• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

BACKGROUND
King Allant the XII, the last king of Boletaria, searched tirelessly to expand his might. The Nexus, a great ice shrine nestled in the mountains, bestowed the power of the souls onto him, bringing prosperity to his kingdom. Still unsated, he returned again to the Nexus, where he foolishly awakened the Old One from its eternal slumber. This long forgotten evil, now wrought upon Boletaria, plunged the realm into darkness and fog. A mighty demon horde poured into the kingdom, devouring the souls of men.

Champions from other realms learned of Boletaria's fate and sought to deliver the kingdom from evil; none would return from the cursed land. Called upon by a mysterious maiden in black, you go forth, the last hope for humanity in a place lost to demons and darkness...

- The game is said to be a spiritual successor to FROMSoft's King's Field series.

- The player assumes control after an extensive character customization; male or female.

- There are 10 starting classes/job classifications to choose from: Soldier, Knight, Hunter, Priest, Magician, Wanderer, Barbarian, Thief, Temple Knight, and Aristocrat. “Starting” because over the course of the game they can be evolved into any amalgam of other classes as seen fit by the player. For example, a melee class, like the Barbarian, can eventually become a spellcaster. Class also dramatically affects your starting appearance, as it determines all of the weapons and armor you’ll start the game with.

- Weapons: swords, axes, clubs, maces, bows, crossbows, and so forth. And within each class of weapon lies a healthy variety as well. Take, for instance, swords, which can range from nimble blades like a dagger, scimitar, or rapier, to larger ones like bastard swords, claymores, and flamberges.. All of these can be upgraded via collecting souls.

- Character growth is also carried out by the collecting of souls, so choose wisely!

- There is a New Game + option when you beat the game. Typical New Game+ features apply.

- There are two versions of the game: standard and Collector's. The Collector's Edition will cost $10 more and includes a 150-page guide book along with a slipcase that will house both the game and guidebook. This edition is only available to U.S residents, although both versions will net gamers an artbook and a bundled soundtrack

Online features

* Players can find messages on the ground containing hints and advice that other players have left.
* Players can find bloodstains where other players have died, and view how their deaths occurred.
* Co-operative play allows three players to team up and play through different levels in the game.
* In competitive play, a player can force themselves into another player's adventure and play as their opponent.

Release Date: October 6th, 2009 (North America)

Looks like Oblivion + ICO (atmosphere). Can't wait cool.gif

Edited by Dash, 03 October 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

Day 1 buy.

One of the RPGs I actually want to play. The online aspect sounds interesting as well, although some have complained about the difficulty.

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

Oh god, looks like 09-10 is THE year for gamers for now.... XD

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Its a pity this isn't being released in Australia, but it doesn't matter too much, I'll just import the US version, I love region free stuff biggrin.gif

btw, apart from play-asia, does anyone know any other websites I could buy it from? and that'd ship to Australia lol.

#5 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Sep 28 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a pity this isn't being released in Australia, but it doesn't matter too much, I'll just import the US version, I love region free stuff biggrin.gif

btw, apart from play-asia, does anyone know any other websites I could buy it from? and that'd ship to Australia lol.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/
Canadian site (International shipping = $7.49 Canadian)

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

This looks bloody awesome. Great visuals, awesome combat, and excellent music. I heard the game play is teeth clenching frustrating though. Really glad that Atlus is publishing this over here. Definitely going to pick it up on Christmas.

#7 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:49 AM

My preorder from play-asia has been shipped, I should have this game in the next 1-4 days. Although, I get the feeling I will end up going crazy with it, since I'm pretty bad at RPGs as it is, and this is supposedly alot harder than most... oh well, I'm sure ill still have fun biggrin.gif

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

It's out today! I'm waiting for my student loans to be approved before buying it... hopefully there's enough deluxe editions.

#9 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Got the game today, UPS is awesome biggrin.gif

Anyway, I've only played a little bit of it... But I managed to die in the Tutorial, some giant monster thing at the end of it took like 90% of my HP with 1 hit and I was so stunned at the loss of HP that he hit me again lol. Either way, It definitely seems like a great game.

#10 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

Just got the deluxe edition today. Can't wait to kill some demons, yo!

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

So is it really difficult?

#12 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:06 AM

It can be, if you just rush in and try to hack anything that moves to pieces you'll be deader than dead quickly. Plus enemies usually hide around corners and such and I've have been ambushed a few times already. Although I've only visited three areas so far, and the hardest enemies I've ran around were this fat guys who smack you with a long jockey whip and cast fire spells and a dragon that regularly burns the walkway you're trying to cross, while you're on it.

#13 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

Haven't had this much fun with a game in a while. Online aspects add a lot more to it than I'd have thought. It is challenging, though, but that's part of the fun. When you die (which happens a lot), it's because of something you did and not the result of a glitch or poor game design. When you do finally beat a boss or get past hordes of enemies that had previously kicked the crap out of you, it's generally because your skills and planning improved, which makes it feel like more of an accomplishment (at least for me).

#14 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

I have just picked up this game like last week and I'll admit, it's been kicking my butt. I've tried with a Knight and Thief. I like the hardiness of the Knight, but I like the mobility of the Thief also. I think I'm gonna try some of the other classes to see if I can get a better fit or something.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

You have an ID account, NoWhere?

#16 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 5 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have an ID account, NoWhere?

PSN: Xian Xuin

Edited by No WhereMan, 06 April 2010 - 12:37 AM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users