Close
Photo

Did you expect NH and SS to happen before the ending came out?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

I still had hope after 631, and even with the CPR scene, but after that god awful confession from Sakura about her still loving Sasuke, and even Kakashi goading him into loving her, I kinda lost hope in NaruSaku especially the ending when Sakura magically forgave Sasuke for everything with a simple sorry. That's kitten, and poor Naruto only got to say thanks to her, and that's the last interaction we got between Naruto and Sakura. NaruSaku was casted aside in favor of piss poor pairings with little to no development.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 27 October 2015 - 10:37 PM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

I still expected NS to happen, but I didn't think too much of it. It was just on the back of my mind. Even with 693, which I think is a part of the retcon plan tbh. Naruto had feelings for Sakura too up until the end. So they were in the same spot.

Before 693, Sakura had only shown dedication to Naruto in the war. Her speech and the CPR especially. She was different then, the Sakura that I love. But the Sakura in 693 is the same Sakura that came out in the end.

ナルサク

#23 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

I always expect NS even if sakura love sasuke, because sasuke doesn't love her and naruto love sakura.

I aware that there could be another outcome but based on the manga progression, I don't expect anything beside NS to happen.

Oh and sakura is not pairing fodder, she's romantic subplot. That's her design.

#24 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

Of course I fully expected NaruSaku to happen. But 'The Last' was scaring me and some of my worst nightmares came true. Sometimes, I still can't believe this bullcrap was given to us.  :ermm: I'm STILL not over this ending and it's almost been a year...I still get angry about it.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

I always expect NS even if sakura love sasuke, because sasuke doesn't love her and naruto love sakura.

I aware that there could be another outcome but based on the manga progression, I don't expect anything beside NS to happen.

Oh and sakura is not pairing fodder, she's romantic subplot. That's her design.

Isn't that worse?

#26 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

Isn't that worse?

Well, when I think of pairing fodder, I kinda think about the girl just being casted aside for a majority of the series, never really making any impact on the story.

As for romantic subplot, it feels as if a character has a chance to at least grow with the MC and be there for them, because it's a plot point. It may be small, but the character can occur more than once every blue moon and they have a better shot at getting some development.

Sakura was clearly the romantic aspect of T7, but that didn't mean that was the only thing to her. Where as, once Hinata was turned into nothing but pairing fodder, any little info we got on her in part one, was completely dismissed in place of nothing but feelings for Naruto.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:19 AM

Isn't that worse?

Not really.

@redrose said it better.

Outside of romance subplot, sakura has other conflict that kishi dropped.
The "I feel useless & powerless" conflict. Kind of like tashigi theme.

#28 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

That make sense. I just wish Sakura or female or many characters were handled much better. See other series, the flaws become visible in here.

#29 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

Not really.
@redrose said it better.
Outside of romance subplot, sakura has other conflict that kishi dropped.
The "I feel useless & powerless" conflict. Kind of like tashigi theme.

The problem with her development was that it was on-off-on-off. Kishi drops her, then picks her up again. She does something amazing just to revert back to selfish weak girl or is simply forgotten about. She fights Sasori and we never see that side of her again. She gets her seal and kicks ass, but has to be saved by her male comrades she was so eager to reach up to. She expresses mental maturity in the war with two great speeches, just to end back to "why don't you love me Sasuke?".

ナルサク

#30 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:38 AM

Two characters....just two characters is all it took to screw up the story. One being a parasite to all the other characters and one...well...the whole series!

Edited by narusaku256, 28 October 2015 - 06:04 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#31 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

I even believe in NS on-sided, that Naruto would be alone loving Sakura and even Kishi said in one of his interview that Naruto would be alone ( I don't remember which), but you know what  happened then.

About Sasuke was easily forgive, compare to the Gold Saint of Geminis was not looking for forgiveness because himself paid his own punish.

Edited by Liu bie, 28 October 2015 - 11:58 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

I expected the ending to be very heavily hinting at NS. Possibly even hinting at SK.

I really expecting a full-blown romantic NS ending. (And I sure as hell wasn't expecting a full-blown NH movie.) But I expected something to be like "The Gutsy Ninja" novel, because that sort of not-quite-happy-ending seems to be Kishimoto's style.

Instead, Hinata got the fairy tale ending and the rest got nothing. 

However, in spite of all the directions Kishimoto could of gone with resolving the pairings, I was fully expecting him to resolve the issues from the beginning of Naruto's journey: how he surpassed his masters, how he united Team 7, how he brought Sasuke home and redeemed him, how he became leader of Konoha and how he did things his own way, and of course how he chose to make his romantic decision (either through a flashback of him falling in love with Sakura as a child or a decision-making process of how he put his love for Sakura aside to move on to Hinata). 

The one thing that is still shocking to me about the ending, even after all this time, is how little of the storyline is actually resolved. More than the crappy NH ending, that's where I feel the most betrayed as a reader.

I've said it before and my view hasn't changed: Kishi wrote one manga, then tacked on a different ending. He didn't bother to finish the first story he wrote before hijacking the characters and pushing them into another direction.

#33 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

The problem with her development was that it was on-off-on-off. Kishi drops her, then picks her up again. She does something amazing just to revert back to selfish weak girl or is simply forgotten about. She fights Sasori and we never see that side of her again. She gets her seal and kicks ass, but has to be saved by her male comrades she was so eager to reach up to. She expresses mental maturity in the war with two great speeches, just to end back to "why don't you love me Sasuke?".

There wasn't a realistic means for her to compete with her teammates once they started acquiring absurd godlike powers. It's the same as the tired old debate over how to revitalise the humans' roles after they were eclipsed by the Saiyans and their transformations in DBZ. At best, had Slug Sage Mode actually been made a reality and if it were combined with her seal, she might have been able to rival SM Naruto and MS Sasuke. A commendable level, but still incapable of making any significant difference against the figureheads of the opposing side like Madara. 

Original topic: I had a faint suspicion that there might be a potential upset where nH and SS occurred, albeit they were faint. There were also moments of complacency and near-absolute self-assurances that Naruto and Sakura would come together, but unfortunately the screeching masses got their dream pairings and now we're left with a battered and broken franchise where development and accountability mean nothing. 

#34 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

The issue of Sakura reaching her teammates were brought up in the manga, it's not a fanon thing. It doesn't matter if it's unrealistic or not, it was a storyline for her. And the scene where she gets attacked by two mini-juubis was completely unnecessary anyway. It was so anti-climactic, I felt like it was there just to spite her.

But in the end, why does that matter? You are grasping at straws here, clutching at one of the examples that makes my point, which I explained in the first sentence. Even if you are right about that one little thing, it changes nothing.

Edited by sushi., 29 October 2015 - 11:04 PM.

ナルサク

#35 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

@sushi
Sakura by design will never become naruto & sasuke equal. She will become powerful sure, but not as strong as naru sasu.
The same could happen to sasuke have kishi doesn't make naruto vs sasuke the last battle in the manga.
I think the only way for kishi to put sakura on term with the other is by making her gain wood style. It gonna be an asspull, but I think it still nerve to not overshadow naruto.

@atheck
If naruto doesn't love sakura, I can understand that. But it doesn't happen to the point mrs kishimoto disappoint with the end pairing outcome.

#36 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

I've said it before and my view hasn't changed: Kishi wrote one manga, then tacked on a different ending. He didn't bother to finish the first story he wrote before hijacking the characters and pushing them into another direction.

saying the aliens were behind the plot is one pretty easy way to assure your series is jumping the shark.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#37 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

To answer the topic's question

Yes, I expected NS because even though the manga (plot wise) was going to crap it seemed obvious to me. I just began to consider SS and NH a possibility after 693 I mean either that or a no pairing ending, that 693 just outright murdered any character development Sakura had and thus cemented the way this already pitful story was going to end: horribly

saying the aliens were behind the plot is one pretty easy way to assure your series is jumping the shark.

It was already jumping even before that, ever since the genius author introduced over the top ressurection

@sushi
Sakura by design will never become naruto & sasuke equal. She will become powerful sure, but not as strong as naru sasu.
The same could happen to sasuke have kishi doesn't make naruto vs sasuke the last battle in the manga.

Strenght wise Sakura would never be as a strong as Sasuke or Naruto, but she could catch up to them in another way: by being better than them at something, for example, being the brain of the team, or being the  top healer or even so having some kind of unique utility that she learned throughout some kind of specific training...however in the end Kishimoto just made her outright useless since she was even surpassed in the healing aspect of her character by asspulled power up Naruto of all people 

Edited by Nar123, 30 October 2015 - 08:24 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#38 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:43 PM

I expected the ending to be very heavily hinting at NS. Possibly even hinting at SK.

I really expecting a full-blown romantic NS ending. (And I sure as hell wasn't expecting a full-blown NH movie.) But I expected something to be like "The Gutsy Ninja" novel, because that sort of not-quite-happy-ending seems to be Kishimoto's style.

Instead, Hinata got the fairy tale ending and the rest got nothing. 

However, in spite of all the directions Kishimoto could of gone with resolving the pairings, I was fully expecting him to resolve the issues from the beginning of Naruto's journey: how he surpassed his masters, how he united Team 7, how he brought Sasuke home and redeemed him, how he became leader of Konoha and how he did things his own way, and of course how he chose to make his romantic decision (either through a flashback of him falling in love with Sakura as a child or a decision-making process of how he put his love for Sakura aside to move on to Hinata). 

The one thing that is still shocking to me about the ending, even after all this time, is how little of the storyline is actually resolved. More than the crappy NH ending, that's where I feel the most betrayed as a reader.

The bolded part is so true. The fact that the most meaningful lines in 699 and 700 came from Sasuke is really telling. We spent 698 chapters reading about Naruto's story and I feel like the last two chapters were more about resolving things for Sasuke.

#39 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

At some point, I was afraid NH would become canon (and I thought SS would NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN ), then seeing all the NS moments and all, I was less concerned.

Then Kishi ruined everything.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#40 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

At some point, I was afraid NH would become canon (and I thought SS would NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN ), then seeing all the NS moments and all, I was less concerned.

Then Kishi ruined everything.

At times I felt like the pairings would end unresolved, with an open ending tbh.

Because in the end it was still just like in the beginning.

Naruto>Sakura

Sakura>Sasuke

Hinata>Naruto

Edited by sushi., 01 November 2015 - 01:58 PM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users