• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

I like both of your stories. The jinchuriki series are part of my Heaven & Earth C2 just look me up Hopestar on fanfiction.net and under my profile you'll see it and I'll be honor if you join my staff
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#22 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (NaruDeeds @ Mar 8 2011, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy them biggrin.gif

Fixed! tongue.gif

Now onto the bad news/explanation. I just moved to Washington D.C. this past week for a new job and have been too busy getting settled in to update "Guardian." Luckily I had last week's update of "A Jinchuriki's Strength" pre-canned so I was able to update it. But no such luck this week. I'm flying down to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow for business so I'm hoping to get the next chapter of Guardian finished on the plane ride and work on the next chapter of strength whenever I have some free time and I'm not on the beach enjoying weather that does not coat my car in ice...

Anywho... Sorry for the delay, I hope to get back to my regular updating schedule next week and will do my best to get out some updates this week!

Ja ne!

Enjoy your trip and good luck with the business.. biggrin.gif

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#23 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Mar 8 2011, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like both of your stories. The jinchuriki series are part of my Heaven & Earth C2 just look me up Hopestar on fanfiction.net and under my profile you'll see it and I'll be honor if you join my staff

If I can remember how to accept a community invite on fanfiction I'll do so...

And I just got chapter 9 of guardian 1/4 of the way finished as I enjoyed the ocean breeze on my balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in between meetings biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#24 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

Good news! My job is finally calming down enough to where I'll have this "free time" stuff I've heard so much about during this month so far tongue.gif

Regular updates of "A Jinchuriki's Strength" and "Guardian" are resuming next week biggrin.gif

#25 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

A quick update!

I worked 80 hour weeks all through April, so I had zero time to work on my stories. I have put some thoughts into them here and there however, and as a result I just wrote the opening scene for A Jinchuriki's Radiance which will be the sequel to A Jinchuriki's Strength and the final part of the Jinchuriki series. (Although that the first chapter of that story being released is a LONG way away as I'm just over halfway done with Strength and will be taking a similar break between the two stories just as I did between A Jinchuriki's Husk and Strength!

I've gotten 1200 words for Chapter 7 of Strength done. I really regret writing in both Chiyo and the Silver and Gold Brothers in Chapter 6 because all three characters are characters whose fighting abilities I'm not overly familiar with. I would've been fine with Chiyo had I not foolishly written in her 10 legendary puppets because I sorta skimmed over that/skimmed through that episode in the anime and I don't exactly remember how those puppets work together.

I'm not overly thrilled with the Silver and Gold brothers fight scene, and frankly I'm not sure if I will be. But if it ends up not being the best ever, I assure you that some of the action I have planned for the rest of the story will more than make up for it biggrin.gif

As for Guardian, I've gotten a small start on Chapter 11 and once I have a feeling once I get through Chapter 7 of strength, I'll be able to fly through chapter 11 of Guardian. I've basically already written the chapter in my head during my 40-60 minute commutes to and from work every morning/afternoon =P

As for new stories- I've been mulling over trying to do a series from the pre-shippuden days... But those stories can easily turn into a rehash of the manga with the author's own dreams sprinkled in here and there which is not something I want to happen to any of my stories... But even the possibility of me starting such a series is a LONG ways off. I wouldn't consider starting that until after I finish Radiance (which as I mentioned before is a long way itself from being started).

Anyway,that's all for now. Ja ne!

[Insert puff of smoke here]

Edited by NaruDeeds, 05 May 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#26 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

I love your stories, looking forward to more updates.

#27 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (sakurx @ May 5 2011, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love your stories, looking forward to more updates.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! biggrin.gif I just released an update for A Jinchuriki's Strength Friday, and only have 1-2 more scenes to write to finish up chapter 11 for Guardian!

#28 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

NaruDeeds update of the while:

A Jinchuriki's Strength
I'm currently struggling on chapter 8. I originally planned on a bridge chapter before the real battle kicks off, and that's exactly what chapter 8 is! The problem is that I REALLY want to get to the fights for this story as I'm excited to write them, so I'm tempted to rush straight to it. Now have no fear, I'm doing no such thing, and I like what I've gotten written so far. The chapter is just progressing a bit slower than I'd like.

Guardian
I posted Chapter 12 last Thursday and already almost have Chapter 13 completed. I've really been forcing myself to sit down and work on A Jinchuriki's Strength when I get free time, or else Chapter 13 would already be completed and posted. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, and I'm really excited in general with how the story is shaping up. I've recently actually improved the first twist of the story, and really tweaked the ending of the story as well. Which is all well and good, but it tempts me to write them right now, when realistically the first big twist won't be happening for 10'ish chapters, and I currently plan on this story becoming a 30+ chapter story. I may just write the twist and the ending early to get them out of my system and then just let them hang out on my computer!

Other Ideas
I recently had an idea for a story that I really wanted to write, and wrote the first 1000 words for it. The story will be titled Save Me. Here's my initial summary:

With Kakashi's death, Naruto completely shuts himself from all those around him. Sakura comes up with a desperate plan to break him out of his funk. "Tsunade-shishou, send me on the most dangerous mission available by myself, I need Naruto to save me."

I only plan on this one to be 5-7 chapters. Also, seeing how much difficulty I'm having keeping up with updating A Jinchuriki's Strength and Guardian, I'm not going to be posting it anytime soon. I might post it after I finish A Jinchuriki's Strength and wait until I've finished Save Me before starting on A Jinchuriki's Radiance, but I'm not even sure about that at this point. Only time will tell!

That's all for now, ja ne!

(I lied. One more thing... if you haven't yet, visit my fanfiction.net page and vote on the poll there. I'm curious which of my stories people enjoy the most. Right now Guardian has the lead!

#29 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

I hope the newest chapter of A Jinchuriki's Strength will come soon. Also; I'm excited about your new story. But why Kakashi's death?

#30 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Blazing CobaltX @ Jun 10 2011, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the newest chapter of A Jinchuriki's Strength will come soon. Also; I'm excited about your new story. But why Kakashi's death?

Well.... spending a week in Chicago on business got in the way of me working on Strength, but I'm back home now and have finally finished the chapter =) (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6681144/8/)

Will probably finish up the next one in Guardian soon and get that posted as well.

Kakashi is dying in the next story I'm writing because I needed something that could feasibly set Naruto off the emo deep end where he refuses to talk to anyone. Granted... in the beginning he will still be OOC'ish because it's not like Naruto to shut himself off from everyone for so long, but it will all work out as the story progresses!

#31 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

And when I said soon, I apparently meant tonight. Wow that went quickly! http://www.fanfictio...t/s/6603405/13/ (Guardian chapter 13)

#32 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

I started a Deviant Art page and posted the Story Board for my next story- Save Me. Check it out here! http://narudeeds.dev...Board-245008450

#33 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Good news! I've only got two more scenes to write for chapter 9 of A Jinchuriki's Strength!

Bad news- I probably won't be able to devote any more time to it to finish it up tonight.

Good news again- But I should have it finished by tomorrow night!

Morale of the story- Chapter 9 should be up by tomorrow night biggrin.gif

EDIT: Chapter 9 will be up by tomorrow night

Edited by NaruDeeds, 03 August 2011 - 12:10 AM.

#34 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

It had to be done:

Joking aside, that's great to hear. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#35 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Aug 3 2011, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It had to be done:

Joking aside, that's great to hear. biggrin.gif

Lmao tongue.gif Yes, yes it did

#36 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

And by me not having anymore time to devote to it to tonight I meant "Not Work from home all hours into the night, instead save it for the office in favor of finishing this chapter!"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6681144/9/ <---Chapter 9!

#37 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:08 AM

A review on my story Guardian made me chuckle, and also made me realize it would probably be nice to give readers an update on what's going on. Here's the review:

The true boxer sama
2011-08-31 . chapter 1
Hey, yeah, just a little note, asking a question of wheteher or not your dead. If you are, then sorry, if your not, do u think you could leave an authors note or something saying you'll continue this story? please? It's almost been two months and I used to love how fast thgis thing updated.

TTBS

First off- I hate author notes. They get your hopes up when you see that story on the first page, and then crash your hopes against the jagged rocks of despair when you realize it's just an AN. So here's my "Author's Note" of sorts in a full on NaruDeeds update.

First, and this is the most important thing, I will be continuing to write A Jinchuriki's Strength and Guardian. Now that we got that out of the way, a slight explanation to my disappearance this last...month(?)

THE BAD NEWS

We recently let someone go at work, and all of us employees had (still have) deadlines for various projects to be completed on Oct 1. I was comfortably on track to complete my own deadlines just fine, but picked up a couple of projects from the recent...letting going... and kissed my free time goodbye. I've still got quite a bit to do, and getting everything completed by Oct 1 is going to be tough, so don't expect any updates until then sadly. But on the plus side, I'm being compensated quite nicely for these extra projects so... biggrin.gif

THE GOOD NEWS
I tend to use brainstorming for my stories as a way to step away from whatever I'm working on and clear my head. So I've had LOTS of time to really think about all of my stories. What that will eventually bring you once I get to write again-
-A Jinchuriki's Strength is entirely written in my head now. Once I get time, I'll be able to put the chapters together quickly.
-A Jinchuriki's Radiance, the final part of my Jinchuriki's series is fully mapped out. Before I had a beginning, middle and end in mind, but now everything is fully connected.
-A new level to Radiance that will give you more than, "aww cute NaruSaku, NARUTO AND SAKURA SMASH" moments. I really really really like this level, and it allowed me to come up with an ending that I'm really excited about and I feel is more in tune with the Naruto series in whole.
-A couple of new stories are on the fringe for after the jinchuriki series. One of them is going to be a bit more morally grey than my stories normally are and has the potential to be my favorite thing that I've written. I was so excited that I wrote the storyboard for it while sitting in lovely Washington DC traffic on a piece of notebook paper =P

As for actual story updates:
-I hate hate hate that it's been more than two months since I've updated guardian, especially considering where I left it. Before I gave my freetime to the money gods, I got a quarter of the chapter completed. I just need to rewatch the Sound 4's fights as I don't actually remember how they fight. I know everything that I plan on writing in the chapter, other than the specifics of the Sai vs. Sound 4 fight scene.
-As I said above, all I need is some free time and the chapters of strength will flow out quickly. Minor spoiler- don't expect a happy ending like Husk. Not to say it's a sad ending, Strength's ending won't leave you going, "awww" and feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
-The next story up as I mentioned in previous posts is "Save Me." I slated it for this Fall, but by the time I get to it we'll probably be closer to winter. Look for Save Me to come after I've finished Strength.
-I saw the fall contest on here and wrote a story on my droid while sitting in a meeting I really didn't see the point of being in. Being texted entirely on my droid- there is a lot of cleaning up to do, but the story is cute and I should be able to clean it up in time for submission. It's a one-shot, and is my shortest yet at just over 4,000 words.
-A Jinchuriki's Radiance will be starting directly after Save Me is finished because I'm freaking excited to start writing it. It has the potential to be the best out of the three Jinchuriki stories.
-After Radiance, one of the stories I brainstormed will be released, most likely the one I wrote a story board for in traffic. I'm not going to say much about it, as that story is a ways out from being posted, but I will say that it involves memory loss. (Groan! Another memory loss fic, blahhh!)

That's my super duper update! Now off to bed!

Ja ne!

narusakuct7.gif

#38 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

New oneshot for H&E Autumn contest!

"Those Invincible Words"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7406161/1/

#39 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:07 AM

It's been far too long since I've been able to say this:

New chapter of Guardian is up! Yay Chapter 15, finally her after 4+ months! http://www.fanfictio...t/s/6603405/15/

#40 NaruDeeds

NaruDeeds

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

I wrote a quick one shot for Valentine's Day! This is the first of three updates for me. A new chapter of Guardian is coming out on Wednesday, and a new chapter of A Jinchuriki's Strength is coming out on Thursday!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7833484/1/

Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users