• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

Anyone watching the series on Netflix? It rocks! Animators/writers from Avatar The Last Airbender are involved, and one of the voices is Jake from Adventure TIme. Worth the wait after several meh reboots over the years. New season starts in a couple days!

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Yep I'm hype I like that they made the pilot of the green lion a girl instead of a boy.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Yep I'm hype I like that they made the pilot of the green lion a girl instead of a boy.

Yes me too! So awesome!

There's so much of the series that reminds me of Avatar. I'm hoping they'll follow ATLA's arc and make it a well-developed story/universe.

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Well then, can I have a timeskip like ATLA? Love Pidge with her hair down. It's too pretty to get it cut. That, and seeing Lance's reaction if she grows it out and gets dolled up by Allura will be a sight to see.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

New season is awesome!!!! And they've set it up for the next season! Woot! 

Forgot to mention, one of the other main characters (Keith) is voiced by Glenn from Walking Dead, actor Steven Yeun. Which is great because he was one of my absolute faves from WD. So I'm glad I get to hear/see him again.

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

Just watched the entire second season its a shame Shiro died it was bound to happened since all hardcore Voltron fans knows Keith becomes the pilot of the Black Lion, then Lance makes the switch from the Blue Lion to the Red and eventually Allura becomes the new pilot of the blue lion. I didn't know Steven Yeun voices Keith sweet but anyway looks like the producers are going for Keith/Allura I have always ship the pairing since the classic series from the 80's. 

The third season is going to be even better with the introduction of Prince Lotor and also character development since Keith has to bond with black lion, Lance has to bond with red lion and Allura has to bond with blue lion. 

All in all I give this whole series a 10/10 BEST reboot ever nuff said.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

Just watched the entire second season its a shame Shiro died it was bound to happened since all hardcore Voltron fans knows Keith becomes the pilot of the Black Lion, then Lance makes the switch from the Blue Lion to the Red and eventually Allura becomes the new pilot of the blue lion. I didn't know Steven Yeun voices Keith sweet but anyway looks like the producers are going for Keith/Allura I have always ship the pairing since the classic series from the 80's. 

The third season is going to be even better with the introduction of Prince Lotor and also character development since Keith has to bond with black lion, Lance has to bond with red lion and Allura has to bond with blue lion. 

All in all I give this whole series a 10/10 BEST reboot ever nuff said.

Yep! All same here! Glad to see that they're following the same general story arc from the original series. I was wondering if Shiro was going to die/disappear. Thought it was going to happen in the first episode. But when it didn't, I forgot about it. So a complete surprise in the end.

And I was beginning to worry that they were going to wrap up the series after the second season (omit Lotor, let Shiro live, and Allura never pilots the lion). But in the last five minutes, they confirmed the third season, and put the story on track to follow the original.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle Lotor. Especially with the introduction of Keith/Allura. Wonder if Lotor will still be power/love crazy or if they'll spin him differently. And yes, it will be interesting to see them learn to rebond with lions and each other in the absence of Shiro.

So good!! Voltron was absolutely my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. So yeah - this reboot is awesome!!

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Yep! All same here! Glad to see that they're following the same general story arc from the original series. I was wondering if Shiro was going to die/disappear. Thought it was going to happen in the first episode. But when it didn't, I forgot about it. So a complete surprise in the end.

And I was beginning to worry that they were going to wrap up the series after the second season (omit Lotor, let Shiro live, and Allura never pilots the lion). But in the last five minutes, they confirmed the third season, and put the story on track to follow the original.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle Lotor. Especially with the introduction of Keith/Allura. Wonder if Lotor will still be power/love crazy or if they'll spin him differently. And yes, it will be interesting to see them learn to rebond with lions and each other in the absence of Shiro.

So good!! Voltron was absolutely my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. So yeah - this reboot is awesome!!

Ditto I can't wait for next year to see the third season :eager:

I think one of the new additions they added in this reboot is the fact that Keith has Garla blood in him (I don't remember this in the original series) its pretty obvious his mother was Garla and a member of the Blade of Marmora explaining how he ended up with that knife. Also the Blade of Marmora is another addition added to this reboot because I'm pretty sure I don't remember Garla rebels in the original series (I think its a good twist for the story). Now that I think about it I find it quite ironic Allura falling for Keith with him being half Garla :hehehe: For some strange reason Allura reminds me of Katara and Lance reminds me of Soka though I know the guys behind this reboot were also behind Avatar but I don't know they really remind me of them. 

The rebonding with the lions will be the most interesting thing in the new season; I have a feeling Lance won't have a problem bonding with the red lion since he's the wacky funny guy he's also a bit of a hot head (Red lion is the element of fire he wont mind having a crazy hot head for a pilot lol :P ) Allura will be very interesting how she will bond with the blue lion but I have a feeling Keith will have trouble bonding with the black lion since it looks like the black lion came to trust Shiro more than anyone. It will be hard for him to try and trust someone else in the same level (even if he's another Paladin). 

One more thing Keith/Allura FTW! :wub:

Edited by Gravenimage, 22 January 2017 - 01:27 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

About Shiro.... Are we really sure he's dead? Rule number one when you want to kill off a character is that you actually have to show it. In the meantime, I guess Allura's going to be with Black Lion now.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

About Shiro.... Are we really sure he's dead? Rule number one when you want to kill off a character is that you actually have to show it. In the meantime, I guess Allura's going to be with Black Lion now.

I'm wondering where is Shiro but I guess it will be explain in the third season. Also why would Allura be with black lion? Shiro said plenty of times to Keith if anything happens to him he wants him to take over as leader and pilot black lion. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 22 January 2017 - 11:43 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

I was a huge fan of the original show, so some of the changes that were made in the first season threw me off a little (starting with the modern castle, having it leave Arus within a few episodes, marginalizing Keith, comic relief Coran). But, with the release of the second season, I went back and marathoned the entire thing. With the low episode count, viewing all in succession was much better. I wish that the seasons were 20 episodes like Avatar: The Last Airbender. I am fully invested now. Keith was my favorite character as a kid, and seeing him develop into his destined role is probably more fulfilling than just having him be awesome from the start. With Shiro's disappearance, it will make things very different for the team dynamic. I hope they follow the original series for what comes next. Approaching it in a more nuanced and mature manner could make for some awesome character development. Keith having to deal with the loss of Shiro and trying to fill his shoes with difficulty. As stated from the first season, as leader, he must become the paladin of the black lion.  In this regard, he will probably have an easier time, as I think Shiro's essence has become one with the black lion. My guess is that he will help smooth the transition for Keith and provide some ethereal guidance along the way. Lance will have difficulty both accepting Keith as the leader and moving up to the red lion. As it is the most difficult to pilot and the most temperamental, it could make for some strong character development for him next season. Allura taking over the blue lion would be awesome. I like this iteration of her even better than the original. Having her aboard a lion during battles could make for some more interesting developments. Her magic abilities might provide Voltron with a much needed power-up. New abilities might emerge and bring him closer to the original (able to take out multiple robeasts simultaneously, taking on an entire fleet of battle cruisers solo... etc.). He might even be able to open his own space gates. Allura might also have to come to terms with the fact that, as a paladin, Keith is in charge. I think they touched on that in the original series, but it could be dramatically expanded on here. I hope Hunk gets some good character development next season as well. Pidge is awesome. I love the changes that they made to the character, and there is a lot more that they can do and explore with it. Finally... Prince Lotor. If they apply the more weighty, creepy template to the character, things could get really interesting. He was obsessed with Allura. Going down that road could be amazing. With the subtle hints at Keith and Allura (both are alien and they shared multiple one-on-one and emotionally impactful interactions) the insertion of Lotor could amp things up. Maybe Keith turning to Allura for advice as someone comfortable as a leader with Shiro is out of the picture... Allura reaching out to Keith because of what she discovered, Alteans can be bad and Galrans can be good, to further eliminate her prejudice. In the original series, I believe there were multiple occasions where Keith and Lotor threw down over Allura, though I don't want Allura to be marginalized as a result. Haggar could create the situation, seeing Allura as nearly as great a threat as Voltron himself. The shame is that it might take two seasons to cover everything that I just mentioned.

#12 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

Ohhhhh I see original Voltron fans here just like me!!! I agree with the series throwing you off with the changes which got me to me too, however I got used to it after a bit of thinking it over XD I was happy with the animation since I have been waiting for a new Voltron for years, I even saw the one with the cadets (wasn't bad but the cadets wasn't the best part) and I enjoy the small progression between Allura and Keith this season since it may be handled a bit better than before. Lotor, I wanna see his relationship with his mother and see the comparison with Allura and his mother which causes his feelings for her along with his complicated relationship with Zarkon. I feel Lotor has more potential this time than being shown obsessive over Allura since he has a decent backstory that I wish was shown more so we could understand him better

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

Ohhhhh I see original Voltron fans here just like me!!! I agree with the series throwing you off with the changes which got me to me too, however I got used to it after a bit of thinking it over XD I was happy with the animation since I have been waiting for a new Voltron for years, I even saw the one with the cadets (wasn't bad but the cadets wasn't the best part) and I enjoy the small progression between Allura and Keith this season since it may be handled a bit better than before. Lotor, I wanna see his relationship with his mother and see the comparison with Allura and his mother which causes his feelings for her along with his complicated relationship with Zarkon. I feel Lotor has more potential this time than being shown obsessive over Allura since he has a decent backstory that I wish was shown more so we could understand him betterII

I think its the best reboot in YEARS I didn't like the one that was made with CGI but this one is way better. The animation was very similar like I have seen it before and I found out the people behind Avatar the last air bender are behind this series reboot which is very good. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:21 AM

If every reboot were done with this much care, a lot more would be successful... (cough...Ghostbusters...cough). With the trend toward the original mythology this season, my hopes for this series are sky high! The involvement of some of the ATLAB team give yme some confidence that I won't be disappointed. I think the key is character development, character development, and more character development. With only 13 episodes, the need to stick with the current lineup and continue to delve deeper into everyone, visiting new worlds and having more adventures in the process. I also like the conservative use of Voltron. That way it's more exciting when it happens. My only remaining issue with the series is the lack of some variant on the original music. If Keith takes over and they even play three notes, I would probably get tears in my eyes. I'm pretty sure there are VHS tapes of me from 84 or 85 running around humming that tune. Anyone think that they might make Lotor 1/2 Altean and 1/2 Galran based on his original character design? That could make things interesting yet still with Keith and Allura.

#15 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

I think its the best reboot in YEARS I didn't like the one that was made with CGI but this one is way better. The animation was very similar like I have seen it before and I found out the people behind Avatar the last air bender are behind this series reboot which is very good. 

Do you mean Third Dimension? I only acknowledged it because some VA of the original returned lol Yes, animation is great! I was waiting for one so patiently and now I wait for the pairings while enjoying the story. I don't mind anything but tumblr got the toxic yaoi fandom

Joui Four

#16 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:24 AM

If every reboot were done with this much care, a lot more would be successful... (cough...Ghostbusters...cough). With the trend toward the original mythology this season, my hopes for this series are sky high! The involvement of some of the ATLAB team give yme some confidence that I won't be disappointed. I think the key is character development, character development, and more character development. With only 13 episodes, the need to stick with the current lineup and continue to delve deeper into everyone, visiting new worlds and having more adventures in the process. I also like the conservative use of Voltron. That way it's more exciting when it happens. My only remaining issue with the series is the lack of some variant on the original music. If Keith takes over and they even play three notes, I would probably get tears in my eyes. I'm pretty sure there are VHS tapes of me from 84 or 85 running around humming that tune. Anyone think that they might make Lotor 1/2 Altean and 1/2 Galran based on his original character design? That could make things interesting yet still with Keith and Allura.

I hope so!! Lotor had a great backstory when it involved his parents, I hope we get to know more of his mother. Also, I want to know about the past before the attack on Altea and how Allura and Coran ended up on the pods

Joui Four

#17 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

Do you mean Third Dimension? I only acknowledged it because some VA of the original returned lol Yes, animation is great! I was waiting for one so patiently and now I wait for the pairings while enjoying the story. I don't mind anything but tumblr got the toxic yaoi fandom

Yaoi fandom? You must be talking about Keith/Lance :facepalm:. Though I personally don't like gay pairings I see no problem with shipping it the problem is fans take it  a bit TOO FAR. I went to fanfiction.net wanting to check the stories because I wanted to read a good Allura/Keith story guess what? There ISN'T a single Allura/Keith story it was filled with Keith/Lance stories, secondary were Shiro/Allura followed by Coran/Allura (seriously this pairing is like pairing a grandfather with his granddaughter). Even with the producers of the show going with Keith/Allura the yaoi fandom of Keith/Lance has gotten so toxic its worst than cancer. Going to the Voltron LD fan fiction section is the worst mistake I've done in the new year...so far but I learned my lesson and I'm not setting my foot there ever again.

Edited by Gravenimage, 29 January 2017 - 12:16 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

Yaoi fandom? You must be talking about Keith/Lance :facepalm:. Though I personally don't like gay pairings I see no problem with shipping it the problem is fans take it  a bit TOO FAR. I went to fanfiction.net wanting to check the stories because I wanted to read a good Allura/Keith story guess what? There ISN'T a single Allura/Keith story it was filled with Keith/Lance stories, secondary were Shiro/Allura followed by Coran/Allura (seriously this pairing is like pairing a grandfather with his granddaughter). Even with the producers of the show going with Keith/Allura the yaoi fandom of Keith/Lance has gotten so toxic its worst than cancer. Going to the Voltron LD fan fiction section is the worst mistake I've done in the new year...so far but I learned my lesson and I'm not setting my foot there ever again.

Agree with this 100%. There's also a part of the fandom who keeps insisting Pidge is trans. I mean, it's one thing to headcanon someone's gender and sexuality, but another when Word of God has clarified and debunked the claim and yet they keep insisting on it.

Speaking of Pidge, I ship her with Lance , and despite what people hope out of Lotor, I'm actually hoping he goes after Pidge. Add Lance into the mix and you have a wacky love triangle going on. Imagine her being majorly creeped out with Lotor, then the one she runs to is always Lance, for some reason. If Lotor falls for Pidge, I am honestly hoping she'll somehow grow her hair out. It's a waste to hack off. That, and have Allura doll her up, and Lance just cannot form words and put the moves on her.

248793.jpg

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

Agree with this 100%. There's also a part of the fandom who keeps insisting Pidge is trans. I mean, it's one thing to headcanon someone's gender and sexuality, but another when Word of God has clarified and debunked the claim and yet they keep insisting on it.

Speaking of Pidge, I ship her with Lance , and despite what people hope out of Lotor, I'm actually hoping he goes after Pidge. Add Lance into the mix and you have a wacky love triangle going on. Imagine her being majorly creeped out with Lotor, then the one she runs to is always Lance, for some reason. If Lotor falls for Pidge, I am honestly hoping she'll somehow grow her hair out. It's a waste to hack off. That, and have Allura doll her up, and Lance just cannot form words and put the moves on her.

Seriously they think Pidge is a trans??? :wot: It was made pretty clear in the first season she's a girl. One thing is pretending to be a boy another is actually being one. This fandom has gotten out of hand I don't know what to say. Also yes I ship Pidge with Lance too these two will obviously become a thing. :hehehe:

Edited by Gravenimage, 29 January 2017 - 01:12 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

People are now shipping Lance with Lotor....I don't get it. I ship gay couples when its given to me and I know is headed in that direction, otherwise I usually don't care about it but now they show any amount of straights, they get ugly. Not even those who are actually homosexual get mad, its mostly fangirls who can't appreciate the relationships of every character and story that ruins the fun by going ship crazy

Joui Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users