#21 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

The chapter was ok, kind of revealed why Kabuto turned against the leaf even though they saved his life whan he was still an infant.

Actually looking forward towards this new technique (what does it do?), but the chapters could use some Naruto or Sakura instead of the Uchiha brother bonding we've gotten for the last few chapters.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#22 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Not a bad chapter. Though I still think Sasuke's making excuses by saying he wishes to crush the Hidden Leaf for himself. It's obvious to me that he's still doing it just because of what happened to Itachi. I also get this feeling Izanami may cause blindness like Izanagi did. I guess we'll wait and see. But I want to see the rest of the action going on personally.

#23 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

i noticed something in this chapter but i'm not sure about it very much and it's that sasuke has a high possibility that in the end he would return to the village biggrin.gif cause sasuke if he would let pass what the people of the village has done ti his brother despite they don't know the reason or something that would change his idea of destroying the village. i'm sure there will be a discussion for it from, i think, itachi naruto maybe or someone we don't expect

Edited by T XD, 04 April 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#24 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Apr 4 2012, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Idk why everyones bashing the chapter. --Click here to view--
I actually really liked it. Plus that cover is really cute 8D Good to see Sakura, again. Plus, i'm SO happy that Sasuke still wants to crush the leaf! smile.gif Glad he's not changed.

Probably because nothing really happened. But it looks like they're going all out next chapter so its all good. And I think they'll focus back on Naruto and the Kages next chapter too.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#25 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 4 2012, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably because nothing really happened. But it looks like they're going all out next chapter so its all good. And I think they'll focus back on Naruto and the Kages next chapter too.

i think naruto will be much in a more later chapters. he would focus on the kages after 2 or 3 chapters or so

Edited by T XD, 04 April 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#26 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just remembered something about this chapter.

It never ceases to amaze me how much is planned out for Sasuke, even from the beginning. His whole life has been contrived, and he is just a paper doll going through the steps laid out for him. Starting with Itachi. I was thinking of it with the Izanami.

It's very blatant with Sasuke. He is very much the Uchiha's chosen one. It's somewhat planned out for Naruto, but the whole point of Part 1 was that it wasn't. He truly is the chosen one, yet the treated him and allowed him to be treated like trash. Even the common orphans like Sai and Kabuto — who were not the child of their precious Yondaime — were treated better.

I like that Kabuto is manipulative here. It's fitting and believable within the plot.

However, I'm still not sure about what the point of reviewing Sasuke's reasons for pursuing Konoha was.... We know he's after revenge, and we know he's out to avenge Itachi's death on orders of Danzou, et. al.

Kabuto's reasons for wanting to wipe out all of Leaf makes better sense because he was never from there in the first place. But for Sasuke, wanting to punish all of Leaf because of Itachi's suffering just doesn't make sense. He should want to punish the ones who committed the crime, not the others who had nothing to do with it. Punish the parent's generation, not his own peers. Peers who have openly said they have nothing but support of him.

It's nice to see that Sasuke hasn't given up on his goal of revenge, but reviewing it again creates more questions than answers.

And again, I'm really hoping that some event happens to cement Sasuke's choice. Itachi or Kabuto. A path to peace or ultimate revenge. I hope it doesn't just go out with a whimper, where Sasuke says "Thanks for stopping by bro, but I'm sticking with my revenge, even tho it no longer makes sense." ...or something like that! laugh.gif

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 4 2012, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just remembered something about this chapter.

It never ceases to amaze me how much is planned out for Sasuke, even from the beginning. His whole life has been contrived, and he is just a paper doll going through the steps laid out for him. Starting with Itachi. I was thinking of it with the Izanami.

It's very blatant with Sasuke. He is very much the Uchiha's chosen one. It's somewhat planned out for Naruto, but the whole point of Part 1 was that it wasn't. He truly is the chosen one, yet the treated him and allowed him to be treated like trash. Even the common orphans like Sai and Kabuto — who were not the child of their precious Yondaime — were treated better.

I like that Kabuto is manipulative here. It's fitting and believable within the plot.

However, I'm still not sure about what the point of reviewing Sasuke's reasons for pursuing Konoha was.... We know he's after revenge, and we know he's out to avenge Itachi's death on orders of Danzou, et. al.

Kabuto's reasons for wanting to wipe out all of Leaf makes better sense because he was never from there in the first place. But for Sasuke, wanting to punish all of Leaf because of Itachi's suffering just doesn't make sense. He should want to punish the ones who committed the crime, not the others who had nothing to do with it. Punish the parent's generation, not his own peers. Peers who have openly said they have nothing but support of him.

It's nice to see that Sasuke hasn't given up on his goal of revenge, but reviewing it again creates more questions than answers.

And again, I'm really hoping that some event happens to cement Sasuke's choice. Itachi or Kabuto. A path to peace or ultimate revenge. I hope it doesn't just go out with a whimper, where Sasuke says "Thanks for stopping by bro, but I'm sticking with my revenge, even tho it no longer makes sense." ...or something like that! laugh.gif

But remember the only ones who knew the truth of the massacre and the Uchiha clan's intentions were the elders (Koharu, Homura, Danzo and the third Hokage) the rest of the ninja population and the villagers we're kept in the dark so Sasuke should only focus on the remaining elders not the entire village.

Edited by Derock, 04 April 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Too much love for the Uchihas --Click here to view--
I wonder if it has anything to do with Kishi changing Editors because he keep making up things then ignore what he said in the past.
Tobi clearly explained Konan how to obtain-achieve Izanagi.
Now Itashi will make the relative power use just like that.
If Itachi did tell Kabuto that it was a great mistake he make by experimenting on his body, now for that mistake will pay a high price, That will make a lot more sense.

But not Kishi needs to make Itachi, a perfect, flawless, untouchable, invincible, immortal, Sannin beater, God slayer, character!!!

If he always find a way to give the Uchihas a power up why don't make there pawor a little more balance so that he could give the future generation K-11 a spot to shine, when he first started this manga it was not about Senju and Uchiha it was more Balance, now I see why he like DB that much, he made Sasuke and Naruto so strong that it will be a joke to see them fight againg anyone that's not Madara, Kabuto, Tobi or all five Kage.

Example

random enemy fight Naruto or one off the Rookie fight with Sasuke they will not give them a run for there money because they will kill them with no sweat...
Remember Dragon Ball
Goku vs Krillin Dragon Ball = epic fight
Goku vs Krillin D Ball Z, D BallGT = a joke
Kishi story is the same
Sasuke vs Neji or Lee part one = epic fight
Sasuke vs Neji or Lee part two = How will Neji or Lee die

Another copy off Dragon Ball power up

Seriously Kishi where is the love for the other character, why you only give love to the Uchihas.

#29 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 4 2012, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seen the Jump cover? It's very cute and has Naruto and Sakura on it (and Kakashi and Sai)

http://naruto.anifre...nga/naruto/581/

Anyone else noticed how the japanese letters in the Cover page are a fusion of pink and orange. Remind me again which characters represent those colors, it escapes me... hmm biggrin.gif

Edited by redragon88, 04 April 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else noticed how the japanese letters in the Cover page are a fusion of pink and orange. Remind me again which characters represent those colors, it escapes me... hmm biggrin.gif

Yep that's a subliminal hint right there. Japan has known for years which is the main canon pairing. smile.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 04 April 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was okay with the chapter. I did feel a little better that Sasuke still wants to destroy Konoha. I was afraid he was going to turn over a new leaf (see what I did there?) if his brother even said one positive thing to him. I do like Itachi more and more though. He seems to be the Anti-hero of the story. Interesting thing is, he doesn't preach his own ideas because he knows he is in no position to preach them. He merely shuts up and watches letting people choose what they want.

I am not upset about one more power with the Sharingan. Chances are Sasuke never learned of it, as he hadn't of the other, and probably comes with a high price that is too risky for Sasuke to risk. So we got a new power that cannot be used by Sasuke. That's okay to me. So to me, it's not that the Sharingan gets all these powers that pisses me off, but more like "What can Sasuke learn that he doesn't need to train for?"

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh it's most definitely Hinata. I mean, look at all the black outlines. That totally represents Hinata's hair color which is black. Anyone who thinks differently must not be reading the same manga.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 April 2012 - 06:39 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Love the chapter, and again, enjoying the two brother's interaction / bond. And conversely, I sort of feel Sasuke's anger/hurt when he hears about the Konoha shinobi's bad opinion of Itachi (in the flashback).

And I, too, was expecting about the Izanagi counterpart, Izanami to prop up (I'm very interested in the way Kishi uses mythology in this story).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying these chapters with the 2 Uchihas !

#33 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 4 2012, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohm it's most definitely Hinata. I mean, look at all the black outlines. That totally represents Hinata hair color which is black. Anyone who thinks differently must not be reading the same manga.

Ladies and gentlemen, the comment of the day right there. 111189.gif

#34 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 4 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohm it's most definitely Hinata. I mean, look at all the black outlines. That totally represents Hinata hair color which is black. Anyone who thinks differently must not be reading the same manga.

I think you're onto something there, Jim. laugh.gif

I'm not surprised about Izanami either, I was expecting it to come up eventually after Izanagi was revealed. And considering it's the apparent counterpart to Izanagi, then it also carries the same risk, (trying to do a yin-yang tech with no yang will do that) so that balances it out. Afterall, the concluding text at the end did say it was a 'kinjutsu' i.e forbidden. Fact remains though, if Itachi DOES suceed in placing Kabuto in an illusion and makes him dispel Edo Tensei, he [Itachi] is still going to fade away as well. Makes me wonder if Sasuke will stop him from going through with it right at the last minute, because he must've realised this by now?

If I was to guess as to when this flashback took place, I'd say it was somewhere in the time between Tobi giving Sasuke his version of the truth, and the scene when Sasuke renames his team Taka and vows to destroy Konoha, awakening his MS. There is an unknown timeskip between those two scenes that we can't account for, and It would tie in with him listening to those konoha nin talk so negatively of Itachi, and then have him remember Itachi's last words as he looked on into the setting sun. This flashback most likely happened on the same day Sasuke made his vow.

I'd give it at least another 2-3 chapters before we move on from this battle.

BTW, yeah I'm still here guys, just in case any of you thought I was dead, or jumped ship (in that order) biggrin.gif

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#35 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

I must say, things are getting rather interesting, what with both Kabuto and Itachi trying to persuade Sasuke to come to their respective side. Poor Sasuke. No wonder he's turned out like this. As others have already mentioned, his whole life has been marked by lies and deceit.

That's also why I am a little bit relieved to see that Sasuke still wishes to destoy Konoha. It's almost like Itachi's speech about how he basically f**cked up and therefore have no right to criticize Sasuke's action have somehow finally made him make a conscious choice without being manipulated in some way.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#36 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Just read the chapter on MangaHere (because MangaReader wasn't showing any of the pages). I liked it. Two very interesting flashbacks. Also, I knew that Kabuto was going to pull something like this. Kabuto sympathizes with Sasuke and has since the Chuunin exams; it looks like he still does. It makes sense that Kabuto would try to get Sasuke on his side.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#37 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

I liked this chapter too! I like that Itachi says "he's a bigger liar than I am" because that is a clever way of explaning inconsistencies in Kabuto's story while maintaining this mystery. I too want to know the "truth" here. Some people are saying "not much happened" but I think it did. Much talk happened, and in my opinion meaningful talk too, but not a lot of action. It may be because I'm not so big an action person--or my taste for action isn't what we usually see. I like my action to be fast, almost like a really well-timed dance, and animated. Like Minato vs Tobi--oh Minato (fangirl moment). I'm not usually too interested in the fight scenes otherwise, but I do like it when information and character development happen! This isn't so much a development for Sasuke, but rather an answer to our question--where does he stand now? Kabuto called out on the unusual circumstance between Itachi and Sasuke, and Sasuke did provide his answer: he wants to hear the story from Itachi, and he still wants to crush the leaf. It's interesting, because Itachi does feel he is still a member of the leaf. It reminds me of the sacrifice Minato made, his own son and himself, because they are "shinobi". Itachi must have felt this way toward his own dishonor, his family's sacrifice, and the burden placed on Sasuke. I know his is more extreme and I don't say it is right at all, but it reminds me of that.

The development was more in Kabuto's favour, since he hear something about his background, but I don't believe that he is telling the entire truth, he's being manipulative. He doesn't want Sasuke like a younger brother... He's just trying to get him on his side, and it was clever logic as to why too. Overall, I really liked this chapter, especially compared to the last.

And dat cover art! <3

#38 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Um,yeah" (or something to that effect) --Click here to view--
Kabuto sure is doing a lot of talking in this chapter. And is that a strange translation, or has he developed a speech quirk? I've never really read the manga before until right before the war, so I don't know if it's just an annoying translation, "Um, yeah" What are you, Deidara? I like how he tried to explain his life story and Sasuke didn't care. GG.

Edited by Rainy Daze, 04 April 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#39 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

That's it. Sasuke will return to the village after the wars lol: *goes crying off into the corner*

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 04 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#40 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 4 2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MangaHere.com is working.

THANK YOU!! your a lifesaver! whatthekitten.gif

and, I thought it was a good chapter, just very talk heavy.. a_dance.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i