54175 replies to this topic

#48361 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

I mean, Kishimoto is Naruto and his wife is Sakura. So the NS interaction served as a way to tell his wife that even though he spends all his time drawing a manga, he still loves her. Commitment only goes so far, I guess.

#48362 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

The best idea would've been this: immediately after the Pain arc, he should've declared "HIATUS!!!" so he should spent time with his family and develop a much more clever ideas to continue the franchise instead of the BS we had right now. Willing the bet everyone would've been salty though (oh well, oh hell for them). One thing I think that may be not a good idea would be Pierrot would be all over the place if they let their Hinata biased workers in full reign with the anime. (And RtN wouldn't be conceived).

That's why I sometimes like to think that the story was put on indefinite hiatus ranging from the end of the Pein Arc to as early as after part one, with part two never happening (yet).

2e5.gif

#48363 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

Maybe they could have lured us into BoruSara if he hadn't thrown the entire series into the garbage with pairings. The show would still be god awful, but I'm sure some people would watch it. We'll never know now, though.

#48364 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

Today at FYE, I was looking at action figures, they had Naruto and DBZ characters. Only the DBZ characters had Goku and Gohan among others while Naruto only had Sakura action figures. Not Naruto, not Sasuke and not even Hinata.

What is FYE?

Not sure Tite Kubo is married but Orihime was mentioned as the love interest for Ichigo ever since the conception of Bleach. Something of a statement saying while Rukia is the main female, Orihime is the love interest/heroine (or something like that).

Besides collectible figurines and plush, Hinata hardly ever sold as merchandise (and I mean stuff like posters, t-shirts, keychains, etc). Besides the main cast, you will see Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Gaara, the Sannin, Iruka, Minato, "mascots" like Pakkun and the toads and Akatsuki members (primarily Itachi, Deidara, and Sasori). Another reason why I'm questioning to this day how fans claimed Hinata's a popular character when in reality, she really wasn't in the public eye to legit those claims.

From what I understand the main product she sold was love pillows. As for why they assumed Hinata was popular? Her vocal fanbase particularly the youtube reviewers who were considered the face of the US Naruto fanbase. They clearly know about online pirating. Now as for why they didn't look at what figures were selling to see who the fans like, cognitive dissonance maybe? Also remember they wanted Naruto to return to the glory days when it was their big international seller that even surpassed One Piece. The real answer was to restore Naruto to prime time in the US. But the SP's Hinata fantic hoped that if they gave the fan nH they would come back in droves to support the series restoring it to its prime. Sadly they never listen to the proverbs about giving someone something they have not earned. Leading to where we all are now. To the point that several series have long since replaced it, and even Dragonball is probably more know to kids due to Xenoverse Fighterz, and teamfourstars then Boruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 February 2018 - 12:36 AM.

#48365 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Bail is better at explaining this than I am, but basically they, SP and editors or whoever else, wanted this western market who all liked Hinata. They thought they would make so much more profit that way. But almost everyone over here just read the manga and watched the anime online. So they made a profit-oriented decision to appeal to people who were never going to spend a cent regardless of what they did. It seems so insanely idiotic. But I blame Kishi. It was his creation. He should have cared about Sakura. She was supposed to be somewhat based on his wife. He should have had the temerity to stick by her the way Kubo did with Orihime, who I doubt was based on Kubo's wife. Is Kubo even married? Either way, it's pathetic.

They hoped by giving them what they wanted they would financially support the series. Sadly, they have clearly never interacted with an American Millennial. I pity Kishimoto at this point more then hate him.

That's weird considering I don't ever remember knowing anyone who was a huge fan of Hinata and I knew a bunch of people who liked Naruto.

People who liked Hinata where not the type of people a normal person would normally like to associate themselves with. Not help they were so fanatically crazy about her. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 March 2018 - 12:25 AM.

#48366 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

What is FYE?

From what I understand the main product she sold was love pillows. As for why they assumed Hinata was popular? Her vocal fanbase particularly the youtube reviewers who were considered the face of the US Naruto fanbase. They clearly know about online pirating. Now as for why they didn't look at what figures were selling to see who the fans like, cognitive dissonance maybe? Also remember they wanted Naruto to return to the glory days when it was their big international seller that even surpassed One Piece. The real answer was to restore Naruto to prime time in the US. But the SP's Hinata fantic hoped that if they gave the fan nH they would come back in droves to support the series restoring it to its prime. Sadly they never listen to the proverbs about giving someone something they have not earned. Leading to where we all are now. To the point that several series have long since replaced it, and even Dragonball is probably more know to kiss due to Xenoverse Fighterz, and teamfourstars then Boruto.

https://www.google.c...sQ0QwIIw&adurl=

509356167_759751.gif?4

#48367 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:07 AM

Maybe they could have lured us into BoruSara if he hadn't thrown the entire series into the garbage with pairings. The show would still be god awful, but I'm sure some people would watch it. We'll never know now, though.

I've always said that you could still have Boruto and Sarada even if it was a NS and SK ending. 

#48368 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

I've always said that you could still have Boruto and Sarada even if it was a NS and SK ending.

Yeah, Sarada was supposed to be an SK child. I was talking to a guy about that on ffn. She looks like Karin and wears glasses because she was supposed to be related to Karin. Transparent as hell.

Hell, she might be related to Karin anyway. Because she could not have possibly been conceived in 3.5 minutes. 

They hoped by giving them what they wanted they would financially support the series. Sadly, they have clearly never interacted with an American Millennial. I pity Kishimoto at this point more then hate him.

I guess I feel the same. I would feel incredibly bad about it if I was him. It would be bad enough to sell out the artistic and emotional value of your creation for popularity, but to find out that there was no reason to do it, that you actually got nothing for doing so, that you actually made it LESS successful by doing so? That would be the absolute worst. It would be hard to even accept that. Even if he didn't give a kitten about the characters, it would be hard. Because he spent 15 years. The quality of it reflects on him.

Edited by DrK, 27 February 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#48369 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:23 AM

That's weird considering I don't ever remember knowing anyone who was a huge fan of Hinata and I knew a bunch of people who liked Naruto.

It's always kind of hard judging reception solely from it's online fanbase. Just look at what happened with Jojo. It was big online and people knew the memes, but it has done horribly on Toonami after being heavily requested with an extremely negative reaction.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#48370 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

From what I understand the main product she sold was love pillows. As for why they assumed Hinata was popular? Her vocal fanbase particularly the youtube reviewers who were considered the face of the US Naruto fanbase. They clearly know about online pirating. Now as for why they didn't look at what figures were selling to see who the fans like, cognitive dissonance maybe? Also remember they wanted Naruto to return to the glory days when it was their big international seller that even surpassed One Piece. The real answer was to restore Naruto to prime time in the US. But the SP's Hinata fantic hoped that if they gave the fan nH they would come back in droves to support the series restoring it to its prime. Sadly they never listen to the proverbs about giving someone something they have not earned. Leading to where we all are now. To the point that several series have long since replaced it, and even Dragonball is probably more know to kids due to Xenoverse Fighterz, and teamfourstars then Boruto.

On bold: Not at this time period. If that was the case, ALL anime should had been prime time and accessible for viewership, regarding franchise like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Black Clover, etc. With the higher ups now at days in channels such as Cartoon Network, they're on the mindset of anime=niche and worry about shows that wants to make money and ratings. You see why everyone can't stand Teen Titans Go! by forcing it down at everyone's throats but then certain shows like Sonic Boom which was getting awards but highly ignored because they put it at the worst time slot. Hell, Pokemon was on Cartoon Network for years until they lost it to Disney when Sun & Moon dub came out because it was also on a bad time slot. You had to see why we finally got Toonami back after many years because of CEOs and higher ups are in the anime=niche mindset.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48371 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

I guess I feel the same. I would feel incredibly bad about it if I was him. It would be bad enough to sell out the artistic and emotional value of your creation for popularity, but to find out that there was no reason to do it, that you actually got nothing for doing so, that you actually made it LESS successful by doing so? That would be the absolute worst. It would be hard to even accept that. Even if he didn't give a kitten about the characters, it would be hard. Because he spent 15 years. The quality of it reflects on him.

So true, DrK.

On bold: Not at this time period. If that was the case, ALL anime should had been prime time and accessible for viewership, regarding franchise like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Black Clover, etc. With the higher ups now at days in channels such as Cartoon Network, they're on the mindset of anime=niche and worry about shows that wants to make money and ratings. You see why everyone can't stand Teen Titans Go! by forcing it down at everyone's throats but then certain shows like Sonic Boom which was getting awards but highly ignored because they put it at the worst time slot. Hell, Pokemon was on Cartoon Network for years until they lost it to Disney when Sun & Moon dub came out because it was also on a bad time slot. You had to see why we finally got Toonami back after many years because of CEOs and higher ups are in the anime=niche mindset.

No kidding, Derock, and it also is NOT a good way to run a business. It's like the stuff that's been done with all sorts of anime and manga without thinking about how to best do them in the US, as well as stupid moves done now and then by people in Japan involved in them, and how we got the hot mess Naruto wound up being.

#48372 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

Superman just needs hurl the Narutoverse into the sun.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#48373 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:32 AM

What is FYE?

I for one think that they want to repeat the success of Naruto with Boruto. The first thing in their mind was to analyze how Naruto start , Naruto was like 12-15 years manga so many of the fans that has been following it is now grow up / older , they grow up with the manga. After the ending the know they didn't get what they were expecting , the west fan is all talk but not give and they piss off the one that has been supporting the manga with real money. So in their mind it's gonna be hard to earn those old fans trust back. So what they gonna do?? now they aim at the kids. It's bit hard for me to explain this with word but bottom line all i want to say is they want to make fans think the same thing about Naruto :"I feel so closed with Naruto manga/anime because i grow with it". So they want the today kids that watch Boruto to say that word 5-10 years latter about Boruto.

Even i feel something not right when i watch Boruto it's like walking in a toy store for kids. All they did was just show how good the flashy move the fights the battle , then the card games , then those high tech weapon , and then mitsuki going super saiyan ... i mean sage mode with that cool looking aura with all the good graphics. But the story ???? they all F-ed , bland , empty. They realize they won't be able to win the old fan trust back or whatever , so they trying to establish foothold in kids heart. Maybe it's just my imaginations and i might be wrong but for now that's just how i feel , everything about Boruto is too childish and bland.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#48374 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:44 AM

It's always kind of hard judging reception solely from it's online fanbase. Just look at what happened with Jojo. It was big online and people knew the memes, but it has done horribly on Toonami after being heavily requested with an extremely negative reaction.

Wait. Jojo was on Toonami? I didn't even hear about it. The thing about Jojo was that if it was brought to the states it was always going to be a niche series. When you have a niche series in a hobby that has become increasingly niche. That not good.

The people in charge of Cartoon Network don't know what they are doing, and likely haven't since they lost that one guy that was a huge supporter of anime. But they are the only one of the cartoon focus channels that are still around that actually have had success with anime. The thing is that for the Naruto franchise they desperately needed to remain on Cartoon Network at a watchable time no matter what. When that didn't happen. sale decline.

What do kids even watch these days?

I for one think that they want to repeat the success of Naruto with Boruto. The first thing in their mind was to analyze how Naruto start , Naruto was like 12-15 years manga so many of the fans that has been following it is now grow up / older , they grow up with the manga. After the ending the know they didn't get what they were expecting , the west fan is all talk but not give and they piss off the one that has been supporting the manga with real money. So in their mind it's gonna be hard to earn those old fans trust back. So what they gonna do?? now they aim at the kids. It's bit hard for me to explain this with word but bottom line all i want to say is they want to make fans think the same thing about Naruto :"I feel so closed with Naruto manga/anime because i grow with it". So they want the today kids that watch Boruto to say that word 5-10 years latter about Boruto.

Even i feel something not right when i watch Boruto it's like walking in a toy store for kids. All they did was just show how good the flashy move the fights the battle , then the card games , then those high tech weapon , and then mitsuki going super saiyan ... i mean sage mode with that cool looking aura with all the good graphics. But the story ???? they all F-ed , bland , empty. They realize they won't be able to win the old fan trust back or whatever , so they trying to establish foothold in kids heart. Maybe it's just my imaginations and i might be wrong but for now that's just how i feel , everything about Boruto is too childish and bland.

They want to repeat it the problem is Bolt is not as likable as Naruto was, even when Naruto was a brat.

As for the story being that bland garbage. Kishimoto, and probably most of the good writers that used to work on Naruto don't care anymore. So instead we have this group focus committee corporate bland slush targeted at the younger kids, while some time they add in something to try to appeal to the older fans. 

#48375 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

"I feel so closed with Naruto manga/anime because i grow with it". So they want the today kids that watch Boruto to say that word 5-10 years latter about Boruto.

That kind of thing is lightning in a bottle. It's not the domain of shows that are trying to avoid getting cancelled.

#48376 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

The thing is that Toonami is now having to compete with digital media such as Hulu and Crunchyroll. Add in to the fact that many anime fans will choose a sub over dub and that makes it even harder for them. I think anime on broadcast television is dead. Why try to watch a show once a week at a time that may or may not be convenient for you, when you can watch the said series on a digital platform anytime you want? Add to the fact CN is run by idiots who are possessed to push their worst forward (of course TTG would do well if that's all you show!) I think most of the older viewers had it with them when they gave Young Justice and Thundercats the axe.

If the reason we got the ending was did was because of "international" appeal, they really didn't think it through. They should have looked at the numbers of the merchandise. In the US, a manga is considered to be doing very well if it sells over 20k, but in Japan that would be considered a failure. Not to mention how much gross profit the movies turn out. It's so stupid if the reason was for selling out to foreign markets; the Japanese market has consistently produced the most money for them. Plus they were only looking at the US. What about Canada? The Philippines? Russia? Naruto may have been the most popular anime abroad overall, but we don't get specifics of where it sells best. Just because a random youtuber has a lot of subscribers and has a shelf full of manga doesn't mean the people watching that person have the same collection. 300k may sound like a lot, but in the US that's not a lot of people (you would find more in any of our major cities), and just because they have a lot of people listening to their opinions doesn't mean they all agree with said person. They should have looked at the hard numbers by country. The international market overall may have given them more money, but I bet if you broke down the countries individually, Japan would still come out on top.

If the Hinata love pillows thing is true, than they are really stupid for appealing to that market. Somehow Hinata is this sex symbol. Okay, fine. How many times has she gotten naked in the manga? The closest I'm aware of is that filler scene, and her body was blacked out. Most of those people probably don't buy anything else Naruto related. The only way you could is maybe suddenly shifting the content of Naruto from a typical shonen to Shinmai Maou no Testament levels (I can be a sad man at times), but there is no way in hell even Sheshua would go that far. 

#48377 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, I think another one of my problems is that it felt Rukia only ended up with Renji because Ichigo was taken.

Possibly but rukia married Renji before ichigo married orihime, though why ichigo missed rukia becoming captain was kind of a kitten move.

I lol'd so hard when I found out that Kishimoto's wife HATED the ending and end pairings. I heard that Sakura is based off of her. 
Talking about characters based off of wives. I heard Oda based Nami off of his wife. I wonder what he will do with her. One Piece doesn't have anywhere near the romance that Naruto or Bleach does, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were end pairings. As long as Nami doesn't end up with Sanji, I'm good.

At least oda knows how he's going to end one piece whatever that happends and who's his story inside and outside unlike kishi, oda I heard set up haki bsck in the first chapter with shanks losing his arm.

#48378 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

Actually then it'd be shina and Sarada if naruto was with sakura.

#48379 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Possibly but rukia married Renji before ichigo married orihime, though why ichigo missed rukia becoming captain was kind of a kitten move.

At least oda knows how he's going to end one piece whatever that happends and who's his story inside and outside unlike kishi, oda I heard set up haki bsck in the first chapter with shanks losing his arm.

Yeah, the ending for Bleach was pretty bad. The fact Ichigo wasn't there for some a huge moment really pissed me off. We also don't know what happened to a lot of characters like Yoruichi and Urahara.

Yeah, Of the 3, I always thought that Oda has things planned out a lot better than the other 2.

#48380 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Remember the Hinata alarm clocks they made from Naruto the Last that just didn't sell? The Japan fanbase said that they were all just sitting on shelves gathering dust and hardly any, if at all, were buying them. Who would want to wake up to an alarm of "Naruto-kun?" Not even the NH fandom wants that either.

It's funny how they thought the NH fandom was going to buy anything with Hinata on it only for them to not buy everything with HInata on it.

They overestimated the NH fandom love for Hinata. They will defend her to the end of the earth, but won't buy anything with her "goddess face" on it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 February 2018 - 05:51 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users