52 replies to this topic

#1 NaruHina101

NaruHina101

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Before I begin, I'd like to ask you to please take you shipper goggles off.

thank you smile.gif.

I’ll start off by saying that the Hyuuga clans Symbol is the Ying-Yang symbol. Their byakugan is without a pupil, and is coloured white, which, through activation, results in a more distinct able pupil.

This next picture was seen during Obito & Konan’s battle. The picture depicts Tomoes, representing the Uchiha, circles or ripples, representing the Rinnegan, and a Ying-Yang symbol in the middle, representing the Hyuuga. Not only does this hint at the Byakugan being related to the Rennigan and Sharingan, but it emphasizes my point of the Byakugan being part of the other eyes, as the Ying-Yang symbol is the pupil of the eye in the picture below.

Other things that hint at the Byakugan’s relation to the other two Dojutsu are, firstly, Tobi’s War-time Mask. His mask seems to represent and/or resemble the Juubi’s single eye and/or the three dojutsus as one.

As can be seen, Tobi’s mask clearly has all three attributes of the three great Dojutsu. It has the ripples of the Rennigan, the Tomoes of the Sharingan, and is coloured white as is the Byakugan. Now, think of this for a moment. Why wasn’t Tobi’s mask colored orange like all his previous masks were before this one? Why is this the only mask of which he’s worn that bares resemblance to the Dojustsus? Tobi’s mask is one of the largest hints of the three eyes being connected to one another in some way.

Ounce again, this above picture, which depicts the moon, of which it’s colour is white, has Tomoes and ripples on it, which ounce again leads me to believe that the Juubi’s eye colour is in fact, not purple or red as depicted in the Anime, but White, as is the Byakugan.

The only eye techniques that exist in the entire (Canon) series are the Byakugan (Mangekyo) Sharingan, Elder Son’s eyes, Juubi's eye,and the Rennigan. We already know that the Elder Son’s eyes came from the Rennigan, and we know that the Sharingan is capable of developing into the Rennigan, and the Juubi's eye is a super-sharingan, thus making these 4 eyes related to one another. But wait, what about the Byakugan?

Honestly, I find it absolutely illogical for the Byakugan to not be related to the other Dojutsus in some way, as it would seem completely bizarre for the Byakugan to just be there with no explanation what so ever as to how it came to be.

During Hinata and Neji’s battle in the Chunnin exams, after activating their Byakugans, Kakashi states that there are rumors that the Uchiha’s Sharingan is possibly an off-shoot of the Hyuga’s Byakugan. Kakashi even goes on to state that the Uchiha clan itself possibly stems from the Hyuuga clan. Of course, this is but a rumor, however all rumors have an origin.

Kakashi also states, as a fact, that the Hyuuga are the oldest clan of Konoha. But how can that be if the village itself was formed by the Senju & Uchiha? My theory is that the Hyuuga’s probably owned or lived on the land that is now Konoha, which goes to show that the Hyuuga do indeed pass the Uchiha in their birth/formation, which leads me to believe the Byakugan to be a Dojutsu that came from the Elder Son’s eyes, which may also explain the two eyes’ similar colours and appearance.

If noticed, the Elder Son’s eyes resemble a mixture of the Byakugan and Renningan, which might imply the Byakugan came before the Sharingan, which may explain where the rumor Kakashi mentioned during the Chunnin Exams came from.

All three eye techniques also have similar abilities with each other. Byakugan and Sharingan share the ability of seeing chakra & better reflexes, while the Byakugan and Renningan share the ability of extended vision and being capable of seeing through Barriers, and the Sharingan and Renningan share the ability of tailed beast manipulation as well as controlling demonic powers.

This next one is REALLY good. In a recent interview with Masashi Kishimoto, he was asked what we could expect in for Naruto in 2013, and he replied that we could expect to see Hyuuga development, among several other things. And since the manga currently has Sasuke talking the founders of the Leaf, Hashirama & Tobirama, not to mention the All-Knowing Orochimaru being there to shed some light, we may find out more about the Hyuuga & Byakugan’s past and origins.

Kishimoto always seems to make parallels. Such as Naruto & Sasuke paralleling Hashirama & Tobirama/Madara, or MinaKushi paralleling NaruHina (or Narusaku), or the Legendary Sannin paralleling Team 7, which leads me to my next point. It’s clear that the Senju & Uzumaki are related, so what could be the parallel of the Uzumaki for the Uchiha? The Hyuuga’s easily fit this role of being the Uchiha’s “Uzumakis”.

Another theory I have is that the Byakugan does indeed have a second state that can be achieved, but in order to achieve it, you must be pure, to be someone like Hinata, while the Uchiha have to be Impure, since the Uchihas’ method of gaining more eye power involves stealing & killing, as well as deep despair. This might explain why there are not any known Hyuuga’s with an enhanced Byakugan, as it is harder to be pure than impure. I believe this 2nd state or level to be the spiral eyes of the Sage’s Elder Son, which would also represent her affinity with Naruto, who is of the Uzumaki, who have a spiral as their symbol.

Also, Hyuugas have white eyes, while the Uchihas have black, which are the colours of the Ying-Yang sign, further hinting at their relationship and how the Byakugan is a pure eye & the Sharingan is an impure eye. Further more, while Hyugas are ussually depicted with a blue aura, Uchihas are seen with a red one instead.

But then, why is the Byakugan “pure” while the Sharingan is “impure”? Well, my answer to that goes something like this. When the Elder son inherited his father’s eyes, he also got some of the Juubi’s chakra inside him some how, but it remained dormaint and didn’t affect him much. But when his father died ANDchose his younger brother instead of him to be his succesor, he felt hate, jealousy, sadness, envy and anger , which caused the Juubi’s sleeping chakra inside him to awaken and cause his white eyes to turn red.
The Elder son then had two children of his own, one with his original white eyes, and the other with his Juubi-influenced eyes, thus eventually giving birth to the Byakugan and Hyuga & Sharingan and Uchiha.

The cloud GREATLY desired the Byakugan for their own keeping going as far as to even kidnap a little Hinata. So, why not go after the Sharingan? Actually, now that I think about it, it seems like more non-Konohaians know about the Sharingan than they know about the Byakugan, as seen by Zabuza. It’s seems clear to me that the main house has been hiding secrets of the Byakugan from everyone for a long time, why else would they take the extra precaution to give their Candet branch family members the “Caged Bird” Cursed seals?

Also, with Hinata now seemingly playing a larger role, the Byakugan might as well play a larger role too. I just can’t see her disappearing into the back ground after this. She’s clearly been elevated into a higher possession in terms of a character. I’m not just saying this as a Hinata fan, but with Neji dead, there is no other actual Hyuuga character aside from Hinata who could be used to further explain the Byakugan‘s past and (possibly) it‘s new abilities.

Thank You for reading, let me know your non-biased thoughts please smile.gif

Edited by NaruHina101, 12 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#2 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well theres nothing really pairing related here so I will take the googles off.

In the begining of the series the Byakugan was stated to be the predecesor to the Sharingan, but that apears to be a plothole. Justu evolution and passing down does not work as with animals. If you pass the jutsu on to another person for generations it will sterilize and degenerate.

So if you take a look at the rinnegan and all the extra perks it has, then the Sharingan and all the powers it brings and then the byakugan. Byakugan apears to be the most sterile form of the 3. Because if you look at it it does not have any actual dojustu powers. It gives you a 360 degree vision and the chakra infared ability.

The sharingan by itself seems like a superior dojutsu. It gives you amaizing genjutsu ablities, improved justu learning skills, mangekyou spam powers and much more. The byakugan just seems like a refined single use version of the sharingan. Having the byakugan is not really an AMAIZING perk, simply because its a scout tool. THe Hyuugas gentle fist style is the dangerous thing not the dojutsu itself. I think Neji reached the byakuugans peek. Thats as far as it goes.

Edited by StrikerTheNoble, 12 April 2013 - 08:12 PM.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#3 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (NaruHina101 @ Apr 12 2013, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before I begin, I'd like to ask you to please take you shipper goggles off.

thank you smile.gif.

I’ll start off by saying that the Hyuuga clans Symbol is the Ying-Yang symbol. Their byakugan is without a pupil, and is coloured white, which, through activation, results in a more distinct able pupil.

This next picture was seen during Obito & Konan’s battle. The picture depicts Tomoes, representing the Uchiha, circles or ripples, representing the Rinnegan, and a Ying-Yang symbol in the middle, representing the Hyuuga. Not only does this hint at the Byakugan being related to the Rennigan and Sharingan, but it emphasizes my point of the Byakugan being part of the other eyes, as the Ying-Yang symbol is the pupil of the eye in the picture below.

Other things that hint at the Byakugan’s relation to the other two Dojutsu are, firstly, Tobi’s War-time Mask. His mask seems to represent and/or resemble the Juubi’s single eye and/or the three dojutsus as one.

As can be seen, Tobi’s mask clearly has all three attributes of the three great Dojutsu. It has the ripples of the Rennigan, the Tomoes of the Sharingan, and is coloured white as is the Byakugan. Now, think of this for a moment. Why wasn’t Tobi’s mask colored orange like all his previous masks were before this one? Why is this the only mask of which he’s worn that bares resemblance to the Dojustsus? Tobi’s mask is one of the largest hints of the three eyes being connected to one another in some way.

Ounce again, this above picture, which depicts the moon, of which it’s colour is white, has Tomoes and ripples on it, which ounce again leads me to believe that the Juubi’s eye colour is in fact, not purple or red as depicted in the Anime, but White, as is the Byakugan.

The only eye techniques that exist in the entire (Canon) series are the Byakugan (Mangekyo) Sharingan, Elder Son’s eyes, Juubi's eye,and the Rennigan. We already know that the Elder Son’s eyes came from the Rennigan, and we know that the Sharingan is capable of developing into the Rennigan, and the Juubi's eye is a super-sharingan, thus making these 4 eyes related to one another. But wait, what about the Byakugan?

Honestly, I find it absolutely illogical for the Byakugan to not be related to the other Dojutsus in some way, as it would seem completely bizarre for the Byakugan to just be there with no explanation what so ever as to how it came to be.

During Hinata and Neji’s battle in the Chunnin exams, after activating their Byakugans, Kakashi states that there are rumors that the Uchiha’s Sharingan is possibly an off-shoot of the Hyuga’s Byakugan. Kakashi even goes on to state that the Uchiha clan itself possibly stems from the Hyuuga clan. Of course, this is but a rumor, however all rumors have an origin.

Kakashi also states, as a fact, that the Hyuuga are the oldest clan of Konoha. But how can that be if the village itself was formed by the Senju & Uchiha? My theory is that the Hyuuga’s probably owned or lived on the land that is now Konoha, which goes to show that the Hyuuga do indeed pass the Uchiha in their birth/formation, which leads me to believe the Byakugan to be a Dojutsu that came from the Elder Son’s eyes, which may also explain the two eyes’ similar colours and appearance.

If noticed, the Elder Son’s eyes resemble a mixture of the Byakugan and Renningan, which might imply the Byakugan came before the Sharingan, which may explain where the rumor Kakashi mentioned during the Chunnin Exams came from.

All three eye techniques also have similar abilities with each other. Byakugan and Sharingan share the ability of seeing chakra & better reflexes, while the Byakugan and Renningan share the ability of extended vision and being capable of seeing through Barriers, and the Sharingan and Renningan share the ability of tailed beast manipulation as well as controlling demonic powers.

This next one is REALLY good. In a recent interview with Masashi Kishimoto, he was asked what we could expect in for Naruto in 2013, and he replied that we could expect to see Hyuuga development, among several other things. And since the manga currently has Sasuke talking the founders of the Leaf, Hashirama & Tobirama, not to mention the All-Knowing Orochimaru being there to shed some light, we may find out more about the Hyuuga & Byakugan’s past and origins.

Kishimoto always seems to make parallels. Such as Naruto & Sasuke paralleling Hashirama & Tobirama/Madara, or MinaKushi paralleling NaruHina (or Narusaku), or the Legendary Sannin paralleling Team 7, which leads me to my next point. It’s clear that the Senju & Uzumaki are related, so what could be the parallel of the Uzumaki for the Uchiha? The Hyuuga’s easily fit this role of being the Uchiha’s “Uzumakis”.

Another theory I have is that the Byakugan does indeed have a second state that can be achieved, but in order to achieve it, you must be pure, to be someone like Hinata, while the Uchiha have to be Impure, since the Uchihas’ method of gaining more eye power involves stealing & killing, as well as deep despair. This might explain why there are not any known Hyuuga’s with an enhanced Byakugan, as it is harder to be pure than impure. I believe this 2nd state or level to be the spiral eyes of the Sage’s Elder Son, which would also represent her affinity with Naruto, who is of the Uzumaki, who have a spiral as their symbol.

Also, Hyuugas have white eyes, while the Uchihas have black, which are the colours of the Ying-Yang sign, further hinting at their relationship and how the Byakugan is a pure eye & the Sharingan is an impure eye. Further more, while Hyugas are ussually depicted with a blue aura, Uchihas are seen with a red one instead.

But then, why is the Byakugan “pure” while the Sharingan is “impure”? Well, my answer to that goes something like this. When the Elder son inherited his father’s eyes, he also got some of the Juubi’s chakra inside him some how, but it remained dormaint and didn’t affect him much. But when his father died ANDchose his younger brother instead of him to be his succesor, he felt hate, jealousy, sadness, envy and anger , which caused the Juubi’s sleeping chakra inside him to awaken and cause his white eyes to turn red.
The Elder son then had two children of his own, one with his original white eyes, and the other with his Juubi-influenced eyes, thus eventually giving birth to the Byakugan and Hyuga & Sharingan and Uchiha.

The cloud GREATLY desired the Byakugan for their own keeping going as far as to even kidnap a little Hinata. So, why not go after the Sharingan? Actually, now that I think about it, it seems like more non-Konohaians know about the Sharingan than they know about the Byakugan, as seen by Zabuza. It’s seems clear to me that the main house has been hiding secrets of the Byakugan from everyone for a long time, why else would they take the extra precaution to give their Candet branch family members the “Caged Bird” Cursed seals?

Also, with Hinata now seemingly playing a larger role, the Byakugan might as well play a larger role too. I just can’t see her disappearing into the back ground after this. She’s clearly been elevated into a higher possession in terms of a character. I’m not just saying this as a Hinata fan, but with Neji dead, there is no other actual Hyuuga character aside from Hinata who could be used to further explain the Byakugan‘s past and (possibly) it‘s new abilities.

Thank You for reading, let me know your non-biased thoughts please smile.gif

Ok, my non biased honest answer. Hinata is a sidecharacter. Her latest screentime is because of her development and resolving her character. This is from a storytelling point of view, so i highly doubt any powerup or special screentime in future.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Before I can comment, I have to correct you one thing. The interview never happened and the last interview was in fact from the RtN promotion. Other than that, I shall read more.

#5 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Think the Byakugan and Sharingan link has been retconed. Agreed there isn't any proof of it either way but let's go in what you said afterwards.

This is just speculation and personal opionion. The only argument I can bring against it is that you went to far speculating.

And yet just now in the manga we are shown that NO mention of Hyuuga was made when Madara and Hashirama founded the village. Nor did the Hyuuga show up at the peace treaty.

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/625/10

Madara and Hashirama discuss the desire of 2 clans that indirectly refer to the future conflict between Danzou and Hiruzen.

How does the Ying-Yang symbol = Byakugan

Ok you said it's the Hyuuga's clan symbol but can't see it in the manga anywhere.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Well, in a way, Kishi somewhat saved himself by saying "they say..." in a rumor way. So yeah, that saved him from making convulated.

#7 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think its ironic the Hyuugas spend so much energy to keep their bloodline pure, while the Byakuugan and the Hyuuga clan itself is likely the result of a diluded uchiha blood.

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

My shipping goggles have been off so.

Anyway, the premise you propose is really interesting and a good theory, but I am not sure Kishi would really act upon this. As 4life3g said, the interview you posted is fake so we can't really go off that. We also have the possibility that Kishi either retconned the Byakugan or chooses not to follow up on that. We could also chaulk this up to the Hyuuga possibly lying about the Byakugan seeing how the Sharingan and Rinnegan can read ancient text from the Sage, but the Byakugan can't. They could have ran this theory so the Uchiha didn't get all the credit, but from what evidence showed much later in the series seems to contradict what Kakashi said in part 1.

I guess if Kishi wanted to expand he could, but I doubt it. No offense, but Hinata has been reduced to nothing more than pairing fodder now. (I hate it too.)

As for the "oldest clan" in the Konoha. This might be taken in the wrong context. It might not be the "oldest clan to there who founded Konoha," but rather "The oldest clan, history wise, to join our village." It's quite possible the Uchiha people existed, but not as a clan quite yet before the Hyuuga. Like saying the Hyuuga clan name existed long before the Uchiha clan formed.

I don't know, it is up to Kishi whether he wants to follow through with this. Form what it looks like now, he either retconned it or feels it is not quite as important or the Hyuuga might be making stuff up as history tends to do that sometimes. The Hyuuga's were sort of a rival clan to the Uchiha and I can see them saying stuff like "We have the superior eye" or starting rumors to show it.

One thing is undeniable, the Uchiha held secrets that the Six Paths left behind and only they, and people with a Rinnegan, can read it.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

It's like I said, I think the fact he said "They say..." is being treated as a rumor, unlike the way how everyone in recent events has been saying it as facts. So in a way, I think Kishi could get away with it without too much damage to his story. I think, as some fans from Japan has said in comments, the point of Hyuuga clan is the demonstration of a clan of one is superior over another and how the "inferior" should be treated the same. I remember some one from outside the world stated that he feels the same as Neji and can relate to him. So you can say that this manga is tackling on that problem in society. That's how it's written in here at least.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 12 2013, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's like I said, I think the fact he said "They say..." is being treated as a rumor, unlike the way how everyone in recent events has been saying it as facts. So in a way, I think Kishi could get away with it without too much damage to his story. I think, as some fans from Japan has said in comments, the point of Hyuuga clan is the demonstration of a clan of one is superior over another and how the "inferior" should be treated the same. I remember some one from outside the world stated that he feels the same as Neji and can relate to him. So you can say that this manga is tackling on that problem in society. That's how it's written in here at least.

Propaganda hooooo!!!
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

I dont know if anyone notice this but the Dojutsu have a very interesting thing in common. They were all hyped up before a major battle. Let me demonstrate:

Sharingan:
Before Kakashi actually used the Sharingan for the first time, the Sharingan was extremly hyped up. It is an all powerful eye justsu, it can do that, and this, its extremely deadly yadadadada...
When the sharingan was introduced and used Sasuke got it and it was no big deal. It was everyday. Ororchmaru still took the all powerful sharingan to school. There was no reason to hype it up anymore.

Byakuugan:
When Neji was fighting Hinata Kakashi pilled up a whole bunch of info about the byakugan and the Hyuugas, specificly Neji. They stop your chakra, they can see the chakra points, 360 vision, gentle fist, yadadadadada, neji is the best, you will have to fight him and so on... It was all done so Naruto taking the Byakuugan to school would not look mediocer. Who would actually be impresed by the fight if the Byakugan was just some lame ass justsu used by some stuck up jerk? Nobody. But the pride of Konoha being used by the genius of Hyuuga ebing beaten by Naruto? Thats something.

Mangekyou Sharingan:
When the Sharingan just wasn`t enough to be interesting it needed an upgrade. So here we have a better sharingan that creates portals, and undying fires, and ilusions and mind control and unstopable chakra mecha (susanoo), an all sealing blade and what not. And guess what... I`t had ONE single draw back. It took your vision. So it kept us interested. And its power was hyped up until the Sasuke vs Itachi fight. Then it was fully revealed and measured and compared, and then Sasuke got it. And it was everyday all over again. Even Kakashi had the Mangekyou. Impresed I was`t anymore. Lets kick it up a notch.

Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan:
All the perks of MS but without the loss of vision. It was hyped up by Madara and then Sasuke got it and well what else is new. Time for:

Rinnegan:
OMFG the dojutsu of Rikudou sennin. It is blow your socks off awesome. It takes the sharingan to preschool. Thats what we were told during the Jiraya Pain fight and Naruto vs Pain. The Rinnegan was just getting more and more hyped until... Obito got it. Then obito had it, Madara had it, The jinjuriki had it and it was old again.

My point is that all of these justsu got hyped to death up until the battle that they were used in and then got downgraded to everyday jutsu basicly.
The byakuugan became a scout justu, sharingan became a childs toy, mangekyou became the thing that made you blind.
We only have EMS and the Rinnegan to desire. And even Rinnegan got a bit mainstream.
The byakuugan is ultimatly the most useless uf the bunch. Its a dojutsu wash out.

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ Apr 12 2013, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know if anyone notice this but the Dojutsu have a very interesting thing in common. They were all hyped up before a major battle. Let me demonstrate:

Sharingan:
Before Kakashi actually used the Sharingan for the first time, the Sharingan was extremly hyped up. It is an all powerful eye justsu, it can do that, and this, its extremely deadly yadadadada...
When the sharingan was introduced and used Sasuke got it and it was no big deal. It was everyday. Ororchmaru still took the all powerful sharingan to school. There was no reason to hype it up anymore.

Byakuugan:
When Neji was fighting Hinata Kakashi pilled up a whole bunch of info about the byakugan and the Hyuugas, specificly Neji. They stop your chakra, they can see the chakra points, 360 vision, gentle fist, yadadadadada, neji is the best, you will have to fight him and so on... It was all done so Naruto taking the Byakuugan to school would not look mediocer. Who would actually be impresed by the fight if the Byakugan was just some lame ass justsu used by some stuck up jerk? Nobody. But the pride of Konoha being used by the genius of Hyuuga ebing beaten by Naruto? Thats something.

Mangekyou Sharingan:
When the Sharingan just wasn`t enough to be interesting it needed an upgrade. So here we have a better sharingan that creates portals, and undying fires, and ilusions and mind control and unstopable chakra mecha (susanoo), an all sealing blade and what not. And guess what... I`t had ONE single draw back. It took your vision. So it kept us interested. And its power was hyped up until the Sasuke vs Itachi fight. Then it was fully revealed and measured and compared, and then Sasuke got it. And it was everyday all over again. Even Kakashi had the Mangekyou. Impresed I was`t anymore. Lets kick it up a notch.

All the perks of MS but without the loss of vision. It was hyped up by Madara and then Sasuke got it and well what else is new. Time for:

Rinnegan:
OMFG the dojutsu of Rikudou sennin. It is blow your socks off awesome. It takes the sharingan to preschool. Thats what we were told during the Jiraya Pain fight and Naruto vs Pain. The Rinnegan was just getting more and more hyped until... Obito got it. Then obito had it, Madara had it, The jinjuriki had it and it was old again.

My point is that all of these justsu got hyped to death up until the battle that they were used in and then got downgraded to everyday jutsu basicly.
The byakuugan became a scout justu, sharingan became a childs toy, mangekyou became the thing that made you blind.
We only have EMS and the Rinnegan to desire. And even Rinnegan got a bit mainstream.
The byakuugan is ultimatly the most useless uf the bunch. Its a dojutsu wash out.

Doubt Kishi will make the byakugan into a super dojutsu. Or maybe NaruHina101 is trying to give some purpose for Hinata in the story. Sorry she's a side character and her purpose is to create tension with the NS pairing.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 12 2013, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt Kishi will make the byakugan into a super dojutsu. Or maybe NaruHina101 is trying to give some purpose for Hinata in the story. Sorry she's a side character and her purpose is to create tension with the NS pairing.

Of course he wont. The Byakuugan is the weekest of the 3 and is a scouting dojutsu. Obito didnt even bother getting it.

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ Apr 12 2013, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sharingan:

Byakuugan:

Mangekyou Sharingan:

Rinnegan:

We can also add "Wood" technique to this one as well. While it is not an eye, it is funny how just like it was said to be the most powerful and now seems like every single villain has it. So, now even that has diminished.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 12 2013, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can also add "Wood" technique to this one as well. While it is not an eye, it is funny how just like it was said to be the most powerful and now seems like every single villain has it. So, now even that has diminished.

Well, wood style is technically just water and earth styles used simultaneously. But still, for the Sharingan types to be effective,
minus susanno and amaterasu, you need to look into the enemies eyes.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#16 FrenchMyToast

FrenchMyToast

NaruSaku

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Naruto, Fanfiction, NS Forums

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I agree with most the replies. While it is a nice and well thought out theory, it doesn't really make sense plot-wise. What is the purpose of giving Hinata a powerup? If anybody needs a powerup, it would be Sakura or even Sasuke. Sakura is the heroine who really needs something to get her on par with her teammates, and Sasuke needs to catch up to Naruto's new power level. Ask yourself this and answer in an unbiased POV. How important is Hinata, exactly? I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing her, but we need to acknowledge the flow of the story and its key points before making any theories. a_thumbs.gif

I honestly believe that Kishi hyped up the Hyuga and Byakugan more than intended in the early part of the manga (Chuunin Exam Arc), and now people are overestimating their importance. The only clans who are actually important in this story are the Uchiha and Senju. The Uzumaki are a distant third, but if they are related to the SO6P or something they'll get a major boost. And it would just be bad writing if Kishi just throws in a major powerup like this. It's a new dojutsu power. And we know how much he loves his eye techniques. dry.gif I would think that there would be some sort of bigger clue regarding a Byakugan evolution than anything pointed out in the OP.

Edited by FrenchMyToast, 12 April 2013 - 10:51 PM.

tumblr_inline_miqr434aWD1qz4rgp.gif

NaruSaku - Because development doesn't lie. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers - San Francisco Giants

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ Apr 12 2013, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, wood style is technically just water and earth styles used simultaneously. But still, for the Sharingan types to be effective,
minus susanno and amaterasu, you need to look into the enemies eyes.

"Technically" yes, but it was still a kekkei genkai like the Sharingan. However, it was also said to be one of the more powerful kekkei genkai that was hyped to be "Oh this was so powerful that only the First could use it. Even his direct blood line never inherited it," yet later on in the series we see several people use it all because they injected the Hashirama's DNA in their body and it starts to lose that "This is an awesome power" motif.

That was the problem, yes it is as simple as combining earth and water, but not just anyone could do that. Unlike the Sharingan which was passed down through genetics. Basically, it is easier to get a Sharingan than it is to gain Wood technique.

It's not like Naruto could combine his wind and water to create ice. While yes you can do that, you have to have the bloodline for it like what Haku had. So what they all have in common is they are a rather exclusive technique.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 12 2013, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Technically" yes, but it was still a kekkei genkai like the Sharingan. However, it was also said to be one of the more powerful kekkei genkai that was hyped to be "Oh this was so powerful that only the First could use it. Even his direct blood line never inherited it," yet later on in the series we see several people use it all because they injected the Hashirama's DNA in their body and it starts to lose that "This is an awesome power" motif.

That was the problem, yes it is as simple as combining earth and water, but not just anyone could do that. Unlike the Sharingan which was passed down through genetics. Basically, it is easier to get a Sharingan than it is to gain Wood technique.

It's not like Naruto could combine his wind and water to create ice. While yes you can do that, you have to have the bloodline for it like what Haku had. So what they all have in common is they are a rather exclusive technique.

WWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt a minute. Since when can Naruto use Water type ninjutsu? wot.gif Did I miss something?

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Shadow1275 @ Apr 12 2013, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt a minute. Since when can Naruto use Water type ninjutsu? wot.gif Did I miss something?

Well...technically he has never shown using water in the manga, but his frogs can. Still the point still stands. He just can't combine them to create ice that easily. You have to have the genetics for it.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

How many threads we have about Hinata?

Also just to not lose the trip "+1".

The hyuuga clan is inspired by a form of martial art on china, it's just a fail attempt to make the hyuugas relevant to the plot.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 12 April 2013 - 11:57 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users