Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Star Wars The Last Jedi

No spoilers. Overall liked it, but the non-Jedi stuff for me was a pass. I could do without the stuff that wasn't about Rey, Kylo, Luke and Snoke.

The trailer is indeed misleading to a point. If you want to get into spoiler territory just say the word.

Rating. 7 out of 10.

I disagree. I loved how Poe had much more presence in the movie and did a lot more, and Rose's character is pretty interesting. Can't say she stacks up well enough to be a major character but she is fun to watch and her perspective is cool. And Leia, oh my god Leia. They show more of her and it was so bittersweet. Maybe it's just a soft spot after Carrie Fischer's death but I have no complaints with her

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#1362 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

Jumanji : Welcome to The Jungle

8/10

Glad this sequel was a good one from my perspective. For those who've watched this movie, how did you find it ?

#1363 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Assassins Creed 8/10- I was surprised it was a good movie not like many movies based on games that suck a lot. But it was a fun movie filled with action. But this is coming from someone who have never play any of the AS games lol. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1364 Uzumaki9000

Uzumaki9000

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Movies, drawing, painting, reading and video games.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

Logan (2017) - 10/10. This movie had everything I wanted in a comic book movie, great characters, emotions, action, score, story and much more. I might like it better than The Dark Knight.

#1365 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Black Panther 9/10 a near perfect movie and perhaps has the best marvel movie villain yet with killmonger potrayed by Michael B Jordon.

#1366 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

Full Metal Alchemist live action 8/10- I was surprised the movie is on Netflix. Not surprised to see so many people giving it one start and a poor review. That's because people are attended to see a live action movie base on a anime to be EXACTLY as the anime. 

Now onto my review. I actually like it. It was enjoyable though both anime series will always be better. This attempt was well done, as expected they changed things from the plot. But I saw it coming because this a live action adaption of the famous anime and NOT EXACTLY the anime I will say they got it spot  on. The characters were good and identical to their anime counter parts (especially the actress who played Lust she was gorgeous :wow:). Many characters are missing but the movie ended giving a huge clue that there's going to be a sequel and probably a third movie making a trilogy. What I love the most asides the special effects were the fusion of old anime and the Brotherhood manga adaption. 

If you love Full Metal Alchemist you'll love this movie. I do know one thing if Hollywood would have gotten their hands on this movie it would have kitten up completely the FMA franchise. Please let the Japanese handle live action movies of anime. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 20 February 2018 - 06:40 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1367 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

Justice League 9/10- finally saw it and I love it. I don't know what was the big fuss of fans saying it wasn't good. Though there were some aspects of the movie I think they could have done it better, I believe Zack Snyder did another awesome job. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1368 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

The Last Jedi 7/10- I would have give it a 10 but the fact that Snoke died too easily and Luke dying when I was hoping he would die in the next movie. Those two were the only things I didn't like but the rest was awesome. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1369 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Avengers Infinity War

To put it shortly just the score. 20 out of 10.

Yes, you read that right.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1370 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Your all time favourite movie? :hehehe:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1371 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Your all time favourite movie? :hehehe:

Honestly, no.

It's just that it actually lived up to the hype it generated. Usually these types of movies where they hype the crap out of it, end up being mediocre or complete let down.

Look at Batman V Superman, that could've been a great movie to watch. Or The Last Jedi. The hype for both was off the scale, but in the end both failed miserably for their own reasons.

Infinity War is not much when it comes to story, honestly there's isn't much to talk about the story in it at all, it's that anemic.

But that doesn't matter because we already had a lot of world building in the MCU, we know these characters, we've been following them for 10 years now and what over 12 movies or so, we know what drives them, how they think, we know the lore, we know the history.

All of it was a build up to the culmination of Infinity War. And in Infinity War we get action and action and action moment after moment. There isn't much of a dull moment to justify the run time of the movie, everything has its purpose. And it was amazing.

For those who have seen Infinity War, imagine if this was the second movie or the first movie in this cinematic universe. I guarantee you, you would've wreck this movie, just like another cinematic universe that gets wrecked by fans cough:BvS/DC:cough.

Simply because there would've been no build up to it. This is what DC failed and still fails to understand. They just shoved pretty much everything they had in one movie and expected the world to like it. It doesn't work like that. If they would've taken their time and done things in their own time and of course well, people would like it.

Because people have demonstrated if it's good they will like it. And in some cases even when it's bad they will like it. What they won't like if it's really bad, that's when they won't accept it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#1372 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:40 AM

Avengers Infinity War

To put it shortly just the score. 20 out of 10.

Yes, you read that right.

There are still some Marvel movies I haven't seen, so I need to watch them to better understand the characters in the movie. Looking forward to seeing the movie though.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#1373 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Avengers: Infinity War 10/10 it was AMAZING I feel. But inevitably because of the huge cast, the focus was split and many of my more favoured characters were killed off or did not get enough screen time, so the movie ended up jumping all  over the place to try balance out

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1374 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:27 AM

I'm watching Ichi the Killer tonight. I knew about it by reputation for it's torture scenes (though I still find Hellraiser more disturbing) but this movie is really something else. It feels like pure, unadulterated schlock. Like a Tarantino film without the iconic dialogue, plus it had this fast pacing I find in a number of Japanese films. Not to mention Japanese quirkiness. So, I'm really digging this film right now and am worried about how it's not making me feel uncomfortable like it should. Maybe it's that schlock feel to it? But anyway it's stuff like this that really drives me to check out Japanese cinema.

9/10.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#1375 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Avenger: Infinity Wars --- (9.5/10) It was great lol, lived up to the hype thankfully. My only issue is that because there were so many characters featured in this film, some of the heroes didn't get enough screen-time as the others. But it was great overall! (god that ending though orz)

Also, Thanos was SO well played, Josh Brolin did an excellent job 

#1376 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:02 AM

Venom 7.5/10- It was a good movie but I wish it was longer and love the after credits scene with Eddie visiting Kladus Kassidy aka Carnage.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1377 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

Perfect Blue — (9/10)

To me, this movie uses the best kind of scare tactic: use of psychology. Nothing scares you more than your own doubts and delusions.

It was so immersive. The main character cannot tell the difference between fiction and reality and soon enough you begin to get doubtful as well. The creepiness seeps in gradually and really hits you towards the end. Really nailed the scare factor with this.

Perfect Blue got me WRECKED, I had to watch cute animal videos and sappy mahou shoujo anime to try and cleanse myself afterwards.

#1378 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:04 AM

Avengers Endgame - Infinity Rating.

Seriously this was is and most likely will be the greatest superheros movie that exists and will ever exist.

I honestly don't even know what to say. If you want to talk spoilers go to thread for it there we can talk, but until then go see it.

And go see it now.

Can you tell that I can't even find what to say?

Edited by Nostradamus, 27 April 2019 - 06:59 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#1379 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

Captain Marvel -- 9/10

Avengers: Endgame -- 10/10

#1380 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

Aladdin remake... here's my reaction....

509356167_759751.gif?4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users