LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

On the positive side of things AmaLee possibly one of the best anime covers singers did this, and wow it was great!

btw, I encourage ya'll to watch the video cause she inserted herself  with Team 7 organically also nice moments with Sakura too :D 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27002 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

I've listened to a few of her songs before, she's really good! And those drawings!

Anyway, saw Aquaman with my uncle (late to the party, I know) and I thought it was amazing!

I couldn't help but notice a few similarities and other things that should have been in Naruto:

Arthur was not a deep thinker, but he wasn't a complete idiot either. I thought the movie established pretty well why he should be King instead of just handing it to him. In Naruto, the protagonist remains a complete idiot and the position was just given to him because the plot demanded it.

Arthur and Meera had pretty good chemistry, and of course, it reminded me of NaruSaku. Meera didn't like Arthur at first, they argued quite a bit, but after a bit they warmed up to one another. I loved how Meera was a strong woman who did what she felt was right and helped Arthur find his way.

Again, a lot of elements NaruSaku could have had if Kishi had the balls (or the brains) to follow through with it.

Orm's motives were justified (though his means certainly were not). The battles between him and Aquaman made sense in the context of the movie, wheras Naruto vs Sasuke were just random hacks that didn't add up. Even though they thought of each other as enemies, they did have a moment between them where they expressed they did not want to have the animosity between them that they did. The way it was settled at the end was a surprise for me, but not an unwelcome one and made me WANT to have hope for the bad guy. With Sasuke Kishi just took the easy route and I just felt he didn't deserve any of what he got at the end.

Just my thoughts. I normally don't go about comparing movies to anime (let alone Naruto) but I couldn't help but notice those things. I don't know why. 

#27003 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

I know GT isn't necessarily canon now, but I found myself watching this again, and boy its much better for a part 3 then Boruto has done so far: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27004 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

It is definitely Better than the fan fiction trash that is called "Naruto the Last Movie" :zaru: At least they are trying to make a story of their own instead of pushing a "shipping agenda" 

I've listened to a few of her songs before, she's really good! And those drawings!

Anyway, saw Aquaman with my uncle (late to the party, I know) and I thought it was amazing!

I couldn't help but notice a few similarities and other things that should have been in Naruto:

Arthur was not a deep thinker, but he wasn't a complete idiot either. I thought the movie established pretty well why he should be King instead of just handing it to him. In Naruto, the protagonist remains a complete idiot and the position was just given to him because the plot demanded it.

Arthur and Meera had pretty good chemistry, and of course, it reminded me of NaruSaku. Meera didn't like Arthur at first, they argued quite a bit, but after a bit they warmed up to one another. I loved how Meera was a strong woman who did what she felt was right and helped Arthur find his way.
Again, a lot of elements NaruSaku could have had if Kishi had the balls (or the brains) to follow through with it.

Orm's motives were justified (though his means certainly were not). The battles between him and Aquaman made sense in the context of the movie, wheras Naruto vs Sasuke were just random hacks that didn't add up. Even though they thought of each other as enemies, they did have a moment between them where they expressed they did not want to have the animosity between them that they did. The way it was settled at the end was a surprise for me, but not an unwelcome one and made me WANT to have hope for the bad guy. With Sasuke Kishi just took the easy route and I just felt he didn't deserve any of what he got at the end.

Just my thoughts. I normally don't go about comparing movies to anime (let alone Naruto) but I couldn't help but notice those things. I don't know why.

I watched it recently and I loved it a lot too :happy: One of my favourite movies of the year so far. Also you for got to mention that Mera would be a fully fleshed out and interesting character with or without being the "love interest". Can't say the same for Hinata or even Sakura at this point :no:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 January 2019 - 09:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27005 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

plenty of characters like that in xenoverse 2. ssj4 vegeta's final shine attack, baby vegeta's revenge death ball, db super full power super saiyan broly's gigantic roar, ultra instinct goku's godly display, jiren's power rush, etc, mostly because their ultimate moves are op oneshot moves. gigantic roar, broly's move, can do up to 30k damage if you're at critical health and have all stat boosts possible, which is insane. I think the main problem with anime games these days is they're listening too much to fans who want pvp to the point they balance and nerf moves so none of them can do that anymore. last I checked, people play anime games for the anime, not for competitive, unless its something like fighterz. but they don't need to make every anime game like fighterz. there are plenty of people that don't even like pvp and only play offline and just want to enjoy the story and characters of the anime in a game.

I am one of those people. Though I don't mind a co-op every now and then.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27006 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

I am one of those people. Though I don't mind a co-op every now and then.

same here, and yeah I also love co-op.

also you'll love this:

https://www.boxoffic...t/?id=anime.htm

https://en.wikipedia...ing_anime_films

dragon ball super broly, in only 6 days, has become the number 3 top grossing anime movie in the united states at $21 million, only behind the first 2 pokemon movies, surpassing spirited away, yugioh, boruto, the last naruto the movie, sword art online, everything.

worldwide, dragon ball super broly is at $88.6 million and is at the number 12 spot of top worldwide anime films. take that naruto, guess dragon ball and naruto really are night and day lol

now I really wanna see the broly movie, I'm waiting for it to come to dvd.

Edited by ultranx, 22 January 2019 - 10:11 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#27007 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:07 AM

Problem with the argument is that it applied to the manga only. Most fans head towards the anime were its "tamed", so to speak.  There was a lot of stuff (scenes, character gestures, etc,) that were edited because its was considered as a "teens" demographic show. Though Naruto isn't nowhere near the intense graphic seinen like Berserk.

You can get away with a lot more in some formats than in others. Like with the compilation movies of Gundam SEED, they did a bit of the sex scene between Kira and Flay and added nipples to the Remaster of Destiny because, due to price, the average kid isn't going to buy them. But in the TV series itself, which was a lot more accessible, the implicati on that Kira and Flay had sex garnered controversy. Gundam IBO got flak for confirming Atra, a loli, got pregnant but then you look at recent Fire Emblem games where you can breed...crap, Elise can't be older than 9 in the Japanese version appearently (funnily enough, in Japan IBO was airing right before Yugioh. In America it was rated TV-MA).

If you have to pay to experience it, like a game, physical copy or even just the manga, that seems to be the major factor here. But if you can experience it for free, then they're a lot more picky about what is and is not allowed for the exact same age group.

Edited by RulesofNature, 24 January 2019 - 01:12 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27008 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

You can get away with a lot more in some formats than in others. Like with the compilation movies of Gundam SEED, they did a bit of the sex scene between Kira and Flay and added nipples to the Remaster of Destiny because, due to price, the average kid isn't going to buy them. But in the TV series itself, which was a lot more accessible, the implicati on that Kira and Flay had sex garnered controversy. Gundam IBO got flak for confirming Atra, a loli, got pregnant but then you look at recent Fire Emblem games where you can breed...crap, Elise can't be older than 9 in the Japanese version appearently (funnily enough, in Japan IBO was airing right before Yugioh. In America it was rated TV-MA).

If you have to pay to experience it, like a game, physical copy or even just the manga, that seems to be the major factor here. But if you can experience it for free, then they're a lot more picky about what is and is not allowed for the exact same age group.

This is especially confusing when series like Fist of the North Star and JoJo's bizarre adventure are considered Shonen.

Now I can understand not putting Saitama in the game because "he would just one punch everyone," but how is One Punch Man not a Shonen when more violent and more gritty anime are?

That makes zero sense to me. Oh well. maybe someone will mod it to include Saitama. I hope they put Kuro-sensei in the game. (Assassination Classroom)

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 January 2019 - 07:44 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27009 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

This is especially confusing when series like Fist of the North Star and JoJo's bizarre adventure are considered Shonen.

Now I can understand not putting Saitama in the game because "he would just one punch everyone," but how is One Punch Man not a Shonen when more violent and more gritty anime are?

That makes zero sense to me. Oh well. maybe someone will mod it to include Saitama. I hope they put Kuro-sensei in the game. (Assassination Classroom)

It would still be good for Saitama to punch Naruto in his god damn face.

#27010 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

Well, that's why I'm buying the game. to have EVERY other SUPERIOR Shonen Jump series do that :yes:

My guess is that even though the actual manga is under Shueisha's license, it is not in line with Weekly Shonen Jump, since they are strictly sticking only to that magazine, unless I'm mistaken. Not to mention the actual source material is not produced by Sueisha at all. Well that's just my guess

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 January 2019 - 12:31 AM.

#27011 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

Well, that's why I'm buying the game. to have EVERY other SUPERIOR Shonen Jump series do that :yes:

My guess is that even though the actual manga is under Shueisha's license, it is not in line with Weekly Shonen Jump, since they are strictly sticking only to that magazine, unless I'm mistaken. Not to mention the actual source material is not produced by Sueisha at all. Well that's just my guess

This is mostly it. When they solicited OPM, it was a seinen magazine that picked it up. Therefore it's marketed as a seinen manga despite it's anime getting a lower rating in America than the shonen Gundam IBO.

There's a couple factors with Jojo. Again, for the longest time you needed to pay to experience it. Now it has an anime... that airs when most kids are asleep. Death Note, another Shonen title, did the same thing. Again, if you can freely see it it's going to be judged more harshly. Another factor is that anime/manga could get away with a lot more back then but the industry has changed. Now the show itself is a viable product (thanks to the success of Evangelion, which was marketed as shonen), and due to being distributed around the world they tone it down to make it less offensive to other nations. Like, anime doesn't have the nudity in it's shonen shows now that they did in the 80's/90's.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27012 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:40 AM

This is mostly it. When they solicited OPM, it was a seinen magazine that picked it up. Therefore it's marketed as a seinen manga despite it's anime getting a lower rating in America than the shonen Gundam IBO.

There's a couple factors with Jojo. Again, for the longest time you needed to pay to experience it. Now it has an anime... that airs when most kids are asleep. Death Note, another Shonen title, did the same thing. Again, if you can freely see it it's going to be judged more harshly. Another factor is that anime/manga could get away with a lot more back then but the industry has changed. Now the show itself is a viable product (thanks to the success of Evangelion, which was marketed as shonen), and due to being distributed around the world they tone it down to make it less offensive to other nations. Like, anime doesn't have the nudity in it's shonen shows now that they did in the 80's/90's.

Yeah, they've been cracking down on "exposure" since at least the turn of the decade with more mainstream anime all the way down to simple pantyshots with the light of heaven / shadow of hell blocking stuff, requiring you to get the DVD/blu-ray of the series to see it in full or hope that whichever station is airing the series doesn't have such restrictions.

Like the station that aired each Highschool DxD series was able to display everything in full glory whereas the station that aired Motto To-Love-Ru / To-Love-Ru Darkness had the dreaded beams / shadows, lol

2e5.gif

#27013 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

I remember looking at a Youtube video about "What if Naruto married Sakura?" (Not Kryptonian Sayajin's). In the comments, one claimed that Naruto would be miserable, hate his life and avoid his kids. And one replied:

THAT'S THE CANON ENDING

HAHAHAHAHAHA - Yes, that's sooooo true! NH-ers seem to forget that, don't they?!?

#27014 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

NH-ers "forget" A LOT of things unless it is how Naruto and Hinata are a "match made in heaven". Then they burn that into their long-term memories. :zaru:  Just saying  :yes:  :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 January 2019 - 12:28 AM.

#27015 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:52 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA - Yes, that's sooooo true! NH-ers seem to forget that, don't they?!?

I'm sure they don't forget. It's just hard to acknowledge it. Seriously, who would want to deal with their ship ending up so bleak?

I actually feel kind of bad for them. Actually bad, not sarcastic or mockingly saying that. It can't be fun to like a ship and be as into it as shipper tend to be, have it become canon despite all odds only to realize that none of the build, the moments leading up to it, all the stuff romance stories in life and in fiction are made of ended up in the story at all. It was just thrown in at the end, with a movie trying mightily to justify it at the eleventh hour, when it's far too late to try and believably make a foundation for it. Then, worse than that, one of the two is so clearly miserable and unhappy with his life he skips any family event and spends almost no time with them to the point his son kinda hates him.

That's crushing. If NaruSaku had actually happened and the latter had been the end result it would feel like s***. I'm not shocked if they don't want to acknowledge any of that openly and get defensive.

bd5.jpg

#27016 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Well they are deluding themselves into thinking NH is some perfect, happy, life long romance so if they genuinely feel that way no sympathy is needed. It is those that REALIZE that NH is a retcon parody of fairy tale happy endings that need sympathy. At least they acknowledge that destroying/ ignoring the canon story is a pretty sad way to make a couple official.

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 January 2019 - 07:41 PM.

#27017 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

You I found this video today.

And the first few moments at the start describe Hinata.

-Unconditional love

-Disliking them is evil

-They're always right

-You're always wrong

There is more but I feel this fits perfect with how NH fans see Hinata.

#27018 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:48 AM

I've read a lot of NH fans saying they would have dropped Naruto if NS became canon (just so I wouldn't have had to dealt with them, if that's what it took I would have been even more for it if that were possible). 

Had Kishimoto truly planned to not pair anyone until the very end like in 700, they fail to realize that they would have finished by then anyway.

#27019 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

They would have dropped it, but are they paying for it? :zaru: THAT. Is the question. Are they actually supporting the franchise?

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 January 2019 - 11:50 AM.

#27020 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

And yet it never stops them from putting this in the back of every OPM manga.

But remember, "it is not a shonen manga."

So basically, it is like the Mjolnir rules. They really have no prerequisites for what actually qualifies as a Shonen and just really pick and choose what they want. (Same with Mjolnir. One minute Superman and Captain American lift it, the next they can't because "reasons.") OPM is not a Shonen, but doesn't stop them from plastering Shonen Jump all over the damn thing and advertise Boruto in the back of it.

OR....if it just an "American" Shonen Jump. Then the America port of this game should come with Saitama DLC.

That's just my opinion.

I remember looking at a Youtube video about "What if Naruto married Sakura?" (Not Kryptonian Sayajin's). In the comments, one claimed that Naruto would be miserable, hate his life and avoid his kids. And one replied:

THAT'S THE CANON ENDING

This is why I consider these people not real fans of this series. To them, the canon that is there is not the canon they believe exists and it is infuriating. They believe that Naruto has this fairy tale ending where he the Galient knight married the beautiful princess, but it is more like the squire married the princess because the stable girl he was in love with the evil wizard and squire didn't want to be alone the rest of his life. Naruto is not a fairy tale ending. It is a "give up on your dreams, settle down, and telling everyone "That's life, deal with it.""

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users