Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=iNV6AXPeJeU

Ok so I was skeptical about the new designs at first, but seeing it in action I'll admit it looks better than I thought it would. I-like pretty much everyone who saw the first images of the new look-wasn't really into it, but the more I thought about it, and after seeing it in motion I can see that this just might work. It kinda reminds me of Motorcity or even the first and second phase Gorillaz come to think of it

Plus Raphael is now the leader of the Turtles, and he's my favourite so it's good to see him get some more time in the limelight

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#2 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=iNV6AXPeJeU

Ok so I was skeptical about the new designs at first, but seeing it in action I'll admit it looks better than I thought it would. I-like pretty much everyone who saw the first images of the new look-wasn't really into it, but the more I thought about it, and after seeing it in motion I can see that this just might work. It kinda reminds me of Motorcity or even the first and second phase Gorillaz come to think of it

Plus Raphael is now the leader of the Turtles, and he's my favourite so it's good to see him get some more time in the limelight

I like Raph too, but making him leader of Leo is blasphemous.

#3 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

I don't know if I can forgive the blasphemy of them ruining the original 90's opening theme song. Also Raphael is the leader? WTF So what is the Point of Leonardo? He's the serious leader, take away the leader part and all he is, is serious and nobody's got time for that, plus Raph not being the leader is why he can have a attitude problem, having a hotheaded leader who likes to go solo doesn't make sense.

Also apart from Raph not a big fan of the new art style.

iAnby7W.gif

#4 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Also Raphael is the leader? WTF So what is the Point of Leonardo? He's the serious leader, take away the leader part and all he is, is serious and nobody's got time for that, plus Raph not being the leader is why he can have a attitude problem, having a hotheaded leader who likes to go solo doesn't make sense.

That's the thing about Leo: him being the leader is his entire character. I think taking him out of the role that everyone has seen him in since the first issue of the original comic came out in 1984 can give them a chance to actually give him some sort of personality so he's not bland and boring like in every incarnation of the turtles ever made

Plus Raph being leader means that things can be different; a leader's personality is reflected in their tactics and leadership style and personally I'm interested in seeing how the turtles under Raph will be different from what we've always seen. Better than just the same old thing being regurgitated over and over again

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

OK first episode is on Nicks You tube channel...and so far...WTF am I watching? I'd actually be OK with a new show with this premise, but as a kid of the nineties who loved the original show this new take on the show is....so far ridiculous. Maybe it changes later on, but right now I feel the show should be it's own thing and not have the TMNT branding associated with it.

Edited by harry4e, 31 July 2018 - 10:58 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users