• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Last years comic con teaser for Godzilla reboot got leaked yesterday! Anyone who likes Godzilla should check it out if you haven't already seen it. For those who have seen it, what do you guys/girls think about it? :D

Link to the teaser is below:

http://vimeo.com/76248443

Edited by Enkai, 07 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

10wnpqp.jpg

#2 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Nice teaser, I'm really hoping to see Godzilla face off with another monster too.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#3 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Nice teaser, I'm really hoping to see Godzilla face off with another monster too.

Yeah I really liked the teaser, there is definitely another monster besides Godzilla in the movie. I guess based off the teaser that Godzilla must have fought it, also I'm excited to see what role Bryan Cranston's character plays in the movie.

10wnpqp.jpg

#4 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm interested in it so far. I'm not a total fan of the design, but there's been at least a thing or two I haven't liked about any of the Godzilla designs since 2000. It is a nice and foreboding trailer. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

There will be two monsters facing off against the Big Guy in this one.  It's a centipede and a spider.  They're also hoping for a Destroy All Monsters type sequel if Godzilla 2014's a success.... And you know what that means! KING GHIDORAH.  Anyway, the new design's interesting, face-wise.  Godzilla's lacking his angry, orange-fire eyes, instead looking a bit more human, which is a bit unnerving, actually. He also gets gills this time.

Still, I saw the leak from the Godzilla Encounter during this year's Comic-Con and I'm pretty impressed with the overall design.  It looks like a blend of the muscular 80's-90's version (my favorite) and the feral 2000 versions.

#6 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Can't see the link. Maybe the vid was pulled?

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#7 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Can't see the link. Maybe the vid was pulled?

That is strange, I can still see the link and video is working :/

10wnpqp.jpg

#8 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

There will be two monsters facing off against the Big Guy in this one.  It's a centipede and a spider.  They're also hoping for a Destroy All Monsters type sequel if Godzilla 2014's a success.... And you know what that means! KING GHIDORAH.  Anyway, the new design's interesting, face-wise.  Godzilla's lacking his angry, orange-fire eyes, instead looking a bit more human, which is a bit unnerving, actually. He also gets gills this time.

Still, I saw the leak from the Godzilla Encounter during this year's Comic-Con and I'm pretty impressed with the overall design.  It looks like a blend of the muscular 80's-90's version (my favorite) and the feral 2000 versions.

A sequel would be cool but just hope that this movie lives up to the hype. The teaser is really good but I want to see the full trailer they released in this years comic con.

10wnpqp.jpg

#9 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

@Enkai - Could you send me the URL by PM? 

All I can see on your post after 'Link to the teaser is below:' is a plain black box.  :confused:

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Japanese Gojira?  :woot:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#11 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Looks like it, design seems to based of the Japanese one especially the spikes. I think it has a bit more of a modern touch too.

10wnpqp.jpg

#12 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, Legendary is partnering/collaborating with Toho to create an authentic Godzilla reboot.  

#13 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

The arms, snout, and teeth look too short for my tastes his feet too. But it is menacing which is a plus. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Godzilla isn't looking as mean in the teaser trailer, but boy has he grown... he seems to be even taller then his Heisei series counterpart. I wonder how large they're gonna make him? As tall as Slattern from Pacific Rim or something? xD

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hey guys there was another trailer that was leaked at the same time as the teaser. I only found out about it today, its bad quality "filmed using a mobile phone", it possibly might be the trailer that is due to be released Nov 3rd.

Click this link to view 2nd leaked trailer

10wnpqp.jpg

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hey guys there was another trailer that was leaked at the same time as the teaser. I only found out about it today, its bad quality "filmed using a mobile phone", it possibly might be the trailer that is due to be released Nov 3rd.

Click this link to view 2nd leaked trailer

Not much can be deciphered. It's like the teaser with a few shots of the actors. I do like the intro. I almost thought it was actually a trailer for Monsters 2. I thought they would be using the footage they showed at Comic Con where they're at an airport and he's fighting giant insects.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

They really haven't said much about Ken Watanabe's role in the film, although some claim he might play a role akin to Daisuke Serizama from the original 1954 film.

"They don't want none"

#18 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

@chouzu_tao 

Yeah not much to the trailer besides the introduction of a couple characters, hopefully they do end up releasing a different one on Nov 3rd. The ending of the trailer is disappointing since it is no different than the teaser :/

@Toasty Warrior

Hmm yeah not sure what his role will be, I know Bryan Cranston is meant to play a scientist or something.

10wnpqp.jpg

#19 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I know for one thing they won't be using the oxygen destroyer on Godzilla since this is gonna be different from the Japanese version, but I can think of a way they could stop Godzilla:

legendary_battle_by_seansumagaysay-d5ze8

"They don't want none"

#20 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Anyone got an link to the trailer? Why are they taking it down so much? It's like these fools don't want their movie to have publicity.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Godzilla, LegendaryPictures, Reboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users