157 replies to this topic

#41 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

Some underrated comebacks of this year so far:

That beautiful choreography! Each of the girls is a visual, lol.

People say it reminds them of Exo. I haven't listened to Exo enough, but I really like this song!

Edited by trang95, 22 February 2016 - 04:58 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#42 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

God damnit Taemin, how do you do that?! Those vocals, those visuals, those MOVES! Shinee's maknae is not to be toyed with!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#43 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

big bang is prob right now internationally the most popular kpop band next to exo. 2NE1 is also a force to be reckoned with. And yeah, if you like that song, check out fantastic baby.

Already did XD. It's amazing too.

God damnit Taemin, how do you do that?! Those vocals, those visuals, those MOVES! Shinee's maknae is not to be toyed with!

OMG!!! I FREAKING LOVE TAEMIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DRIP DROP SONG IS MY kitten RIGHT NOW!! I need to listen to Press Your Number >.<

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:16 PM

It takes me so much time to remember who's who XD But they are so great  :argh:

I don't think I heard that song, yet.. 

Are you talking about Apink? If so they're not a song They are a Girl Group. My favourite Kpop group currently, although I'd say Lovelyz falls in a close second

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 February 2016 - 06:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#45 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

Are you talking about Apink? If so they're not a song They are a Girl Group. My favourite Kpop group currently, although I'd say Lovelyz falls in a close second

Oh, I found out afterwards that it was a Group XD. I thought it was a song first...

#46 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Already did XD. It's amazing too.

OMG!!! I FREAKING LOVE TAEMIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DRIP DROP SONG IS MY kitten RIGHT NOW!! I need to listen to Press Your Number >.<

Taemin has made such an improvement though with his vocals since debut. He's basically on par with Onew now if you ask me.

But his moves though: Dat boy knows how to dance!

Press Your Number is also a good song. Bad Taemin :chuckle: Btw, making this MV was expensive. Very expensive. It was shot in LA.

I feel bad for Lovelyz. They had a rough start b/c of that scandal surrounding Jisoo.

What about boy groups?

Edited by trang95, 23 February 2016 - 08:55 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#47 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

Oh, I found out afterwards that it was a Group XD. I thought it was a song first...

Their song "Nonono" is catchy XD

Btw, Mamamoo is having their comeback in a few days!

Edited by trang95, 23 February 2016 - 09:24 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#48 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

Taemin has made such an improvement though with his vocals since debut. He's basically on par with Onew now if you ask me.

But his moves though: Dat boy knows how to dance!

Press Your Number is also a good song. Bad Taemin :chuckle: Btw, making this MV was expensive. Very expensive. It was shot in LA.

I feel bad for Lovelyz. They had a rough start b/c of that scandal surrounding Jisoo.

What about boy groups?

Taemin's moves are so so good!! I hope the album will do good in Korea  :excited:

The video looks expensive. Drip Drop almost look like a 360° video. 

Their song "Nonono" is catchy XD

Btw, Mamamoo is having their comeback in a few days!

Haven't heard anything from Apink yet ^_^ Might listen to them soon

oh, they are?? Is the song out?

#49 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

Taemin's moves are so so good!! I hope the album will do good in Korea  :excited:

The video looks expensive. Drip Drop almost look like a 360° video. 

Haven't heard anything from Apink yet ^_^ Might listen to them soon

oh, they are?? Is the song out?

I still need to listen to the entire album, but from the few songs I've heard so far, I'm very pleased.

It's out!

They also released a joke MV in which the members teased each other about their height XD XD XD

Fun Fact: Mamamoo's fandom name is "MooMoo." B/c the word "moo" sounds like raddish in Korea, there was a time fans always brought raddishes to the concert before the official lightsticks for Mamamoo were released (also in a form of a raddish). I swear, this fandom, lol.

Edited by trang95, 26 February 2016 - 10:10 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#50 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:42 PM

I still need to listen to the entire album, but from the few songs I've heard so far, I'm very pleased.

It's out!

They also released a joke MV in which the members teased each other about their height XD XD XD

Fun Fact: Mamamoo's fandom name is "MooMoo." B/c the word "moo" sounds like raddish in Korea, there was a time fans always brought raddishes to the concert before the official lightsticks for Mamamoo were released (also in a form of a raddish). I swear, this fandom, lol.

The song sounds good <3 I hope the song does well >.<

:lmao: Lmao, I would love to see their reaction to that :lmao:

Btw, who are you listening too (both bands and singers?) :)

#51 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Btw, what do you guys think about SM Entertainment? 

- cause every time I read about them it's always something bad. I don't know much about them, but in EXO there are like 3 Chinese members whom put a lawsuit against them to get out of the company (right now there's only Lay left, and he hasn't performed in a long time, because he is visiting his family in China. But some EXO fans are afraid that he'll leave too..).

I heard they weren't treating their members right. And many of the Chinese trainees were bullied..     

#52 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

It's been long but can I also comment? :P

Does Korea write/say Last name before First name, like in Japan?

I think their first name is the family name while the last name is their own name. And it stays like that, unlike Japan names that sometimes written reversed by foreigner in foreign mass media.

I guess it's an Asian thing... I'm Vietnamese, so my parents will also list the last name first.

My name doesn't have family name / last name :lol: Just name :headscratch:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#53 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

The song sounds good <3 I hope the song does well >.<

:lmao: Lmao, I would love to see their reaction to that :lmao:

Btw, who are you listening too (both bands and singers?) :)

The song is doing great! It's charting #1 right now, so they've just got their first all kill. Not sure if it is a PAK or not (I honestly have no idea what the exact definition is cause all the chart stuff is too complicate for me). This is a huge thing for Mamamoo as they are slowly but surely getting public recognition <3

If you wanna see their reaction to the radishes the fans brought, see this XD XD XD

And now the official lightstick for Mamamoo looks like this:
mammamoo%2Blightstick.jpg

I've got a lot of groups and solo singers I like. Sometimes I just like their personalities and watch their variety shows XD XD XD Not always do I like their music.

But yeah, when it comes to male groups I love: Super Junior (King of Variety, that is a fact), Infinite (also very funny), SHINee. Big Bang's music seems to be also very appealing to me. I still need to listen more to BTS. Also keeping an eye on Seventeen.

For female groups: Mamamoo is my favorite (obviously), 4 Minute (I ignore Hyuna's solos, she can't sing, she's meant to be a rapper), f(x), Red Velvet. Davichi is also nice.

For solo singers: Ailee (best female vocalist in Kpop, period), IU is sweet, Yoon Mirae/ Tasha (best female kpop rapper), SoHyang. I also just discovered Lee Hi XD, Hyolyn from Sistar, Uji from BESTie (best Beyonce covers)

Basically, KPop is awesome :P

Btw, what do you guys think about SM Entertainment? 

- cause every time I read about them it's always something bad. I don't know much about them, but in EXO there are like 3 Chinese members whom put a lawsuit against them to get out of the company (right now there's only Lay left, and he hasn't performed in a long time, because he is visiting his family in China. But some EXO fans are afraid that he'll leave too..).

I heard they weren't treating their members right. And many of the Chinese trainees were bullied..     

Oh yeah, about that... When you get into KPOP, there's no way you will not hear about SM and its supposed treatment towards its idols. Is the company really that awful? I don't know. I haven't really kept up with EXO so far. EXO fans should know better. But you know, there's Jessica from GG, Sulli from f(x), Hangeng from Super Junior, JYJ splitting from TVXQ etc, etc,... Each of them left for different reasons, some of them for personal reasons, others b/c of the slave contracts (seriously, 13 yrs, wtf is that kitten?!).

But then again, SM has some of the best vocalists in KPOP. Kyuhyun, Luna, Chen... And their MVs and music production are topnotch in my eyes. I have such a love-hate relationship with SM.

Fact is, that SM has a very hard grip over their idols. On youtube, all of the MVs are released collectively on one channel. You'd think that big groups such as SNSD, TVXQ, EXO, or Super Junior would have their own channel...

It's been long but can I also comment? :P

I think their first name is the family name while the last name is their own name. And it stays like that, unlike Japan names that sometimes written reversed by foreigner in foreign mass media.

My name doesn't have family name / last name :lol: Just name :headscratch:

Spanish speaking countries also have a different system when it comes to names. It's honestly confusing. Also include whether or not the woman is taking over the husband's last name or not. Different cultures, so here in the US it's frowned upon when the woman does not take over the husband's last name (which I don't see the big deal with). In Vietnam, wives keep their birth name. My mom and dad just happened to have the same last name XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#54 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

The song is doing great! It's charting #1 right now, so they've just got their first all kill. Not sure if it is a PAK or not (I honestly have no idea what the exact definition is cause all the chart stuff is too complicate for me). This is a huge thing for Mamamoo as they are slowly but surely getting public recognition <3
If you wanna see their reaction to the radishes the fans brought, see this XD XD XD

And now the official lightstick for Mamamoo looks like this:mammamoo%2Blightstick.jpg
I've got a lot of groups and solo singers I like. Sometimes I just like their personalities and watch their variety shows XD XD XD Not always do I like their music.
But yeah, when it comes to male groups I love: Super Junior (King of Variety, that is a fact), Infinite (also very funny), SHINee. Big Bang's music seems to be also very appealing to me. I still need to listen more to BTS. Also keeping an eye on Seventeen.
For female groups: Mamamoo is my favorite (obviously), 4 Minute (I ignore Hyuna's solos, she can't sing, she's meant to be a rapper), f(x), Red Velvet. Davichi is also nice.
For solo singers: Ailee (best female vocalist in Kpop, period), IU is sweet, Yoon Mirae/ Tasha (best female kpop rapper), SoHyang. I also just discovered Lee Hi XD, Hyolyn from Sistar, Uji from BESTie (best Beyonce covers)

Basically, KPop is awesome :P

Oh yeah, about that... When you get into KPOP, there's no way you will not hear about SM and its supposed treatment towards its idols. Is the company really that awful? I don't know. I haven't really kept up with EXO so far. EXO fans should know better. But you know, there's Jessica from GG, Sulli from f(x), Hangeng from Super Junior, JYJ splitting from TVXQ etc, etc,... Each of them left for different reasons, some of them for personal reasons, others b/c of the slave contracts (seriously, 13 yrs, wtf is that kitten?!).
But then again, SM has some of the best vocalists in KPOP. Kyuhyun, Luna, Chen... And their MVs and music production are topnotch in my eyes. I have such a love-hate relationship with SM.
Fact is, that SM has a very hard grip over their idols. On youtube, all of the MVs are released collectively on one channel. You'd think that big groups such as SNSD, TVXQ, EXO, or Super Junior would have their own channel...

Spanish speaking countries also have a different system when it comes to names. It's honestly confusing. Also include whether or not the woman is taking over the husband's last name or not. Different cultures, so here in the US it's frowned upon when the woman does not take over the husband's last name (which I don't see the big deal with). In Vietnam, wives keep their birth name. My mom and dad just happened to have the same last name XD

What's with those stick things? XD

#55 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

And now the official lightstick for Mamamoo looks like this:
mammamoo%2Blightstick.jpg

Mamamoo is winning a lot with the song right now!!! I'm proud of them!!!! I heard they were in the United States, but I don't know why..

Oh, and I watched their episode to "Weekly Idol", they even had radish with them XD

As for EXO 3 members (all Chinese) left. Kris, Luhan and Tao. I haven't kept up with why Kris left, but he's doing good now. Luhan left because of his health problems, and it seemed like SM didn't know what to do with him in the future. But Luhan is also doing great now! He'll be touring soon, with his new album. For Tao, well, I think it was health too. I heard it has something to do with his dad too..

SM have really great artists.. It's a shame if they treat them badly.

#56 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:22 PM

#57 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

Oh and anyone here listening/know Astro? I can't bellive their Maknae is the same age as me.. It's pretty young for an idol. But I guess there's many Kpop artists debuting at a young age now..

Edited by Mixer, 20 March 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#58 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:20 AM

Oh and anyone here listening/know Astro? I can't bellive their Maknae is the same age as me.. It's pretty young for an idol. But I guess there's many Kpop artists debuting at a young age now..

I've heard of them, but haven't listened into them yet.

Jesus, new idols are now oftentimes born post-2000. It won't be long, and most of the new idols are gonna be younger than me.

I like the song! It's too bad GOT7 seldomly does well digitally though.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#59 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:23 AM

Taeyeon's solo album from last year is honestly gold in my eyes (or ears). I prefer the single " U R" a lot more than the lead single "I."

But the cinematography for "I" is absolutely gorgeous. Shot in New Zealand after all.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#60 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:25 AM

What's with those stick things? XD

Lightsticks :D Mamamoo just has really unique ones, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, pop, hip hop, south korea, synchronized dancing, idols, plastic surgeries, growing popularity, variety shows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users