132 replies to this topic

#21 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:58 AM

I wonder what they mean by Last Jedi. Finn has the potential to be one too no? :smile:

according to the trailer last jedi means the jedi are going away there will be no more jedi

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

The Force Awakens seemed more like a remake of A New Hope, so it was kinda boring in that sense. The Honest Trailer explained it better, tho xD

I haven't watched the older movies, but if that's true it's a fair point. We have enough milked cows with Baruto.

ナルサク

#23 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

I haven't watched the older movies, but if that's true it's a fair point. We have enough milked cows with Baruto.

unfortunately there is no mercy..... matrix is going to be rebooted

http://www.hollywood...ner-bros-986292

i respect keanu for refusing this reboot until the wachowskis get to be involved because warner brothers is doing the same thing as disney and rebooting the wachowski's movies and kicking the original writer and director away from his creation

#24 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

What did you not like about it?
What dragged it down for me, was that Rey could wield the sword without any training and ofc Solo died. But it didn't suck to me.

Lol it was terrible. The story was a rip off of A New Hope, the acting was terrible, the humor from the lead guy was forced as kitten, they tried to shoehorn some romance in the film even though the two leads literally met like 3 days earlier, etc. The movie was bad XD

you have to watch the trailer at least its amazing how luke decides the world doesn't need jedi and the fans don't seem to find issue with that(it says a lot about their standards for star wars or a good logical plotline). this trilogy is going to be a joke or a bad dream

Lmao I don't even know if I want to bother XD it sounds terrible too

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#25 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

unfortunately there is no mercy..... matrix is going to be rebooted

http://www.hollywood...ner-bros-986292

i respect keanu for refusing this reboot until the wachowskis get to be involved because warner brothers is doing the same thing as disney and rebooting the wachowski's movies and kicking the original writer and director away from his creation

Matrix already is one the best movie series. It's very possible they're going to decrease its greatness if they do a reboot.

#26 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Matrix already is one the best movie series. It's very possible they're going to decrease its greatness if they do a reboot.

and they are planning on casting the main character as a black guy that doesn't look like neo as well as kicking away the original story writers. did warner brothers not learn from the fantastic four reboot that casting a black actor as a white character doesn't make a movie good

#27 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

and they are planning on casting the main character as a black guy that doesn't look like neo as well as kicking away the original story writers. did warner brothers not learn from the fantastic four reboot that casting a black actor as a white character doesn't make a movie good

Let another fiasco begins like that of Ghost in the Shell movie :P I don't think they have the right to kick away the writer of the original story.

Edited by T XD, 15 April 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#28 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

I very much enjoyed Episode VII and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Episode VIII. Having Luke become a mentor and a trainer should be good and I'm really excited to see what adventure Finn goes on. 

Off topic.

Well, Will Smith was the original person they wanted cast as Neo so it's not too crazy of an idea.

Edited by Lid, 15 April 2017 - 03:44 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#29 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

the other problem with a matrix reboot is the reason for rebooting it... hollywood is out of ideas and are looking to already made movies to do​ again

#30 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

the other problem with a matrix reboot is the reason for rebooting it... hollywood is out of ideas and are looking to already made movies to do​ again

Yup. That's a problem. Maybe it explains on why they're targeting movies that got very good rates.

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

Here's a list of movies, starting in 2011.

• Pacific Rim
  • The World's End
  • Her
  • Nebraska
  • Inside Llewyn Davis
  • Prisoners
  • Snowpiercer
  • Gravity
  • Midnight in Paris
  • The Artist
  • Inception
  • Django Unchained
  • Chronicle
  • Magic Mike
  • 50/50
  • Don Jon
  • Martha Marcy May Marlene
  • Warrior
  • Chef
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Night Crawler
  • Whiplash
  • Birdman
  • The Martian
  • It Follows
  • Southpaw
  • Ex Machina
  • Brooklyn
  • Room
  • Kubo and the Two Strings
  • The Nice Guys
  • Arrival
  • Hell or High Water
  • La La Land

You know what the common factor is with them? They're not remakes, they're not sequels. They're either original or based on obscure books. They range from horror to action to westerns to romance and they're all largely originally inspired.

That's just a small list, too of how many movies have come out in recent years.

So, based on that, Hollywood isn't out of ideas. What Hollywood does have is knowledge that people gravitate toward what they're familiar with. They've been doing it for ages and they're still doing it today.

I'll post something I wrote up a few years ago on the topic

Most people, mainly general movie audiences, enjoy or at least prefer seeing something that is familiar. Cabin in the Woods was a great satirical horror film and made just over $66 million world wide. Paranormal Activity 4 made over $142 million world wide. You do the math.

Fact is. Hollywood has a lot of originality. There are a lot of original scripts out there. Go to any film festival around the country. There are tons of fine original movies. The fact is, most audiences (judging by box office results), want the things that are familiar and within their comfort zone, like a comfort food, if you will. The people who are willing to take a chance when at the theater and see the more original film is a minority. Even with the movies I listed, which were good original films, they either had to rely on a known director (Pacific Rim) or get Oscar buzz (The Artist) to have any success.

The point is, studio execs realize that people have movies that are like comfort foods. They can hire a director and writers who can come up with a new movie based on something or a sequel to something and do it easier than coming up with something original, and they know it will break even. So of course they will go with that direction. It's guaranteed money.

Now, I'm not trying to be too defensive of Hollywood here. I would love for them to take more chances with original ideas. That's why I enjoy a director like Nolan creating something like Inception rather than a straight remake like The Matrix. But overall, a Matrix remake is more Hollywood just following the masses, rather than Hollywood spoonfeeding audiences what they don't want. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hollywood isn't out of ideas, producers just makes movies where they think the money will flow.

Oft; https://www.buzzfeed...4ldqpho#4ldqpho

Edited by sushi., 16 April 2017 - 01:38 AM.

ナルサク

#33 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

movie poster

tumblr_ooepj7ChN41w65kiso1_1280.jpg

no stops on the nostalgia train get those original trilogy loyalists drooling disney needs all your $$$$

#34 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

Lol it was terrible. The story was a rip off of A New Hope, the acting was terrible, the humor from the lead guy was forced as kitten, they tried to shoehorn some romance in the film even though the two leads literally met like 3 days earlier, etc. The movie was bad XD
Lmao I don't even know if I want to bother XD it sounds terrible too

Fun fact, Finn x Poe is the most popular new ship for whatever reason, since they spent so little time together. John Boyega (Finn) even said we were going to see more ot them in Ep VIII. Who knows? This could be the very first gay SW couple because of fan service  :th_yeah:

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#35 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

Fun fact, Finn x Poe is the most popular new ship for whatever reason, since they spent so little time together. John Boyega (Finn) even said we were going to see more ot them in Ep VIII. Who knows? This could be the very first gay SW couple because of fan service  :th_yeah:

Don't worry it won't go beyond baiting.

ナルサク

#36 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

I was watching this clip from the 40th star wars anniversary panel and the channel that posted it is obviously biased against the new movies and the title says jj abrams was rude to mark which probably isn't what happened. most likely he just didn't care about the backstory luke had. as we see in the force awakens luke has only 30 seconds of screen time in the whole movie so why would he care? but what is concerning to me is that mark seems to be the one most concerned with what happened to his character than anyone else even despite his importance in the original star wars trilogy. it would be a huge mistake to put luke in the backseat in the last jedi because of that and jj might have just wanted to do his movie without luke and then leave it to the next movie to solve 

#37 totherpage95

totherpage95

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

Edited by totherpage95, 03 May 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#38 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

OK, I had to share this, it's too good.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#39 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Behind the scenes:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#40 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

Here's a list of movies, starting in 2011.

• Pacific Rim
  • The World's End
  • Her
  • Nebraska
  • Inside Llewyn Davis
  • Prisoners
  • Snowpiercer
  • Gravity
  • Midnight in Paris
  • The Artist
  • Inception
  • Django Unchained
  • Chronicle
  • Magic Mike
  • 50/50
  • Don Jon
  • Martha Marcy May Marlene
  • Warrior
  • Chef
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Night Crawler
  • Whiplash
  • Birdman
  • The Martian
  • It Follows
  • Southpaw
  • Ex Machina
  • Brooklyn
  • Room
  • Kubo and the Two Strings
  • The Nice Guys
  • Arrival
  • Hell or High Water
  • La La Land

You know what the common factor is with them? They're not remakes, they're not sequels. They're either original or based on obscure books. They range from horror to action to westerns to romance and they're all largely originally inspired.

That's just a small list, too of how many movies have come out in recent years.

So, based on that, Hollywood isn't out of ideas. What Hollywood does have is knowledge that people gravitate toward what they're familiar with. They've been doing it for ages and they're still doing it today.

I'll post something I wrote up a few years ago on the topic

Now, I'm not trying to be too defensive of Hollywood here. I would love for them to take more chances with original ideas. That's why I enjoy a director like Nolan creating something like Inception rather than a straight remake like The Matrix. But overall, a Matrix remake is more Hollywood just following the masses, rather than Hollywood spoonfeeding audiences what they don't want. 

I love "Edge of Tomorrow" - so good. I know it was based off a novel, and it was changed...aaaaand I kind of can't stand Tom Cruise...but still, so watchable. So good. I love movies that make you think, that have multiple possibilities...and it delivered. I think they're making a sequel.  :yes:

Oh yeah - and Total Recall. Saw the original and liked it. Saw the remake and loved it!

Hollywood isn't out of ideas, producers just makes movies where they think the money will flow.

Oft; https://www.buzzfeed...4ldqpho#4ldqpho

There's nothing new under the sun. —Even the stories we think are new...just aren't. 

But that's ok, because we're always improving and always adapting for our current time. (Just look at TV Tropes if you really want to get depressed about it! lol!!!) But really, I don't sweat the rehashing of stories so much anymore. Now, I look for better retellings. 

Long ago, when Seinfeld ended, a few TV critics lamented the end of the 'golden age' of the sitcom. And he said that they were full of crap, basically. That TV hadn't even been around long enough to have a golden age. And it certainly wouldn't end with him. lol! 

Anyway, I always think about that - that we are still inventing new ways to tell stories!! And since we are, we are still coming up with new stories. Retelling old ones, but twisting them for a new time and a new audience. 

So I don't sweat the rehashes so much. Instead I welcome them. Like the Transformers series: The movies are exactly what the cartoon designers from the 80s wish they could have been making!!  :lol:

Yeah, of course it's all about money. I don't deny that. But if we go to completely green screen/computer-animated films instead of on location stuff...well, I'm ok with it. I happen to love fanfic too. So if they want to tell me the same story just set in a new format...uh, I'm pretty much up for it!!  :D As long as it's a good story, with a well-done setting, and actors that are believable and do a good service to the character...then here, take my money.

I think the poeple who are making movies/stories now are the people who grew up loving those stories as kids. And they want to do justice to it. So I have hope for the future of series' like Star Wars and other series. Even the old ones! Like Shakespeare retold. Or Jane Austen's Emma redone as Clueless. Yup. It works for me!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users