135 replies to this topic

#81 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

I won't list them all, it would take too long, lol.

But some are: Silver Spoon, Youjouhan Shinwa Taikei, Kimi ni Todoke, Gangsta, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (been meaning to watch it since it came out, never got around to it), Nabari no Ou, Kyoukai no Kanata, Chihayafuru, Toradora, Skull Man, Princess Tutu (I've heard it supposed to be really good and not as cutesy as it sounds, so I'm going to try it), Mousou Dairinin, Jigoku Shoujo, Samurai Champloo... and it goes on.

I'll probably try Gintama and Hunter x Hunter sometime, since everyone says such good things about them, but they're both so long I don't know when I'll get around to those.

Those are just some of the ones I haven't seen at all yet, not counting anything I'm currently watching. Right now I'm almost finished with Mawaru Penguindrum, and it's definitely as crazy as it sounds but at the same time I'm ridiculously entertained.

Many of the animes I'm planning to check out for myself! Right now I'm watching Gangsta, Gintama and Youjouhan Shinwa Takei from the ones you mentioned. Gintama is the funniest and one of the most unusual mangas out there. Not sure if it's your taste though. It's kind of a dirty series, and not only meant in the perverted way XD But yeah, I love Gintama. It's breath of fresh air in my eyes. Youjouhan Shinwa Takei... *sigh* While the story is teally interesting, they talk so FAST. It's so hard to keep up with the sub @_@ Gangsta's concept overall is interesting, but the anime feels a bit dull and lifeless as an adaptation. I'll prob read the manga afterwards.
Ok, now let me just tell you this about HunterxHunter: It's one of the best animes I've ever seen and one of my favorite if not the favorite shounen series. Best consistent animation for any longrunning shonen I've ever seen, and best bromance! I caught up with it over the summer, and in a way it changed my entire perspective about the shounen genre. If you ever start it, tell me, b/c I'd liked to discuss. It is by no means a perfect anime as it has a slow start, unfitting music in certain scenes, and creates polarizing opinions on the heavy use of narration during the Chimera Ant, but it still sets a high bar in terms of longrunning adaptations. It's pretty much on par with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood :D

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#82 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Jun Maeda tries so hard to be unpredictable. Come on, most people already spoiled his twists from day one, ability-stealing power? Checked! 

Time travel? Checked!

And since Misa is able to possess somebody alive, shouldn't there be an afterlife, then? Of course, Yuu should be angered and sad since his sister died but couldn't they contact her at some point if she really was dead? Anyway, it doesn't matter that much.

Nao saves this show.

Edited by tonyblu, 01 September 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#83 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

Many of the animes I'm planning to check out for myself! Right now I'm watching Gangsta, Gintama and Youjouhan Shinwa Takei from the ones you mentioned. Gintama is the funniest and one of the most unusual mangas out there. Not sure if it's your taste though. It's kind of a dirty series, and not only meant in the perverted way XD But yeah, I love Gintama. It's breath of fresh air in my eyes. Youjouhan Shinwa Takei... *sigh* While the story is teally interesting, they talk so FAST. It's so hard to keep up with the sub @_@ Gangsta's concept overall is interesting, but the anime feels a bit dull and lifeless as an adaptation. I'll prob read the manga afterwards.
Ok, now let me just tell you this about HunterxHunter: It's one of the best animes I've ever seen and one of my favorite if not the favorite shounen series. Best consistent animation for any longrunning shonen I've ever seen, and best bromance! I caught up with it over the summer, and in a way it changed my entire perspective about the shounen genre. If you ever start it, tell me, b/c I'd liked to discuss. It is by no means a perfect anime as it has a slow start, unfitting music in certain scenes, and creates polarizing opinions on the heavy use of narration during the Chimera Ant, but it still sets a high bar in terms of longrunning adaptations. It's pretty much on par with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood :D

I'm not sure if Gintama would be to my taste either, but I'd probably give a few episode a try sometime. I'll try to free myself up to start Hunter x Hunter soon though, putting it on par with FMA:B is pretty high praise IMO so I'll definitely have to check it out.

#84 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

I'm not sure if Gintama would be to my taste either, but I'd probably give a few episode a try sometime. I'll try to free myself up to start Hunter x Hunter soon though, putting it on par with FMA:B is pretty high praise IMO so I'll definitely have to check it out.

*ahem* I'm going to do lots and lots and lots of propaganda for two of my favorite shounen series. So expect loooots of bias in here :zaru: .
Cause I don't want to derail this thread into a general anime thread, I'll put this in spoilers

Edited by trang95, 04 September 2015 - 05:44 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#85 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

*ahem* I'm going to do lots and lots and lots of propaganda for two of my favorite shounen series. So expect loooots of bias in here :zaru: .

Cause I don't want to derail this thread into a general anime thread, I'll put this in spoilers

I'll take all that into consideration. Probably I'll start Hunter x Hunter whenever kissanime gets back up and running, so hopefully soon. And probably give Gintama a shot sometime later. :)

#86 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

I'll take all that into consideration. Probably I'll start Hunter x Hunter whenever kissanime gets back up and running, so hopefully soon. And probably give Gintama a shot sometime later. :)

Gosh, I hope kissanime comes back soon. I know it doesn't always upload the newest episode on time, but it's still my favorite animesite.

When you start it, make sure to write something about it in the HxH thread!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#87 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

New episode: http://animeonlinetv...otte-episode-10

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#88 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:52 AM

Best episode in a loooong time. I agree with Yuu: Don't care what anyone else thinks about his imouto-complex. This made my heart really warm ^_^

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#89 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

Best episode in a loooong time. I agree with Yuu: Don't care what anyone else thinks about his imouto-complex. This made my heart really warm ^_^

I agree. I freaking loved this episode!! It was soo cute <3

So Ayumi did die before, I thought she was alive somewhere. But non or less I'm glad that she didn't die in this episode :umm: .

Oh, btw Trang you should try "Smokin' Parade" :D It's a new manga by the same author as Deadman Wonderland, and it's really awesome ^_^ 

#90 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

I agree. I freaking loved this episode!! It was soo cute <3
So Ayumi did die before, I thought she was alive somewhere. But non or less I'm glad that she didn't die in this episode :umm: .
Oh, btw Trang you should try "Smokin' Parade" :D It's a new manga by the same author as Deadman Wonderland, and it's really awesome ^_^ 

What's the manga about?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#91 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

What's the manga about?

Hard to tell since there's only one chapter out. 

But I can tell from that: 

Basically the first chapter is about this guy named Kakujou Youkou (i think?) who just turned 15. His sister wanted to throw a party for him (also his sister couldn't walk before, cause she didn't have legs, so she got an operation). 

The problem is just that in the town a lot of murder has happened, and every time the criminals does this murder they leave a Fake animal head behind. Well all I can say is that he gets a Bloody Birthday party..

#92 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

Hard to tell since there's only one chapter out. 
But I can tell from that: 

Basically the first chapter is about this guy named Kakujou Youkou (i think?) who just turned 15. His sister wanted to throw a party for him (also his sister couldn't walk before, cause she didn't have legs, so she got an operation). 
The problem is just that in the town a lot of murder has happened, and every time the criminals does this murder they leave a Fake animal head behind. Well all I can say is that he gets a Bloody Birthday party..

I read the first chapter. Pretty interesting so far. I'm guessing it's a monthly manga?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#93 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

I read the first chapter. Pretty interesting so far. I'm guessing it's a monthly manga?

Yeah sadly it's a monthly one T-T. This manga was one of the mangas I looked forward too this year! And I'm not disappointed.

What did you think of it?? 

#94 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

That has always been one of my pet peeves about Anime and Manga, it's how different gender sibling relationships are handled, if they love their brother/sister they are branded a creepy bro-con or sis-con and they try to imply their thoughts for their sibling is inpure, or it's shown as a cold relationship where they hardly interact.

There is nothing wrong with loving your siblings, platonic love for family is one of the strongest and pure things out there...it pisses me off no end that Animes and Manga are constantly trying to dirty that bond.

iAnby7W.gif

#95 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

Oh this anime seems to be really interesting ! Gonna check it later ! 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#96 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

That has always been one of my pet peeves about Anime and Manga, it's how different gender sibling relationships are handled, if they love their brother/sister they are branded a creepy bro-con or sis-con and they try to imply their thoughts for their sibling is inpure, or it's shown as a cold relationship where they hardly interact.

There is nothing wrong with loving your siblings, platonic love for family is one of the strongest and pure things out there...it pisses me off no end that Animes and Manga are constantly trying to dirty that bond.

I sosososo agree with you. Coming from someone who gets along very well with my younger brother, I'm fond of animes that focus a lot on sibling relationships. That's why animes such as Code Geass and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood have a special place in my heart. Being protective of a sibling often shows a side of a character that you'd normally never see towards anyone else. No matter how big of a jerk Yuu was in the beginning, his sister never saw him like that. Im return, she always made him smile.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#97 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

Yeah sadly it's a monthly one T-T. This manga was one of the mangas I looked forward too this year! And I'm not disappointed.
What did you think of it?? 

I'm not sure yet what to think of the MC. Will see. But that moment with his sister towards the end was really sad :(

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#98 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

I sosososo agree with you. Coming from someone who gets along very well with my younger brother, I'm fond of animes that focus a lot on sibling relationships. That's why animes such as Code Geass and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood have a special place in my heart. Being protective of a sibling often shows a side of a character that you'd normally never see towards anyone else. No matter how big of a jerk Yuu was in the beginning, his sister never saw him like that. Im return, she always made him smile.

I'm the youngest and get along really well with the youngest of my older sisters, that's a bond that's still there dispite us being adults. I also liked those two animes partially for that reason plus they are porbably in the top five animes of the past decade. It's why I'm conflicted about Itachi and Sasuke's relationship, On one side I understand the sacrifice a brother made so his brother would live, on the other his methods were not what I'd condone from a brother. I also like the sibling relationship in Yahari Snafu, the relaitionship between the socially awkward brother and popular sister is similar to mine with my sister, two very different people yet still have a strong bond....though the LN does play up the sis-con side a bit too much at times. but for the most I like how the relationship is built up.

Sticking closer to topic, one of the best moments in anime was the flashback scene in Angel Beats between the MC and his sick sister, the hours he worked to buy his sister a present, the way her sister died, and how he turned his life around for the memory of his sister also ranks up there as best anime moments.

iAnby7W.gif

#99 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#100 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

I could be wrong but i see it as something cultural maybe? Ergh that isnt the right term but its hard to explain i detail right now lol. But in my family and so are my friends we usually dont show much affection but it doesnt mean we dont care. Its like embarassing and awkward to act sweet with a sibling.. more like a tsundere actually lol i cant believe im using that term here. But yeah mostly it is perceived that once siblings grew older they will like detach thselves and be closer to their friends instead like its part of growing up. It isnt just in anime or manga. And i dont think anime/manga like this one depicts sibling love as somehing impure. They just describe it in how actual siblings act when growing up. Like starting to get embarass being seen with them its not an act of coldness but just an awkward phase like how we sometimes growing boys or girls will get embarass when seen with their mom . Like they are still a child.

One show that perfectly depict my relationship with my older brother is ccs touya-sakura one. We call each other ugly or some other names, eat each others 'food reserves' etc.. but he still picks me up most if the time even if im already working.

Lol sorry i think im a bjt drunk so my thoughts are too jumbled.

How many episodes left btw?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P.A. Works, Key (company), Jun Maeda, anime original, beautiful animation, school, super power, drama, comedy, main character is a jerk :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users