• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#21 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

She was a pretty meak character in the beginning, but it's been very sweet to see her progression, a lot of which she attributes to Naruto. In the future, I'd like to see her set aside her crush on Naruto and instead come into her own as the Hyuga heiress, and display some of that strength that she has occasionally flashed in the manga. And of course, honoring her late cousin by creating equality amongst the family branches.

See, its possible appreciate her without posting a ish ton of fan service pictures off of deviant art.

I agree with what you said, but about that last part. Sure complimenting her is part of this threads purpose, but if that's all we did here, then this thread would be so quiet. Plus me and Striker started the appreciation thread a long time ago with Sakura for fanboy reasons. It's all for fun.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#22 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I agree with what you said, but about that last part. Sure complimenting her is part of this threads purpose, but if that's all we did here, then this thread would be so quiet. Plus me and Striker started the appreciation thread a long time ago with Sakura for fanboy reasons. It's all for fun.

Testify Brotha

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#23 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

2203001.jpg

2XtVwF6.png

#24 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Lol dat pic.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#25 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hyuuga Hinata. Well Okay I'll do this Properly. for the Millionth time I've said this I like Hinata. She is a realistic character I can relate to and I find her strive for self improvement endearing. My only grievance for her character are that she has only Naruto on the brain. It makes her character uninteresting and predictable, not to mention shallow. 

I'm going to be honest about these "appreciation" threads. I really, really don't like them. Instead of appreciating Ino and Sakura for their abilities in combat, personalities, and overall appeal as characters, these threads degrade them by focusing on how "hot" they look, (which is weird and gross.) The smutty pictures, which I don't think are even allowed to be posted on the threads in the first place, are disgusting and do nothing to show appreciation for either character. That goes for the nasty comments about how sexy they would look in school uniforms, or how they need to be wearing less. Have you not taken into account that what you're saying about these characters might offend somebody? Or how not everyone on this forum is old enough to view the content that you're posting? Now you’re doing it to Hinata’s character too. Did either of you even ask a mod if this content was okay to post? Because I'm going to ask them for you right now.

Well not that I disagree dear Slextrem, but in the case of Hinata there is not much to discuss is there? :mellow: In fact I find her character itself kind of sexist in a sense. Women are not supposed to look to men for inspiration, and certainly not just a single man. Sure Hinata represents an ideal Japanese woman (which makes it all the more strange that she has so many fans in  NA), however I still disagree that women should be like that, and should be driven determined individuals of their own accord. That's what I like about Sakura and Ino, they have depth to their characters. Well From Ino's limited manga appearances she has way more than Hinata. :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 August 2013 - 03:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hyuuga Hinata. Well Okay I'll do this Properl. for the Millionth time I;ve said this I like Hinata. She is a realistic character I can reate to and I find her strive for self improvement endearing. My only grievance for her character are that she has only Naruto on the brain. It makes her character uninteresting and predictable, not to mention shallow.

Fair point, but I like to think more towards the future with Hinata. She has to play a huge role in her clan. By either leading it or fixing it. She even said that after the war she would stop chasing Naruto. So yeah, I think very positive with Hinata. :lol:

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 August 2013 - 12:39 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Which I hope she does. I would like for that to happen, but she had so many opportunities for it to happen and it didn't go through.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Which I hope she does. I would like for that to happen, but she had so many opportunities for it to happen and it didn't go through.

I don't think she has had the opportunity to really do anything with her clan, yet.

2XtVwF6.png

#29 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I agree those pictures are inappropriate for the young eyes, b-but on the other hand:

FAP+TIME+_53c1786fb40bffd51558357b08c9ab

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#30 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

I agree those pictures are inappropriate for the young eyes, b-but on the other hand:

FAP+TIME+_53c1786fb40bffd51558357b08c9ab

Haha! :P

But this is Naruto. Young eyes stare at Tsunade's breast just.. hanging out, or Hinata in the hot springs. She had to cover them up. And they are in spoilers for a reason. The age thing is no excuse to be upset with these appreciation threads posting sexy pictures.

As long as there is no 18+ material, and the pictures stay in spoilers, there can't be anything wrong with it. :thumb:

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 August 2013 - 11:46 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#31 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

What so say? I find Hinata decent, the whole backstory is one in which why she would be so compelled to try her best especially after seeing Naruto face Neji. Just that because she has been left behind so much, her development has gone largely unanswered and only resolved in shorter sequences, some of which just don't seem in place. All I hope for her is to lead her clan and gain self confidence but still upset she got development at the cost of Neji despite that event wrapping up the arc between Naruto and the Hyugas which started in the chunin exams. Anyways yes, Hinata has her good points but she is largely untapped, sadly its too late to try and flesh her out as she could have been so whatever Kishi does now, its just going to remain limited and simple.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#32 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Good post Inferno. :P

If anybody is wondering, I don't mind if you want to talk about who Hinata would be good with. Sasuke, Kiba, Shina, Naruto. You can add that stuff into your post if you want to. :thumb:

2XtVwF6.png

#33 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Haha! :P

But this is Naruto. Young eyes stare at Tsunade's breast just.. hanging out, or Hinata in the hot springs. She had to cover them up. And they are in spoilers for a reason. The age thing is no excuse to be upset with these appreciation threads posting sexy pictures.

As long as there is no 18+ material, and the pictures stay in spoilers, there can't be anything wrong with it. :thumb:

I know , i was just making a joke :P :D

Good post Inferno. :P

If anybody is wondering, I don't mind if you want to talk about who Hinata would be good with. Sasuke, Kiba, Shina, Naruto. You can add that stuff into your post if you want to. :thumb:

SasuHina takes the cake , darkness and light put together , should make a fun pairing  ^^.

Edited by Psychox, 22 August 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#34 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

I know , i was just making a joke :P :D

SasuHina takes the cake , darkness and light put together , should make a fun pairing  ^^.

I know, that's why I said "haha". :P

And yes. SasuHina is amazing, but KibaHina isn't bad either. :wub:

2XtVwF6.png

#35 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I know, that's why I said "haha". :P

And yes. SasuHina is amazing, but KibaHina isn't bad either. :wub:

Lets see how good will they look together......

tumblr_mrus6kWS231rjr6noo5_500.jpg

Edited by Psychox, 22 August 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#36 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Lets see how good will they look together......

tumblr_mrus6kWS231rjr6noo5_500.jpg

2205548.jpg

2XtVwF6.png

#37 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hinata kinda strikes me as the one who will end independent. I mean she's happy long as naruto is, Kishi basically put emphasis on NS no matter how its argued, even for those saying stuff like 457 or 469 signaled the end, he still puts more emphasis on NS than NH. With 631, its only a matter of time until the next NS moment following what we saw in 635 with Sakura not trusting Sasuke.

I feel Hinata's development is obviously where we saw her start, getting the self confidence and approval of her father. Rather her final development should correlate more towards standing on her own without Naruto basically no longer anchoring onto Naruto or needing to see him for everything and rather just believe in her own ability I mean Naruto did tell her she is stronger than she thinks, maybe that should be enough encouragement for her to stand on her own. Besides, epsically when moments like pain and 615 happened then just ended fast, now with stuff like 631 being thrown in, with the only girl-kushina comparison so far, that girl being Sakura, NH has a lot of work cut out for it to try and reach canon if Naruto is still thinking love over Sakura and even Minato thinks of Sakura like Kushina even minor. Even then there isn't much reason for Minato to meet Hinata, I mean Kishi just put more emphasis on NS again.

Hinata has her development and well, I'm glad shes the only girl to not drool over Sasuke but even then I kinda feel her love at this point is exactly how some fans make out what they call Sakuras to Sasuke, yet Sakura has shown signs of changing. Hinata has her good points and 2 high moments, I just wish those moments didn't involve someone getting injured. Basically if I had to say anything about Hinata, she was given a good template from which she could have developed but rather Kishi largely ignored this and hasn't used much at all, espcially when other events like 457 and 631 just put more on the table for NS, when NH or rather Hinata herself had the opportunity and time and chance and place to develop, he didn't use it. In the same situations as Sakura could have gotten more battle time or even a notion of training for her powerup (such as there could have been a short scene with Sakura and Tsunade in which tsunade could have said "Sakura in preparation for this war, I want you to review "that technique again" Something that simple, yet even then with Sakura's own shortcomings like the land of iron, she gets more development for her character on that. But yeah Hinata has gone largely unaddressed and with stuff like Naruto not changing who he likes and Sakura actually changing her view on Sasuke NH has a lot of shortcomings because Hinata herself has gone largely unaddressed. She will get her resolution but its just too short and too late at this point when we have seen the manga go.

Hinata has her good points but sadly she is mostly a filler character, getting more time in the fillers than the manga itself. Even shippuden ep 166 was in my opinion overdone because of that lack of manga development for her. As any character she had a lot of potential but that has dwindled down and she can only get so much development now espcially with the current fight and the team 7 centric NvS stuff in the future.

#38 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

A lot of NaruSaku fans hate Hinata because they see her as a threat and someone getting in the way of NaruSaku. I don't see her being either of those. Naruto loves Sakura and Hinata is not going to stop chasing Naruto after the war, so I can't really fear the possibility of Naruto and Hinata ending up together anymore. As for Hinata being in the way. That makes no sense at all. Sasuke I could understand since Sakura has some feelings for him probably still there, but it isn't like Naruto is viewing Hinata the same way he views Sakura. I like Hinata. I really do. And that's why I made this thread. So everyone else could appreciate her as much as I want to. Oh... and to post some sexy pictures. :excited:

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 August 2013 - 03:17 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#39 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

A lot of NaruSaku fans hate Hinata because they see her as a threat and someone getting in the way of NaruSaku. I don't see her being either of those. Naruto loves Sakura and Hinata is not going to stop chasing Naruto after the war, so I can't really fear the possibility of Naruto and Hinata ending up together anymore. As for Hinata being in the way. That makes no sense at all. Sasuke I could understand since Sakura has some feelings for him probably still there, but it isn't like Naruto is viewing Hinata the same way he views Sakura. I like Hinata. I really do. And that's why I made this thread. So everyone else could appreciate her as much as I want to. Oh... and to post some sexy pictures. :excited:

Well just look at the emphasis we've seen from time to time regarding Naruto towards Sakura, I mean Hiruzen said, "Only when a shinobi finds something worth fighting for, do they truely become strong." At that moment Naruto was ready to face Gaara after seeing Sakura captured by him. That line was two fold for Naruto about 1. He had the strength to save Sakura, 2. It was not only about her but also how he would eventually treat any friend caught in something bad but try to save them all he can.

Even then with moments like Sakura seeing Naruto's struggle, the 4 tails, and Sai's revelation to her, its still all chained up between how her view and outlook of Naruto greatly changed, the third one dealing the most with love. Sakura herself has also shown a counter side when it came to Sasuke, I mean 540 and now 635 are the only wavering feeling moments of any pairing, in essence SS may be ready to crack. We have seen a small amount of NH too, but its generally been Hinata most of the time, even then not much emphasis was placed on it like the NS moments we have seen. I mean ep 166, placed a lot of emphasis on NH but that was mostly anime filler. Worst of all, after moments like that, still unaddressed. If Kishi gave a bigger notion of NH over NS with all types of development then it would have a better chance, but as it went, NH is very small. NS has gained more and more since shippuden began 6-7 years ago. Now its just a matter of time to see what remains for Hinata and how NS goes if 631 really is the start of the pairing stuff since Kushina put it in action back in the turtle island arc and Minato built on that recently meeting Sakura.

#40 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well just look at the emphasis we've seen from time to time regarding Naruto towards Sakura, I mean Hiruzen said, "Only when a shinobi finds something worth fighting for, do they truely become strong." At that moment Naruto was ready to face Gaara after seeing Sakura captured by him. That line was two fold for Naruto about 1. He had the strength to save Sakura, 2. It was not only about her but also how he would eventually treat any friend caught in something bad but try to save them all he can.

Even then with moments like Sakura seeing Naruto's struggle, the 4 tails, and Sai's revelation to her, its still all chained up between how her view and outlook of Naruto greatly changed, the third one dealing the most with love. Sakura herself has also shown a counter side when it came to Sasuke, I mean 540 and now 635 are the only wavering feeling moments of any pairing, in essence SS may be ready to crack. We have seen a small amount of NH too, but its generally been Hinata most of the time, even then not much emphasis was placed on it like the NS moments we have seen. I mean ep 166, placed a lot of emphasis on NH but that was mostly anime filler. Worst of all, after moments like that, still unaddressed. If Kishi gave a bigger notion of NH over NS with all types of development then it would have a better chance, but as it went, NH is very small. NS has gained more and more since shippuden began 6-7 years ago. Now its just a matter of time to see what remains for Hinata and how NS goes if 631 really is the start of the pairing stuff since Kushina put it in action back in the turtle island arc and Minato built on that recently meeting Sakura.

Another great post. All of your post are so long. :excited:

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 August 2013 - 04:19 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users