Not leaving, Left. :mellow: Did you finish Berseria's story? :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#322 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Not leaving, Left. :mellow: Did you finish Berseria's story? :smile:

he did?!! When?

Not yet....xD Took my time crying over dlc first lol

Edited by RyohkiFan, 24 February 2017 - 03:27 PM.

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#323 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Since the start of February

#324 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:23 AM

Since the start of February

Is it true? Did Baba really left Bandai Namco?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#325 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

Yup. Started a new co-op project with Square Enix I heard

#326 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Yup. Started a new co-op project with Square Enix I heard

Oh man I don't know what to say about this. Baba was the mastermind behind the Tales of series. I think this risks Bandai Namco's future and any future Tales games. But whatever project he has with square its definitely something great.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#327 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

Oh man I don't know what to say about this. Baba was the mastermind behind the Tales of series. I think this risks Bandai Namco's future and any future Tales games. But whatever project he has with square its definitely something great.

Not really, he became producer around Graces time, he was responsible for mostly Xillia/Xillia 2 and Zestiria (I forgot others) he barely had anything to do with Berseria, so I think it will be fine. I feel bad for him but I understand why people were mad at him because Zestiria wasn't good in many aspects...that gameplay...aggravated me...

Joui Four

#328 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

Hmm, could you tell me the reasons you hated the game ?" I just want to know because My Brother loved the game and I haven't played it yet :smile:

#329 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

Not really, he became producer around Graces time, he was responsible for mostly Xillia/Xillia 2 and Zestiria (I forgot others) he barely had anything to do with Berseria, so I think it will be fine. I feel bad for him but I understand why people were mad at him because Zestiria wasn't good in many aspects...that gameplay...aggravated me...

For me it was the battle system, the fact the characters didn't increase their max HP whenever they level up, the annoying armor and weapon upgrading system never understood how it works, the story was decent and the characters were good. People are still arguing about the whole thing with Sorey/Micleo that they're in love. :roll:

Edited by Gravenimage, 27 February 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#330 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

Hmm, could you tell me the reasons you hated the game ?" I just want to know because My Brother loved the game and I haven't played it yet :smile:

For me Zesteria was boring, there was nothing wrong with the game mechanics and played well enough, but it lacked the charm of other Tales games, though this might have changed later, but for me the game didn't stand out much, and it was the first game I gave up on within the first few hours, which is why I was surprised from all their games Zesteria was the one that got an actual anime.

If you are relatively new to the series there is nothing wrong with Zesteria, but when you've played the previous games in the series you can't help but feel disappointed, which is a shame as the game had freaking Dragons...how can they make a game with dragons so bloody boring?

iAnby7W.gif

#331 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

For me it was the battle system, the fact the characters didn't increase their max HP whenever they level up, the annoying armor and weapon upgrading system never understood how it works, the story was decent and the characters were good. People are still arguing about the whole thing with Sorey/Micleo that they're in love. :roll:

I found the story boring in Zestiria which is strange considering the plot is related to Berseria but Zestiria didn't necessarily gave me a moment that felt "OH MY" kinda feel (I get surprised easily) plus the characters didn't also had much impact to the plot except Mikleo and some with their backstory since they're seraph, the villian is forgettable and didn't reall had presence. I agree with the gameplay...I forgot about sidequests in the game too, were there any? I didn't pay much attention...I don't know how I didn't xD I think Baba made it worse with the excuses he used in the interviews.

Joui Four

#332 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

For me Zesteria was boring, there was nothing wrong with the game mechanics and played well enough, but it lacked the charm of other Tales games, though this might have changed later, but for me the game didn't stand out much, and it was the first game I gave up on within the first few hours, which is why I was surprised from all their games Zesteria was the one that got an actual anime.

If you are relatively new to the series there is nothing wrong with Zesteria, but when you've played the previous games in the series you can't help but feel disappointed, which is a shame as the game had freaking Dragons...how can they make a game with dragons so bloody boring?

Symphonia, Abyss, Phantasia have anime and Vesperia got a movie. Though they were just the gist of it...did Eternia got an anime???

I agree with you though, I still think the gameplay was bad mostly for the limitations it gave. I honestly was hoping for a Vesperia anime but I think they want to fix the problems with Zestiria which is why it got an anime. I really wanted a Vesperia anime but Funimation might change the voices if they got it..

Joui Four

#333 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:30 PM

Symphonia, Abyss, Phantasia have anime and Vesperia got a movie. Though they were just the gist of it...did Eternia got an anime???

I agree with you though, I still think the gameplay was bad mostly for the limitations it gave. I honestly was hoping for a Vesperia anime but I think they want to fix the problems with Zestiria which is why it got an anime. I really wanted a Vesperia anime but Funimation might change the voices if they got it..

Yeah but Symphonia and Abyss had a much better story, (not sure about Phantasia,) and Vesperia got a prequel movie, that added to the plot of the game, not just rehash it.  That was the last game that got a anime, Zesteria on the other hand got a hour long special at launch, then got a prequel before the anime started and a 24 part series. That is allot considering how the game is considered by many fans as the low point of the series.

It also apparently had quite a bit of controversy surrounding it, with many fans believing that Baba had changed the role of Alisha and increased Rose's role because he had a thing for the VA of Rose, allegedly. The VA for Rose was also made to apolagise for I think the poor story at a Tales festival, which angered fans, as they thought it was disrespectful to make a VA to the dirty work of the producer...so it's quite a surprise seeing it get a anime.

I would like to know though, if the anime follows the game, or is deviates from it. As again there was talk online that the anime would follow the path the writers originally wanted to go when the game was announced, with Alisha staying with the party and not buggering off after a few hours.

I would love a Vesperia anime, though I agree I'm not sure if Funimation would be able to hire Troy Baker to reprise the role of Yuri, I'm guessing his wage demands would be a bit higher than it was nine years ago when he was a relative unknown. I remember playing Vesperia and Final Fantasy Xiii, and hating the voice of Snow, then my surprise when I found my favourite and least favourite dubbed character being voiced by the same person

iAnby7W.gif

#334 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Yeah but Symphonia and Abyss had a much better story, (not sure about Phantasia,) and Vesperia got a prequel movie, that added to the plot of the game, not just rehash it.  That was the last game that got a anime, Zesteria on the other hand got a hour long special at launch, then got a prequel before the anime started and a 24 part series. That is allot considering how the game is considered by many fans as the low point of the series.

It also apparently had quite a bit of controversy surrounding it, with many fans believing that Baba had changed the role of Alisha and increased Rose's role because he had a thing for the VA of Rose, allegedly. The VA for Rose was also made to apolagise for I think the poor story at a Tales festival, which angered fans, as they thought it was disrespectful to make a VA to the dirty work of the producer...so it's quite a surprise seeing it get a anime.

I would like to know though, if the anime follows the game, or is deviates from it. As again there was talk online that the anime would follow the path the writers originally wanted to go when the game was announced, with Alisha staying with the party and not buggering off after a few hours.

I would love a Vesperia anime, though I agree I'm not sure if Funimation would be able to hire Troy Baker to reprise the role of Yuri, I'm guessing his wage demands would be a bit higher than it was nine years ago when he was a relative unknown. I remember playing Vesperia and Final Fantasy Xiii, and hating the voice of Snow, then my surprise when I found my favourite and least favourite dubbed character being voiced by the same person

The whole Rose and Alisha thing is true, Baba tried to say that it was order of appearance to make the fans happy but that didn't work which I understand, you announce Alisha as the main girl when the game was announce and the last one to appear is Rose, then the game reveals that Alisha isn't even around a lot and stuff. Honestly, he just did Zestiria bad and try to excuse it when I felt he shouldn't have but that's it, I don't think he ruined the franchise, just didn't had really hit the mark.

I think Troy Baker and Sam Riegal would come back but its the others I would worry about...

Edited by RyohkiFan, 28 February 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Joui Four

#335 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

The whole Rose and Alisha thing is true, Baba tried to say that it was order of appearance to make the fans happy but that didn't work which I understand, you announce Alisha as the main girl when the game was announce and the last one to appear is Rose, then the game reveals that Alisha isn't even around a lot and stuff. Honestly, he just did Zestiria bad and try to excuse it when I felt he shouldn't have but that's it, I don't think he ruined the franchise, just didn't had really hit the mark.

I think Troy Baker and Sam Riegal would come back but its the others I would worry about...

Well Troy and Sam voiced their rightful characters in the movie" The First Strike" I'm sure they would like to voice them again in the anime but I'm sure their wages would demand more money than their original wage when they first voiced the characters during the game. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#336 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

Well those are the main two, they already changed the VA for Estelle in the english dub (shame really as the original VA had her character down to a T, the rest of the cast could be replaced,...then again who cares about the English dub? As long as they get the Japanese cast back, I don't care, I want to hear Mia (Juvia from FT) as Estelle and whoever played Yuri (I think it was the VA who plays Sai or Kiba) reprise their role, despite never hearing the Japanese dub in the first place.

iAnby7W.gif

#337 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Well those are the main two, they already changed the VA for Estelle in the english dub (shame really as the original VA had her character down to a T, the rest of the cast could be replaced,...then again who cares about the English dub? As long as they get the Japanese cast back, I don't care, I want to hear Mia (Juvia from FT) as Estelle and whoever played Yuri (I think it was the VA who plays Sai or Kiba) reprise their role, despite never hearing the Japanese dub in the first place.

I care about dub....I like dub...lol Most likely the JP va will return, I really want to see an anime q.q

Joui Four

#338 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

I care about dub....I like dub...lol Most likely the JP va will return, I really want to see an anime q.q

For games I can handle Dubs if done well (or in the case of Pokemon grew up with the dub) but for animes, I prefer the subbed version, the original source is usually much better, as they have the advantage of a bigger budget and a much larger (and in most cases better) pool of talent to select from, let's be realistic, VA is Japan are actors who trained to be VA's, where most VA's in the west are actors who have struggled to gain steady employment on the small and/or big screen, or are former celebs who no longer get regular work on the big screen,

Edited by harry4e, 07 March 2017 - 09:52 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#339 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:29 AM

For games I can handle Dubs if done well (or in the case of Pokemon grew up with the dub) but for animes, I prefer the subbed version, the original source is usually much better, as they have the advantage of a bigger budget and a much larger (and in most cases better) pool of talent to select from, let's be realistic, VA is Japan are actors who trained to be VA's, where most VA's in the west are actors who have struggled to gain steady employment on the small and/or big screen, or are former celebs who no longer get regular work on the big screen,

I don't know about that but many of the English VA's from the tales of series have voiced characters from many famous anime and here are a lists of the VA's I think they've done a great job voicing some of my fav Tales of characters. 

Johnny Bosh voiced Guy (Abyss) and Emil (Dawn of the New World). In anime he's well known for voicing Vash the Stampeded Trigun. In the early days of his career he was Adam the Black Ranger who replaced Zack the original Black Ranger in the original series of the Power Rangers. He also became different rangers throughout the many series. 

Yuri Lowenthai- voiced Luke and Ash (Abyss) in anime he's well known for voicing Sasuke from Naruto. 

Laura Bailey- voiced Martha (Dawn of the New World) and Cheria (Graces) In anime she has voiced so MANY characters as well as video game characters. I guess she's most known for voicing Lust Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood. 

Travis Wilingham- voiced Gaius (Xillia and Xillia 2) in anime he's most known for voicing Roy Mustang Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood. 

Kate Higgins- voiced Pascal (Graces) in anime she's most known for voicing Sakura from Naruto. 

Brina Palencia- voiced Elle (Xillia 2) and Teressa (Berseria). In anime she's most known for voicing Juvia from Fairy Tail. 

Alexis Tipton- voiced Alisha (Zestiria) it's hard to say what she's most known in anime since she has voiced many characters. 

Caitlin Glass- voiced Rose (Zestiria) she has also voiced many anime characters. 

Troy Baker- voiced Yuri (Vesperia) in anime he's most known for voicing Greed Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. 

Sam Riegel- voiced Flynn (Vesperia) and Jude (Xillia and Xillia 2) not sure if he has voiced anime characters. 

Minae Noji- voiced Milla (Xillia and Xillia 2) she voiced both the Japanese and English voice of the character which I think it's the first time a Jap actress voices both languages at least for a Tales character. 

Cristina Valenzuela- voiced Velvet (Berseria) probably my favorite female VA in a Tales game. She did an awesome job voicing Velvet. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#340 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

Milla had a different JP VA...but I feel like it did happen with someone though...

I overall enjoy the dub of video games and anime alike, it usually depends on the performance, I understand the whole Japanese better than the dub kinda thing and late dubbing has been lacking compare to before (mostly since its just been Funimation dubbing everything) doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable. I don't care about their lives and I don't expect the character to sound identical to the Japanese, I just want a solid performance and that's it. I have a bitterness to Funimation lately if you couldn't tell lol

Joui Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users