• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

I take it LID wants to see how Minnesota does against USC. That should be interesting too.

Yep. I am hopeful but I'm not predicting a victory there. It would be nice if at the least Minnesota can stay competitive. The new coach Jerry Kill, from what I've seen looks like a great fit, so even if he can keep the score from being to far apart wouldn't be to bad for his first game considering where and who he's playing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#22 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

AP Poll headed into week 3.

1 Oklahoma (31) 1-0
2 Alabama (10) 2-0
3 LSU (17) 2-0
4 Boise State (2) 1-0
5 Florida State 2-0
6 Stanford 2-0
7 Wisconsin 2-0
8 Oklahoma State 2-0
9 Texas A&M 1-0
10 South Carolina 2-0
11 Nebraska 2-0
12 Oregon 1-1
13 Virginia Tech 2-0
14 Arkansas 2-0
15 Michigan State 2-0
16 Florida 2-0
17 Ohio State 2-0
18 West Virginia 2-0
19 Baylor 1-0
20 South Florida 2-0
21 Auburn 2-0
22 Arizona State 2-0
23 TCU 1-1
23 Texas 2-0
25 Mississippi State

Thought Minnesota might do well after having an okay performance against USC, then we got destroyed by New Mexico State and our coach had a seizure arg.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#23 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

I'd talk about how Mizzou will be a member of the SEC East effective July 1st 2012, but we have a bigger issue.

THE PENN STATE SCANDAL

Simply Put, This is Horrid and Sick. And it might, or will destroy the Administration at Penn State. And Joe Paterno is going to go down with it.

The Legacy is under threat:

http://www.washingto...XmvM_story.html

Edited by Insurrection, 08 November 2011 - 03:43 AM.

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

No posts here for a while! lol

Well major change in the NCAA football world. BCS is dead, welcome to a four team play off

No. 1 will play No. 4, and No. 2 will play No. 3 on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. The sites of those games will rotate among the four current BCS bowls -- Rose, Orange, Fiesta and Sugar -- and two more to be determined.

The winners will advance to the championship on the first Monday in January that is six or more days after the last semifinal. The first championship Monday is set for Jan. 12, 2015.

The site of the title game will move around the way the Super Bowl does, with cities bidding for the right to host.

The teams will be selected by a committee, similar to the way the NCAA basketball tournament field is set. The men's tournament has 68 teams, and 37 at-large bids.

I like the idea of having a playoff now. I'm figuring most years though the four teams will be from the PAC, the SEC, the Big 10 and the Big 12

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jun 27 2012, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No posts here for a while! lol

Well major change in the NCAA football world. BCS is dead, welcome to a four team play off

No. 1 will play No. 4, and No. 2 will play No. 3 on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. The sites of those games will rotate among the four current BCS bowls -- Rose, Orange, Fiesta and Sugar -- and two more to be determined.

The winners will advance to the championship on the first Monday in January that is six or more days after the last semifinal. The first championship Monday is set for Jan. 12, 2015.

The site of the title game will move around the way the Super Bowl does, with cities bidding for the right to host.

The teams will be selected by a committee, similar to the way the NCAA basketball tournament field is set. The men's tournament has 68 teams, and 37 at-large bids.

I like the idea of having a playoff now. I'm figuring most years though the four teams will be from the PAC, the SEC, the Big 10 and the Big 12

Starts 2014.

So..............

SMU (my alma mater) went through all that for one year of potential automatic qualification (2013). They have earned the right at one shot at an auto BCS bid in exchange for getting it's butt kicked in basketball year after year (they were punching bags in CUSA in basketball, they'll be destroyed in the Big East).

Well...we did hire Larry Brown, I guess.

#26 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Boise State is headed to the Big East too I think.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#27 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Here we go everyone! 2013 NCAA Football season is upon us! O_O

Here is the first poll from USA Today

1    Alabama (58)
2    Ohio State
3    Oregon    
4    Stanford    
5    Georgia    
6    Texas A&M
7    South Carolina    
8    Clemson    
9    Louisville    
10    Florida    
11    Notre Dame    
12    Florida State    
13    LSU    
14    Oklahoma State    
15    Texas    
16    Oklahoma    
17    Michigan    
18    Nebraska    
19    Boise State    
20    TCU    
21    UCLA    
22    Northwestern    
23    Wisconsin    
24    USC    
25    Oregon State  

What do you expect from your favorite NCAA team this year?

As a Gopher fan, I think Minnesota will take another step forward. At best go 8-4 and get a good bowl game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#28 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm an NC State Wolfpack fan. Been that way before my obsession with wolves started. Sadly, I don't expect too much from my team this year, given they have a new coaching staff. I pray they break even with the W/L ratio, making a bowl would be kinda nice.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#29 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm an NC State Wolfpack fan. Been that way before my obsession with wolves started. Sadly, I don't expect too much from my team this year, given they have a new coaching staff. I pray they break even with the W/L ratio, making a bowl would be kinda nice.

Yeah coaching changes can always be pain. Although, Brady Hoke proved that a new coach can pull off good first seasons.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#30 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yeah coaching changes can always be pain. Although, Brady Hoke proved that a new coach can pull off good first seasons

Well maybe. I wish I knew more about there new coach, Dave Doeren.  :shrug: Heck, he might end up suprising me this year. I can only hope for the best, right.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

The first ESPN Saturday Night Game of the Week is Georgia vs Clemson

ESPN Promo Video

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Literally been 2 years since the last post here...whatevs, CFB is back, thank god for Windows 10!

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

Literally been 2 years since the last post here...whatevs, CFB is back, thank god for Windows 10!

Yeah I'm excited. The Golden Gophers lost Thursday night but they played TCU tough so that's encouraging. Hopefully Minnesota can win the Big Ten West this year.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

Yeah I'm excited. The Golden Gophers lost Thursday night but they played TCU tough so that's encouraging. Hopefully Minnesota can win the Big Ten West this year.

It's possible that they compete for the division title, but I'm not sure that they'll beat out Wisconsin. Nebraska has a chance to be pretty good as well, depending on their coaching. It might be a tough season going through them.

EXL5X4B.png

#35 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

It's possible that they compete for the division title, but I'm not sure that they'll beat out Wisconsin. Nebraska has a chance to be pretty good as well, depending on their coaching. It might be a tough season going through them.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. It will be a tough, bumpy roads. So what games are people watching now? I have Stanford vs Northwestern on right now.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#36 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. It will be a tough, bumpy roads. So what games are people watching now? I have Stanford vs Northwestern on right now.

I'm watching the same. I can't wait for the Bama game, I'll be watching that along side the FSU game.

EXL5X4B.png

#37 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

So Virginia Tech was leading Ohio State at the half, but then Braxton Miller was set loose. Buckeyes up 35-17 as of this post.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#38 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

I hope Kentucky beats South Carolina Today.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#39 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

^lol

EXL5X4B.png

#40 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

Anyone watching this Michigan vs Oregon St game? Wolverines struggling a bit but it's still close.

===================================

3rd Quarter update***** Michigan has taken control. They haven't looked too bad here in the second half.

I'm looking forward to Minnesota vs Colorado State. Time to bounce back from TCU!

Edited by Lid, 12 September 2015 - 06:30 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users