Close
Photo

Naruto 462

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#21 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Sep 4 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Itachi taught Sasuke how to hate, so that he would be strong enough to survive, but that also completely screwed up Sasuke's world view. Itachi kept him alive, but ruined his life.

This is why you should never listen to your big brother's! LOL

#22 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

I don't see what the huge surprise and negativity is for. Destiny had been introduced before, and so had Konoha's will of fire, except now it's being further elaborated. Hatred is a curse, and can be inherited from family and tragic events. Because of the Uchiha were ostracized and the Senju were favoured in Konoha, the Uchiha fell into despair and Itachi was forced to make the decision between working for his village or his family. He already overcame the 'curse' however, his extreme choice still affected Sasuke. We can already see that destiny has been broken, at least within one Uchiha's heart, but it still ended tragically. Here is Naruto once again, going to overcome destiny, but there is Sasuke who ironically acts like a pawn despite trying to fight. Sasuke is being used by the Akatsuki, by Tobi, and now even by fate. His spirit has been broken so he gives into destiny, but those who are truly strong go against it. Think Neji. He was jaded by what had happened to him so he resigned to fate, yet Naruto believed in himself enough to overcome it. I think that's what happened to these two clans over the years. Parent taught child to hate and kill, child never questioned it and felt justified by what the other side did to him, when that same aggressor went through the same hateful brainwashing and so they believed their cycle of hate and violence was something determined by fate. Because of this cycle bad things happen and it's easy to fall prey to it, but it takes something stronger to break it. This isn't a new concept, and in the ninja world it fits.

Naruto and Sasuke were always going to fight, we all knew that. We had set up that destiny in our heads since their rivalry in part one. They say its no accident that people of the Senju and Uchiha clan end up fighting and really it's not. History always comes back to haunt the future generations--once again another theme in part 2 and even part 1 Naruto. Past events have lead up to what happens now. Did Naruto and Sasuke just start fighting because of who they were related to? No, it was all these outside influences that brought them to this level. They didn't look at each other and say "Hey! We're going to fight now!"--well, they did but not like this. Either it breaks here so that the future generations are at peace, or both Naruto and Sasuke fall prey to their 'fate' and it continues on, spurring more and more hatred elsewhere.

I'm just waiting to see what happens. There is no point judging this chapter by itself, because its so dependant on what happens afterwards. This fate thing Madara is talking about can go in many directions. This is either foreshadowing and a lead-in to a large twist, or it's just the beginning of an overused 'destiny' concept that will be dragged out. My reaction right now is neutral--I need to see more before judging how I like this addition to the story.

#23 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Madara is right though. Sasuke chose everything on his own. Naruto, Sakura, and the the rookies that tried to rescue him were trying to change his decision. He left with Orochimaru after.

Itachi, his own kin, lets him kill him and tries to deter him from that path of vengeance. He still goes on to ignore Itachi's last wishes and crashes the Kage Summit in order to kill Danzo. I'm hoping that he realizes his mistakes in the end and dies for Naruto. Otherwise, having him stick around is like a sore thumb.

On another note, could the Elder's descendants be the Hyuuga as well? Since the Elder received the "eyes", the Rinnegan, they could be the ancestral eye of both the Uchiha and the Hyuuga. One ultimate Doujutsu spawning one hax, and one useful. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

If Naruto really is related to the First, it would make the entire lineage of Konoha's Kage just wicked. Naruto's already pretty much royalty at this point, but if he is somehow related to the First. He's just like a prince then. But if not, inheriting the Will of Fire from the Fourth, the Third and now the First, is a pretty big task. Hey, but he can handle it, after all, he's the one future leader that everyone is counting on.

#24 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

No surprise in the chapter (of course I couldn't keep myself from reading the spoiler). But, anyways... the chapter was okay, I mean, exacly what I expected. And what Madara said actually does make sence.

#25 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

In my mind that whole related thingy is more spiritual, all the teachings and stuff from the various hokage's and all, it would be a little to strangeif he was related by blood to the Senju clan, inheriting the Will of Fire, inheriting the way's of the younger son of the sage of the six paths, Seriously it's more spiritual but I could be wrong.

#26 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 4 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On another note, could the Elder's descendants be the Hyuuga as well? Since the Elder received the "eyes", the Rinnegan, they could be the ancestral eye of both the Uchiha and the Hyuuga. One ultimate Doujutsu spawning one hax, and one useful. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Reerrry?? Gosh, never heard of that one fu.png

#27 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Sep 4 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reerrry?? Gosh, never heard of that one fu.png

I NO RITE? REERRY. I AM GENIUS.

#28 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

Well, looks like Naruto and Sasuke's confrontation is fated. Then again, Naruto's never been too fond of the idea of fate and destiny and all that crap (see: Naruto versus Neji, Chuunin Exams).

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#29 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Sep 4 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, looks like Naruto and Sasuke's confrontation is fated. Then again, Naruto's never been too fond of the idea of fate and destiny and all that crap (see: Naruto versus Neji, Chuunin Exams).

Well, isn't irony a b*tch? wink.gif

#30 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

Yes, Cloud I do agree that Irony is a b*tch.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 04 September 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#31 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

I agree that you agree that I agree! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Copy-pastaing is sooooooooooo fun. hm.png

#32 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

LOL cloud Xd.

#33 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 4 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that you agree that I agree! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Copy-pastaing is sooooooooooo fun. hm.png

U also like copy-pasta? woot.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#34 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Sep 4 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U also like copy-pasta? woot.gif

omnomnom

#35 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

I DO agree with Freakzoid that it is annoying that Naruto purpose only seem to be to bring Sasuke back in to the light. I think that Kishimoto should just turn his manga into Sasuke instead of Naruto I mean serouilly, you just get the feeling that he likes Sasuke so much better then Naruto.

Oh, I had a feeling that he would play the fate card again soon as well. It just seemed fated to me that they would fight do to the hospital scene and Rivalry of the two.

Sorry, I just read the Chapter fully. Instead of just skimmed it.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 04 September 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#36 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

bringing Sasuke back into the light is a bigger deal then people think. this is about changing a fundamental choice of hatred and vengance, changing the nature of a person who Madara rightly called "A true avenger."

that is something that is going to require Naruto to push himself and Sasuke past the breaking point and towards a new understanding of each other and destiny.

Edited by catsi563, 05 September 2009 - 02:35 AM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#37 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

Hmm...I wonder what Sakura's role will be in all of this(if she has a major one).

overall a decent chapter...was expecting some more raikage pwnage XD

hope sasuke gets his arse kicked >=O!
OTP and my Bby

#38 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

Okay is it just me or did Naruto & Sakura have switch places in some sort? headscratch.gif

In part 1: Sakura worship Sasuke and would abuse anyone if they insult him while Naruto could care less but still see him as a rival & friends of sort.
In part 2: Naruto all emotional, protective, denial about Sasuke to the point where he can do no wrong while Sakura rarely thinks about him and is willing to sacrifice Sasuke over Naruto & Konoha

Naruto have become really pathetic in part 2 hell I can barely stand him anymore. He's fine any other time but when Sasuke is mention he gets hostile & depress. Seriously why can't he let Sasuke go? Why can't he accept the guy's decision and move on with his life? It's sad to say but if he had to choose in between saving Sakura (his love) & Sasuke (best friend) my dear NSers it would (unfortunately) Sasuke...

I hope when the NS encounter happens Sakura would knock some sense to him because "Sasuke" is becoming redundant. dry.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#39 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

I just want sakura to do some arse kicking, be by Naruto's side (Literally) and have more of a role right now.
I must admit, the whole 'Fate' thing was pretty interesting. a_thumbs.gif

Naruto, don't go and get yourself killed.. PLEASE.

#40 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

Naruto have become really pathetic in part 2 hell I can barely stand him anymore. He's fine any other time but when Sasuke is mention he gets hostile & depress. Seriously why can't he let Sasuke go? Why can't he accept the guy's decision and move on with his life? It's sad to say but if he had to choose in between saving Sakura (his love) & Sasuke (best friend) my dear NSers it would (unfortunately) Sasuke...

I hope when the NS encounter happens Sakura would knock some sense to him because "Sasuke" is becoming redundant. dry.gif

I got the same thought as you. I thought about it many times and I got confused too. Naruto is little dumb, maybe in part 1, Sasuke's the first person in his team who recognized Naruto as a friend. such aaas...the time when Sasuke gave his lunch to Naruto first (and the next is sakura). Then, Naruto had seen how big was Sasuke's determination to protect his friend, shown in...the time when Sasuke protected Naruto from Haku's needles attack. so...maybe from that time, Naruto stated that Sasuke was a good guy and he had kind heart. Then, when revenge took Sasuke, Naruto still believed that Sasuke's kind heart (which is shown as 'light') still remained. However, the revenge (which is shown as 'dark') took most of his mind and the light still remained the same size so...dark conquered all.

Maybe what Naruto tries to save Sasuke is growing the light so Sasuke could get his healthy mind. Yea...I think Sasuke has lost one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users