Close
Photo

WHAT IF Kishimoto decides for SS to be the end game??

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

True however you forgot to mention one thing. If Sasuke ends up with Karin it sends the exact same message as SS. Actually even worse.

Actually, it wouldn't considering how insane Karin is. This would imply that you see Karin as the same quality of girl compared to Sakura, which she isn't.

It's like saying 50 Shades of Gray is comparable to Romeo and Juliet XD

Since this girl is sexually aroused everytime Sasuke bites her....yeah, there is something wrong with her.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Actually, it wouldn't considering how insane Karin is. This would imply that you see Karin as the same quality of girl compared to Sakura, which she isn't.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#23 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

It's like saying 50 Shades of Gray is comparable to Romeo and Juliet XD

Since this girl is sexually aroused everytime Sasuke bites her....yeah, there is something wrong with her.

Even if Karin is a nutjob, which she is, it's still the same scenario. It's still sends the wrong message to the audience. You can treat a woman like crap and no matter what, the woman will still have feelings for you.

And no I don't see Sakura the same as Karin. I see a similar situation that's all.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#24 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Even if Karin is a nutjob, which she is, it's still the same scenario. It's still sends the wrong message to the audience. You can treat a woman like crap and no matter what, the woman will still have feelings for you.

And no I don't see Sakura the same as Karin. I see a similar situation that's all.

True that. But Karin is already drooling all over the guy. If attempted murder doesn't work then a successful one should work lol.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#25 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

True that. But Karin is already drooling all over the guy. If attempted murder doesn't work then a successful one should work lol.

Well at least we know what turns her on. :D  

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Sakura would be ok to me. I wouldn't hate her, maybe.. but, pity her, yes.

*I'm still waiting to see Sasuke's downfall sooner or later so I'm not really worried*

14670g.jpg

#27 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

If SS is endgame, then Kishimoto will have done a disgustingly horrible job with his story. Even moreso than he already has.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 16 June 2014 - 07:17 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#28 vblm

vblm

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

I hate this logic. The bolded. She doesn't owe him anything. kitten the nice guy trope.

I'm with you there. I see this all the time in fanfiction and it irritates the heck out me. Naruto and Sakura have been through a lot together, and this naturally makes them close. Putting love and family in such mercenary terms disturbs me.

Regarding SS, I dunno. I think her current infatuation is an emotional crutch. You might say the same thing about Naruto, except Naruto's relationship with Sakura is a real thing, and it's ok to rely on your family thay way. Sakura's relationship with Sasuke is a fantasy and sort of always was, and if she where to end up with him in the end I think it would be a huge disrespect to her growth as a character. That doesn't mean she has to choose Naruto (and hey, maybe Naruto really will fall for Hinata), but I don't see how SS could ever be a good thing at this point.

#29 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sasuke will end up with Karin, we all know he's in love with Naruto and we all know Naruto loves him as a brother, So Karin is the next best choice, did nobody see Sasuke's reaction when he found out Karin was part of the Uzumaki Clan? His interest in her peaked tenfolds....lol

Okay joking aside, if Sakura end up with Sasuke, i'll just have to deal, you just have to hope that if that does happen, Sasuke actually does something to redeem himself in her eyes, and show us that he actually deserves her. It's like with Hinata, until the point where she slapped Naruto to knock him out of his depression, I didn't consider the pairing as being worthy at all, she was too soft, and even if they got married, you got the feeling it would be Sakura's responsibility to make sure he ate healthy, did his paperwork attend his meetings on time, not blow all the budget on Ramen etc. Hinata never showed she had it in her to make sure Naruto doesn't do something rash, now I have a bit more confidence in her, even if she is a bit too Naruto focused to a point it's still too unhealthy.

The way Sasuke has behaved has not been great and he needs to show some major changes to even be considered worthy, and it's not just Sasuke sakura needs to show some changes in behaviour as well, she becomes too meek around him, not confident in her abilities, her brain switches off and she acts irrationally, to prove she's no longer a weakling, and she never talks back at him, that needs to change with her, she needs to act like she acts around Naruto, at ease with herself, knock some sense into him when he's being a git which is every other panel.

I still can't see it happenning but if it does i'll be dissapointed and move on, though i'll be less likely to read his next work, for me atleast if I'm really dissapointed in the end it takes allot of motivation to get be remotely interested in the piece of work,

iAnby7W.gif

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

SS becoming canon would mean a meteor the size of Jupiter will crash on the Earth destroying, ending all life.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

All I have to say is that it's not gonna happen. No way, no how.

It's out of character for Sasuke, because he never had any romantic feelings for Sakura, and it's out of character for Sakura, because Sakura doesn't have it in her to pursue a romantic relationship with this guy anymore.

This relationship is negative in every single possible way, and wouldn't make any logical sense - on both sides.

Kishimoto isn't so dumb, that he do something crazy like this. I'm not worried in the slightest bit for this pairing, because it's literally and completely dead in my eyes.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#32 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

True however you forgot to mention one thing. If Sasuke ends up with Karin it sends the exact same message as SS. Actually even worse.

How exactly would that be worse? To me, in my opinion, Sasuke has shown way more respect and care towards Karin, than he ever did for Sakura, even telling Karin "Sorry".

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#33 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

Eh ... this question. I hate this question. :confused:

My answer to this depends. I've said a long time ago If SS changed and Sasuke not only genuinely cared for Sakura at the end of this series, but felt actually bad for everything he put her through and did things to make it up for it, then maybe I wouldn't be as against SS becoming canon as I am now. I would certainly never ship it and always dislike it, but I wouldn't be burning all of my Naruto stuff.

The problem is I only see Sasuke feeling bad for all he did to Naruto and trying to make it up to him while the most Sakura would get is a "sorry" and that "I've changed from how I was", then moving on with his life and treating her just like he did in the past (indifference, a little distant from her, but friends). That's probably what's going to happen in canon and I wouldn't be able to approve of SS as couple that way.

So the realistic answer is that I be extremely disappointed and angry with SS becoming canon. I'll be disappointed in the way Kishi writes Sakura even more so and I don't think I'd like her as much. SS was never a particularly deep pairing anyway and nothing in the series indicates it'll be canon logically, but this is just awful. The best Sakura's character will ever be in the romance department is getting over Sasuke and realizing she doesn't need him that way anymore. I'd be so upset that that emotional growth would be stripped away from her. :sad:

But I'm pretty sure Sakura's not going to be running back to Sasuke when this series is over. SS being canon, at this point, makes both Sasuke and Sakura way too OCC.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 16 June 2014 - 09:33 PM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#34 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

At this point I don't see any members of Team 7 fit to be in a relationship so I guess it works out.

eh10ut.jpg

#35 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Uh...wow O_O... Some of the comments in here have left me speechless. ...uh...wow geez...

I would like to reply but my lurking has shown me what happens when one disagrees with those kinds of opinions...but I will say a few things.

- I was under the impression that Hinata's biggest criticism stemmed from her character revolving around Naruto while Sakura was praised for having a more dynamic character. And yet she will be hated just the same for the guy she chooses to be with in the end? In that case HOW IS SHE ANY DIFFERENT FROM HINATA? I know it's filler but I'm pretty sure the anime actually got it right when Naruto said he'd be happy if Sakura is happy...

- I would recommend you guys to visit an abuse shelter and to learn some empathy/try to understand why girls would feel the exact way Sakura is feeling. But on second thought it would probably be for the best if you stayed as far away from those women as possible please.

Note I am only talking to a few guys here not all of you. I can't lie I didn't expect this at all hah(tho I can't say I'm too surprised by who said it). Sorry I'm nervous now.

Anyways to answer the question I'd feel pity definitely. I think one of the biggest issues is that Sakura doesn't really have a support system. And by that I mean someone who she can be honest with about her feelings for Sasuke. The only likely candidate was Kakashi but unfortunately either she didn't trust him enough or she was too busy thinking of Naruto's feelings again and put them ahead of her own.

That's why I liked 680 and the past few chapters at least. If Sakura learns that Naruto will stay by her side and support her no matter how much she dislikes Sasuke then she actually has a good chance of realizing he's not boyfriend material. That sort of relaxation doesn't come easy when you are alone.

And I agree with TsukiChan about Karin.

Edited by Laylo, 16 June 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#36 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

@Laylo:

I honestly think it's wrong to hate a character for who they love or who they choose to be with in the end. Even if it doesn't look like that person deserves it or another person did a lot for them in comparison, you should never hate a character when they're just following their feelings. I see this everywhere in my fandoms, the Naruto fandom too, and it truly bothers me.

I wouldn't dislike Sakura. I'll always love her personality and she still did develop from who she was, but I just don't want someone like her to go to someone like Sasuke if he's not going to do much to make up for everything he did. Actions are louder than just words. I just don't think Sasuke not going out of his way for his redemption towards Sakura personally is most likely and a SS endgame that way just doesn't sit well with me or her character development at all.

Maybe I wouldn't like her as much, but that's because I wouldn't like the message Kishimoto would be sending. It's not right for a girl or anyone in a relationship really to go back to someone who isn't trying do right with you (That's how I see Sasuke honestly; love to be wrong though).

I'm not sure that post was directed at me, but I had to clarify anyway. But yes, I wouldn't like Sakura as much and while I'm sorry for that, it's the truth. The message would just be all wrong. But I don't think I could hate her. I'd just feel like Kishimoto didn't write Sakura as well as he should've on the romance front. She wouldn't even have to be with Naruto. But going to Sasuke if he doesn't feel particularly bad for everything he did to her in the end ... that's just hard to swallow. :confused:

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 16 June 2014 - 10:04 PM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#37 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

It depends on the way Kishimoto does it. I'd feel pity for Sakura's doomed development, I guess, and strongly surprised at Sasuke's sudden OOC interest. But I don't think that the mangaka actually has enough panel time to make this relationship believable. Of course, I wouldn't hate the heroine because her choice would be determined by Kishimoto's wacky whim. In reality, every woman has a right to choose whoever she wants (no matter how flawed her champion is) and face the risk of suffering from that choice. It's a simple, yet cruel thing.

Edited by Syn11, 16 June 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#38 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

I will never hate Sakura no matter who the lucky guy is.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#39 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

I would not blame Saukra, because it would be Kishi's fault in the end. I honestly feel, that if Sakura was real and got to choose for herself, she would choose Naruto and would not "love" Sasuke after all his bullsh*t. She's suppose to be a strong willed and stubborn girl, not some jack@sses doormat. With Sasuke, she's not who she really is, so I would be completely disgusted with Kishi, if he ever went that rout. I don't care about the fans, nor do I care how many people support SS, Kishi would be a worse writer than Stephenie Meyers ever could.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#40 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

Uh...wow O_O... Some of the comments in here have left me speechless. ...uh...wow geez...

I would like to reply but my lurking has shown me what happens when one disagrees with those kinds of opinions...but I will say a few things.

It is a sad sight sometimes all things considering. Personally, I am more worried about the integrity of the story than anything else. The reason why I love NS is because of the development is has gone through and to see all of that wasted only to revert it all back to stage 1. I hate that. I hate wasted development.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users