86 replies to this topic

#21 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:02 AM

Anybody else notice the dark shadow creature was holding Sasuke in the palm of its hand? sweatdrop.gif How are we sure it is Gedo Mazo? It had two eyes instead of more than others. Personally I think it has a greater representation of the darkness that he has become, but you can't entirely throw the control part out.

Also the samurai's helmets look sort of like old world war style German ones, meaning...they're storm troopers! biggrin.gif
down.gif

I'm a star wars fan too, but I'm thinking this is a little much. (I was about to say that he was going to have yellow eyes, but he already had those when he had his curse seal, without Sharingan.) Sasuke=Sith, Garg.

The fight with the Raikage might come first, I'm hoping for the Sasuke is the new dark lord talk by Madara though, maybe Sakura will show up. Of course that could also be a team 7 triad mini-arc between Sakura's thoughts, Naruto's confrontation and Sasuke's fight leading to a series of story connecting climax building epic end part.

Yeah, either way it's going to be good.

As long as it ends NaruSaku, we'll all be happy! a_thumbs.gif

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

BTW I'm surprised that no one's really talking about how Zetsu's white half was killed by the Raikage, can his black half live without his white half? huh.gif

uc.png

#23 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Aug 21 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW I'm surprised that no one's really talking about how Zetsu's white half was killed by the Raikage, can his black half live without his white half? huh.gif

Oh, you're right! happy.gif

But, they didn't show the black half of Zetsu in this chapter, so, I'm not really sure.

And, when the Raikage 'broke the neck' of Zetsu, did he really die?

If he did, I might have missed that part. sweatdrop.gif

#24 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:27 AM

Blinktopia's translation is up

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Aug 20 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zetsu's a weird guy, I wouldn't be surprised if his white half comes back to life once both halves are reunited

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

I did post that Zetsu being separated half may be a reason why he was seemingly and casually dispatched by the Raikage in the first page you know....bottom of the 1st page too! :zaru

#26 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

wub.gif this chapter. Plus, I wub.gif Raikage in the last panel, I hope he kicks Sasuke ass.

#27 talesoffireemblem

talesoffireemblem

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Music, Trumpet Playing, Manga, Sports

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:48 AM

Huh, it looks like Kishi forgot Kakashi's scar a lot this chapter

top panel
center-right panel

#28 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

^
^
^

Hm, you're right. He must have been really tired when he created this chapter. Kishi-sensei has deadlines too, according to the interview he was given this year. happy.gif

---

Anyway, maybe Zetsu is not really dead. I didn't see him that much, so I have NO idea if he really died or not.

Besides, his black half is somewhere else, right?

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 21 August 2009 - 07:56 AM.

#29 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:12 AM

It is indeed a picture of Kyuubi with Sasuke in his palms, Just like others have said before it's used as a metaphor showing how much more sinister/corrupt Sasuke and his chakra has become over a beast such as Kyuubi for comparison. After Sasuke wiped out all those Samurai and possibly Raikage as well shamefulcry0js.gif (won't be easy, that's for sure) I'm starting to believe more that he won't be redeemed or saved. It looks like Karin, Suigutsu, and Juugo just got screwed both ways from Zetsu and Sasuke, I feel sorry for them being trapped in the middle now. Black Zetsu could have been sent to go after Kabutomaru or placed on standby.

I'm looking forward to the Sasuke Vs. Raikage fight, more insight on what Madara has to say about Sasuke/what his plans are, and seeing Sakura headed towards the Iron Country next chapter.

What puzzles me is what will Danzou do next, It looks like from the shocking expression of hearing about Sasuke that he and Madara are two total different people.

#30 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 21 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like from the shocking expression of hearing about Sasuke that he and Madara are two total different people.

Well, I guess that clears up the Danzo = Madara theory, huh? Darn. That would have been very epic. wow.png

And, why would Madara willingly tell Naruto about the plans of Sasuke? It just seems a bit ... off ... like there's a hidden twist/plan in it. huh.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 21 August 2009 - 08:16 AM.

#31 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

pretty awesome chapter as in preparing for THE most awesome chapter of the century: Raikage VS Sasuke! Though Raikage is awesome, he seems a bit rash and he strategizes even less than Naruto. Seriously who breaks someone's neck by accident? sweat.gif So i think it'll be a pretty intense battle seeing as Raikage has more power than Sasuke, but Sasuke's a 'genious' when it comes to fighting and strategizes better.

I think Madara is going to tell Naruto about the uchiha massacre and he's probably gonna drop the hint of 'hey you should probably know that Sasuke is at the Kagecon killing fodder-samurai now, bye!' which will make Naruto go to Kagecon too, where he'll probably interrupt Raikage from snapping Sasuke's neck. Speaking about necksnapping, Zetsu isn't dieing that easily, seeing as half of Akatsuki is pretty much immortal xD and his other half is still out there...somewhere. so we can conclude that his halfs can live seperately and you should probably kill both to finish him. but maybe black-Zetsu is working on that 'Eye of the moon' plan, which i'm getting more and more curious about. arrgghhh, so many questions.

as for the 'Sasuke being controlled'-thingie. imo he's not being controlled but he's really losing it (when had Sasuke ever said 'i'm pissed off' huh.gif) and becoming a total badass. he's well on his way to everybody wanting to kill him, except naruto, so go for it sasuke. sleep.gif' use the power of your new-found male-PMS!

#32 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Aww yeah. Raikage's ready to smack a b****. Dude obviously hates walls. This could be good.

If Sasuke doesn't Sharingan hax his way to victory, that is.

QUOTE (Shadowmoon~ @ Aug 21 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, why would Madara willingly tell Naruto about the plans of Sasuke? It just seems a bit ... off ... like there's a hidden twist/plan in it. huh.gif

Well, yeah, it's pretty hard to imagine Madara doesn't have ulterior motives in regards to that. Manipulation seems to be his thing. If he can play Naruto into his hand the same as he has others, I'm sure he'll be the happiest evil guy in the world.

Then, in his joy, he will give an evil monologue revealing his plans to the readers, because that's just how it's done.

Edited by dl316bh, 21 August 2009 - 12:26 PM.

bd5.jpg

#33 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Heh, interesting turn of events here. I never really expected Madara and Naruto to have a talk...I wonder what ulterior motive he really has. For all I know, if Madara had wanted to capture Naruto there and then, he would have already done so.

Sasuke is being controlled. I know that Kishi wouldn't make him intentionally evil. tongue.gif

#34 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

seriously why is it so hard for people to believe that sasuke is evil? dry.gif he's done enough things to prove he is. wether people like it or not at this moment it's pretty clear sasuke IS evil unless you think ruthlessly killing people is all fine and dandy and that evil looking chakra is as sweet as kittens. but that doesn't mean he'll be that way forever, he can be saved because hellooo this is naruto, pretty much everybody can be saved by naruto's talk-no-jutsu.

#35 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Nadishani @ Aug 21 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously why is it so hard for people to believe that sasuke is evil? dry.gif

I'd say more insane than evil. His whole value system has been warped. huh.gif
One way to find out if someone is crazy is if the goals they are trying to achieve
don't benefit them (based on sane standards).

QUOTE (Nadishani @ Aug 21 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though Raikage is awesome, he seems a bit rash and he strategizes even less than Naruto. Seriously who breaks someone's neck by accident? sweat.gif So i think it'll be a pretty intense battle seeing as Raikage has more power than Sasuke, but Sasuke's a 'genious' when it comes to fighting and strategizes better.

+1

QUOTE (Shadowmoon~ @ Aug 21 2009, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, when the Raikage 'broke the neck' of Zetsu, did he really die?

If he did, I might have missed that part. sweatdrop.gif

Isn't Zetsu like a plant or something? You can't kill a plant by breaking its neck.

Are the other Kages (besides Danzo) also searching for Sasuke? I can imagine that once
Danzo is alone and has his back turned, that Zetsu pulls a Michael Myers and does something to Danzo.

#36 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

So the Samurai can use chakra shape manipulation? Cuz it looked like one of the the samurai on the right shaped his chakra around his sword to look like an axe.

And the shadow behind Sasuke looks like kyuubi the more I look at it. The way I see it the shadow represents that's he's become more darker and hateful then even the fox.

Edited by Shadow-kun, 21 August 2009 - 01:41 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#37 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

I don't think that the shadow is either Gedo Mazu or something like the Kyuubi. I seriously think it's Zetsu's dark half. See how he's sitting in his venus fly trap on page 4 then compare it to the shadow around Sasuke. We haven't seen his powers yet and there is no telling what he can do together much less in pieces. Karin could feel something was definitely different about his chakra and I wouldn't put it past Madara to have Sasuke possessed so that the lies he's about to tell Naruto will seem all the more true.

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

Sasuke has no chance in hell against the Raikage. Those muscles are just gonna crush him. wow.png

#39 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Aug 21 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke has no chance in hell against the Raikage. Those muscles are just gonna crush him. wow.png

oh, im sure he'll manage somehow my friend biggrin.gif

Edited by Illmatic, 21 August 2009 - 02:37 PM.

#40 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Aug 21 2009, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh, im sure he'll manage somehow my friend biggrin.gif

Manage to get crushed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users