the Flying Thunder God technique (since it's fast as light itself).That is Tobi's secret.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#75 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jul 23 2012, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Additionally, he, like Madara has the power to see into the future.

Must resist TFS Joke.

Edited by Strangelove, 22 July 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#76 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jul 19 2012, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This resurrected Juubi is clearly inferior to a complete one. Tobi admits that, but it does feel like he went through extra effort he didn't have to. As for the war itself, it was Kabuto who resurrected the Golden Twins. It's clear as mud though as to when Tobi figured that out, but it is curious as to why he waited until now to do this. Why wait once you have the Twins?

He probably felt (over)confident that the Six Paths of Tobi could capture both Bee and Naruto, in which case the resurrected Juubi would be considerably stronger. Once Tobi saw his pawns disintegrate, he switched to Plan B. So in his mind, it wouldn't have been extra effort.

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 20 2012, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tobi didn't seem that concerned when he pulled off his infected arm and kicked it at Torune and Fu. (At least he got another one. Maybe the Raikage should ask him for advice.)

#77 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jul 23 2012, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He probably felt (over)confident that the Six Paths of Tobi could capture both Bee and Naruto, in which case the resurrected Juubi would be considerably stronger. Once Tobi saw his pawns disintegrate, he switched to Plan B. So in his mind, it wouldn't have been extra effort.

Tobi didn't seem that concerned when he pulled off his infected arm and kicked it at Torune and Fu. (At least he got another one. Maybe the Raikage should ask him for advice.)

because he failed to capture both nine-tails and the eight-tails he thought he could win the fight with that edo-tenseis, but he failed so he had to do a all-in move.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#78 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 22 2012, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must resist TFS Joke.

Congratulations. You've won the internet.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#79 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 22 2012, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must resist TFS Joke.

My gofundme