Chapter 297 Discussion (RAW + Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#81 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hey, I remember now, Nick! You're right, Sho is a pro-Sasuke fan and seems to have a thing for SasuSaku. Even though he mentions Sakura's feelings, he seems to subtly lessen the implication Yamato is making.

Thanks for the translation, Hinano-chan. biggrin.gif It's always nice to see more translations of the same scene, so we can try to get a good idea of what is basically agreed. I hope we see a translation by Nihongaeri and/or NJT soon.

Just one thing to add to Ash-chan's post (which I enjoyed :thumbs:). Kishimoto explicitly stated that there would be romance in Part Two. He did not say who it would involve, but it was confirmed there'd be love in the air.

Now we're just over a year into Part Two. Keeping the threads and developments from Part One in mind, it's clear that the romance so far has focused on a certain pairing. wink.gif

I was reading the posts over at the NaruSaku FC on NF. I have to respectfully disagree with Mizura's post. happy.gif She said that she believed that if Naruto and Sakura were to get together, it would be at the very end of the manga - and that if it came a lot sooner, things would get in the way and the pairing would get broken up.

I'm all for small steps, but if you take too long, people will lose all interest and just get annoyed. Just look at how Takahashi strings out her romance beyond the point of torture. We are talking about an epic manga, which has been running for over 7 years and spans more than 30 volumes so far. I have seen some mangas and stories where people get together in the middle, and they are still together by the end - they just experience things and overcome obstacles together. I have never seen the Dragonball series, but Goku and Chichi got together somewhere in the middle and are still involved, right?

While romance plays a part in "Naruto", it is NOT a romance manga. It's not like the story will stop dead if/when Naruto and Sakura get together. Even if they become a couple sooner than we think, the story will still continue. Right now, they still have to get Sasuke, beat Oro, defeat Akatsuki, and crown Naruto as Hokage. And that's leaving out all the growing-up they still have to do! Kishimoto himself said he would love to try and continue the story "to the next generation", meaning he would like the current crop of characters to have kids. That means getting them hitched and between the sheets (not necessarily in that order). Which means he has to develop things.

So, I believe that if Sakura and Naruto were to get together, it would be as part of Naruto's growth and developing maturity, not the end. happy.gif Besides, they would still be entertaining as a couple. XD You'll still get that purely NaruSaku interaction, of which 297 has a good example.

Sorry if this post appears a little jumbled, I was typing train of thought. laugh.gif

#82 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (sharingank @ Mar 3 2006, 11:33 PM)
WHY WOULD KISHI EMPHASIZE A PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP, EH?? It's not as much of a shock if Sakura loves him like a brother, since we've more or less known that for some time now.

My sentiments EXACTLY! I've been wondering for some time - ie, all day tongue.gif - why Kishimoto would go to the trouble of putting in a moment like this if he had no intention of furthering the relationship between Naruto and Sakura? This is a shounen manga. The target audience (generally speaking) would most likely not care if Sakura was having sibling-feelings towards our young hero. It doesn't deepen the plot. It doesn't give him more power. And it's something we've known for a very long time.

This...this is big. And cool. And AWESOME. The object of the hero's affection has finally had a carthartic moment and used the great big brain in that great big forehead to realise that hey, Naruto's pretty great.

To that, I say: Sakura, better late than never. laugh.gif

And...that's about it. This is my first post, I've been loitering for a while, but the awesomeness of this chapter drew me from the lurking shadows and made me say my piece. Until recently, I was a Sasusaku supporter, but even the last vestiges of that shipper can see the not-so-subtle hints here.

Long live Narusaku!

#83 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

Welcome to the boards, Princess Dexter. biggrin.gif I can't add anything to your post except to say I agree. XD

#84 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

YOU POSTED. *snugs* HUZZAH!! XD And, yet again, I am still SO HAPPY that you are becoming a NaruSaku freak. XD

And yes, Smitey, Goku and Chichi got together at the end of Dragonball, and they've been together ever since....sort of. Goku kind of put a damper on that by dying for good....XD

I agree totally. There is much fun to be had with Naruto and Sakura as a couple. *snerk* I think their interactions will become even more hilarious once they get to know each other inside and out....*cackles at the thought of all the name-calling and inside jokes and overall cuteness*

#85 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Until recently, I was a Sasusaku supporter, but even the last vestiges of that shipper can see the not-so-subtle hints here.

Long live Narusaku!

Welcome aboard the NaruSaku love boat princess_dexter! a_dance.gif

It's awesome that you became a Narusaku shipper after first being a SasuSaku-er...and as you said:

LONG LIVE NARUSAKU!! a_spaz.gif

P.S. To Smitey -

You must immortalize this thread and the chapter 296 thread in the Museum of NaruSaku...you simply must! th_glomp.gif

#86 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

Huzzah to the conversions. The comments of it being shounen as compared to your harem/love animes is true. The plot isn't supposed to revolve only on the love relationships, the emphasis is on the action and the epic-ness. We won't have a Ranma, or a Love Hina where one wonders 'Huh, he got her. Now what?' Because evenif they get together now, they've still got to get Sasuke, kill Orochi, kill Itachi, avoid the rest of Akatsuki and keep Naruto from killing himself via Kyuubi.

#87 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 3 2006, 03:51 PM)
You must immortalize this thread and the chapter 296 thread in the Museum of NaruSaku...you simply must!  th_glomp.gif

I already said I would, Shauna-chan. XD I was going to wait for the two-weeks time limit before moving each thread. Though I suppose I could store 296 later today, then 297 a few days after 298 comes out.

They'll be on the front of the Museum alongside 245. biggrin.gif

EDIT: 296 has now been moved there.

#88 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

There's a whole lot of denial going on in quite a few boards among the Naruhina/Sasusaku crowd.

It's pretty funny, though I'm not gonna' go off and rub the entire time jump in their face or anything. >_>

#89 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

After looking at every possible that is related to Naruto, I can conclude that everyone is talking about that scene. Which is good. This chapter gives a good image of what's to come even for those who are in denial, they HAVE to accept the possibility of NaruSaku.

Well we cant be that exited yet since we really have to see Sasuke first ( I wonder if hes gonna come back someday... how long has it been?) for the result since Sakura is torn between the two of them right now. Im 100% sure that Sakura is going to react in some way when there gonna see Sasuke. For better or worse.

Well we have been seeing much hints since part 2. From Sai and Yamato, ... maybe even Kabuto? lol
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#90 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (roshumba @ Mar 3 2006, 01:46 AM)
296 and 297 we need colorings of the NaruSaku moments!

Once I get my paws on some high quality scans, I shall do just that!
Last night I tried fixing up the cam shots and failed miserably.

Princess dexter! WELCOME!! a_hug.gif

Sakura-chan! That forum post was great. I agree with everyone that love works differently in an epic shonen manga, although I somewhat agree with what Mizura said. I think if they get together too quickly A. Sakura will be come a background character (as in the case of Chichi) B. their relaionship will become a little stale. I think a little drama or tension for a while won't hurt. ^^;;
Though I recall Kishi saying that Toriyama had influenced him a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if they hooked up in the middle like Goku and Chichi.

#91 Dageoffant

Dageoffant

This sentence is false.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG *dies*

This is DEFENETLY a cannon ball (more like 900 cannon balls) sized hit to the sasusakus and naruhintas!

Yet another thing to rub in the face of my sasusaku friend.
May god have mercy on my enemies, because I shure as hell wont-General George S Patton.

#92 Akemi_Nijuusei

Akemi_Nijuusei

Narusaku: It's highly addictive

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

I've been ill so I only just got around to reading the chapter but.......EEEEEEEEE. I loved it, though I'm slightly annoyed that Naruto woke up. However I think it's cute that when he woke up the first thing he thought about was Sakura. I think this is going down as one of my fav. chapters. It's great how Sakura wanted to learn the technique for Naruto and then she got upset because she couldn't.

Love this chapter <3

#93 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 3 2006, 01:57 PM)
Just one thing to add to Ash-chan's post (which I enjoyed :thumbs:).  Kishimoto explicitly stated that there would be romance in Part Two.  He did not say who it would involve, but it was confirmed there'd be love in the air.

Speaking of that part of the interview...this is getting pretty offtopic, but there are two parts of it that stand out for me biggrin.gif Here's Inquisitive's trans of it:

I also want to put in ‘romance’ that I wasn’t able to in part one (laughs). It seems difficult though.(laughs).

"...that I wasn't able to in part one."

This part kinda makes me think that he had plans to put romance into part one, but decided not to, and what two characters became the closest and the end of part 1? You know who wink.gif

"It seems difficult though"

If said romance were to involve Sasuke...why would it seem difficult? He hasn't appeared at all, thus no development to think about, and this came out around the time part 2 just started. Although I guess the SasuSakus could argue that he couldn't put it in part 1 because Sasuke left and it's difficult because he hasn't showed up sleep.gif

And I agree with the rest that there wouldn't be any emphasis on just friendship, it's obvious that they've been close friends/teammates for a long time tongue.gif

#94 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

That was interesting information, thanks Daniee. smile.gif

#95 Muttz

Muttz

Chuunin

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:God. Working with Shelter Animals, specifically dogs. Dogs in general...and Animals in general...I think we see where this is going. Art. Reading. Jon Mclaughlin.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

oh my goodness do I love this chapter. It's like...made my week, and the week after this and so on and so forth. Not only that...but yamato...I love you. really...I do. *curls into ball of happiness*

Where I think the sas/sak's and nar/hin's go wrong on the whole "friendship" thing, aside from whats already been pointed out...is that kishi has to write, what 17 pages a week? thats alot. why waste paper and time building up to naruto/sakura and then having it only be a friendship thing which he's already established. Not to mention, since its manga...if kishi puts down sakura's obvious attraction to naruto in 245, and yamato's little speal, he means it. Its not some subtle innuendo meant to be interpreted a thousand different ways. Because he can only show the characters thoughts and feelings through art and thoughts then whats on paper is what its meant to be. okay i'm done. smile.gif

#96 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (quilted-remorse @ Mar 3 2006, 05:24 PM)
Where I think the sas/sak's and nar/hin's go wrong on the whole "friendship" thing, aside from whats already been pointed out...is that kishi has to write, what 17 pages a week? thats alot.  why waste paper and time building up to naruto/sakura and then having it only be a friendship thing which he's already established.  Not to mention, since its manga...if kishi puts down sakura's obvious attraction to naruto in 245, and yamato's little speal, he means it. Its not some subtle innuendo meant to be interpreted a thousand different ways.  Because he can only show the characters thoughts and feelings through art and thoughts then  whats on paper is what its meant to be. okay i'm done.  smile.gif

Exactly...I've avoided the NF boards like the plague since the chapter came out - gave me a headache sorting through the different pairing threads (yeah I could avoid them, but it's like a car crash - you know you should just pass by the mess but you can't help but look). We know Sakura cares for Naruto already and considers him a "precious person" - why keep showing scenes like Yamato's, or Sai's comments from 289, etc. if the only purpose is to keep reaffirming that friendship. Whether it's a brother/sister type of closeness or simply best friends isn't really important to the story, so if it's not implying Sakura's growing attraction/romantic feelings towards Naruto, I can't see a reason for Kishi to keep dropping hints like that...leaving things unsaid...when the space could be used for something else more important to the chapter and story.

#97 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

Welcome, Dexter!

You guys are pointing out at some more points. And I remeber seeing something about that interview. About him saying there will be romance in Part 2. So far that points more to NaruSaku, but Sasuke hasn't shown up just yet. So we cant get our hopes up just yet. But still...

Long Live NaruSaku! a_spaz.gif a_dance.gif

#98 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

XDD

Hisshouburaiken posted his translation confirming the feelings, and went a wee bit further. XDD

Page 10:
Sakura: I guess nothing changes...

I've never been able to do much for Naruto.

Page 11:
Yamato: The amount or size of the things you do for him don't matter...
Only how much you care.

Heh...

You know Sakura, I can tell just by looking at you.
You really l-

You can read the rest of his work here: http://mangahelpers....hp?topic=1728.0

That was a bit cheeky, putting in the beginning of "love". tongue.gif

#99 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

Yamato: The amount or size of the things you do for him don't matter...
Only how much you care.

Heh...

You know Sakura, I can tell just by looking at you.
You really l-

You can read the rest of his work here: http://mangahelpers....hp?topic=1728.0

That was a bit cheeky, putting in the beginning of "love". tongue.gif

:blink:
If that translation is an accurate representation of what is actually said, and not just the cheekiness of the translator, then the NaruSaku's have it made. We will basically have almost concrete evidence of Sakura's 'love' for Naruto.

#100 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:18 AM

*squeals with delight*
I love Hisshou-sama now! A million times over! I was so worried and now all my fears are gone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users