151 replies to this topic

#21 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I guess some people are just unable to ignore things that make them angry and stop themselves from getting more involved. I personally find it very easy.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#22 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

The thing is that the other pairing fans especially NH and SS fans, since they're the ones who come here so far, should know that there are counter arguments awaiting for them, and they have to be too not giving arguments that has some trolling meaning to it cause I've been seeing these posts of them and they either, surprisingly, expecting that there won't be counter arguments and/or giving away some trolling now because this chapter is for them a great chance to do so.
But, we should be debating with them and be friendly as long as they don't cross the line, and when they do cross the line, reporting is the best way to deal with them. It's just as easy as that.

Edited by T XD, 31 December 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 31 2012, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would make sense if i were banned but not.

Laugh, dang it.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure that everyone here is aware of recent controversy involving the late
Yes it is, i have problems against NH and SS fans here, did you not read the H&E debate thread?
A girl comes and say that she ships SS because she likes it and recognize that SS is abusive and etc, so why she wants to debate about SS on a Naruto fansite.
I'm not again debates about Harry potter pairings, or whatever.

But seriously is it your desire for this place become another Naruto general forum?
Because i see like it, i'm not going to sound like a fantard or super biased but what's the purpose of debating NH/SS/NS here? on a Narusaku fanclub, i'm not going on a NH fanclub to say "NS is the best gg", i had heachaches friday, of debating here i never had headchaches, i had to go lurk another forums and re-read the chapter and seek other NS fans to talk about the chapter because for the first time it didnt seemed like a fanclub to me, because in the middle of all the NS post there were a lot of trolls posting "NH is canon"(x30).

It does not make any sense.
Some people even created new accs just to say "NH is canon" and leave.

This is a fanclub, if NH and SS are welcome to start stupid debates so change the name to Naruto Forums, because seriously just look at the debate thread that was ridiculous, there was a SS fan passing shame contradicting himself(30X),insulting, doing fallacies and generalizations, he even used ad hominem on me, and still didnt give up and change subject(dozen of times) etc...
No one here is going to force another person to accept your pairing.

There are even boards that is made just to discuss pairing unrelated to Narusaku and even a gaming board.
There are so many places to debate with SS/NH i just feel that this is not the place for it, i dont want to change this place because it's not mine but i didnt like what happened not about the manga but about what happened here.
The worse is there's no option to hide threads or user's posts and you guys wont implement it.

This is not just another Naruto fan forum. For one thing, when I came here 7 years ago, following a link by a NaruSaku fanfic author, I thought it to be an awesome and respective website. Back then, I was very new to the Internet, and when I branched into other Naruto sites, I found a lot of members to be very abrasive and insulting towards NaruSaku fans and each other. However, this is not the case for Heaven and Earth.

Mods and Admins (well, Smiter was the only Admin back then, I think), have ALWAYS encouraged fairness and respect towards other pairing fans that have come here to debate or just hang out. There are NH/SS fans that are friendly towards NS fans and vice versa. Putting a deliberate 'ignore' button means disrespecting their opinion, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable it is, and that means we're stooping so low.

I miss those days, everyone was pretty calm towards each other, no one lashed out too much. Well, there were a few things, but I don't remember them being the result of the shipping wars.

Greed is right, ignore them and scroll down. Like me, I skim through most posts and I don't feel like they're hard to ignore. Besides, this isn't JUST a NaruSaku fanclub, we discuss about games, movies, books, and other things not even related to Naruto fandom. This has become a place where people can gather and talk about things they like, especially because most don't try to persecute people for having conflicting beliefs.

#25 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is not just another Naruto fan forum. For one thing, when I came here 7 years ago, following a link by a NaruSaku fanfic author, I thought it to be an awesome and respective website. Back then, I was very new to the Internet, and when I branched into other Naruto sites, I found a lot of members to be very abrasive and insulting towards NaruSaku fans and each other. However, this is not the case for Heaven and Earth.

Mods and Admins (well, Smiter was the only Admin back then, I think), have ALWAYS encouraged fairness and respect towards other pairing fans that have come here to debate or just hang out. There are NH/SS fans that are friendly towards NS fans and vice versa. Putting a deliberate 'ignore' button means disrespecting their opinion, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable it is, and that means we're stooping so low.

I miss those days, everyone was pretty calm towards each other, no one lashed out too much. Well, there were a few things, but I don't remember them being the result of the shipping wars.

Greed is right, ignore them and scroll down. Like me, I skim through most posts and I don't feel like they're hard to ignore. Besides, this isn't JUST a NaruSaku fanclub, we discuss about games, movies, books, and other things not even related to Naruto fandom. This has become a place where people can gather and talk about things they like, especially because most don't try to persecute people for having conflicting beliefs.

I don't think we should ignore people because they like another pairing. That is disrespectful. That button is probably made for people that generally offend others, but I would never click the "ignore" button. I am sure most people are perfectly capable of ignoring trolls/negative comments without that button. Besides, even rude people have good things to say, just in a..rude way lol XD

And about the last part, I agree. Completely.

Edited by sushi., 31 December 2012 - 02:49 PM.

ナルサク

#26 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

What's the difference between criticism and bashing? I, and a few others, sometimes feel like this forum forgets the difference and considers criticism to be the same as bashing.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the difference between criticism and bashing? I, and a few others, sometimes feel like this forum forgets the difference and considers criticism to be the same as bashing.

Tone? I dunno. Some 'criticism' I've heard has always has this negative tone about it when I read that I classify as potential bashing. Usually, I just stick with my adage of 'If I've got nothing nice to say, I don't say anything at all.' Also, I just let the mods and admins deal with it. If I see something as bashing, I ask one of them, PRIVATELY, to check it out and see if it is.

I haven't done so in awhile, because I just skim through most posts in the chapter threads nowadays unless something piques my attention.

That's why I adopt a 'wait and see' approach. Sure, if I see an overwhelming amount of canon evidence that something is heading a certain way, but it's not canon until the author includes it in the material. That way, I don't feel 'betrayed' by the author if something I thought is gonna happen, doesn't happen.

Ah, the lessons that the Harry Potter series taught me.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 31 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#28 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How's that ? There's a difference between criticism and bashing, and anyone could distinguish between them.
Criticism means disapproving something based on faults. Bashing means verbal or physical assault and violently.

Edited by T XD, 31 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#29 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Dec 31 2012, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's that ? There's a difference between criticism and bashing, and anyone could distinguish between them.
Criticism means disapproving something based on faults. Bashing means verbal or physical assault and violently.

Sometimes, people can hide bashing under the vein of criticism and it's not as easy to catch the first time around. Also, sometimes people don't take it well if their favorite thing gets criticized and take it as bashing. So, sometimes it toes the line between the two.

#30 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

[:

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 31 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#31 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Dec 31 2012, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust me, it happens more often than you think. Some good friends of mine left this site for that very reason.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tone?

That's a problem for a text based website. Hard to determine tone at times.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#32 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've been known to call out stupidity. Sorry if I'm not the perfect angel you want me to be. I'll try to be better so I can win everyones approval of me.

#33 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a problem for a text based website. Hard to determine tone at times.

Yeah, but I look for certain words that may determine tone at times. Other times, it's just because I'm in a bad mood, so everything sounds insulting or negative. a_thumbs.gif

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 31 2012, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but I look for certain words that may determine tone at times. Other times, it's just because I'm in a bad mood, so everything sounds insulting or negative. a_thumbs.gif

We all have those days eventually.

Also remember kids, don't drink and reply on forums. I did that once and I am still banned. That was 6 years ago.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

"You can say you hate monarchy, but don't hate the king"

Dunno who made that quote, but attack the argument, not the person.

ナルサク

#36 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 31 2012, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if the king is corrupt? People who have power, tend to abuse power.

The RedvsBlue Forums have a bad habit with this one. Just because you're friends with the mods means you get away with everything and basically can get anyone banned even when they do nothing just because they piss you off. Glad that doesn't happen here.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#37 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if the king is corrupt? People who have power, tend to abuse power.

The RedvsBlue Forums have a bad habit with this one. Just because you're friends with the mods means you get away with everything and basically can get anyone banned even when they do nothing just because they piss you off. Glad that doesn't happen here.

Then tell those who are in charge of keeping things in order, because it's not up to you. And you don't have the power to stop them. (this feels like a superhero thread lol laugh.gif )

ナルサク

#38 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all have those days eventually.

Also remember kids, don't drink and reply on forums. I did that once and I am still banned. That was 6 years ago.

There must have been some hell of a post/s laugh.gif

#39 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 31 2012, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So instead of calling the person stupid, call their argument stupid? What's the difference? They are giving the argument so calling it stupid is pretty much calling them stupid for thinking of such a stupid argument, no?

#40 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Dec 31 2012, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There must have been some hell of a post/s laugh.gif

Oh you have no idea. If you're curious I'll send you a message of what I did.

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 31 2012, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So instead of calling the person stupid, call their argument stupid? What's the difference? They are giving the argument so calling it stupid is pretty much calling them stupid for thinking of such a stupid argument, no?

That why I ask what is the difference between Criticism and Bashing. Hard to tell the difference when some see it as the same thing. I don't envy the mods/admins. It is a much harder job than it looks when you try to be fair and balanced. So far, I got no complaints.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users