• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#441 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

I think the very last lines of the chapter now give it away in hindsight.

"Extreme power born of a rage verging on MADNESS!"

Well its beyond madness now that's for sure it became "sickening twisted" and that's an understatement, I have literary no words to describe this crap anymore.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#442 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

Well its beyond madness now that's for sure it became "sickening twisted" and that's an understatement, I have literary no words to describe this crap anymore.

The ones I usually use are "pathetic" and "miserable", tho sometimes I use different ones.

#443 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

The ones I usually use are "pathetic" and "miserable", tho sometimes I use different ones.

Good but its still to soft it doesn't do them justice the words I tend to use are usually censored or can't be said in English  :sweat:.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#444 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

It's a case of being written in ignorance, not comprehending that ramifications or implications of the scene. And after a point, that's the Naruto series in a nutshell. Beneath the shonen exterior we have a bunch of messed up characters that would need various forms of psychiatric counseling at minimum, as this is a series built upon unhealthy relationships portrayed in a positive manner.

Hell, considering Boruto opened with some dude saying he would end the ninja world I can't help but feel that Naruto ultimately failed in his attempts at changing the system. It's still going on, creating suffering for others and we have some bloke coming out of nowhere to end it. It would even make you consider why aren't cheering for this guy rather that Boruto who seems to be about upholding the system (traditionalist Japanese social values aside). This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.

Just replace Ben with the disillusioned Naruto fanbase and soon to be Vader with Naruto. The lava is SP's and Boruto's continuing problems handling the series.

Edited by RulesofNature, 24 December 2017 - 12:01 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#445 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, Naruto should have gone through something akin to Peter in Spider-Man: Homecoming, when Peter, in his overzealous drive to prove himself to Tony and earn a spot on the Avengers, he not only ends up screwing up an undercover sting set up by Tony to catch Toomes and his crew (which ended up showing a lack of faith in others), but almost gets everyone else on that ship killed too, and then, to top it all off, ends up saying how he's nothing without his suit, which leads to one of my favorite Tony quotes, "If you think you're nothing without the suit, then you shouldn't be wearing it", leading to Peter having to learn that it was always his own strength and will that made him strong, allowing him to confront and defeat Toomes, and even earning a spot on the Avengers like he wanted, only to, thanks to his own maturation, turn it down and opt to gain more experience "closer to the ground" first.
You could easily replace Peter with Naruto, and the Spider-Man suit with his position as Hokage and/or Kurama and his chakra, and make things more interesting, where Naruto could, once again, have to learn to win with his own power, like how he started to with his elemental training after the four-tailed incident and not rely on a "suit" (position / Kurama cloak).
And that was most likely me who brought up Naruto's "empathy" only towards others who were like bad foils of himself as I've brought it up several times here recently, lol. I mean, you notice that almost every antagonist or cynical person he tries hard to change with Talk no Jutsu is someone that Naruto could have potentially become if the circumstances weren't slightly different, but when it comes to virtually anyone else who isn't relatable to him on such a personal level, whether it was the main story (Madara, Kabuto, Orochimaru, etc.), anime original fillers (Raiga, for example), or (non-canon) movies (Koyuki, Toneri, etc.), Naruto doesn't try anywhere near as hard to change / help them.
The Raiga example, out of examples off the top of my head anyway, really stands out because that anime original filler also blatantly showed overlapping parallels between him and Ranmaru with Zabuza and Haku, complete with numerous flashbacks, and yet where Naruto poured out his heart and caused Zabuza to cry and admit how much he truly cared about Haku rather than try to kill Zabuza, Naruto didn't seem to have any qualms about just beating Raiga down, leading to Raiga's death by suicide with his own swords and freeing Ranmaru from him, showing that SP just completely ignored Naruto's empathetic nature and focused only on him seeming to be more about failing to save Haku, probably as a connection to failing to "save" Sasuke, which was reading things completely incorrectly..

And as I brought up before, Naruto (and others) show their hypocrisy when they seem to have no problem with Team 10, Shikamaru especially, seeking revenge on Kakuzu and Hidan for Asuma's death, and even actively assisting them in seeking them out and fighting them. And then you got Shikamaru being a hypocrite (again) when he talks about the cycle of revenge that would happen if Kumo were to hunt down and kill Sasuke. (Most of the rookies would want revenge on them for killing Sasuke, then Kumo would want revenge for them killing their shinobi, etc.)
What makes it worse is that, while not to say Asuma's death means nothing at all, it was NOTHING COMPARED to what Sasuke had lost. Asuma was a grown man, actively in the field, with a large bounty on his head, and in a profession where they are (or should have been) taught to EXPECT a good possibility of death, and was able to fight back and simply lost. The Uchiha Clan, while they may have been plotting the coup, had not yet been doing anything when Itachi (and "Madara") had begun slaughtering them; basically ambushing them, killing them in their homes and a number of them most likely in their beds, in their sleep, where they had NO chance of fighting back or at least defending themselves, and on top of that, you had Sasuke's mind screwed with by Itachi, who mocked him on top of showing the murder of their parents over and over again.
Yet, it's Sasuke's thirst for revenge that most felt needed to be tamped down whereas Shikamaru's thirst for revenge (to which he was even willing to defy direct orders not to pursue Kakuzu and Hidan, which, in the military dictatorship that makes up the shinobi world, could easily amount to sedition, if not treason) was just fine for most of those same people.

Actually doing a spiderman homecoming with Naruto would be awesome and who would tell him when he's hokage that he shouldn't be?

#446 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:45 AM

Yeah exactly its makes it unique XD.  I get that although I prefer the sub and would recommended it to anyone bc the VA's makes it that much more unique, the only downside is that its pretty hard to follow the subs bc they explain literary everything and it doesn't let you focus completely so sometimes you have to pause in order to read it  which is a drag, and its why I presume you wish it was dubbed!?  :sweat:.  

I liked to have anime dubbed because, really, why not? If I could have a copy of an anime that offered but dubbed and subbed and not just purely subbed, then I get more bang for my buck.

And honestly, unless the dubbing is really bad, it can also add it's own uniqueness to it. Look at my favorite anime One Punch Man and Overlord. The English dub is awesome and they even followed through with somethings like having Christopher Sabat voice the piccolo like enemy which the subbed one did the same with the VA for piccolo in DBZ.

People care too much for subbed in my opinion. "It has to be subbed, otherwise it is not the pure anime and turns it into kitten." Okay, but they dub American movies in Japanese all the time and including TV shows.This "otaku" mindset that it is either subbed or bust never got to me. I rather enjoy it and relax. People get too crazy over something so insignificant.

Of course, you do find rare times where the dub is actually better than the sub.

The next time people talk about "keeping it in Japanese because that is the true version." Tell them to play FF7 in Japanese and see what they say.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 December 2017 - 01:57 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#447 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

It's a case of being written in ignorance, not comprehending that ramifications or implications of the scene. And after a point, that's the Naruto series in a nutshell. Beneath the shonen exterior we have a bunch of messed up characters that would need various forms of psychiatric counseling at minimum, as this is a series built upon unhealthy relationships portrayed in a positive manner.

Hell, considering Boruto opened with some dude saying he would end the ninja world I can't help but feel that Naruto ultimately failed in his attempts at changing the system. It's still going on, creating suffering for others and we have some bloke coming out of nowhere to end it. It would even make you consider why aren't cheering for this guy rather that Boruto who seems to be about upholding the system (traditionalist Japanese social values aside). This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.

Just replace Ben with the disillusioned Naruto fanbase and soon to be Vader with Naruto. The lava is SP's and Boruto's continuing problems handling the series.

To us with logical minds, that start felt like it was setting Boruto up to actually end up being the enemy in the end.

Of course, after some BS crap pulled from the rear, SP will try to find some way to, once again, make this continued hypocrisy to the main story try to make sense, only to keep shooting themselves in the foot.

2e5.gif

#448 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Honestly I'll pay to see that or put them in an electric chair, they seriously need a massive reverse brainwashing and then some *sigh* .

Its a fact that Naruto failed in every single thing and it failed in the most miserable and pathetic way and there's nothing erasing or changing that, its continuation is like creating the spawn of the Satan destroying everything on its path whit absolutely no given fuks whatsoever that's how I feel   

Oh man I even visualized it!!! I wish this whole franchise falls into a lava pit and burns into ashes like it never even existed .

I liked to have anime dubbed because, really, why not? If I could have a copy of an anime that offered but dubbed and subbed and not just purely subbed, then I get more bang for my buck.

And honestly, unless the dubbing is really bad, it can also add it's own uniqueness to it. Look at my favorite anime One Punch Man and Overlord. The English dub is awesome and they even followed through with somethings like having Christopher Sabat voice the piccolo like enemy which the subbed one did the same with the VA for piccolo in DBZ.

People care too much for subbed in my opinion. "It has to be subbed, otherwise it is not the pure anime and turns it into kitten." Okay, but they dub American movies in Japanese all the time and including TV shows.This "otaku" mindset that it is either subbed or bust never got to me. I rather enjoy it and relax. People get too crazy over something so insignificant.

Of course, you do find rare times where the dub is actually better than the sub.

The next time people talk about "keeping it in Japanese because that is the true version." Tell them to play FF7 in Japanese and see what they say.

I get what you're saying but don't get me wrong I'm never of the opinion that sub is always better then dub when it comes to animation, its just a matter of preferences if the sub is better then the dub I'll watch it and likewise with the dub . For an example I like DBZ dub version more then the sub one and Rurouni Kenshin is one of the few where I liked both the sub and the dub version.

As for dubbed TV Shows I only have trauma from the Turkish series they do in here and its all over TV 24/7 sbAbnKz.gif

Also I forgot to mention that there is Gintama dub version but only of the 4th season if you want to watch it,

http://kissanime.ru/...intama-2015-Dub its good but in this case I prefer the sub more :sweat: . 

Edited by FireFox, 24 December 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

#449 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

I found some people mention a meaning behind Kishimoto having the confession scene during snowfall, and i think the first answer sums up the meaning of snowfall in Japan.

https://www.quora.co...tarting-to-fall

Vulnerable love, sentimentality, sadness, ending. In a sense, Naruto’s rejection and him saying she was lying could've ended his chance of getting with Sakura. Sakura’s alleged love for Naruto was in it's vulnerable stage, so to speak. The setting makes a bit of sense now.

#450 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Vulnerable love, sentimentality, sadness, ending. In a sense, Naruto’s rejection and him saying she was lying could've ended his chance of getting with Sakura. Sakura’s alleged love for Naruto was in it's vulnerable stage, so to speak. The setting makes a bit of sense now.

I don't know if he ruined his chances with Sakura, but he obviously hurt Sakura seeing as she rushed off to do something suicidal, feeling like she had no other options.

She had picked Naruto over Sasuke again just like she always did but Naruto never noticed. He admired her growth as a medic and kunoichi but didn't believe her when she said she had grown out of wanting to be with Sasuke? It's not really fair to her to make that kind of determination. Sakura certainly did believe that this was what was best for her. That much is clear, she wasn't only trying to protect Naruto. What kind of person is Naruto to tell her she has to stay true to feelings that she has for someone who is basically evil?

#451 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Ugh....it makes my head hurt. This is why I always said Sasuke is a product of the plot. He is whatever the plot needs him to be. This is especially evident when Sasuke had the perfect chance to take out Konoha to "make them pay" for what they did to his clan and it just so happens that Itachi comes out of nowhere and now Sasuke needs answers from him. Like, really? You had all the answers before. Obito told you exactly what the massacre was about and you knew the truth from even Danzo. So why all of a sudden do you need answers from Itachi and the Hokage when they basically said "Yes, Sasuke, you are justified in what you feel. You didn't fail the village, the village failed you" then all of a sudden he is like "Oh, well that is great. Now I can begin my plan to destry-I mean take over Konoha as Hokage and rule the world."

Why? Why would you need to do that Sasuke? Because the plot needed him to fight Naruto first. If Naruto wasn't there to protect the village, then the plot has to miraculously have Sasuke change his entire view until he comes face to face with Naruto despite the fact that he had a perfect and opportune chance to take out Konoha while the main force was away.

Sasuke ended being a plot object of convenience rather than a character.

As for Gintama....I really wish Ginatama was dubbed because I really like the series too. It is such a great anime. It's like if you mixed Bleach with One Punch Man all the while making fun of DBZ.

the funny thing is there is a dub of Gintama that's out on crunchyroll, but it's only from episode 266 to 316 those are the only episodes crunchyroll have licensed to, and the good news is that the first bluray of gintama comes out March 27. 

Here's the dub if you want to watch it: http://www.crunchyro...ect-time-729537

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#452 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

I found some people mention a meaning behind Kishimoto having the confession scene during snowfall, and i think the first answer sums up the meaning of snowfall in Japan.

I don't know if he ruined his chances with Sakura, but he obviously hurt Sakura seeing as she rushed off to do something suicidal, feeling like she had no other options.

She had picked Naruto over Sasuke again just like she always did but Naruto never noticed. He admired her growth as a medic and kunoichi but didn't believe her when she said she had grown out of wanting to be with Sasuke? It's not really fair to her to make that kind of determination. Sakura certainly did believe that this was what was best for her. That much is clear, she wasn't only trying to protect Naruto. What kind of person is Naruto to tell her she has to stay true to feelings that she has for someone who is basically evil?

I think its more complicated than that its not so simple, there's a reason why we say that the writing and the set up is confusing as fuk and we can barely make any sense of it .  Naruto and Sakura both hurt  each other I'm not excusing anyone in here, Naruto for the obvious reasons you've stated but Sakura's actions are confusing as fuk too. She obviously still loved Sasuke but she lied to Naruto about it saying she doesn't love him anymore (she wasn't honest about this part), but then we are getting told that she knew Naruto wouldn't accept abandoning Sasuke and she was prepared to kill him and herself in the process. You see its writing like this that makes her look like she was just trying to manipulate him but still her actions didn't make any sense at all,  a confession wasn't needed in the first place in that way to bring Naruto back to the village bc she still didn't had her feelings sorted out she could have just told Naruto that she cared more about him then Sasuke which at that time was absolutely true, and if Naruto accepted her confession under those circumstances it would still be a bad writing bc it would be forced. What I'm trying to say is looking at this objectively is that the writing doesn't correlate with their actions and its why this arc and this scene is such a clusterfuk no matter how you look at it literary it doesn't make any sense .  

And here we come to the part about the meaning of the snowfall in Japan and if it correlates with the confession scene. You can interpret this in so many ways for one it can mean that Sakura's vulnerable love for Sasuke in slowly changing/ending bc the circumstances of the confession itself also includes Sasuke and how he hurts her that's one thing  the other thing is bc Sakura is in her vulnerable state she lowers her shield toward Naruto releases her feelings she wants his love his comfort someone she can trust not to hurt her, here I'll even put up a quote here "True love is about vulnerability, allowing someone to see that you want and need them in your life, and trusting them not to hurt you" . I can go on on in so many ways but here's the thing it doesn't really matter and here's why . For one if we to believe what Kishimoto says at that time (I don't trust this fuk at all but anyways) that he wanted to show Sakura as an honest girl so from that scene we get that Sakura wasn't honest only about her not loving Sasuke. Second thing again Kishimoto's words that Sakura still loves Sasuke but Naruto is close which means that Sakura indeed has feelings for Naruto. And third of all Naruto when asked by Sakura he never ever denied that he doesn't love he was only surprised by her sudden confession as he put it. So taking all of this into consideration even with the confession turning out like it did can we really say it ended NS for good!? As written it did NOT! Why? Bc the narrative was leading toward NS and it was heavily implemented in the story, and we were still given NS scenes which can not in any way be considered as "red herrings" from a written pov it makes no sense whatsoever despite the constant paring bait which ruined the story in the end. You can say however that its from this event that the story took a wrong turn and the writing declined immensely in other words it turned to s*hit bc the author simply didn't care anymore and he sold out to the fanbase. So you see its complicated as fuk and I still can't make out for sure just wtf he was thinking creating this bs bc the writing was all over the place as the events and the characters actions didn't make any sense at all, it was just a major clusterfuk .               

Posted Image                                                            

#453 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

"True love is about vulnerability, allowing someone to see that you want and need them in your life, and trusting them not to hurt you"

Yeah, it would probably have helped if Naruto actually showed some vulnerability on his part towards Sakura. But he saves those kinds of moments to use on behalf of Sasuke.

He's always trying to save everyone and do everything by himself. How is Sakura supposed to fall in love with him if he's so strong that he doesn't need her?

I mean, it's not like Sasuke did that either, but SS "works" under a different dynamic. Which obviously has nothing to do with true love.

Edited by DrK, 24 December 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#454 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Honestly I'll pay to see that or put them in an electric chair, they seriously need a massive reverse brainwashing and then some *sigh* .

Its a fact that Naruto failed in every single thing and it failed in the most miserable and pathetic way and there's nothing erasing or changing that, its continuation is like creating the spawn of the Satan destroying everything on its path whit absolutely no given fuks whatsoever that's how I feel   

Oh man I even visualized it!!! I wish this whole franchise falls into a lava pit and burns into ashes like it never even existed .

I get what you're saying but don't get me wrong I'm never of the opinion that sub is always better then dub when it comes to animation, its just a matter of preferences if the sub is better then the dub I'll watch it and likewise with the dub . For an example I like DBZ dub version more then the sub one and Rurouni Kenshin is one of the few where I liked both the sub and the dub version.

As for dubbed TV Shows I only have trauma from the Turkish series they do in here and its all over TV 24/7 sbAbnKz.gif

Also I forgot to mention that there is Gintama dub version but only of the 4th season if you want to watch it,

http://kissanime.ru/...intama-2015-Dub its good but in this case I prefer the sub more :sweat: . 

And that is fine. Preference is one thing, but when you got people that what some might refer to as "purest," well, it gets annoying. "It has to be in Japanese, otherwise it is a bad anime." Well, what if the characters in the show are not of Japanese ethnicity? How many think Attack of Titan, a manga/anime that takes place in Europe with specifically only two characters actually being Asian, is better if they were Japanese and not actual European?

It's a very similar argument when people complain of "whitewashing" in Japanese stories. "Well, the story was written in Japan so all characters are Japanese." That is not necessarily true. There are many anime that take place on psuedo world's that are not even close to Japanese today, some specifically say they are frorm America, and some are Aliens that really can be played by anyone. Just because it is written by a Japanese mangaka does not mean the characters necessarily are Japanese. This kind of logic is just downright stupid. Imagine if a mangka made a story that took place in Africa and not one black person is drawn. Is that okay or culturally incorrect? So are you going to have Africans being played by Japanese people because "it was written by a Japanese person." Like with the live-action Attack on Titan movie vs Ghost in the Shell movie. Everyone kittened that they made the Major white calling it White-washing (even though all the other characters were the "correct" ethnicity), but when the Japanese made Attack on Titan and only used Japanese characters despite the story not being in Japan, they said it is okay. Even the Japanese had problems with that saying that they wish they got Europeons to play the cats members. I also find it funny when the director said they he wanted it to be correct, but didn;t have the budget to get ethnically correct actors in to play the characters and the people said "That makes sense. They have a limited budget after all," but then say that Hollywood should have a big enough budget to fly in Japanese actors for the Ghost in the Shell movie to play the Major. Like....double standards much?

Anyway, sorry, I went on rant there. It just gets to me that people can't just be happy with anything nowadays and everyone is crying racism or sexism every chance they get. Keeping in mind this is only happening in America. Outside of America or even outside of these white "SJWs" noone cares. It's sad because Ghost in the Shell was an amazing movie with great effects and a great story, but these people complain that becuase it isn't EXACTLY like the anime/manga to a T and because the main character is played by Scarlett Johansan, they say the movie bad and it gets a bad rep.

One of my best friends, who is a HUGE GitS fan like...religiously,....loved it and thought it was great. How much story can you fit in like 2 hours? Sorry, ranting again. I guess I am just saying that the difference between dub and sub to me is just by a series by series basis. If an anime is bad, it doesn't matter if it is dub or sub. The Naruto anime is horrible in both and I find both voices just downright degrading. Not even because the voices suck either, but because the script is just awful and even great VAs can sound dumb when saying it.

When it comes to Gintama, I hope it doesn't disappoint in the dub.  I love the Japanese sub, but I want to see if they can nail the English dub and create that same feel.

the funny thing is there is a dub of Gintama that's out on crunchyroll, but it's only from episode 266 to 316 those are the only episodes crunchyroll have licensed to, and the good news is that the first bluray of gintama comes out March 27.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll have to buy it when it comes out.

It's great that you mention this because it proves even more how ham-fisted and downright cliche the Naruto the Last movie is. We talked about this with Analyzer and she was saying like we shouldn't expect "ham-fisted" moments because this is not a romance manga, but has no problems with all the ham-kittening in Naruto the Last with the scarf being that cliche metaphor, the snow now apparently being vulnerable, the "childhood friends to lovers," the "power of love" attack that they made, and et cetera.

The difference between a trope and cliche to me is is a trope is when a scene is done well, but if it is done wrong it is a cliche. It's not what you do, it is how you do it.

The fact that Naruto the Last ham-fisted like every little thing to "push" the true love message in such a in your face "TURE LURVE" cliches that any weaksauce love story can pull off to me shows just how low and pathetic this story really is.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#455 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, it would probably have helped if Naruto actually showed some vulnerability on his part towards Sakura. But he saves those kinds of moments to use on behalf of Sasuke.

He's always trying to save everyone and do everything by himself. How is Sakura supposed to fall in love with him if he's so strong that he doesn't need her?

I mean, it's not like Sasuke did that either, but SS "works" under a different dynamic. Which obviously has nothing to do with true love.

LOL True!!! Sasuke is also the the Main Heroine didn't you know?!  :zaru: .  

I somewhat agree but Its not much of a matter of how strong you are "insert Yamato's line" but a matter of sharing your feelings it goes both ways, I always say that this is the downside of NS bc they cared to much about each other protecting each other's feelings that they are afraid of sharing them and that in the end it hurts them bc they suffer and do stupid things, if the confession was played differently/rationally it could have worked. The confession was so confusing that he had to explain it in an fuking interview bc even the people around him didn't understand wtf was going on. I'm still of the opinion if NS were the happened they first needed a serious and open discussion or a confession but it never got to that point bc well we know how that turned out to be. 

Yeah I stab you, you love me more such a wonderful dynamic  :smug: .    

Posted Image                                                            

#456 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

tumblr_inline_oreguzJsOr1r28zjn_540.gif

The thing that makes me hate female in the manga is , the author wants the reader to see how smart they are by doing stuff , but when it comes to feelings they become very stupid. The best medic in the world can't solve the riddle of her heart .... how funny is that??. I mean i don't know a lot of woman but is this normal in the real world ?? does woman behave/act/think like this ??

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#457 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

tumblr_inline_oreguzJsOr1r28zjn_540.gif

The thing that makes me hate female in the manga is , the author wants the reader to see how smart they are by doing stuff , but when it comes to feelings they become very stupid. The best medic in the world can't solve the riddle of her heart .... how funny is that??. I mean i don't know a lot of woman but is this normal in the real world ?? does woman behave/act/think like this ??

It's very similar to how I hate the males in this series too. The author wants to see the men be emotional and understand pain, lose, gain, appreciation, comradery, and connections, but when it comes to matters of the heart they all of a sudden have no clue and are like "What is "Love?" Can you eat it?" The man can solve everyone else's relationships can and friendships, but when it comes to their own they all of a sudden they can't figure it out. At least I lamshade myself at times especially when I was single. "Man, I can get everyone else their soul mate, but I can't find mine."

I can't speak for women, but I feel I can speak for men when I say...we are not that stupid. We are simple and we keep it simple, but we are not that stupid.

We don't just instantly change our minds on love at the drop of a hat because a girl says "I love you" to us. Especially if we don't know them or don't care about them. In fact, if a girl was so stalkerish because she said she loves me, we probably would find it creepy. In truth, we want real women and not posers or women who love us for our money or recognition.Most men love women who see them for them. Some are shallow, yes, but some females can be too. I am talking about the average joe though. We just want someone who loves and put up with our faults because they see something better. No nagging on the bad things and telling us to change because she wants us to be better and not because it would be better for us.

As for the behavior...yeah, it starts out like this, but when people start to get rejected or ignored despite what their feelings are, they tend to grow up. I had some high school crushes, but I grew up from them and found better people to be with. I even got better friends because of it too. The problem is not how they started, the problem is the stagnantion. The fact that they learn nothing and continue to believe in something that is not true. If any man treats a woman like how Sasuke treated Sakura for all those years, she would eventually move on from him realizing that what she thought she wanted or saw is not what the reality is. Look at Toradora and how Taiga is despicted. She wanted to love this one guy, but realized that not only does he not feel the same way, but maybe her real feelings are for the real guy who loved her for being her and not some primpy princess like she tried acting to be.

People hate posers.

NaruHina is not an example of abuse like SS is, but rather a example of "settlement." Usually in those kinds of relationships, they are just not compatible. They can be good to each other all they want, but when it never feels like they truly connect or they seem like a round peg in a square hole....it doesn't tend to work out. This is especially true when Hinata is never depicted as putting Naruto first over herself. I mean, some people say she does, but she says she does something because "she wants Naruto to be happy." Hinata specifically says she does things because she wants Naruto to notice her. "I am just being selfish because I hope Naruto notices me" and he doesn't. He doesn't notice her at all. This is why he had to be told he loved Hinata and not actually feel it himself. I keep bringing back to the one scene in Naruto the Last.

"Naruto, you should ask HInata if you could walk her home."
"Why?"

Like what Wade Wilson says: "Your crazy matches my crazy" and that is what it really should be about.

I want to bring up Love Hina in which Keitaro thinks that he promised to be with Mutsumi, but in reality he loves Narusegawa. The genius behind this scene is he is too preoccupied with keeping this "promise" that he forgets his own heart in what he tells him. Eventually, he realizes that the promise doesn't mean anything if his heart is not in it. If he loves Naru and she loves him regardless of faults, then the promise is meaningless. He says sorry to Mutsumi for breaking his promise, but she says to him that "If you truly love her and she loves you, never let her go."

I think this is why the POAL was so powerful when Naruto made it. It wasn't just a simple promise out of wanting to be noticed, he did it because he wanted to see Sakura happy and to smile...no matter if it caused him pain and sadness. I guess you really have to be in love to truly understand it, but if you love someone that much...it makes you smile just to see them smile. The problem is accepting the truth that she may love you back which is sometimes hard, but again the problem could easily be solved if Sakura kept to her guns and expressed being with Naruto rather than Sasuke. Instead, she was brainwashed into being back with Sasuke despite all the red flags and the obvious "I don't love you" signs.

It is funny how men are told to let go of women if the girl doesn't love them, but apparently women should never give up on their first love no matter what. Men have feelings too that are just as real. It is not fake or trivial. I never seen a man fight over a girl because he was rivals with another guy and not because he love the girl. That is downright stupid and insulting. Men's emotions are not that trivial. We may be closeted emotionally, but does not mean our emotions are fake or some kind of competition.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#458 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

And that is fine. Preference is one thing, but when you got people that what some might refer to as "purest," well, it gets annoying. "It has to be in Japanese, otherwise it is a bad anime." Well, what if the characters in the show are not of Japanese ethnicity? How many think Attack of Titan, a manga/anime that takes place in Europe with specifically only two characters actually being Asian, is better if they were Japanese and not actual European?

It's a very similar argument when people complain of "whitewashing" in Japanese stories. "Well, the story was written in Japan so all characters are Japanese." That is not necessarily true. There are many anime that take place on psuedo world's that are not even close to Japanese today, some specifically say they are frorm America, and some are Aliens that really can be played by anyone. Just because it is written by a Japanese mangaka does not mean the characters necessarily are Japanese. This kind of logic is just downright stupid. Imagine if a mangka made a story that took place in Africa and not one black person is drawn. Is that okay or culturally incorrect? So are you going to have Africans being played by Japanese people because "it was written by a Japanese person." Like with the live-action Attack on Titan movie vs Ghost in the Shell movie. Everyone kittened that they made the Major white calling it White-washing (even though all the other characters were the "correct" ethnicity), but when the Japanese made Attack on Titan and only used Japanese characters despite the story not being in Japan, they said it is okay. Even the Japanese had problems with that saying that they wish they got Europeons to play the cats members. I also find it funny when the director said they he wanted it to be correct, but didn;t have the budget to get ethnically correct actors in to play the characters and the people said "That makes sense. They have a limited budget after all," but then say that Hollywood should have a big enough budget to fly in Japanese actors for the Ghost in the Shell movie to play the Major. Like....double standards much?

Anyway, sorry, I went on rant there. It just gets to me that people can't just be happy with anything nowadays and everyone is crying racism or sexism every chance they get. Keeping in mind this is only happening in America. Outside of America or even outside of these white "SJWs" noone cares. It's sad because Ghost in the Shell was an amazing movie with great effects and a great story, but these people complain that becuase it isn't EXACTLY like the anime/manga to a T and because the main character is played by Scarlett Johansan, they say the movie bad and it gets a bad rep.

One of my best friends, who is a HUGE GitS fan like...religiously,....loved it and thought it was great. How much story can you fit in like 2 hours? Sorry, ranting again. I guess I am just saying that the difference between dub and sub to me is just by a series by series basis. If an anime is bad, it doesn't matter if it is dub or sub. The Naruto anime is horrible in both and I find both voices just downright degrading. Not even because the voices suck either, but because the script is just awful and even great VAs can sound dumb when saying it.

When it comes to Gintama, I hope it doesn't disappoint in the dub.  I love the Japanese sub, but I want to see if they can nail the English dub and create that same feel.

No worries I'll keep it short XD.

I perfectly understand what you mean I can't understand those arguments either, what's the point those things are trivial what matters is the quality whether it delivers or not, people sometimes have the standard bar to much raised that's impossible to satisfy them no matter what  its ridiculous. 

You're joking people are betching about the Ghost in the Shell bc of that seriously?!! FUKING HELL!!! I loved the movie WTF the quality and the story were top notch I really enjoyed it, those complaints aren't even necessary they're borderline stupid they are only damaging the rating bc of stupid shallow reasons, and I was even wondering why the rating was so low but I would have never ever guessed its bc of this jfc!!!  :facepalm: .  

Unfortunately I know what you mean I do Politics and I'm from the Balkan where the situation is always tensed so from experience I can tell you only one thing, people in general will never be happy or satisfied no matter what you do even when things are good or issues are being resolved they'll always find a reason to complain for one thing or the other, its becomes a way of habit in order to escape from the daily lives that much I can tell you for sure.    

Posted Image                                                            

#459 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

I think this is why the POAL was so powerful when Naruto made it. It wasn't just a simple promise out of wanting to be noticed, he did it because he wanted to see Sakura happy and to smile...no matter if it caused him pain and sadness. I guess you really have to be in love to truly understand it, but if you love someone that much...it makes you smile just to see them smile. The problem is accepting the truth that she may love you back which is sometimes hard, but again the problem could easily be solved if Sakura kept to her guns and expressed being with Naruto rather than Sasuke. Instead, she was brainwashed into being back with Sasuke despite all the red flags and the obvious "I don't love you" signs.

Do you think Naruto, considering what happens in 693 would not have confessed to Sakura, then? Since she reaffirmed that she loves Sasuke before he tortured her into unconsciousness? Because I still think he would have. Like he loved her in spite of her loving Sasuke, right?

Honestly, even if Naruto didn't say anything about it, Sakura would have. Because Sakura obviously knew about why he made that promise from Sai.

The scene in the Last doesn't do anything for anyone. Naruto no longer loves Sakura there, he loves Hinata, and the promise isn't mentioned. Nor does Naruto say ANYTHING of significance about how he felt for Sakura, other than letting her claim that it was fake stand. God, it's pathetic.

#460 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

The fact that none of them , none of them told Sakura , "Hey are you serious , do you really want to married a guy like that?" , not even kakashi or yamato , not even tsunade , they are all kittened up people. I don't give a damn about my student especially that they already have that experience , you know tsunade with orochimaru and jiraya , kakashi with rin and obito , none of them try to give her some valuable advice .... this makes the entire manga in a bad dark light to me .... isnt BONDS what Kishi try to reminds people ?

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users