255 replies to this topic

#41 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 27 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, this makes me wonder if there's a japanese equivilent of "Women in Refridgerators".

In short, a waste of our time and page space, yes?

I really hope that's not the case, because at this point, that scene just wrapped up the last nagging thread she had left storywise. If she's kept from death at the last second, she's just going to fade into the background and do absolutely nothing. Just like the rest, really.

You got it.

That's the way it felt to me. Like the wrapping of a her character and the completion of her transformation. Truthfully, Naruto's response (yes or no) to the confession isn't necessary. That she was able to do something she's been trying to do the entire series alone shows how far she's come. Whether he returns them or not is irrelevant, if this is what Kishimoto is trying to show.

#42 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

You know, I'm wondering if the "I love you" bit wasn't something translated the way the translator wanted it to read.

If not, it speaks volumes to me about Hinata's crush. It seems to show she doesn't truly even understand what the word love is. Almost as though she views it in the way that a child would. This is when you take it into consideration that they've had, what, maybe an hour or two total time spent together throughout their lives.

Interesting to think about.

Whether he returns them or not is irrelevant, if this is what Kishimoto is trying to show.

I hope it is, because I need some faith restored in the man. Some of his choices with this series have been downright baffling, especially from a writers standpoint.
bd5.jpg

#43 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

When these chapters with the whole attack on Konoha started, I thought it was just going to show Naruto's new strengths and present how far how he had come. But after this last chapter, seeing him no longer using that power and in this state. I wonder if Kishi just set it up for Hinata's confession.

I guess we will just have to see what will happen but I just have a feeling that he didn't just set this whole thing up for her to die now.

Edited by L.I.D., 27 February 2009 - 06:35 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#44 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

Oh, I love Hinata! I don't care that NaruHina shippers will be all the F over this, I really got excited seeing her come alive like that. Her declaration of love, even though I still think Naruto's reaction was based off of friendship and due to thats its part of his nature, was very bold and made me respect her more than I had previously. Her character really is magnificent, even though it's easy to get annoyed in the short version of it that is portrayed often. Not to mention we can get into the real battle now with Naruto's new transformation.

Chapter= win.

#45 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 27 2009, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I'm wondering if the "I love you" bit wasn't something translated the way the translator wanted it to read.

I suspect that aswell
\

#46 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 27 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got it.

That's the way it felt to me. Like the wrapping of a her character and the completion of her transformation. Truthfully, Naruto's response (yes or no) to the confession isn't necessary. That she was able to do something she's been trying to do the entire series alone shows how far she's come. Whether he returns them or not is irrelevant, if this is what Kishimoto is trying to show.

That I can agree with. If it felt to wrap up her character and shown true to her "development", then that's is brillant writing. However if he avoid that by pleasing the fans (though unfortunately, I'm not sure how popular Hinata is since she was not near as close to the top 10 in the last character polls), it's called favoritism (though that also applied to us as well, bias as it may seem).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#47 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:37 AM

The way that things now currently look to me:

If Hinata lives = it's pretty much gonna be NaruHina -.-

If Hinata is truly dead = it's pretty much confirmed to be NaruSaku 8D

Now, we just have to wait out the rest of what will surely feel like a very looong week, to hopefully find out which way everything goes >.>

#48 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 27 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hinata lives = it's pretty much gonna be NaruHina -.-

I doubt it, even if she does live. To be honest, that would make no sense from any standpoint. When you think about it in terms of a writer, if that was what was going to happen, it would have been developed that way. He'd either have to spend an asinine amount of space developing it from here on since he did nothing of the sort for over four hundred chapters, which is just not feasible in a shounen manga, or just take a swig of whiskey, slap them together for no good reason and call it a day; and that's just downright terrible writing.

I think some of you guys are making too much of this. The confession had to happen. When it did, all Naruto was concerned with was "stop he's too powerful for you run".

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 06:42 AM.

bd5.jpg

#49 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

Good god, Hinata covered 3 years of character development in less than 3 pages! O.O
You can at least give her credit for that, if nothing else.
(Honestly, I don't hate her. I'm glad the poor girl finally went through the emotional surgery needed to replace her missing spine. As long as she doesn't mess with Sakura and Naruto's friendship, I'm good.)

Also great that Kishi finally got that rotting plot-skeleton out of his closet so that other *ehem* enthusiasts can't hold the possibility of Hinata's confession over our heads, cuz it already happened.
(*evil side kicks in* Plus, it's not like we can't sneak up and pants 'em when they're not lookin'! rawr.gif
Clear the way for NaruSaku!)

Edited by Gena kumo, 27 February 2009 - 06:42 AM.

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#50 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

I really say that Hinata's going to live through this, if anything else, be extremely close to death before reviving or something like that.

I mean Kishi's pretty much promoting the hell out of this New Generation of Ninja and you really can't kill off one of the successors to the Hyuuga and be able to carry a stable clan. Really, Rock Lee couldn't be a ninja anymore, he comes back, Chouji and Neji were in critical and they came back, Garra died and he came back to life, Kankuro almost died and he gets healed, hell Sasuke was supposed to die five times over and he still lived. The only people that have really died are the older characters I mean the third's dead, hayate's dead, chiyo's dead, Asuma's dead, Orochimaru's dead, Itachi, Jiraya, the old frog and possibly Kakashi.

And besides give the boy some slack, he lost most of his village, all of his mentors, asides from Yamato, are dead and now you're going to kill off someone very close to him (weather or not he loves her or not she's still his nakama), but... whatever works.

#51 Stevie

Stevie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

I believe Kishimoto did this to show her coming full circle. I don't think that just because she survives, she and Naruto will get together. Remember, we have to wait and see if Naruto returns her feelings, and also we have to wait and see what Sakura does. I'm not going to just assume that just because she confessed, they are going to get together.

Another thing is that I do like Hinata, but I am a fan of NaruSaku since they have the best potential and developement out of any pairings. However, like Nate said, I think it would be right to have her die since Naruto hasn't really had anyone dear to him die in front of his face. I believe with this Naruto will finally be more a more mature character.

My biggest problem is the fact that this came out of the blue. If there was a chapter to lead up to this then I would be fine with it, but it seems really rushed. If NaruHina happens then I am okay with that as long as there is development between the two. It would be very sloppy writing on Kishimoto's part to just make NaruHina happen so fast. So If it's going to happen I hope that at least there is time to make it happen.

On the other hand, I hope that Sakura will get involved and we can all enjoy what we have all been waiting for.

NARUSAKU w00t.gif

#52 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ Feb 26 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I love Hinata! I don't care that NaruHina shippers will be all the F over this, I really got excited seeing her come alive like that. Her declaration of love, even though I still think Naruto's reaction was based off of friendship and due to thats its part of his nature, was very bold and made me respect her more than I had previously. Her character really is magnificent, even though it's easy to get annoyed in the short version of it that is portrayed often. Not to mention we can get into the real battle now with Naruto's new transformation.

Chapter= win.

I concur sir. This chapter is win.

I have also liked Hinata as a character, but honestly I am with a lot of people here. If she is not dead, then Kishi will fail.

-edit- Oh BTW, even though everyone is OMGWTDBBQ about pairings, I would like to point out that the attack Hinata was getting ready to use, was pretty freaking cool.

Juho Soshiken!

Edited by Sir Whirly, 27 February 2009 - 07:01 AM.

#53 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Lord Roy @ Feb 27 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean Kishi's pretty much promoting the hell out of this New Generation of Ninja and you really can't kill off one of the successors to the Hyuuga and be able to carry a stable clan.

And that's exactly why this needs to happen. Kishi's completely given a free ride to the Rookie Nine. It's part of why I lost interest; before now I was sure none of them were going to reach death. Add on to that the lack of interesting events and it felt like the suspense was sucked right from the story, leaving only a withered husk.

Hinata surviving has little story potential, as she's officially finished her last lingering plot thread of the few she had to begin with; her death has a great deal. It's the kind of true death shocker that you don't see too often anymore and it actually could serve the story well. The only reason to keep her around at all is to appease fans; and when you start doing that you're headed down a very bad road.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 06:59 AM.

bd5.jpg

#54 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

What I honestly would like to see is for Hinata to live, but seeing as Naruto has not showed anything, but friendship towards her is for him to tell her he respects and appreciates her feelings for him, but does not reciprocate them. Why would he say anything else? He's never showed romantic interest in any other girl but Sakura, but getting a love confession and seeing said confessor speared all in the span of a few minuets is like emotional over load. That is Adrenalin insane people. I personally would have had an anxiety attack , Naruto turns into a demon fox, tomato tomahtoe.
It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#55 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

One more thing I'd like to add before I go to sleep:

A big theme of this chapter was people understanding each other. After Pain kills(?) Hinata, he comments, "This is just like the time my parents were killed in front of me." I think Kishimoto's goal is, in the end, for Naruto to understand Pain's viewpoint, if only a little. Maybe for Pain to understand Naruto a little as well. But for that to happen, they have to experience the same pain, which has been Pain's entire philosophy. But if Hinata survived...that wouldn''t really be happening as Naruto has never had one of his important people killed in front of him before.

It also surprised me a little that Nagato's parents were killed in front of him by Leaf ninja...it's hard to imagine any of them doing that, minus Orochimaru. Which reminds me of how Orochimaru wanted to kill the orphans. If Jiraiya & Tsunade were as heartless as him, all of this death & chaos wouldn't be happening. Just let the reality of THAT sink in for a few moments....

#56 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:10 AM

Pfftt... *stifles giggle* Mhmm... Hahahahaha. I expected no less from a mangaka who abuses deus ex machina. This is exactly the type of thing that drew me away from the series way back after the Sasori fight. I come back for 431 in attempt to understand as to why he chose to make Konoha into the perfect shape of a man-made lake. It seems I'll continue shunning of the series. I don't know why but I feel as though Kishimoto and his team pick the plot as it is by putting key phrases and words on pieces of paper, shuffles them in a hat, and use whatever they grab as the next chapter.

Well, at least this won't stop me from reading NaruSaku fanfiction.

Edited by bassclef, 27 February 2009 - 07:12 AM.

"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#57 SweetGoodbye18

SweetGoodbye18

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 26 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that's exactly why this needs to happen. Kishi's completely given a free ride to the Rookie Nine. It's part of why I lost interest; before now I was sure none of them were going to reach death. Add on to that the lack of interesting events and it felt like the suspense was sucked right from the story, leaving only a withered husk.

Hinata surviving has little story potential, as she's officially finished her last lingering plot thread of the few she had to begin with; her death has a great deal. It's the kind of true death shocker that you don't see too often anymore and it actually could serve the story well. The only reason to keep her around at all is to appease fans; and when you start doing that you're headed down a very bad road.

I also agree . If she does survive what is left for her to do? What is her point. All of her character has been about over coming her shyness and becoming stronger . She has done this by telling Naruto how she has felt about him for so long. She is not amongst the more favored character, obviously the fans or the author's seeing as she has had the least amount of panel space. so hopefully she is not to be reduced to girlfriend who hides in the background or girlfriend who suddenly gets an ass load of panel time. I know I sound like a big contradiction. lol
It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf".
I dont wish to be everything to everyone but I would like to be something to someone
"]Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you".'
"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love".

#58 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

Huh. This chapter has me talking more about this manga than I have in months. Dammit Kishi, just when I think I've completely escaped you and your grip...

QUOTE (SweetGoodbye18 @ Feb 27 2009, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If she does survive what is left for her to do? What is her point.

Well, considering she just wrapped up her last plot, not much more than stand there and look pretty.

It'd be a different story if she were one of the stronger of the nine, but she's not. If anything, she's got to be among the lowest tier. Which leaves her with little to do but twiddle her thumbs in the background.

Edited by dl316bh, 27 February 2009 - 07:17 AM.

bd5.jpg

#59 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 27 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or just take a swig of whiskey, slap them together for no good reason and call it a day; and that's just downright terrible writing.

And considering we have all seen this happen in other fandoms the Harry/Hermoine shippers were and are *still* in shock over the 'slap em together' Harry/Ginny pairing, while I agree 110% with your way of thinking, Kishimoto has been known to do stuff that we as his readers just have to shake our heads at and ask ourselves, "just what the hell was he thinking?" mellow.gif

#60 pizza_blade

pizza_blade

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

This chapter is interesting in so many ways. First, the badassary of everyone involved. Hinata is badass in that she did not hesitate to jump into death itself to protect the one she loves the most. Pain..., well, Pain is Pain. He's just got badass written all over him--destroying Konoha, killing Jiraiya, (possibly) Kakashi, and then unfazed by the six tails..., woah woah woah. And then Naruto himself--God Damn Six Tails is the most badass creature in Shounen right now.

Honestly, I am so very touched by Hinata's confession in this chapter I can even feel for Naruhina. I always have a soft spot for dramatic scenes like that... guess I am a romantic after all, hahaha.

However, I still think that even with this confession, NaruSaku is still going to be canon. The reason? First and foremost, Hinata's confession *IS* required in order to propel NaruSaku forward. It is one of the issues that need to be resolved, and I am glad that Kishi finally made Hinata did it.

The second, I can't help but to relate to Kishi's comments about Sakura needing to 'grow up'. Whether Hinata dies or not, I don't know why, but I can foresee a scene where Naruto tells Sakura about Hinata's confession, and in the end he confessed (in a serious way) his own feelings to Sakura. Something about don't want to lose you because Ninja's life is a harsh and dangerous one. And this time, Sakura needs to respond because Naruto has suffered so much pain in losing too many precious people around him, with the last one being a girl confessing her undying love for him (assuming Hinata dies of course)

That, and the fact that, come on people, it's still 6 tails! 8 tails is reserved for Sakura for sure! biggrin.gif

Of course, there's always the possibility (you gotta admit this) that Hinata survives and Naruto is returning her feelings. You just never know.

Gah, I'm rambling, sorry. Time to get out! laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users