talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

It's out

So the concept of destiny is being brought into the story, I suppose it doesn't really change much though. I found it interesting that we got to hear more about the Sage of Six Paths, I'd kind forgot about him. And I don't if it's the translation, but I'm confused on whether Naruto is now a member of the Senju, or he is just the successor to their "will of Fire".

Edited by talesoffireemblem, 04 September 2009 - 09:42 AM.

#2 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

Naruto vs. Sasuke = fate
zomg nowai!!!! never would have thought this!!!!! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

on a side note.. this has to be the shortest &*()ing chapter ever drawn.

Edited by Nee-sama, 04 September 2009 - 09:32 AM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#3 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

I was interested in that Senju and Uchiha bit; it's nice to know some background. This fate stuff makes me look forward to another Naruto vs Sasuke even more! happy.gif

#4 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

I have to admit, it is a little bit confusing. Did Madara mean that Naruto was an heir of the Senju clan, inheritor of the Will of Fire, or that senju is just a term for those with the Will of Fire? I'll have to read blinktopia's version when it comes out to see if it is more clearly stated. Though, the Senju clan could be made up of the smaller clans and families of Konoha.

Though it is nice to here about the past of the story. Fleshes it out and makes it more rooted.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#5 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

Man!!! Can't wait for that fight between Naruto and Sasuke it's going of those ones that will keep you glued to the screen and begging for more chapters, It seems it's going to be a major badassery. And so Naruto is the inheritor of Senju and Sasuke of the Uchiha, destined to fight by fate, love vs hatred, brother vs brother (Kind off), one way against the othe. I think it's kinda clear what Sasuke's fate it's going to be, of course I could be wrong but the setting for the fight it's perfect, now Sakura just needs to arrive and talk to Naruto and it's time to get ready to rumble. Perfect can't wait for next chapter

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 04 September 2009 - 11:01 AM.

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

facepalm.png

Overthinking it guys.... it's what Madara said, Naruto inherited the Will of Fire that, it doesn't mean he's genetically related to the Senju clan. The Will of Fire is central to Konoha's belief that their ninjas will fight with the will to protect and to never back down when it concerns everyone they love.

And looks like Naruto'll have to really break the chain of fate that's holding both Sasuke and him down. Heh, looks like Naruto's fight with Neji was a BIG foreshadowing....

#7 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

I don't know why but I feel that Sasuke's darker now...

#8 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

shadow u just took the words right out of my mouth. I completely agree with all that u said.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#9 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

While I still find it annoying that Naruto's only plot relevance is to help Sasuke and nothing more, it was an interesting chapter.

#10 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

interesting chapter but i'm still waiting for that good sasuke vs raikage action. i'm think it's more that naruto inherited the will of fire again, not that he's really blood-related to the first but they're talking about descendants again so it's confusing but i'm sure we'll learn more. and yeah sasuke and naruto fated to battle, who'd have thought? dry.gif facepalm.png

really naruto needs to make up his mind because he's starting to remind me of part one sakura aka mainly useless. the last chapters he's been blubbering 'sasuke, sasuke, why sasuke WHY?!!?!?!' all the live long day and it's starting to get on my nerves. i miss the old naruto who said he'd kick your ass because he's gonna be the next hokage and proceeds to does so after he's just got the crap kicked outta him. we're only a couple chapters away from naruto calling sasuke 'sasuke-kun' hm.png he's a being a bit too emo for my tastes but then again i can't really blame him after all the trauma he's been through but i wanna see the awesome naruto come back. pinch.gif

and yeah tobi/madara is doing his usual act aka stalling people so they're late for the big reunion with sasuke. :verymad:

#11 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 4 2009, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overthinking it guys.... it's what Madara said, Naruto inherited the Will of Fire that, it doesn't mean he's genetically related to the Senju clan. The Will of Fire is central to Konoha's belief that their ninjas will fight with the will to protect and to never back down when it concerns everyone they love.

You are right, it's not stated clearly, however, it could very well be that he is genetically related as well. Who's to say all of the other ninja clans didn't descend from the Senju clan? It could be either one, spiritually, or relation.

#12 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

really naruto needs to make up his mind because he's starting to remind me of part one sakura aka mainly useless. the last chapters he's been blubbering 'sasuke, sasuke, why sasuke WHY?!!?!?!' all the live long day and it's starting to get on my nerves. i miss the old naruto who said he'd kick your ass because he's gonna be the next hokage and proceeds to does so after he's just got the crap kicked outta him. we're only a couple chapters away from naruto calling sasuke 'sasuke-kun' hm.png he's a being a bit too emo for my tastes but then again i can't really blame him after all the trauma he's been through but i wanna see the awesome naruto come back. pinch.gif

that's what bothers me in a few days...

my positive thinking: now naruto's been acknowledged by Konoha's citizens as a hero and I'm sure he's the next hokage's strong candidate. so his main goal is saving sasuke.

my negative thinking: guess naruto likes sasuke! A little yaoi maybe... tongue.gif

#13 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

I'm confused. part of me does think that Madara meant Naruto inherited the Will of Fire of the First Hokage, But later on he talks about the fate of the Uchiha clan fighting against the Senju Clan, It doesn't quite make sense to me if a ago long battle between two great clans is fated to finish with the one member not even being part of that clan....it's doesn't quite make sense that part.

Well we'll find out later maybe, or maybe not, sometimes there are things that are left unanswered even after it's all over.

As I said in the spoilers section, this is going to drive the Yaoi fans crazy, you add fate in the mix and it's all modern day Romeo and Juliet.

Edit I hope he is part of the Senju clan, because othwise it makes Sasuke's importance in the Naurto universe seem more important than Naruto, he's part of the age old war that has been going on between his clan and Senju and is desperate for revenge, where Naruto just hapens to be the poor smuck that ended up as Fate's plaything simply because an Uchiha decided to wreck havoc on his Village and he just happened to be born around that time, giving his father no choice but to use him to seal the Kyuubi inside him. It almost sounds like the most important part of the story is for Naruto to save the Uchiha clan, and overcoming all the other obsticles were just side plots of no real importance....almsot not completely.

Edited by harry4e, 04 September 2009 - 02:44 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#14 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 4 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit I hope he is part of the Senju clan, because othwise it makes Sasuke's importance in the Naurto universe seem more important than Naruto, he's part of the age old war that has been going on between his clan and Senju and is desperate for revenge, where Naruto just hapens to be the poor smuck that ended up as Fate's plaything simply because an Uchiha decided to wreck havoc on his Village and he just happened to be born around that time, giving his father no choice but to use him to seal the Kyuubi inside him. It almost sounds like the most important part of the story is for Naruto to save the Uchiha clan, and overcoming all the other obsticles were just side plots of no real importance....almsot not completely.

Yeah, that's pretty horrible facepalm.png Kishi is liking this fate stuff way too much. It really changes the whole perspective of the point of the story, imo. At first we were told the point is for Naruto to overcome being a container, gain friends, and become hokage. Now it seems the whole point of the story is to bring peace to the ninja world by breaking a curse. Totally different. Doesn't matter who the hero is, who the villain is, just that it has been waiting to get done since the beginning of the ninja era.

#15 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

Now it seems the whole point of the story is to bring peace to the ninja world by breaking a curse. Totally different.

Most of Part 2 has been different, sadly. The only real constants are Naruto and Sakura's tendency to grow closer to one another and Sasuke being on the other side of the fence. Even the general conflicts are different. It might well have been a matter of time before the point of the entire thing changed as well.

Since the end is obviously within sight, I can't help wondering just how Kishi can reconcile all this.

Edited by dl316bh, 04 September 2009 - 03:50 PM.

bd5.jpg

#16 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 4 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm confused. part of me does think that Madara meant Naruto inherited the Will of Fire of the First Hokage, But later on he talks about the fate of the Uchiha clan fighting against the Senju Clan, It doesn't quite make sense to me if a ago long battle between two great clans is fated to finish with the one member not even being part of that clan....it's doesn't quite make sense that part.

Well we'll find out later maybe, or maybe not, sometimes there are things that are left unanswered even after it's all over.

As I said in the spoilers section, this is going to drive the Yaoi fans crazy, you add fate in the mix and it's all modern day Romeo and Juliet.

well you never know, i mean,we dont know if the second hokage ever had children, (hes the firsts brother) and for all we know he could be naruto`s great grandfather, kinda like a tsunade thing.

thats what i believe anyway, and if not im fine with him being the inheritor of the will of fire happy.gif

#17 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

It just occurred to me, Madara still hasn't gotten an explanation about Pein yet. Although unlikely, it would be fun if Naruto could do a little mind-messing in return.

Even if Naruto gives him a straight answer, will Madara believe it, or understand it? I'm thinking about the last TV episode of Angel...

Angel: "People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do. "
Hamilton: "Yeah, but we won't care."

#18 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

I gotta question just how Madara knows all this stuff. He's passing along information about a man who's only myth to everyone else as historical facts. Madara isn't that old, so how is it that only he knows that it's all history and not myth? The only explanation I can think of is that Nagato somehow discovered things about the Rikudou Sennnin and told him (He is the only that's mentioned the whole creating-the-moon thing).

My prediction for Hawk vs Raikage's team still stands from last chapter. Sasuke will be overpowered, and then him and his team will escape, now that C is out of the picture and won't be able to track them.

#19 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Pretty much as I figured. Madara didnt have to do anything he just told Sasuke the truth and let gravity and hate do the rest.

Poor Sasuke its just as Kakashi warned him. Hed get caught up in hate if he chose revenge. and he has.

Naruto does need to lose the rosy colored glasses hes wearing when it comes to Sasuke a bit. However it seems that I agree Nejis fight was foreshadowing. Narutos ability to defy fate and destiny and change it will be key.

Sure Sasuke "Chose" revenge. but not because as Madara put it it was destiny. He chose it because its all hes known. Now Naruto has to show him that another path has been layed out before him. A path Itachi tried to show him before he died.

A path he can still choose if he wants to.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#20 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Sep 4 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A path Itachi tried to show him before he died.

That's part of the tragedy, isn't it? Itachi taught Sasuke how to hate, so that he would be strong enough to survive, but that also completely screwed up Sasuke's world view. Itachi kept him alive, but ruined his life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users