• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#41 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

There's still one thing Naruto does lack to be mistaken as the Hokage...

...the Hat.

That is all. More Mizukage and Konohamaru goodness is always good. biggrin.gif

#42 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Samurai! YES!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#43 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hm..

1) Sai does seem to be focused on more, is that why people are concluding that he may die soon?

2) If anything it seems Omoi is more concerned about Naruto than Karui is... Do the people who like that crack pairing just assume girls who hit Naruto are hitting on him figuratively too? tongue.gif

3) For being Root members the two sure were taken down easily by Kakashi.

4) Call me Omoi, but if Naruto is mistaken for Hokage it will be funny but bad things can come of it as well. Danzo can accuse him of trying to assume the role of Hokage, or ... there was something else I concluded after having read it, can't remember what, but more later.

5) Does Mizukage have a thiing for her subordinate? Young fanboys scream yes as they live vicariously through him. This and more on the news at 7. tongue.gif

6) Danzo is pretty spry for someone who hasn't fought in awhile, and is bandaged like an injured patient. Dag, yo.

7) Samurai... they sound dangerous, and perhaps that's a nation no one messes with. Perhaps the only nation capable of neutralizing all nin-abilities? And that's why they're having the meeting there?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#44 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 17 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7) Samurai... they sound dangerous, and perhaps that's a nation no one messes with. Perhaps the only nation capable of neutralizing all nin-abilities? And that's why they're having the meeting there?

Perhaps these samurai are trained in a way to utilize chakra and are able to fight ninja on equal terms? Maybe the can utilize something simalar to shunpo from bleach. They obviously are at least known enough to be a worrisome from the way the Tuchikage talked.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#45 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 17 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Kakashi is Kage level. Couple of Root shouldn't be much for him.

#46 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Jul 17 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps these samurai are trained in a way to utilize chakra and are able to fight ninja on equal terms? Maybe the can utilize something simalar to shunpo from bleach. They obviously are at least known enough to be a worrisome from the way the Tuchikage talked.

I do find it weird that a country that believes in the way of the Samurai would open armly except Ninja country leaders in their village. (I thought Samurai and Ninja always had a grudge against each other) I also wonder if this was all part of Danzou's plans and if Danzou has a connection with Mifune.

Edited by 6thHokage, 17 July 2009 - 07:25 PM.

#47 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Hmm yeah hadn't thought of that: What's the benefit for the Iron Nation? They are being pretty hospitable offering tea and such, so maybe they are just being paid or perhaps they need something else for profit. They do live in snowy mountains so their agriculture is probably limited. I wouldn't point the finger at Danzou's plotting just because it was Raikage who called for the meeting. At any rate, if it's important to the plot even a little bit I'm sure we'll find out at some point.

2) If anything it seems Omoi is more concerned about Naruto than Karui is... Do the people who like that crack pairing just assume girls who hit Naruto are hitting on him figuratively too?

I can't answer for everyone here but I would guess she probably respects Naruto's loyalty and was feeling maybe a little guilty that she didn't control her aggression any better. Undoubtedly, those sannin will be allies by the end of the arc. But I wouldn't count on a romance out of it. laugh.gif

Karui is yaoi afterall :teehee: just kiddin'.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#48 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 17 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do find it weird that a country that believes in the way of the Samurai would open armly except Ninja country leaders in their village. (I thought Samurai and Ninja always had a grudge against each other) I also wonder if this was all part of Danzou's plans and if Danzou has a connection with Mifune.

I think, it supposed to be a neutral site for both sides it is like Switzerland for the Ninja worlds. I doubt in this story they will have a grudge against the Ninjas for anything if it is like Switzerland......."

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 17 July 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#49 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 17 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm..

1) Sai does seem to be focused on more, is that why people are concluding that he may die soon?

2) If anything it seems Omoi is more concerned about Naruto than Karui is... Do the people who like that crack pairing just assume girls who hit Naruto are hitting on him figuratively too? tongue.gif

4) Call me Omoi, but if Naruto is mistaken for Hokage it will be funny but bad things can come of it as well. Danzo can accuse him of trying to assume the role of Hokage, or ... there was something else I concluded after having read it, can't remember what, but more later.

5) Does Mizukage have a thiing for her subordinate? Young fanboys scream yes as they live vicariously through him. This and more on the news at 7. tongue.gif

6) Danzo is pretty spry for someone who hasn't fought in awhile, and is bandaged like an injured patient. Dag, yo.

1) I think people think that he may die because he's at a crucial turning point for his character. He can either stay loyal to Root and betray Naruto, or betray Naruto and be loyal to Naruto. If he betrays Root, there's a good chance that he could die. After al, Danzo doesn't seem like the sympathetic type.

2) Omoi wants to get into Naruto's pants already, and is trying to convince Karui to join in a threesome. sleep.gif No, but seriously, they just want Sakura to get jealous, and they think that Karui will eventually be the one to make her jealous because of the one cover that showed these two glaring at each other like rivals.

3) No name=fodder This holds true regardless of the level the shinobi is supposed to be.

4) Yeah, I thought this too, but if Naruto can get his foot in the door this way, and convince the other kages to listen to him, I don't think the consequences would be too severe. As long as he doesn't outright claim that he's the hokage, he should be okay.

5) Yes, she's totally into shota. Apparently, Naruto's next on her list (well, him or Suigetsu)

6) Yes, Danzo is baddass for an ancient cripple

7) As cool as they look, I'm betting these samurai will most likely be background fodder. If they get names, then we'll talk.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#50 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Clearly either the Mizukage has hearing problems, or her guards have a habit of mumbling.
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#51 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jul 16 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt it. If anyone kills Sai it'll be Danzou (either directly or indirectly). The obvious question does Kishi has the stomach to actually KILL Sai? If history is any indication, and it has been, the answer is a resounding hell no.

But if he does, it won't, and really can't, be Sasuke. Sasuke may attack, threaten, maim, and so on, one of Naruto's precious people, but he will never successfully kill them because it makes Sasuke's redemption much, much harder (if not impossible) and permanetly alters his relationship toward everyone else. It would truly be the land of no-return for him.

It's hard enough to believe that Naruto and Sakura still cannot see him for who he is, but they'd have no choice if Kishimoto wanted to retain even a shred of credibility, unless the whole point would be to show how deluded they were.

On the other hand, if Danzou does...we have a new reason for everyone to hate and want to dispose of a characater who is clearly a villain.

The first would, I think, be far more interesting and has the potential to make a better story, but the latter is what would happen.

I would think recent history is that Sai is much more likely to die as others have pointed out he's at the turning point for him as a character. In addition he's already had a mini-flashback to last issue with Naruto.

As for his killer, my guess would be one of the two ROOT members accompanying Danzo if not him.

#52 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Terrace @ Jul 17 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clearly either the Mizukage has hearing problems, or her guards have a habit of mumbling.

Or she hears what she wants to hear, and she wants to be offended. Would fit the whole "Bloody Mist" angle.

"I swear we've changed! Honest!" *maim rend slaughter*

#53 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

So if She's the fifth Mizukage, does that mean that maybe Madara was the fourth? I remember Kisame refering to him as the Mizukage way back when. Says something about Madara's leading style if he was the one in charge of whole "Bloody Mist" era.

This is a way out there theory, but I thought it would just be funny if she was engaged to Zabuza laugh.gif

Edited by tosakuai, 18 July 2009 - 01:46 AM.

#54 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (tosakuai @ Jul 17 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if She's the fifth Mizukage, does that mean that maybe Madara was the fourth? I remember Kisame refering to him as the Mizukage way back when. Says something about Madara's leading style if he was the one in charge of whole "Bloody Mist" era.

This is a way out there theory, but I thought it would just be funny if she was engaged to Zabuza laugh.gif

Maybe Madara was the Sandaime Mizukage?

And your theory is better than she being engaged to Kisame..... Unless she likes sushi laugh.gif
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (EarthBorn @ Jul 17 2009, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's still one thing Naruto does lack to be mistaken as the Hokage...

...the Hat.

Yamato is there, so that's easily fixed.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#56 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 17 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh? How so?

I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#57 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Terrace @ Jul 17 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh? How so?

Cuz Yamato pulls wood out his arse and makes whatever he wants out of it. laugh.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#58 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jul 17 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cuz Yamato pulls wood out his arse and makes whatever he wants out of it. laugh.gif

That would be very uncomfortable place to generate the wood...

Click Here!

#59 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 17 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So true xD. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#60 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:12 AM

This is kind of off topic but it has to do with some of the newer developments. How is Kishi going to handle Naruto's new stance on fighting? Is Naruto going to turn into Ghandi? No violence as retaliation. How will he deal with Danzo who seems much more narrow minded than anyone Naruto's dealt with before. The problem here is that Naruto has nothing that connects him with Danzo... as has developed yet. The same goes for Madara. How do you convince someone you do not understand?

I'm sure if a fight breaks out Naruto will still fight, just not to the death. But what will he do when words fail him again, just like it did with Sasuke the first time?

And for those who mentioned Sai's death as a possibility, just because a character has reached a good growing point, and has flashbacks doesn't mean they're going to die. Look at Kakashi and Chouji for example. Neither ones are dead. To me it simple signals a turning point and a new struggle for Team Naruto. Something else Naruto will have to work towards. Keeping Sai alive.

it's also going to be interesting what kind of a mask Danzo will put on at the meeting to try and gain the favor of the Jonins of Konohagakure.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users