• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Most 90s kids love this show. I still catch it on TeenNick some nights. We used to have a very strong presences on deviantart just two years ago.

I try to catch it on TeenNick when I can, usually it's a bit too late for me though  :cry:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

I try to catch it on TeenNick when I can, usually it's a bit too late for me though  :cry:

One of these days I'm going to buy the DVDs. At the moment I have a few good episodes DVRed. Sadly they never play the April Fools episode and it's one of my favorites.

#23 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Arnold-and-Helga-arnold-and-helga-186296

More Helga and Arnold! I miss then 90s.

Edited by Tiller, 07 December 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#24 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

Arnold-and-Helga-arnold-and-helga-186296

More Helga and Arnold! I miss then 90s.

can see the pic.

#25 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

I know people are down today, so maybe a bit of a laugh from a show where the hero and heroine did end up together would be fun for people to see right now.

To bad the Jungle Movie never happened, we would have seen Arnold return her feelings and kiss Helga. Long live Arnold and Helga!

#26 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

One of the times Arnold showed he cared for Helga even if he didn't know it yet. From the Episode Arnold Visits Arnie.

Hey+Anrold.gif

#27 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

You see Kishi? Craig Bartlett knew how to develop a couple unlike you.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Lol. Kishi would've had Arnold and Lila get together, despite all the development between Arnold and Helga. He'd then handwave Helga's feelings as simply being intentionally misleading.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#29 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Lol. Kishi would've had Arnold and Lila get together, despite all the development between Arnold and Helga. He'd then handwave Helga's feelings as simply being intentionally misleading.

Arnold would have only been interested in Helga because he was competing with Gerald... or something XD

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#30 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Arnold would have only been interested in Helga because he was competing with Gerald... or something XD

I'm guessing Iggy would fill that role sense Iggy was Arnold's only real rival/enemy.

Stupid links. Fine not fan art today some canon image then.

helga_y_arnold_by_gwentdi-d3ez6h2.jpg

Edited by Tiller, 07 December 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

I'm guessing Iggy would fill that role sense Iggy was Arnold's only real rival/enemy.

More fan art! This one comes from the premise of the spinoff we never got, The Patakis!

Someone-arnold-and-helga-18610985-848-10

Meh, I was just coming up with something on the fly anyways XD

BTW I think your photo needs to be relinked.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

Today's Hey Arnold! pic comes from the episode "Marriage". This specific pictures comes from Helga's dream, where she dreams about being Married to Arnold... well she is also President of the US. lol

hey-arnold-adult.jpg

Edited by Tiller, 08 December 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#33 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Well I don't know how interested you guys are in this still, but for now I'll keep it going. :-)

Today's image comes from the episode "Arnold's Valentine" where Arnold realizes he doesn't really love Ruth, and starts to have feelings for "Cecil", who is Helga in disguise where she doesn't have her walls up and just acts like herself towards him.

tumblr_n0zs9qGMcm1ryv579o1_250.gif

#34 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

Well even though there still doesn't seem to be much interest. I'll keep posting pics a bit longer. lol

Here for your enjoyment is one of my favoirte characters. Dino Spumoni! Spumoni would appear from time to time in the Arnold universe, and the two shared a close relationship. Story wise Dino is heavily be based on Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

dinocoolofficial.gif

#35 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

As we go down our countdown to the Holidays, here's a question for the Hey Arnold fandom. Anyone ever wonder why a tomboy like Helga would constantly wear a pink bow and pink dress over the years?

Nice_bow.gif

hey-arnold-helga-umbrella.gif

hey-arnold-young.jpg

tumblr_mc2e9qWDlZ1rv5hpwo1_400.gif

tumblr_lr2wnxmscq1qgebm1o2_r1_500.gif

It's because of Arnold of course. :-D

In fact in The Patakis Helga was still going to wear her bow for Arnold... she'd just hide it from everyone else under her hat. Her bow is really a sign of her love for the boy who was kind to her first in her life, even when her own family ignored her.

Edited by Tiller, 13 December 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#36 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

Sorry for not posting. I forgot to check this out.

I love those pictures you posted. Een though this was a kid's show Craig Bartlett knew how to develop romance. Although I was a little sad Arnold and Helga were not shown to be together on screen. However, I've read many great fanfics where The Jungle Movie was written out. :) So that makes up for it.

Thanks for posting all these. They remind you of your childhood.

#37 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

Sorry for not posting. I forgot to check this out.

I love those pictures you posted. Een though this was a kid's show Craig Bartlett knew how to develop romance. Although I was a little sad Arnold and Helga were not shown to be together on screen. However, I've read many great fanfics where The Jungle Movie was written out. :) So that makes up for it.

Thanks for posting all these. They remind you of your childhood.

Glad your enjoying it! Their has been many great fanfictions/fanarts/fan comics made around what Craig has said would be in the Jungle Movie over the years. Especially the kiss of  that movie where Arnold would admit his feelings for Helga.

http://hasavethejung...scene-179110795

One of my favorite fan arts about the Jungle Movie made by KasuKAPL.

For today's picture I give you a scene from the episode where the class goes to the opera and see's Carmen. Helga falls asleep and of course starts dreaming about Arnold, or maybe it's more correct to say their dreams somehow interact with each other. Arnold even gets jealous when Curly seemingly steals Helga from him like in the opera Carmen.

tumblr_lihbvmhP2J1qccm57o1_500.gif

Edited by Tiller, 13 December 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#38 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

arnold and helga so nostalgic 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#39 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

arnold and helga so nostalgic 

The whole series is great! One of the strengths of the story is just how realistic the characters are. Every character is shown with strength and weakness, and with the main cast we usually learn why they act the way they are. Even though the show was sitcom structued in the sense that it often went back to normal at the end of every episode, nether the less the character growth stayed and arcs were actually created.

It's simple story telling honestly, but it leads to a huge payoff. You have stories with flawed characters living together and experiencing really human emotions... all in a story directed towards kids.

tumblr_lly30k3waC1qgfe3m.gif

Friendship

tumblr_m6g4wq6BS51ql5sueo1_500.gif

Sadness

tumblr_n7j543qch31ql0375o2_500.gif

Anger

hey-arnold-chocolate.jpg

Desperation

hey-arnold-o.gif

Love

tumblr_lgf0jpi4U81qfqa3so1_500.gif

Fear

Hell all kind of emotions actually shown from the perspective of realistic characters. A rarity nowadays.

#40 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

The whole series is great! One of the strengths of the story is just how realistic the characters are. Every character is shown with strength and weakness, and with the main cast we usually learn why they act the way they are. Even though the show was sitcom structued in the sense that it often went back to normal at the end of every episode, nether the less the character growth stayed and arcs were actually created.

It's simple story telling honestly, but it leads to a huge payoff. You have stories with flawed characters living together and experiencing really human emotions... all in a story directed towards kids.

tumblr_lly30k3waC1qgfe3m.gif

Friendship

tumblr_m6g4wq6BS51ql5sueo1_500.gif

Sadness

tumblr_n7j543qch31ql0375o2_500.gif

Anger

hey-arnold-chocolate.jpg

Desperation

hey-arnold-o.gif

Love

tumblr_lgf0jpi4U81qfqa3so1_500.gif

Fear

Hell all kind of emotions actually shown from the perspective of realistic characters. A rarity nowadays.

yeah every character was good except one lila to me she was annoyingalways acting so perfect there was a time where i almost put her in the same boat as hinata no lie but then i thought it would be to harsh besides hinata is one of the most pathetic female characters ever created

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users