Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#39961 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

It is basically how I see the relationship between the big three in a nutshell.

It really is one hell of a complicated love triangle for sure. I know with an idea I've had as an old fanfic I haven't worked on in YEARS but wanna try to get back into, I tried to explore their love triangle with the fact Naruto kept his POAL to Sakura BARELY, even if Sasuke would be bitter at him for years because of it. And the fact Naruto still doesn't think he should confess early on simple because he thinks Sakura's still absolutely in love with Sasuke, and the fact Naruto is like me ins ome aspect; he's too much of a people pleaser, and sometimes I get the impression he doesn't love himself enough due to his past and how he feels about himself. Which is something I feel I can address decently since I've been the same way for a few years now.

#39962 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

It really is one hell of a complicated love triangle for sure. I know with an idea I've had as an old fanfic I haven't worked on in YEARS but wanna try to get back into, I tried to explore their love triangle with the fact Naruto kept his POAL to Sakura BARELY, even if Sasuke would be bitter at him for years because of it. And the fact Naruto still doesn't think he should confess early on simple because he thinks Sakura's still absolutely in love with Sasuke, and the fact Naruto is like me ins ome aspect; he's too much of a people pleaser, and sometimes I get the impression he doesn't love himself enough due to his past and how he feels about himself. Which is something I feel I can address decently since I've been the same way for a few years now.

i couldnt agree more.
I also think that he wouldnt confess sakura as he is aware of sakuras feelings . Well it all started with her feelings and i believe it will end there.
I thought that the ova can be really a good solution but as sasuke and naruto are there together. I dont think that this is gonna be simple. I guess it is all on sasuke. I personally think that sasuke is the one that will make sakura realize her true feelings after all.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#39963 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

i couldnt agree more.
I also think that he wouldnt confess sakura as he is aware of sakuras feelings . Well it all started with her feelings and i believe it will end there.
I thought that the ova can be really a good solution but as sasuke and naruto are there together. I dont think that this is gonna be simple. I guess it is all on sasuke. I personally think that sasuke is the one that will make sakura realize her true feelings after all.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I also think too in the years since it's set 3 years after said battle at the Final Valley  that Sakura begins to think more on how Naruto, as she put it in the dub, "more than anyone else" has understood her and how he'd always been there to help her when she needed it, which begins to change her feelings to love gradually at the time the AU is set, since it is following a different path.

#39964 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, but I also think too in the years since it's set 3 years after said battle at the Final Valley  that Sakura begins to think more on how Naruto, as she put it in the dub, "more than anyone else" has understood her and how he'd always been there to help her when she needed it, which begins to change her feelings to love gradually at the time the AU is set, since it is following a different path.

u know i qas just thinking how would ss fans would react tp that ? xD

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#39965 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

That tumblr poster never mentioned Sakura's love for Sasuke to the screen writer, but I think most of it is still valid.

yes they did, the whole sakura realization part would be part of it 0.0 why are you saying its seperate altogether 0.0

Edited by ultranx, 02 November 2014 - 08:25 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#39966 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

u know i qas just thinking how would ss fans would react tp that ? xD

Not sure. I haven't given a damn about it, considering Kurt and I for Demon Within came up with a good idea for a love interest for Sasuke. And we're doing what we can, even with the differences in events such as Sasuke still being a Leaf ninja and all that, to keep the characters as close to how they've been as possible, since to us, it's a matter of pride, even as we advance them in different directions, just as any good creative team would do.

#39967 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

So new chapter this week?

#39968 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

So new chapter this week?

Yep.Even new chapters.699-700 will be released together.:D

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#39969 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

Yep.Even new chapters.699-700 will be released together. :D

Whoa well I'm praying to God that good results for NS will happen

#39970 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

Whoa well I'm praying to God that good results for NS will happen

Don't put your faith in god, put it in Naruto he's the one that can make it happen. :)

Edited by yellowflash, 02 November 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#39971 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

Don't put your faith in god, put it in Naruto he's the one that can make it happen. :)

Actually I'm putting faith in Kishi after all he is the author of his story

#39972 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

I'm just going to put this out here.  It's from a Shonen Jump interview with Kishimoto, back in May/June 2006.

SJ: Oda-sensei says he knows how One Piece will end – do you know how Naruto will end?

MK: Yes, I have the last episode clearly drawn in my mind. I’ve already decided on the layout, text and scenes. Not just the story ideas, but the visual ideas are solid.  

All I have to do is just head toward the ending I have, but there are still so many things that need to be resolved before reaching that point. Maybe I have thrown in too many ideas, so I need to wrap them up neatly.

Like most authors of a long and detailed story, Kishimoto has known the ending he wants for a very long time and has been writing toward it.

Perhaps he hasn't managed to wrap things up quite as "neatly" as he had imagined back in 2006, but what he has been driving toward has not changed or we would have seen the evidence.  And in terms of characterizing and maintaining Naruto's personal feelings and nindo, Kishimoto has been very consistent.

Just as we knew Naruto would reach Sasuke and get through to him at the end, so we have known that Sasuke's reclamation was the final barrier to Naruto being able to confess his love to Sakura-chan.  He already considers her "more or less" his girlfriend, and now he can really go for "more."

From the perspective of authorial intent, I don't see any way around it.  Naruto will confess -- somehow, somewhere -- and Sakura's heart will be touched by it.

#39973 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Actually I'm putting faith in Kishi after all he is the author of his story

True, although I get help but fear him giving in to NH fans.

#39974 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

I'm just going to put this out here.  It's from a Shonen Jump interview with Kishimoto, back in May/June 2006.

Like most authors of a long and detailed story, Kishimoto has known the ending he wants for a very long time and has been writing toward it.

Perhaps he hasn't managed to wrap things up quite as "neatly" as he had imagined back in 2006, but what he has been driving toward has not changed or we would have seen the evidence.  And in terms of characterizing and maintaining Naruto's personal feelings and nindo, Kishimoto has been very consistent.

Just as we knew Naruto would reach Sasuke and get through to him at the end, so we have known that Sasuke's reclamation was the final barrier to Naruto being able to confess his love to Sakura-chan.  He already considers her "more or less" his girlfriend, and now he can really go for "more."

From the perspective of authorial intent, I don't see any way around it.  Naruto will confess -- somehow, somewhere -- and Sakura's heart will be touched by it.

I think we most of us NS fans will agree that Narusaku makes the most sense thematically and nearly all the hints showcase Naruto and Sakura getting together. However, we don't know how Kishimoto thinks, nor how Japanese culture views love and whatnot. 

But... Every logic shows that NS makes the most sense in all sense of storytelling, themes, and foreshadowing....

But... This stupid, STUPID advertising of this film is trying to convince us otherwise...

But it still makes no sense in the story of the manga, it makes no sense in the other media of Naruto, it just makes no sense...

But... We could still wrong, cause Naruto lacks sense.

#39975 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

It's still funny that critic guy never considered NH as love yet he's from Japan. Now here we are. It's like Kishi really put all money on the odd man out and then do this movie.

#39976 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

It's still funny that critic guy never considered NH as love yet he's from Japan. Now here we are. It's like Kishi really put all money on the odd man out and then do this movie.

What critic guy?

#39977 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

What critic guy?

The guy who did the bonds research, including interview from Kishi.

#39978 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

But... This stupid, STUPID advertising of this film is trying to convince us otherwise...

But it still makes no sense in the story of the manga, it makes no sense in the other media of Naruto, it just makes no sense...

But... We could still wrong, cause Naruto lacks sense.

What examples can we list from the manga that have -- in the big picture -- been truly nonsensical in terms of Naruto's personality, feelings, and behavior?  What cannot be explained as part of the central themes of the story?

What we know and what we've seen:

• Naruto is the hero of the story.  It's about him.
  • Naruto does not give up.
  • Naruto's feelings do not change.
  • Naruto's devotion to his team, individually and collectively, has never wavered.
  • Naruto is strong, both physically and spiritually.
  • Naruto has a supernatural ability to forgive sins against him as well as overlook the faults of others.

Naruto has consistently pursued Sasuke as a friend and rival, while consistently loving Sakura.  He has finally achieved his goal with one.  Do you really believe he will not achieve his goal with other?

It would be one thing if Naruto had ever shown even the slightest consideration of Hinata as someone more than a fellow rookie who was in constant need of reassurance and pep talks.  But he never has.  He has not given so much as a single thought in her direction.  

If Kishimoto intended NH to be endgame, he's had ample opportunity to make the possibility more obvious and palatable. If he has had the end to the manga in mind since at least 2006, then any reader should expect that Naruto would have developed a change of heart -- or at least some degree of confusion over his feelings for Sakura -- if NH was a potential outcome.

The fact that Hinata loves Naruto to the exclusion of all else is nothing new, but in 698 chapters Naruto has not changed his feelings for Sakura in any way that is tangible to the reading audience.  However, what we have been shown -- twice -- is Sakura's reaction to the knowledge that Hinata desires to be close to Naruto.  Coincidence?

Although I agree that the movie marketing is deliberately leading and suggestive, most of its power lies in exploiting paranoia. The movie press releases hint at things, but those hints may be out of context entirely or simply be more about Hinata's feelings for Naruto and how they will be resolved.  The plot and emotional angst of the movie may turn out to be entirely irrelevant, incompetent, and immaterial to Naruto's feelings or the nature of his relationship with Sakura.  

My advice -- not that anyone asked for it, lol -- is to set the movie and its potentially misleading advertising aside for now.  What the content of the movie means or doesn't mean is impossible to determine until we've read the last of the manga. 

More than anything else, have faith in Naruto and his consistency as a character.  He's never changed his feelings or given up on a goal yet, and there's no reason -- or evidence -- to suggest he will suddenly do so now -- right when he finally feels he has the right to make his move.

#39979 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:46 AM

What examples can we list from the manga that have -- in the big picture -- been truly nonsensical in terms of Naruto's personality, feelings, and behavior?  What cannot be explained as part of the central themes of the story?

What we know and what we've seen:

• Naruto is the hero of the story.  It's about him.
  • Naruto does not give up.
  • Naruto's feelings do not change.
  • Naruto's devotion to his team, individually and collectively, has never wavered.
  • Naruto is strong, both physically and spiritually.
  • Naruto has a supernatural ability to forgive sins against him as well as overlook the faults of others.

Naruto has consistently pursued Sasuke as a friend and rival, while consistently loving Sakura.  He has finally achieved his goal with one.  Do you really believe he will not achieve his goal with other?

It would be one thing if Naruto had ever shown even the slightest consideration of Hinata as someone more than a fellow rookie who was in constant need of reassurance and pep talks.  But he never has.  He has not given so much as a single thought in her direction.  

If Kishimoto intended NH to be endgame, he's had ample opportunity to make the possibility more obvious and palatable. If he has had the end to the manga in mind since at least 2006, then any reader should expect that Naruto would have developed a change of heart -- or at least some degree of confusion over his feelings for Sakura -- if NH was a potential outcome.

The fact that Hinata loves Naruto to the exclusion of all else is nothing new, but in 698 chapters Naruto has not changed his feelings for Sakura in any way that is tangible to the reading audience.  However, what we have been shown -- twice -- is Sakura's reaction to the knowledge that Hinata desires to be close to Naruto.  Coincidence?

Although I agree that the movie marketing is deliberately leading and suggestive, most of its power lies in exploiting paranoia. The movie press releases hint at things, but those hints may be out of context entirely or simply be more about Hinata's feelings for Naruto and how they will be resolved.  The plot and emotional angst of the movie may turn out to be entirely irrelevant, incompetent, and immaterial to Naruto's feelings or the nature of his relationship with Sakura.  

My advice -- not that anyone asked for it, lol -- is to set the movie and its potentially misleading advertising aside for now.  What the content of the movie means or doesn't mean is impossible to determine until we've read the last of the manga. 

More than anything else, have faith in Naruto and his consistency as a character.  He's never changed his feelings or given up on a goal yet, and there's no reason -- or evidence -- to suggest he will suddenly do so now -- right when he finally feels he has the right to make his move.

I have the same feelings, and also recommend the same advice (which is what I generally do anyways).

It's just... weird to think, even if it is a small possibility, that NH may get canon, simply because of this movie. It feels..... force.

#39980 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

I will trust Kishi's words. He said he will end the manga conclusively, so open ending is out of the question. Naruto must confess to Sakura, however Kishi can end the manga before Sakura gives her answer. If this happens no doubt NH and SS fans will say" she obviously said no because she loves Sasuke bla bla". But what if Kishi surprise us with Sakura and Naruto together in the movie which obviously her answer was yes.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users