24 replies to this topic

#1 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

I think this scene is something that can be taken as either NaruSaku or NaruHina.

In spoiler tags to Save Space --Click here to view--

Which do you think is more strongly represented in this scene, and why?
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

I don't really think it represents either. It just seems like it would be the usual "zomg Hinata and Naruto, or Sakura and Naruto are in the 'same' panel, so it 'must' be true love dattebyo" thing.

If I *had* to choose, I would say NaruSaku because of the unshaking faith Sakura shows she has in Naruto, when she tells Hinata to relax and basically watch and believe in him.

I don't believe there ever will be NaruHina. There is simply no development between the two, so to look at one of two or even three or four panels, where the two of them are on the same page together, and then 'try' to find some form of evidence for NaruHina just seems a bit pointless to me.

#3 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

I guess what I was going for was which do you think represents love more:

- having unshakable faith in someone

or

- being worried for them, even if its irrational or detrimental to yourself (ie she should have been focusing on the enemy, not on Naruto)
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#4 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

Based on your first question, I'd have to agree with Sakura-jie. Sakura has unshakable faith in Naruto and I'm sure she'd probably be the same right now in the recent events if she were there to witness the fight. Though, she might start worrying now that the tables are turning not in Naruto's favor. However, based on your second question... I'd think it'd be somewhat of both. Like you can have faith in someone, but still worry for their welfare.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#5 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

For the first question:
QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 22 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really think it represents either. It just seems like it would be the usual "zomg Hinata and Naruto, or Sakura and Naruto are in the 'same' panel, so it 'must' be true love dattebyo" thing.

If I *had* to choose, I would say NaruSaku because of the unshaking faith Sakura shows she has in Naruto, when she tells Hinata to relax and basically watch and believe in him.

I don't believe there ever will be NaruHina. There is simply no development between the two, so to look at one of two or even three or four panels, where the two of them are on the same page together, and then 'try' to find some form of evidence for NaruHina just seems a bit pointless to me.

Shauna is a mind reader for saying my thoughts.

For the second question: "Which represents love more?"
I *think* the answer is obvious.

#6 Draco_K

Draco_K

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:I got alot of intrests. ask me and I might tell ya about them.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Sakura Hime is as always correct. Sakura knows Naruto's limits and what he can do, Where as Hinata is to me at least not really sure of what Naruto is capable of and goes into the concerned hinata faze. dont get me wrong if there was a problem and Naruto couldnt handle it it would be interesting to see whom would go to Naruto first. Hinata or Sakura.
Been There, Done That, Bought the T Shirt but damned if the son of a b*tch didnt get tossed out.

#7 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Draco_K @ Feb 23 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura Hime is as always correct. Sakura knows Naruto's limits and what he can do, Where as Hinata is to me at least not really sure of what Naruto is capable of and goes into the concerned hinata faze. dont get me wrong if there was a problem and Naruto couldnt handle it it would be interesting to see whom would go to Naruto first. Hinata or Sakura.

To be honest i say its a NaruSaku moment because, like you said, Hinata doesn't belive in Naruto and doesn't think he can handle it on his own where as Sakura knows Naruto well enough that she can sit back and worry while knowing that he can most likly handle it.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#8 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

From the small interaction within that one panel I think it would indicate more NaruSaku. And while many NaruHina fans would argue its simply because I ship NaruSaku and thus immediately see it that way, I don't think NaruHina happening as a mutual couple is represented there. It takes more than a twittering worry over ones unrequited love to make a potential couple happen which is actually what most of NaruHina is based off of. We know that Naruto loves Sakura or at least loved her when they were kids, the fact that Sakura has shown friendship and an unshakable faith in him now is far more implication of a canon pairing than Naruto-Hinata interaction has ever shown. I honestly find myself lost at conceiving how on earth NaruHina fans are so many and support it so fervently.

#9 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

I'd say neither.

It has the barest hint of a moment for either, but if you want an example of Sakura's faith in Naruto, look to PoaL. Or even 429. (I guess that one shows more that she relies on him which has a slightly different flavor for the word.)

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

I say neither, but it shows the big difference at times in how Sakura and Hinata's faith in Naruto is, since Sakura knows Naruto's true strength and ability, while Hinata hasn't at this time seen the full extent of what he can do.

Bryon

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

Hehehe I gotta admit the first time I read that page I was like "Oh, snap!" cuz it's totally like Sakura is telling Hinata straight-up, keep your eyes off Naruto bish! There's even an exclamation above Hinata that kinda confirms it for me because if it was anyone else telling her not to worry in a nice way then it would be more like "..." instead of !

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Feb 24 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehehe I gotta admit the first time I read that page I was like "Oh, snap!" cuz it's totally like Sakura is telling Hinata straight-up, keep your eyes off Naruto bish! There's even an exclamation above Hinata that kinda confirms it for me because if it was anyone else telling her not to worry in a nice way then it would be more like "..." instead of !

Lol. I never even looked at it that way, but now that you mention it... laugh.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#13 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 22 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#14 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 22 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here.
happy.gif

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 22 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree fully.

#16 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

I find it to be a NaruSaku moment. It shows what faith Sakura has in Naruto and what his limits are.
While Hinata was just 'Naruto-kuning'. :/

NaruSaku Is Yondaime Approved.

|Fanfiction|

#17 TashaJ

TashaJ

TJnyan-sama

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:xbox 360. Manga. NaruSaku. Drawing. Writing. Hula -hooping.

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Definitely a NaruSaku moment. It shows her faith and trust in Naruto.
I loved the "!" that came from Hinata at the end, It looked to me, like Sakura was angry that Hinata didn't have the faith in Naruto and Hinata was taken aback because she just got told.
It was even funnier the fact that it wasn't Kaksahi or Yamato who told Hinata to focus, it was Sakura and technically speaking, Kakashi and Yamato are higher ranked so they should be the ones in charge.

#18 believeit6

believeit6

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Well, I love NaruSaku. That's why I'm here, of course. NaruSaku is da bomb! They look so great eachother and just complete eachother. I love the Naruto series too, as well as some other animes.

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:56 AM

I've always considered this NaruSaku, becaus it shows sakura's faith and trust in Naruto, two things needed to form romance. Hinata just doesn't know him like that, and she never will.

NaruSaku Fan|Narutofan|True Believer|FF.net

#19 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

There's a difference between concern and blind worry. Hinata's obviously got no faith in Naruto, since she feels it's her obligation to jump in and assist the guy.

But Sakura's got faith in him. Like many have said, she's got faith in Naruto. This is true.
And she obviously shows concern for him. In fact, take chapter 450 for example. As soon as she sees him again, she whacks him in the head... and caught him in a hug. I think that's proof enough.

Now, as for your previous question...NaruSaku, quite obviously, but I think that one small panel was thrown in their for Hinata. She smiled at them, not sulked sadly. It goes to show that she's growing up (therefore doesn't need to follow Naruto around anymore)
I'm saying this not as a NaruSaku fan, but as a reasonable, thoughtful human being-

With that panel, I believe NaruHina was officially disproven.
It looks like she's moved on..

and, id say more but... i think ive said too much! lol

#20 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

...oops, my bad! I thought we were talking about ch 450... should have clicked the thingie...
oh well, my statement still stands. It's still true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users