• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#41 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

Another thing I liked about this arc was the subtle parallel Kishimoto made between Naruto and Kakashi, both at a near death moment got to speak with their fathers. For Naruto for the first time, discovering who his father was, having a moment of anger at him, then his father was able to help and encourage him to the point he was able to win. Kakashi was able to finally tell his father that he no longer hated and was ashamed of him, but loved and was proud of him, plus finally talk to someone he felt would understand about his own pain. He finally freed his father from despair so that he could join his wife. Wonder if we'll see some change in Kakashi as a result of this. Naruto has obviously been changed from his experiences this arc.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#42 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ May 29 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody is forcing you to read it, then.

We're all fans here, but I clearly agree with Derock. It's a fantasy story tailored for the young teenagers. If you want more death and bloodshed, go read Seinen.

Oh someone's pointing a gun to my head every week forcing me to read it. Didn't you know? dry.gif

But seriously is it so wrong to want to know how this series ends? Not to mention is it wrong that I just want it to have better writing? Just because you take what you can get doesn't mean I have too. So it's your own problem if you can't handle me voicing my views.

Being a fantasy story has nothing to do with it. I could accept the "exchange one life for another" jutsu during the rescue Gaara arc, but this is different and you know it.

#43 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Destiny @ May 29 2009, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm torn on this matter.

This chapter was good in the sense that... TA DA! Naruto didn't have to avenge Jiraiya! Which would have made him like Sasuke, something I hated from the beginning of this arc. (revenge is revenge people.)

I didn't like this chapter, on the other hand, because SO MUCH could have been done with Konoha being in shambles. A GREAT story arc was adverted once Konoha was reborn.

You must've read my mind and stolen my thoughts!!! rawr.gif

I figured Kishimoto would do all these things...but this time, it happened way too fast!! For several chapters, Kishimoto made a big deal about how either Nagato or Naruto may be the child of prophecy. While the fight was fun, it didn't feel like the ultimate showdown that it should have been; two possible prophecies is no small matter. With the revival thing, it would have been cool if it came at the VERY END OF THE SERIES. It would've felt much more like a happy ending, but at this point in time, it really feels like a cop-out and destroys the impact the previous chapters made on me. It feels like the Genkai dying then being brought back to life in Yu Yu Hakusho; a character I cared for and thought was bad-ass was killed, and I thought her death was moving and had a huge impact on the main protagonist. When she came back, I wondered if there was any point to it all.

Naruto turning people around by talking to them has always been a constant factor and should; but again, the timing of it was off. I find it hard to believe Nagato could turn around just like that. Maybe if Kishimoto showed that Pain had deep regrets about everything he had done and even back when Danzo attacked them, I could've bought it. But he seemed like an individual who was dead sure about what he was doing.

My complaints have nothing to do with realism; once you have a giant nine-tailed fox, realism does not apply. I understand this is geared towards children and it is not uncommon for this to happen, but for everything to be okay just like that...sigh. I personally would have liked it better if Pain did something else altogether, then Naruto walks into the village saying Pain is no longer a threat, surveying all the damage done, and instead of everyone being okay, Naruto would instead vow that so long as they are in his sight, he will not let any of his friends die (similar to how Kenshin vowed at the end of the Jinchu arc). It would've showed the kids that tragedies happen, but instead of wallowing in Pain, the best thing to do was move forward and do your best to prevent it from happening again. This arc kind of showed that, but I think my version would have done a better job.

Also, Kishimoto failed to explain why Nagato was in the state he was; if it was all just to make those six bodies move, he's making villains from Rocky & Bullwinkle look smart. The flashback when he lashed out at Salamnder Hanzou showed a much more awesome Pain than what we got in the current timeline.

I guess I'll just have to see where this takes the story. I was disappointed when Itachi died and Sasuke "captured" KillerBee, but later on something happened to make me actually appreciate it. Maybe we'll get that from this. I hope

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 30 May 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#44 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 29 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Kishimoto failed to explain why Nagato was in the state he was; if it was all just to make those six bodies move, he's making villains from Rocky & Bullwinkle look smart. The flashback when he lashed out at Salamnder Hanzou showed a much more awesome Pain than what we got in the current timeline.

That was why he was in the state he was in. His legs were destoyed during that battle thus he was confined to his wheel chair tank thingy to move around.

and Kohona is still in shambles only the people have been resurected.

Edited by Verilance, 30 May 2009 - 01:39 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#45 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:50 AM

He seemed to fight just fine in the flashback.

#46 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Aethos @ May 29 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh someone's pointing a gun to my head every week forcing me to read it. Didn't you know? dry.gif

But seriously is it so wrong to want to know how this series ends? Not to mention is it wrong that I just want it to have better writing? Just because you take what you can get doesn't mean I have too. So it's your own problem if you can't handle me voicing my views.

Being a fantasy story has nothing to do with it. I could accept the "exchange one life for another" jutsu during the rescue Gaara arc, but this is different and you know it.

lol the part about better writing made me laugh

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 29 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured Kishimoto would do all these things...but this time, it happened way too fast!! For several chapters, Kishimoto made a big deal about how either Nagato or Naruto may be the child of prophecy. While the fight was fun, it didn't feel like the ultimate showdown that it should have been

45+ chapters were spent on this arc, an entire ninth of the entire series that is Naruto. though you did just contradict your self there. too fast, yet several chapters were spent on just yata yata yata?

#47 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:11 AM

Hey everyone I'm new here, I'm glad theirs a site dedicated to my favorite anime pairing.

I thought it was a pretty good chapter. 450 can go in so many directions which gets me more excited but I'm hoping it will bring us closer to the NarutoXSakura Arc. biggrin.gif

#48 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:32 AM

For me I predicted earlier that Shizunes soul would be released after peins defeat so it wasnt a surprise to me. And Kakashi could honestly say enar death experience as opposed to dead since that is a trope for animes of this type.

The one near death for me that im not as upset with as i was but I think it was handled poorly was Hinatas. there was a beautiful chance to make her death an incredibly meaningful experience, and a major motivating factor to win the war. In fact Hinatas death would make narutos rejection of hate even more meaningful then it was. because while he may not forgive Pein for Hinata and Jiraiyas deaths. He lets him go ebcause he knows the answer isnt vengance.

As it is Hinatas been reduced to a plot device to make him go 6 tails, and thus has had her relevancy to the plot shot out form under her.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#49 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ May 30 2009, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol the part about better writing made me laugh

Let me guess. It's because you think Naruto has great writing.

I personally lol whenever people claim that Kishi's bad writing is actually good. I mean it's no wonder Kishi doesn't even try with that kind of response.

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Aethos @ May 30 2009, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me guess. It's because you think Naruto has great writing.

I personally lol whenever people claim that Kishi's bad writing is actually good. I mean it's no wonder Kishi doesn't even try with that kind of response.

And other authors like Kubo and Oda has have "perfect" writing? rolleyes.gif

No one does. There is a word called limitations.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 29 2009, 06:57 PM) *

I figured Kishimoto would do all these things...but this time, it happened way too fast!! For several chapters, Kishimoto made a big deal about how either Nagato or Naruto may be the child of prophecy. While the fight was fun, it didn't feel like the ultimate showdown that it should have been

That's because it's not the ultimate showdown. Naruto still has much to learn like his bloodline limit jutsu, the other half of the kyuubi sealed in a scroll by his father, finish his sage mode training, and many more unanswered questions. I hope kishi does a part 3 because i don't want to read the rest of the manga with a destroyed Konoha. sleep.gif

#52 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ May 29 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
45+ chapters were spent on this arc, an entire ninth of the entire series that is Naruto. though you did just contradict your self there. too fast, yet several chapters were spent on just yata yata yata?

Several chapters were spent on the BUILD-UP. When it came down to what it would lead to, it was clearly rushed. I feel Pain was not used to his full potential and his change of heart was rather sudden. At least Zabuza and Garaa had flashbacks that, unlike Nagato's, did something for the characters and hinted that they had some good hidden deep inside them.

Also, I'm not a mod, but let's cool it with the Kishi is good writer vs. bad writer thing. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions whatever they may be, but simply state your opinions, why you believe it, and be done with it. If you think Kishi is doing a poor job, no one here is to blame; do you think he takes the time to visit ENGLISH Naruto sites when he must write and draw 17 pages a week? No, whatever he does in the manga, be it good or bad, are his choices alone. So stop blaming other fans.

#53 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 30 2009, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least Zabuza and Garaa had flashbacks that, unlike Nagato's, did something for the characters and hinted that they had some good hidden deep inside them.

Gaara's story was pretty much the same as Nagato's, actually. Both in their respective flashbacks were shown to be once good kids who snapped because of their pain, and it took meeting Naruto, someone who shared something in common with them but chose a different path, to make them realize what they had become and that they could be different.

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

After reading this chapter, and musing a lot, I feel I actually enjoyed this chapter. smile.gif

I can understand how some feel it was a cop-out, but Naruto has achieved what nobody else has ever done. He defeated the greatest shinobi to ever threaten Konoha, and ended the conflict in a peaceful way. Anyone else would have just killed Pain right away if they were in Naruto's position - and the dead would have stayed dead.

Naruto put peace before revenge. How many people can do that? That has also shown how he and Sasuke are complete opposites.

While the dead have come back to life, Konoha still lies in ruins. Let's not forget that! While everyone is alive, they face a long and hard task to rebuild their homes, their defences, and their livelihoods. It's most likely that Konoha will still be heavily damaged when Team Sasuke shows up.

What Naruto has achieved is something incredible. He learnt the Sage Arts, defeated a seemingly unstoppable monster of a ninja, and brought about a peaceful solution that healed almost all of the pain on both sides - earning ANOTHER ally in the form of Amegakure. Naruto is going to find that his standing in Konoha has risen hugely. Fukusaku is alive so he can learn more Sage Arts (hurrah!), and now he knows who his family are!

I'm going to look forward to the next few chapters. biggrin.gif Hopefully we'll see Konan return in the future as the Kage of Amegakure?

#55 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

That feeling I had of the chapter being rushed just wouldn't let go. Yet, I still enjoyed the chapter because it had a lot of meaning and it means Nagato has this "soft side".

Though it was rushed and seemed fast, it was only Naruto who was able to change Nagato because of the first book Jiraiya made. I mean, the main character was named Naruto and that same story was inspired by Nagato, thus, making them both the children of prophesy. They just needed the other to trigger the peace within them. See? Even though the story was a bit fast, it was still enjoyable because of the meaning behind it. laugh.gif

I'm just glad that Nagato was able to revive the dead. It does lessen the drama, but, increases the hope and peace that Naruto will aim for. He had changed and defeated Nagato, but that is his specialty. wow.png biggrin.gif

[ NARUTO ROCKS! ] party.gif w00t.gif

I just hope he can do the same with Sasuke. Use your awesome ability, Naruto-kun! Bring Sasu-kun (wub.gif) back to the side of good. a_thumbs.gif

...If we only knew what will Naruto do to Madara... a_plotting.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 30 May 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#56 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Aethos @ May 29 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine, voice your views. But like Derock said, there are limitations.

If you honestly think the other authors have better writing, why are you still here? We're all fans here, and honesty I'm getting sick of you just tramping on Kishi simply because this story doesn't satisfy you.

#57 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

people, people! i think we are forgetting a very important fact about what's going to happen, and that fact is this:

NARUTO'S GONNA BE A PIMP!!!!

i mean, he just singlehandedly taken down the single most powerful ninja konoha has faced and thru his actions, brought back everyone who was killed in the attack. not to mention he's the most powerful ninja in konoha now. he's gonna have to beat the women off with a stick.

#58 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

Aethos, Cloud take it to private PMs if you both want to keep going at each other. Aethos, don't come here and once again instigate trouble on these boards. Cloud, quit adding fuel to the fire by replying back and forth with him. If this warning is not heeded, further disciplinary actions will be taken. Thank you.

#59 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 30 2009, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading this chapter, and musing a lot, I feel I actually enjoyed this chapter. smile.gif

I can understand how some feel it was a cop-out, but Naruto has achieved what nobody else has ever done. He defeated the greatest shinobi to ever threaten Konoha, and ended the conflict in a peaceful way. Anyone else would have just killed Pain right away if they were in Naruto's position - and the dead would have stayed dead.

Naruto put peace before revenge. How many people can do that? That has also shown how he and Sasuke are complete opposites.

While the dead have come back to life, Konoha still lies in ruins. Let's not forget that! While everyone is alive, they face a long and hard task to rebuild their homes, their defences, and their livelihoods. It's most likely that Konoha will still be heavily damaged when Team Sasuke shows up.

What Naruto has achieved is something incredible. He learnt the Sage Arts, defeated a seemingly unstoppable monster of a ninja, and brought about a peaceful solution that healed almost all of the pain on both sides - earning ANOTHER ally in the form of Amegakure. Naruto is going to find that his standing in Konoha has risen hugely. Fukusaku is alive so he can learn more Sage Arts (hurrah!), and now he knows who his family are!

I'm going to look forward to the next few chapters. biggrin.gif Hopefully we'll see Konan return in the future as the Kage of Amegakure?

I think you brought up the best point yet, if Naruto had chosen to kill Nagato all those shinobi including Kakashi would have stayed dead. Naruto ended the cycle of death and pain by making that decision. He's essentially already started the process of changing the Ninja world in his little corner of it. That was the significance of showing the elder frog saying "It's over." The crucial prophesied moment came and Naruto succeeded in bringing about the hardest and best possible conclusion.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#60 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ May 30 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you brought up the best point yet, if Naruto had chosen to kill Nagato all those shinobi including Kakashi would have stayed dead. Naruto ended the cycle of death and pain by making that decision. He's essentially already started the process of changing the Ninja world in his little corner of it. That was the significance of showing the elder frog saying "It's over." The crucial prophesied moment came and Naruto succeeded in bringing about the hardest and best possible conclusion.

Hence why I said and will say again, it was not a cop-out :3

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 30 2009, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quoted for absolute truth :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users