• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:23 AM

You know I remember that someone on this forum called that Kishimoto was going to sell out. (Or maybe it wasn't here, I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading a post about the possibility of Kishimoto selling out.) I had so much faith in him and was 95.5% sure he wasn't going to sell out. And then 2 years later, he sells out. :no: Funny huh? So I'm wondering, who (else) had faith in Kishimoto and who thought he'd sell out?  

Edited by NarutoxSakuraFan4Life, 08 November 2015 - 05:25 AM.

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:29 AM

Honestly I dont think he sold out, i just think he gave up. Somewhere along the line he lost faith in his story or just lost faith in himself as a mangaka and threw in the towel. He let the studio and the company drive his story and we ended up with the atrocity we got.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

Same as @catsi563. I don't think he sold out. Just gave up and stopped caring.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#4 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:39 AM

Honestly I dont think he sold out, i just think he gave up. Somewhere along the line he lost faith in his story or just lost faith in himself as a mangaka and threw in the towel. He let the studio and the company drive his story and we ended up with the atrocity we got.

Same as @catsi563. I don't think he sold out. Just gave up and stopped caring.

If this is true, that's pretty devastating. He should have taken a hiatus on Naruto and cleared his mind, instead of letting someone mess up 15 years of work. I don't know it's almost been a year and still can't get over how cruddy the ending was, not just because of NS, but because how Naruto drastically changed. How Sakura who was my role model (yeah I know she wasn't real, but still) turned into a fangirl once again. 

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#5 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:39 AM

He didn't sell out, he planed all this. He used NS hide what he did, then by the end thought that everybody will laugh, but he failed to be a troll. 

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

He didn't sell out, he planed all this. He used NS hide what he did, then by the end thought that everybody will laugh, but he failed to be a troll.

I seriously dont think he planned most of the things in this series

Pairing outcome included

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#7 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:58 AM

I seriously dont think he planned most of the things in this series

Pairing outcome included

I just thought, he wanted to be a troll like others author, the only difference is that the other made laugh their readers, but well that is just a guess.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:00 AM

You know I remember that someone on this forum called that Kishimoto was going to sell out. (Or maybe it wasn't here, I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading a post about the possibility of Kishimoto selling out.) I had so much faith in him and was 95.5% sure he wasn't going to sell out. And then 2 years later, he sells out. :no: Funny huh? So I'm wondering, who (else) had faith in Kishimoto and who thought he'd sell out?  

I said it and made a thread about it after chapter 615. It's just that my prediction wasn't that he'd do NaruHina, but that there would no be romance ending; that it'd be a vague ending. Once I read chapter 693, I wanted to believe that he wouldn't sell out, but deep down, I knew the truth. At that stage, you could still write a NaruSaku ending (I did so in a rewrite fic), but it's pretty tough if you're not willing to respect your own source material (i.e. Sakura's characterization in 693).

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 08 November 2015 - 07:01 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

I said it and made a thread about it after chapter 615. It's just that my prediction wasn't that he'd do NaruHina, but that there would no be romance ending; that it'd be a vague ending. Once I read chapter 693, I wanted to believe that he wouldn't sell out, but deep down, I knew the truth. At that stage, you could still write a NaruSaku ending (I did so in a rewrite fic), but it's pretty tough if you're not willing to respect your own source material (i.e. Sakura's characterization in 693).

You mean like how for a good 15 years every character and even Naruto himself kept saying he loved Sakura?

That is how bad this ending is. No matter how you look at it, nothing uses or supports the previous source material. Literally you need to throw away the rest of the manga to have this ending make sense.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

If he gave up and lost faith in himself as mangaka why did he plan to work on new manga?

For me i think its obvious he is sold out, hes editor or SP told him 'Hey we are sitting on gold mine, make NH ending and we will be rich', he said it himself in his recent interview he was told that naruto is popular overseas but after coming to new york comic con he feels its a fake audience.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

If he gave up and lost faith in himself as mangaka why did he plan to work on new manga?

For me i think its obvious he is sold out, hes editor or SP told him 'Hey we are sitting on gold mine, make NH ending and we will be rich', he said it himself in his recent interview he was told that naruto is popular overseas but after coming to new york comic con he feels its a fake audience.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

I sadly agree. It's what make most sense.

#13 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

There's many possibilities but I doubt we'll ever know what truly happened with Naruto as a series until Kishimoto retires.

Perhaps Sakura as a love interest was simply the editor's decision and as soon as Kishi had more control over his manga he made changes.

Maybe he really did sell out and pushed NH through the gate because he thought the romance didn't matter much in the series.

Hell, maybe he was just afraid of upsetting people and thought pairing off everyone was the right move and this was just the most convenient way to do so.

Personally I like to believe Kishimoto did it for the money. At least that way I can respect his decision. If it's the right business move to make then you gotta do what you gotta do. Otherwise he's just a coward or a poor writer.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#14 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

If Kishi sold out, why pissoff his fandom instead of him praising his pairings and characters? That's what a sold out author would have done. What Kishi has been doing the entire year is the opposite. Its more like he's shooting his cows instead of milking them properly.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#15 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

If Kishi sold out, why pissoff his fandom instead of him praising his pairings and characters? That's what a sold out author would have done. What Kishi has been doing the entire year is the opposite. Its more like he's shooting his cows instead of milking them properly.

Maybe he is just dumb

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

I still think Kishimoto purposefully destroyed his story. The reason behind it is I have four reasons.
1. He got tired of writing Naruto period seeing how he pretty much lets anyone else write the damn thing.
2. He really was lied to by SP and noticed how his fanbase acted towards it. So he is basically trying to demolish it as pay back so SP can't make money off of it. (Similar thing happened with Akumatsu over Negima)
3.He got mad at us, the fanbase, for caring too much about pairings than the story and decided to just give up on it.
4. He is so depressed and miserable with his life that he is on a path of self-destruction.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 November 2015 - 05:43 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

I still think Kishimoto purposefully destroyed his story. The reason behind it is I have four reasons.
1. He got tired of writing Naruto period seeing how he pretty much lets anyone else writes the damn thing.
2. He really was lied to by SP and noticed how his fanbased acted towards it. So he is basically trying to demolish it as pay back so SP can;t make money off of it. (Similiar thing happened with Akumatsu over Negima)
3.He got mad at us, the fanbase, for caring too much about pairings than the story and decided to just give up on it.
4. He is so depressed and miserable with his life that he is on a path of self-destruction.

why does this make me think of kishi commenting suicide and people will blame the NS fans?

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

why does this make me think of kishi commenting suicide and people will blame the NS fans?

We get blamed for everything bad in Naruto anyway.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

I think it's the other way around. He gave up...then he sold out. After the Pain arc, there seemed to be some aimless direction, along with heavy focus on Sasuke. There was no well-defined enemy looming (like Akatsuki had been), and all the forward momentum evaporated. I think this is where he lost his drive and just wanted the story to end. And why wouldn't he? It's clear that the story was built to end with the Pain arc. Anyway, I think SP/his editors came to Kishi with a weak plot, the offer of others to write/illustrate/carry the franchise, and buckets of money. And he took it. I don't think it was a malicious, just that he sold out after he'd already given up on the story. So that way, an NH ending looks like he's really rescuing a story that was going nowhere fast, and reinvigorates a plot that had already gone very stale in the author's mind.

1. He got tired of writing Naruto period seeing how he pretty much lets anyone else write the damn thing.
2. He really was lied to by SP and noticed how his fanbase acted towards it. So he is basically trying to demolish it as pay back so SP can't make money off of it. (Similar thing happened with Akumatsu over Negima)

Yes...his negative quotes after the ending really were hard to take. And no fanbase was spared. It makes no sense. If he was happy with the ending (and with all his money from it) then why didn't he just let it go? I think it's a bit of #1 and #4: I think he got tired of writing Naruto a long time ago. And somewhere in his mind, he's ticked at the fanbase for being hung up on romance instead of action.

One thing I think is certain, for an author so invested in the bonds between Sasuke and Naruto, a huge romantic movie finale about Hinata and the whole manga ending hinging on the gimmick of which pairing wins was probably never in his plans. So even though he's reaping the benefits of that, I think it comes out in his quotes that he essentially feels like his story was twisted into what the fans wanted instead of what he wanted. That's the only explanation that I can think of for the absolute sabotage of his main characters in the end, and his sour comments that have followed.

#20 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

It all cycles back to the Sakura hate during the ending of 2009-10. Kishi and Shuiesha were getting hate mails from anti-Sakura fans and no doubt the NH fandom, demanding them to make a heroine switch and taunting Sakura . Even Kishi admitted little girls came up to him and explained how much they hated Sakura. So I'm like, why is only the antis approaching Kishi with the Sakura hate? What happen to her fans and supporters? And its to my believe that Kishi may have been disappointed  in the NS that never showed up to counter the antis and sat back and due nothing about it, which would more likely confirmed the rumor why he said at the 2015 Jump Festa he could not make NS happen all due to personal reasons. 

I believe when Kishi never got the support for Sakura, he gave up on this manga and just said FU to all of us.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users