shamefulcry0js.gif

#262 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

Good Bye to the majority of that site, the part that truly got me into manga. sad.gif This is really depressing. I'll curl up in the fetal position for a bit if you don't mind.

Love is everything.

#263 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Well, it's officially over, Onemanga last scanlation was Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu, lol, well my condolences to a great site that entretained so many poeple for so long.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#264 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

Too-bad. It seems that my April Fool's joke is coming true.
shamefulcry0js.gif

#265 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

It does kind of suck but I'm not going to complain about it. There just cracking down on manga scanlations because the manga artist work hard to draw their series and reading it online for free doesn't pay them one yen. I buy the manga volumes of Naruto but I'm not going to pretend that I never read it online (which is blatantly obvious since I post on chapter discussions) because I want to know what happens in the story and wouldn't want to wait until the American release. Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, just adding my two cents.

In the earlier pages, there was a discussion about a site that could upload manga chapters legally but some people were saying that it wouldn't show Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece and would only be for manga that never comes to the USA at all. I'll research this and give my opinion with full knowledge of what I'm talking about.

EDIT: This OpenManga site seems like a good idea for artist and publishers to get manga online and either read it for free or pay to get it earlier. Didn't someone say in this topic that this site wouldn't have the big three (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece) or am I mistaken? And would it only be in Japanese or English too? Sorry, I thought people here said something about this site about how it wouldn't work or something and my memory is fuzzy. Could someone make a different topic dedicated to what OpenManga is or not? If I'm asking too much, then I'm sorry. I didn't read the full topic and just skimmed through it. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 02 August 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#266 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 2 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does kind of suck but I'm not going to complain about it. There just cracking down on manga scanlations because the manga artist work hard to draw their series and reading it online for free doesn't pay them one yen. I buy the manga volumes of Naruto but I'm not going to pretend that I never read it online (which is blatantly obvious since I post on chapter discussions) because I want to know what happens in the story and wouldn't want to wait until the American release. Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, just adding my two cents.

In the earlier pages, there was a discussion about a site that could upload manga chapters legally but some people were saying that it wouldn't show Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece and would only be for manga that never comes to the USA at all. I'll research this and give my opinion with full knowledge of what I'm talking about.

EDIT: This OpenManga site seems like a good idea for artist and publishers to get manga online and either read it for free or pay to get it earlier. Didn't someone say in this topic that this site wouldn't have the big three (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece) or am I mistaken? And would it only be in Japanese or English too? Sorry, I thought people here said something about this site about how it wouldn't work or something and my memory is fuzzy. Could someone make a different topic dedicated to what OpenManga is or not? If I'm asking too much, then I'm sorry. I didn't read the full topic and just skimmed through it. sweatdrop.gif

I already did. Look around.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#267 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 2 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see a subcription service for the Manga's translated within a couple of days of Jap releases, I don't have a problem paying for reading, I just don't want to pay for hard copies, I tend to keep stuff like that I want to read but honestly I don't have the space to have all the manga.

Now if Say Shonon Jump got together with a online scanalation service, or started their own, and provided their manga online same way as Crunchyroll does, or maybe you can buy it online like zinio Reader then i'm all for it. Everythings stored on a drive and I can read it wherever I want. Also if i'm paying i'd probably read the other manga's too.

Crunchy has proved there are enough people out their willing to pay for the service, not saying everyone will do it, but I beleive the market is big enough to invest in a online subscription service, specially if they can provide a apple/Android app so you can also read on your ieverything and android's.

Back to the topic in hand, it's sad to see OneManga and other online manga sites go, they provided a great service, hopefully projects like OpenManga and other services will be made available soon, which will allow us to read manga online.

Edited by harry4e, 03 August 2010 - 04:03 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#268 Manga

Manga

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

Very sad to see it go but there's always Delicious Manga to use

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users