408 replies to this topic

#381 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

I think all original VAs will return to their roles. I think the real question is who will voice Patty?

They might not do, Troy Baker would probably demand more this time around, and unlike before Microsoft are not footing the bill for this one, and it's not a small task either, all the skits are voiced in this version of the game.

I have no idea who will voice Patty, probably someone who sounds like a annoying brat. I don't think Bamco have made any announcements regarding the VA's for the western release.

iAnby7W.gif

#382 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

It will be interesting to see if they use the same VA's they did for the original game or if they will hire a new set of VA's. The original game had Troy Baker voicing Yuri, and he wasn't anywhere near as popular as he is nowadays so I expect he'd be more expensive to hire now. Plus they had MS financing the game so the English dub had better actors than the other Tales games.

The game has a lot more extra dialogue since it introduced (I think it's Patty) one more character and has extra missions, so they would need to get in the old cast to rerecord their lines, or hire a new group, that said it was rumoured that there were plans to bring the definitive version to the PS3 and that Troy and other actors had been hired to voice the new lines before the project was canned due to some issue with MS owning exclusive rights to the game or something or another, we don't know the actual reason because they never came even officially announced the PS3 release, let alone why it was cancelled.

I say Symphonia, Grace, Abyss, Vesperia, Legendia and Berseria had the best english cast to me more so than the others. Vesperia and Symphonia are my top favorite

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#383 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

I think all original VAs will return to their roles. I think the real question is who will voice Patty?

Nope. The game will have their Japanese voices with Eng Subs. I think Troy Baker said he was done doing JRPG's. Not to mention how much money they will have to pay the original English cast. It's better to release it with Jap voices like they did with Hearts R. It will save them a whole lot of money.

Edited by Gravenimage, 14 July 2018 - 11:54 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#384 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

Funny thing is I finally got my copy of Vesperia on the PS3 of course the JP import a few weeks back. But I don't care since I  basically know the whole story except for Patty's. I've been playing the living hell out of it reaching to a 182 hours of gameplay.

Edited by Gravenimage, 14 July 2018 - 11:54 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#385 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

They might not do, Troy Baker would probably demand more this time around, and unlike before Microsoft are not footing the bill for this one, and it's not a small task either, all the skits are voiced in this version of the game.

I have no idea who will voice Patty, probably someone who sounds like a annoying brat. I don't think Bamco have made any announcements regarding the VA's for the western release.

Yeah they may not. Well, regardless of speculation on that aspect, it does not change anybody's mind though, does it? :hehehe:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#386 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

GI, may I ask where you heard this? Because according a number of sites I've been on about the Definite Edition, including this one, it's been reported that the DV is going to be dual-audio. While they may not bring in the original cast to re-dub the entire game again, they may rehire them to voice the segments of the game that were exclusive to the PS3 edition. 

Edited by Kagomaru, 14 July 2018 - 12:23 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#387 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

GI, may I ask where you heard this? Because according a number of sites I've been on about the Definite Edition, including this one, it's been reported that the DV is going to be dual-audio. While they may not bring in the original cast to re-dub the entire game again, they may rehire them to voice the segments of the game that were exclusive to the PS3 edition. 

So they're planning to do the dual audio? I didn't know that. This changes everything. I guess now I know what it means by" definitive edition". I just hope they use the original Eng VC. I don't want it to turn like Dawn of the New World where they change many of the Symphonia character's voices actors mainly Lloyd. But anyway yay I want Michelle Ruff to return to voice Rita she did an awesome job as the genius mage. For Patty's VA I'm between Brina Palencia and Lucy Christian who ironically voiced Rita in the Vesperia movie the first strike. 

Edited by Gravenimage, 14 July 2018 - 06:20 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#388 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:24 AM

What I found slightly worrying was that the latest promo video for the Anime Expo, did not include any in-game dialogue, hopefully this is just down to the dub being early in development.

We do know that Troy and the cast had been hired a decade ago to record the extra lines for the PS3 version before it was axed, but we don't know what happened to those files, if all the lines were fully recorded, or if they even kept the recordings. Hopefully they were kept and the recordings were completed.

I know I'm not the only one curious about the English Dub, and I'm pretty sure Namco have not confirmed one way or another. The Japanese voices are going to be fine as well, but then the issue is the subtitles are still for the English Dub and you have these weird moments where you know that the words spoken and subtitles are very different.

iAnby7W.gif

#389 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

That's why I hope that the reports that the game will give you audio options are fully verified via trailers.I When a NA game distributor/localization company decides to leave a Japanese game in its original language, it's imperative to  ensure that the translations are at least 90% in their accuracy and not do a half-assed job of it.  This was the case for Tales of Hearts R, where fans fluent in japanese pointed out that numerous lines in the game did not match up with the spoken dialogue at all. Or how the context of conversations were altered and taken wildly away from their intended meaning, and how terminologies were changed. It even led fan translators to speculate the localization team was originally intended for the game to have an English dub. 

Edited by Kagomaru, 22 July 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#390 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Yeah Tales of Hearts R was bad, You realise early that the words and the text don't match up.

iAnby7W.gif

#391 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:59 PM

Yeah Tales of Hearts R was bad, You realise early that the words and the text don't match up.

I noticed this too. It was sad but I still enjoyed the game. Strangely after beating it once I don't feel like paying it anymore. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#392 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

Well one of the questions I had about Vesperia has been answered, turns out that are going to keep the lines Troy Baker recorded but the new lines are being recorded by someone else, which is a odd move, considering the extra lines are quite extensive, with the entire skits being voiced now and the scenes with Patty as well, that's going to lead to  scenes with Troy one second and then you'll go to the new actor the next, there is also the the possibility during the fights some moves will be voiced by Troy and then others by the new actor.

This pretty much decides for me that i'll be playing the game with the Japanese voice actors.

http://www.playstati...laced/#/slide/1

iAnby7W.gif

#393 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Well one of the questions I had about Vesperia has been answered, turns out that are going to keep the lines Troy Baker recorded but the new lines are being recorded by someone else, which is a odd move, considering the extra lines are quite extensive, with the entire skits being voiced now and the scenes with Patty as well, that's going to lead to  scenes with Troy one second and then you'll go to the new actor the next, there is also the the possibility during the fights some moves will be voiced by Troy and then others by the new actor.

This pretty much decides for me that i'll be playing the game with the Japanese voice actors.

http://www.playstati...laced/#/slide/1

So half of Yuri's voice will be done by the original Troy Baker and the other half will be done by another voice actor. I do hope that VA sounds exactly like Troy otherwise it will be a horrible job. It will make the fans that like hearing the English voices wanting to hear the Japanese ones. In my case when it comes to Vesperia I prefer Jap voices and Eng subs. 

Not Tales related but I'll be buying the Japanese version of Shinning Resonance for the PS3. Though I heard the game it's finally going to be localize to NA this year. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#394 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

I also found out from Troy Baker on Twitter that Namco Bandai didn't contact him to reprise his role for the Definitive version, which left him feeling quite disappointed since Yuri is one of his most beloved roles and he would've been happy to play as him again. On the other hand, the new VA sounds pretty close to Troy based on the recent video, so it may not be too distracting for dub fans.

Edited by Kagomaru, 22 September 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#395 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

So half of Yuri's voice will be done by the original Troy Baker and the other half will be done by another voice actor. I do hope that VA sounds exactly like Troy otherwise it will be a horrible job. It will make the fans that like hearing the English voices wanting to hear the Japanese ones. In my case when it comes to Vesperia I prefer Jap voices and Eng subs. 

Not Tales related but I'll be buying the Japanese version of Shinning Resonance for the PS3. Though I heard the game it's finally going to be localize to NA this year.

Shining Resonance already came out early this month for PS4 and has dual audio. It also has all of DLC content included on the base game, plus a new additional story mode. So, if you want to get it now, you can buy it without importing. :)

Edited by Kagomaru, 22 September 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#396 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

Didn't Shining Resonance come out in July? I played the Demo for it back in June, as it was one of the few jRPG's to come out on the xbox.

As for the VA, I am disappointed Troy Baker is not returning, I still think it's one of his greatest roles to date, he really nails down his outer carefree attitude, with the darker undertones, and his chemistry with the other characters is really well done. The replacement does sound like him, but lacks the depth of the character, very much like a imitation, almost robotic.

iAnby7W.gif

#397 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:01 PM

http://www.abyssalch...railer-released

New tales game was finally reveal yesterday at MS's conference, I'm liking the new art direction the game is taking, while I will miss the anime look of the previous games, they've been using the same style for over a decade now so a change was due, though I'm not sure I'm happy about them dropping the ia at the end of the name, should be Tales of Arisia.

Hopefully we get more details seen, the characters look like Ludger from xillia 2 and the female lead looks like Laila from Zesteria., hopefully we will find out more during the Tales festival if they are still taking place in mid June.

iAnby7W.gif

#398 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

I am really looking forward to finding out more, it looks gorgeous!!! :D

#399 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

Didn't Shining Resonance come out in July? I played the Demo for it back in June, as it was one of the few jRPG's to come out on the xbox.

As for the VA, I am disappointed Troy Baker is not returning, I still think it's one of his greatest roles to date, he really nails down his outer carefree attitude, with the darker undertones, and his chemistry with the other characters is really well done. The replacement does sound like him, but lacks the depth of the character, very much like a imitation, almost robotic.

the trailer looked good and we'll see in 2020

#400 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:07 PM

So here's the new trailer in case no one was keeping up

Alphen and Shionne have a rather unique and interesting dynamic. Alphen can't feel pain and Shionne has a curse that inflicts unbearable pain on whoever touches her and vice versa. That actually makes me more interested in how the relationship between them will develop :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 September 2019 - 10:27 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users