#21 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 8 2008, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do feel about Chad Johnson's new name?

I think it's funny and I've never had a problem with chad until he took the media seriously. I still respect him greatly though

Love is everything.

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:44 AM

I can't complain.

Carolina Panthers won 26-24 at San Diego (a popular Super Bowl Pic) and without their best player Steve Smith.

#23 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Sep 7 2008, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GO BEARS!

:>

Okay, i will be lying to you guys if i thought the Bears were going to win tonight, due to the poor season last year and a mediocre preseason this year. But it seems like i was wrong, The bears defeated the Colts by 3 possessions (meaning 14 or more points) This game has renewed my love for the Bears, so go Bears! Woo!

I can't believe that Brady is gone for the season, when i saw the footage.. i was like WTF? But i guess no perfect season for the Pats.

Looks like Favre might lead the Jets to the pennant, always like his work.

Tony H, i mean Romo lead the cowboys to a predictable win over the browns..

So, i'm looking foward to this season.

#24 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 7 2008, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't complain.

Carolina Panthers won 26-24 at San Diego (a popular Super Bowl Pics) and without their best player Steve Smith.

The Panthers surprised me, if Jake Delhomme stays healthy they have have a shot at the NFC South division title

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 7 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Panthers surprised me, if Jake Delhomme stays healthy they have have a shot at the NFC South division title

Indeed. From what he says, he's feeling better than he has in years. They also have an O-Line now and the backs to have the type of running game that got them to the Super Bowl five years ago. Without the running game (or a decent second receiver), they could just focus on Smith.

Without Smith I was worried about this game. I figured they could go 1-1 by beating the Bears, but winning here fills me with great hope (crossing my figures this isn't like the 01 season where they won the first game then set a record by losing the next 15). I can't wait for Smith to come back and see what they can do.

We also owe John Kasay with all those field goals.

#26 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 7 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed. From what he says, he's feeling better than he has in years. They also have an O-Line now and the backs to have the type of running game that got them to the Super Bowl five years ago. Without the running game (or a decent second receiver), they could just focus on Smith.

Without Smith I was worried about this game. I figured they could go 1-1 by beating the Bears, but winning here fills me with great hope (crossing my figures this isn't like the 01 season where they won the first game then set a record by losing the next 15). I can't wait for Smith to come back and see what they can do.

We also owe John Kasay with all those field goals.

Yeah, he was really good. Those final two seconds left me left me in shock, our comeback had been in vain. It was a good game though.

Edited by talesoffireemblem, 08 September 2008 - 04:30 AM.

#27 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:32 AM

Ravens won against the Bengals. Joe Falcco did a really great job on his debut and the Ravens defense held Chad Johnson to only one reception. Not to mention Palmer played a horrible game. I think they said it was his lowest passer rating in a game in his career! It was well played game.

And seriously the Pats have lost Brady for the entire season with that knee injury. What's the Patriots chances of winning? Will the evil genius Belichick be able to keep them contending? I mean they are easily the best in their division, but who knows with the Jets playing well with Farve. I think they will still win the division. Maybe Brady will be healed and come back by then. Who knows.

#28 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Sep 7 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ravens won against the Bengals. Joe Falcco did a really great job on his debut and the Ravens defense held Chad Johnson to only one reception. Not to mention Palmer played a horrible game. I think they said it was his lowest passer rating in a game in his career! It was well played game.

And seriously the Pats have lost Brady for the entire season with that knee injury. What's the Patriots chances of winning? Will the evil genius Belichick be able to keep them contending? I mean they are easily the best in their division, but who knows with the Jets playing well with Farve. I think they will still win the division. Maybe Brady will be healed and come back by then. Who knows.

It's a good sign, but they still played Miami, while Buffalo creamed Seattle.

Patriots could still win the division, but only because it's suppose to be so bad. It's a bad sign that both New York and Buffalo looked good.

#29 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Ravens won against the Bengals. Joe Flacco did a really great job on his debut and the Ravens defense held Chad Johnson to only one reception. Not to mention Palmer played a horrible game. I think they said it was his lowest passer rating in a game in his career! It was well played game.

To be fair Chad Ocho Cinco, needs surgery on his shoulder, so hes not 100%. However, the Ravens played good defense, and Flacco played Error Free Ball, and thats enough to beat Cincy.

They have Houston who is a little Tougher, even though the Steelers domintated them.

John Harbaugh was the Special Teams Cordinator here in philly for a time and he was a good coach and deserved a HC job. Hes serious about football but he is a guy players like.

During Ravens Training camp he said if Stover could hit a long Field Goal they could skip that nights practice, which he did. Thats the kind of looseness people can respond to.

They still have Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. If they can run the ball consistently, then they can set up the pass. No matter who your QB is that WR corp makes them better than they actually are. But still, not its going to be exciting to see them scrap it out with Miami, New York, and Buffalo. I think Buffalo will win because they ahve a complete team, and the best defense in the division.

And Brady is done this season, an ACL injury takes a year to recover, and two years to reach 100%. Carson palmer and Donovan Mcnabb had the same injury as Brady does now, and the earliest you can return from the injury, is next years preseason. So hes definetly out for the rest of this season.

Edited by Mik3, 08 September 2008 - 04:30 PM.

\

#30 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

I think New England will still win their division, but not easily as they would have with Brady. Buffalo will be right there and they have a good chance of winning the division as well. I'm not sold on the Jets yet. We'll see how things pan out around the league, early last year the Texans started 2-0 and the Lions looked they might actually win 10 games. Anything can happen in the net 16 weeks.

#31 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 8 2008, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They still have Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. If they can run thball consistently, then they can set up the pass. No matter who your QB is that WR corp makes them better than they actually are. But still, not its going to be exciting to see them scrap it out with Miami, New York, and Buffalo. I think Buffalo will win because they ahve a complete team, and the best defense in the division.

And Brady is done this season, an ACL injury takes a year to recover, and two years to reach 100%. Carson palmer and Donovan Mcnabb had the same injury as Brady does now, and the earliest you can return from the injury, is next years preseason. So hes definetly out for the rest of this season.

It's not the same though. The Patriots had two primary weaknesses before this: their secondary and their offensive line. You need a solid line to have a good running game (one reason Edgarrin James did so poorly in his first season with the Cardinals). Brady might have managed, but I'd be less than confident about a back-up QB beyond a suspect line.

Opponents are going to know the Patriots have to run and it'll make them considerably easier to predict. It won't matter if they have Moss and Welker if Cassel never has time to get them the ball.

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 8 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think New England will still win their division, but not easily as they would have with Brady. Buffalo will be right there and they have a good chance of winning the division as well. I'm not sold on the Jets yet. We'll see how things pan out around the league, early last year the Texans started 2-0 and the Lions looked they might actually win 10 games. Anything can happen in the net 16 weeks.

And what happen to Detriot? Atlanta destroyed them while getting 220 yards and nearly 10 yards a carry from Michael Turner.

#32 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 8 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not the same though. The Patriots had two primary weaknesses before this: their secondary and their offensive line. You need a solid line to have a good running game (one reason Edgarrin James did so poorly in his first season with the Cardinals). Brady might have managed, but I'd be less than confident about a back-up QB beyond a suspect line.

Opponents are going to know the Patriots have to run and it'll make them considerably easier to predict. It won't matter if they have Moss and Welker if Cassel never has time to get them the ball.

If you saw the game, Cassell spat the ball out iin no more than 3 seconds. Quailty WRs get open on slant routes relatively quickly, and the QB just has to put it in a spot in frotn of them. Easier said than done though. But they won against a KC defense thats getting pretty good. Now, when they plat pittsburgh, indy etc theyre going to get destroyed because that secondary lost its top DBs to free agency, and rodney harrison is a poor safety anyway. The only reason I give them a chance, is because the AFC east save NE has been a weak one, and we can't say for sure that New York, Buffalo, or Miami can win consistently in the AFC for 16 weeks. If New England can get the timing down between Cassell and his Receivers, then they have a shot. But as I said, Im taking Buffalo to win the division because Trent Edwards is up and ocming, Lynch is going to be a top 10 runing back and Lee Evans is an underrated receiver. And their special teams are sick too.
\

#33 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 8 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you saw the game, Cassell spat the ball out iin no more than 3 seconds. Quailty WRs get open on slant routes relatively quickly, and the QB just has to put it in a spot in frotn of them. Easier said than done though. But they won against a KC defense thats getting pretty good. Now, when they plat pittsburgh, indy etc theyre going to get destroyed because that secondary lost its top DBs to free agency, and rodney harrison is a poor safety anyway. The only reason I give them a chance, is because the AFC east save NE has been a weak one, and we can't say for sure that New York, Buffalo, or Miami can win consistently in the AFC for 16 weeks. If New England can get the timing down between Cassell and his Receivers, then they have a shot. But as I said, Im taking Buffalo to win the division because Trent Edwards is up and ocming, Lynch is going to be a top 10 runing back and Lee Evans is an underrated receiver. And their special teams are sick too.

They'll have time to adjust to Cassel. I'll eat my words if he can do the same over the next 15 games. I'm not try to disparage his skills, but playing behind a weak offensive line is always a problem. The line might do better than expected, but I've heard the New England O-line is suspect and I'd be worried as teams adjust their defenses to the change.

Buffalo was impressive. Seattle isn't great and almost all their receivers are on the DL, so Buffalo winning wasn't unexpected, but I was surprised by the margin of victory. I agree with you on Lynch. He's good. When they traded McGahee and drafted him I thought them crazy because McGahee had done well for them, but it looks like the right call. They have a very solid runner in him without as many health issues. They'll do well if Edwards is consistent. That haven't had consistent play from the QB position in a long time,

#34 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 8 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what happen to Detriot? Atlanta destroyed them while getting 220 yards and nearly 10 yards a carry from Michael Turner.

That was my point, you can't base what'll happen at the end of the season on what happens at the beginning, too many things happen throughout all 17 weeks. (BTW I was talking about how LAST SEASON people thought they could content, until they reminded people that they were the Lions by loosing their final 8 games)

#35 Mik3

Mik3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 8 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll have time to adjust to Cassel. I'll eat my words if he can do the same over the next 15 games. I'm not try to disparage his skills, but playing behind a weak offensive line is always a problem. The line might do better than expected, but I've heard the New England O-line is suspect and I'd be worried as teams adjust their defenses to the change.

Buffalo was impressive. Seattle isn't great and almost all their receivers are on the DL, so Buffalo winning wasn't unexpected, but I was surprised by the margin of victory. I agree with you on Lynch. He's good. When they traded McGahee and drafted him I thought them crazy because McGahee had done well for them, but it looks like the right call. They have a very solid runner in him without as many health issues. They'll do well if Edwards is consistent. That haven't had consistent play from the QB position in a long time,

Youre right, itis supsect. In the end, im basing their success on the rest of the division's shortcomings. And Seattle was screwed, because they became a passing team last season and yeah they didn't have thier best WRs. Still though, Buffalo put a whooping on them because they have great special teams and a good defense. They picked Tony Romo off for 5 ints in one game last season. However, I think Romo is overrated and benefits from having a top wr, te combo, and a solid o-line.

QUOTE (talesoffireemblem @ Sep 8 2008, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was my point, you can't base what'll happen at the end of the season on what happens at the beginning, too many things happen throughout all 17 weeks. (BTW I was talking about how LAST SEASON people thought they could content, until they reminded people that they were the Lions by loosing their final 8 games)

Thing is, if you had seen the panthers in pre-season they looked average except when they beat up on washington who has a great defense. And San Diego always has had an elite defense, but Jake Delhomme did enough to win and he pulled a great two minute drive. Super Bowl teams don't allow that. You can't compare Carolina to Detroit.

Jake Delhomme has taken them to the playoffs before and even the superbowl. Jon Kitna has never accomplished much at Detroit or Cincy.

The Panthers also have a wayyyyy better defense. Lions are as bad as cleveland concerning their defense.
\

#36 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

Well, Dolphins lost. Real patchy play pretty much till the fourth quarter, which was spectacular, in my opinion. If we play like that from now on, we might be able to get some wins. My concern is that the Wide Recievers didn't get open until near the end of the game, something we gotta work on. And we also need to work on secondary, they were doing pretty well in the preseason, but they're giving recievers too much of a cushion to catch the ball and then run for a few yards before being wrapped up. Ricky and Ronnie didn't get that many carries, but they had a couple good ones between them...But they also had some bad ones, where they could only get back up to the line. 16 carries for 43 yards between them, I think it was. They definitely did better on getting passes. Pennington also played pretty well, despite the rough passing game for most of the game, the fourth quarter made him look like a seasoned pro. Anthony Fasano also impressed, he got 8 catches for 85 yards. Overall, I'm bummed that we lost...but the fourth quarter rally, where we were on the 18 yard line and could take the lead with a touch down with 15 seconds left, has left me positive. We're not the same team as last year. >D

#37 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

thank god people know their football here.

with NE i think if they can balance the run and pass they'll be alright. but if even if they make it to the playoffs i don't see them getting to far.
but with a weak secondary and aging players alla round, the pats hav their work cut out for them. and the jets or bills are waiting in thw ings to win the division

i think the chargers and indy will be alright, SD does usually start off slow, but merriman won't be 100% this season which could hurt their pass rush. indy has had games like this over the years but turn out fine, peyton just has to put it together and theyll find a way to be where should, i just don't think the titans or jags will steal their crown yet.

while i dont think the phins will get to the playoffs this year, bill parcells is building them up from the bottom, if ted ginn can develop and if the backs play well they'll be able to pull of some suprises. hopefully the QB situation will clear up too, who will be the man at the end of the year? Pennington, Beck, or Henne?

Edited by Illadelphfan08, 08 September 2008 - 08:50 PM.

#38 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Sep 8 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thing is, if you had seen the panthers in pre-season they looked average except when they beat up on washington who has a great defense. And San Diego always has had an elite defense, but Jake Delhomme did enough to win and he pulled a great two minute drive. Super Bowl teams don't allow that. You can't compare Carolina to Detroit.

Jake Delhomme has taken them to the playoffs before and even the superbowl. Jon Kitna has never accomplished much at Detroit or Cincy.

The Panthers also have a wayyyyy better defense. Lions are as bad as cleveland concerning their defense.

I never compared Carolina to Detroit. I brought up the Lions as example for explaining how it's impossible to predict how the season will end. I meant to use this example when saying that I think the Patriots will still win the AFC East, even though they lost Tom Brady. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. As I said earlier, I think that the Panthers will be good this year.

Edited by talesoffireemblem, 08 September 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#39 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Illadelphfan08 @ Sep 8 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank god people know their football here.

with NE i think if they can balance the run and pass they'll be alright. but if even if they make it to the playoffs i don't see them getting to far.
but with a weak secondary and aging players alla round, the pats hav their work cut out for them. and the jets or bills are waiting in thw ings to win the division

i think the chargers and indy will be alright, SD does usually start off slow, but merriman won't be 100% this season which could hurt their pass rush. indy has had games like this over the years but turn out fine, peyton just has to put it together and theyll find a way to be where should, i just don't think the titans or jags will steal their crown yet.

while i dont think the phins will get to the playoffs this year, bill parcells is building them up from the bottom, if ted ginn can develop and if the backs play well they'll be able to pull of some suprises. hopefully the QB situation will clear up too, who will be the man at the end of the year? Pennington, Beck, or Henne?

I think, from the way it looks now, Pennington will be the starter for one more season after this, provided he stays healthy, and he'll continue to hopefully mentor Henne and Beck. I think after next season, Henne will be the starter with Beck being backup. I don't think it's time to give up on Beck just yet, they barely worked with him last year, he didn't have a lot of the playbook at his disposal, and he was beat up behind a weak O-Line. He needs a bit more time to get his confidence back up...right now he's focusing too much on not screwing up. He just seems scarred from last season, but I think he can still be a decent QB.

Edited by Zatren6, 08 September 2008 - 09:26 PM.

#40 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Foooooootttttballllllll!

That is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users