#81 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 6 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even as the flu wanes, the first non-Mexican casualty has occurred. A Texan woman is reported to have officially died from the flu.

She was so young too sleep.gif

It doesn't actually say she died from swine flu, and honestly I am rather skeptical that the swine flu is deadly to those of perfectly good health and a young body. Of course it did mention she had previous medical issues before and naturally anyone suffering from any flu would have trouble then. I think we also have to take into account that people want to blow this whole thing up for high publicity and get people panicking, as the article said they were reluctant to comment on her previous bad health, so anyone who dies and technically had swine flu before is going to be an advantage for the press.

Though people have died in Mexico so I could be wrong.

#82 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 6 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even as the flu wanes, the first non-Mexican casualty has occurred. A Texan woman is reported to have officially died from the flu.

She was so young too sleep.gif

It doesn't actually say she died from swine flu, and honestly I am rather skeptical that the swine flu is deadly to those of perfectly good health and a young body. I think she had other health issue as well that led to her death.

#83 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ May 13 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't actually say she died from swine flu, and honestly I am rather skeptical that the swine flu is deadly to those of perfectly good health and a young body. I think she had other health issue as well that led to her death.

Perhaps read through the article next time.

"Trunnell was first seen by a physician April 14. Doctors knew she had flu but did not know what kind, Lopez said. The area is undergoing a Type A influenza epidemic and swine flu is one variety of that, he said. She was confirmed to have swine flu shortly before she died, he said."

A flu can kill even the healthy. Even if you're perfectly healthy, catching a flu lowers the immune system, allowing other sicknesses in.

And she was recently pregnant... that lowers the immune system somewhat as well.

Edited by Cloud, 13 May 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#84 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 13 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps read through the article next time.

"Trunnell was first seen by a physician April 14. Doctors knew she had flu but did not know what kind, Lopez said. The area is undergoing a Type A influenza epidemic and swine flu is one variety of that, he said. She was confirmed to have swine flu shortly before she died, he said."

A flu can kill even the healthy. Even if you're perfectly healthy, catching a flu lowers the immune system, allowing other sicknesses in.

And she was recently pregnant... that lowers the immune system somewhat as well.

Oh OK that for that info, I did read threw the article but my eyes site is not that good at spotting things like that and thank you for pointing that out to me.

#85 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

Now, NYC is now on lockdown the Middle/High schools across their boroughs because the Swine Flu virus has struck again... Its all over the news now, over 4000 children do not have school until the end of Memorial Day Weekend... and now I heared that one school in New Jersey is locking down as well...

This is getting ridiculous, if people learn to cover their mouths when coughing if they have the virus, then the kids wouldn't be sick or be near death.. sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#86 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

well I heard on the news this morning that there is 3 suspected cases of swine flu in Corning, Ny. seems to be traveling up interstate 86 from NYC.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#87 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:44 AM

gosh. there's A(H1N1) flu in 40 countries already. and about 10,000 are infected

#88 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:11 AM

Quite a few cases in Japan, it's so severe that companies are now limiting travel.

Hope back home, people are keeping clean. (I grew up in a dirty part of my country) XD

#89 jacm

jacm

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:44 AM

and now there's one case of A(H1N1) here in my country. she's 10 yrs. old

A(H1N1) is now a global pandemic. mellow.gif 111193.gif

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 04 July 2009 - 11:28 PM.

#90 AsianGal2

AsianGal2

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:spend some quality time wit da family, hang out wit friends,sketch anime/manga,dance routine,snow-sled,surfing,swimming, wateva is fun, i'll do it...

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

ugh..I don't want to catch it..I'm gonna keep sanitizing my hands every minute

#91 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Philippine news had 71 confirmed cases and almost all of them got better, headscratch.gif

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 June 2009 - 04:58 AM.

#92 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

LOL, 'Ron Weasley' gets swine flu :cookie:

http://news.yahoo.co..._20090704174311

#93 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 4 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, 'Ron Weasley' gets swine flu :cookie:

http://news.yahoo.co..._20090704174311

And I thought Weasley knew magic. :cookie:

Shield Charm didn't work? :teehee:

#94 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 4 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I thought Weasley knew magic. :cookie:

Shield Charm didn't work? :teehee:

Oh that funny I like and man I am hoping that he's feels better soon thought.

#95 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

They found some new info on it:

http://health.yahoo...._flu_clots.html

#96 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:56 AM

A classmate of mine was down with swine flu, and I think he was feeling better a few days ago. But he's back at home resting now. The symptoms probably caught up again.

#97 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 15 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A classmate of mine was down with swine flu, and I think he was feeling better a few days ago. But he's back at home resting now. The symptoms probably caught up again.

Dude, hope you don't catch it.

#98 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 15 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, hope you don't catch it.

I have a minor cold myself. But he's been away from school for a few days now, so its highly unlikely. Plus I use hand sanitizer whenever I can.

#99 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 15 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a minor cold myself. But he's been away from school for a few days now, so its highly unlikely. Plus I use hand sanitizer whenever I can.

Stay healthy! th_glomp.gif

#100 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Its flu season, drink plenty of vitamin C, and always wash your hands kay :3

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users