157 replies to this topic

#21 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

Ohhh, and does anyone here listen to BTS?

I just found out about them! " I Need U" and "Run" are dope songs, lol. No wonder they are considered EXO's rivals.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#22 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

I just found out about them! " I Need U" and "Run" are dope songs, lol. No wonder they are considered EXO's rivals.

Just started listening to them too. Well, Exo and BTS are both great boy groups, so it's no surprise, lol.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Just started listening to them too. Well, Exo and BTS are both great boy groups, so it's no surprise, lol.

I'll prob check out BTS's album in the future, lol. I heard they also sing Japanese songs a lot, unlike Exo that focuses on chinese with the M-unit.

I know Rap Monster already though. He apparently has a very high IQ, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#24 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

Does Korea write/say Last name before First name, like in Japan?  

I'll prob check out BTS's album in the future, lol. I heard they also sing Japanese songs a lot, unlike Exo that focuses on chinese with the M-unit.

I know Rap Monster already though. He apparently has a very high IQ, lol.

I just heard Run and I need U, both are good!! 

#25 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

Does Korea write/say Last name before First name, like in Japan?  

I just heard Run and I need U, both are good!! 

I think so. At least that's what I've noticed from the variety shows that I've watched.

I think watching the actual live performances is 100X better. Their dancing is just superb. And yeah, love those two songs.

Do you think I should retitle this thread to the JPop and KPop thread? It'd be nice to talk about both genres in the same thread to learn more about the other.

Edited by trang95, 11 February 2016 - 05:45 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#26 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

I think so. At least that's what I've noticed from the variety shows that I've watched.

I think watching the actual live performances is 100X better. Their dancing is just superb. And yeah, love those two songs.

Do you think I should retitle this thread to the JPop and KPop thread? It'd be nice to talk about both genres in the same thread to learn more about the other.

I see. Just want to know that, since I saw their last names before first names on Wiki.

Oddly enough, I haven't heard any Kpop live performances... But some BTS members are dancers, so they must be good :excited:

Yes!! I think you should retitle (but it's up to you :D). But I don't know how many members here listen to Jpop DX. But I can come with some suggestions for Jpop (but I just recently started listen to it, so I'm not an expert XD)

#27 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:37 PM

I see. Just want to know that, since I saw their last names before first names on Wiki.

Oddly enough, I haven't heard any Kpop live performances... But some BTS members are dancers, so they must be good :excited:

Yes!! I think you should retitle (but it's up to you :D). But I don't know how many members here listen to Jpop DX. But I can come with some suggestions for Jpop (but I just recently started listen to it, so I'm not an expert XD)

I guess it's an Asian thing... I'm Vietnamese, so my parents will also list the last name first.

I mean, most of the girl and boy groups with have one main dancer and one lead dancer, but they all should know how to dance to not wear the others down.

Shinee live is also glorrious. It's amazing what they pulled of in "Everybody" live!

Lol, me neither. I really just know the bands that have sung certain openings and endings XD

Edited by trang95, 11 February 2016 - 07:38 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#28 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

I guess it's an Asian thing... I'm Vietnamese, so my parents will also list the last name first.

I mean, most of the girl and boy groups with have one main dancer and one lead dancer, but they all should know how to dance to not wear the others down.

Shinee live is also glorrious. It's amazing what they pulled of in "Everybody" live!

Lol, me neither. I really just know the bands that have sung certain openings and endings XD

Oh, I don't think we list our last names first. 

Okay. BTS are amazing live!! Korean live performers have such a pretty set-up for their Performs  :excited:  

Shinee are good too (haven't heard music from them). 

Same here XD. Openings and Endings from anime lead me into a band or performer XD

#29 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

Oh, I don't think we list our last names first. 

Okay. BTS are amazing live!! Korean live performers have such a pretty set-up for their Performs  :excited:  

Shinee are good too (haven't heard music from them). 

Same here XD. Openings and Endings from anime lead me into a band or performer XD

Never mind, lol...

Whenever a group makes a comeback, they do like tons of those live performances to promote their new Album or EP. Same should go for Japanese idols I assume.

I'd say SHINee are one of the best groups from SM. They kind of are like Seniors, having debuted in 2008 already (they were so young!)... Yeah, Exo and BTS are really young. Not rookies, but the idols I love have been out for some time now, lol.

I guess the few bands I've activelly listened to were Flower and 7!! oops or so.

Can't change the name of the thread. I'll have to ask the mods XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#30 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:10 AM

Red Velvet's Christmas song "Wish Tree" got an MV! While it wasn't directed by SM itself but a winner from one of their competitions, it is a meaningful step in the country's music branch to release an MV with homosexual tendencies.

Being friendzoned sucks ass.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#31 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

I love 4minute, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#32 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

So one of the Japanese bands I'm listen too right now is One Ok Rock (They are more like a Jrock band XD)

Well, last year they've been in the United States to record an English album (and they meet 5SOS!!) But this is currently my favorite song from them: 

#33 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

Never mind, lol...

Whenever a group makes a comeback, they do like tons of those live performances to promote their new Album or EP. Same should go for Japanese idols I assume.

I'd say SHINee are one of the best groups from SM. They kind of are like Seniors, having debuted in 2008 already (they were so young!)... Yeah, Exo and BTS are really young. Not rookies, but the idols I love have been out for some time now, lol.

I guess the few bands I've activelly listened to were Flower and 7!! oops or so.

Can't change the name of the thread. I'll have to ask the mods XD

The BTS members are between 18 to around 20. Which's pretty young, since they are so famous already >.<

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

yaaay!! So, I only listened to Kpop awhile ago, and I only listened to the well known ones: Girls generation, Exo etc.

One of my favorite songs by SNSD^^

I think I first really heard Kpop when I heard about Jessica (I think) left SNSD. Tbh, I can't their names xD 

I'm a former fan. :wink: Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyo Yeon, Yuri, Soo Young, Yoona, Seo hyun.Well now Jessica is a former member.

Me? my fave is Apink :D  :w00t:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#35 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

I'm a former fan. :wink: Taeyeon, Sunny, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyo Yeon, Yuri, Soo Young, Yoona, Seo hyun.Well now Jessica is a former member.

Me? my fave is Apink :D  :w00t:

It takes me so much time to remember who's who XD But they are so great  :argh:

I don't think I heard that song, yet.. 

#36 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

It takes me so much time to remember who's who XD But they are so great  :argh:

I don't think I heard that song, yet.. 

That was their title track from their EP in 2014. You know, the last EP before Jessica left... (I really wanna know why she left).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#37 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

That was their title track from their EP in 2014. You know, the last EP before Jessica left... (I really wanna know why she left).

Ohhh, lol. I didn't listen to their music that time Jessica left, but it was all over tumblr.. 

#38 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

Ohhh, lol. I didn't listen to their music that time Jessica left, but it was all over tumblr.. 

Same here. On that day, Jessica's face popped up all over my tumblr. A girl I know was literally wearing black b/c she was so depressed that her favorite member as left :sweat:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#39 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

I finally heard a song by BigBang (and I freaking love it!!!!). I heard really many things about GDragon, and tbh I understand why he's popular. 

This is such a great song from them----^^

#40 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Yup
I finally heard a song by BigBang (and I freaking love it!!!!). I heard really many things about GDragon, and tbh I understand why he's popular. 

This is such a great song from them----^^

big bang is prob right now internationally the most popular kpop band next to exo. 2NE1 is also a force to be reckoned with. And yeah, if you like that song, check out fantastic baby.

Edited by trang95, 22 February 2016 - 04:52 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, pop, hip hop, south korea, synchronized dancing, idols, plastic surgeries, growing popularity, variety shows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users