Close
Photo

Bizarre common phobias

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hey guys! I came across a youtube video the other day of peculiar but common phobias humans tend to have. 

Here's an article on it:

http://list25.com/th...you-could-have/

So do any of you have a phobia of this sort? What is it like? I have trypophobia and it is not fun. I remember I had this homework assignment one night I had to draw a seed pod and I had to write out a deep legnthy explanation to my teacher on why I couldn't draw or even look at a picture of seed pods.  :pinch:

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

#2 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

I don't share this often but I do have a phobia, however I have never been able to find a name for it. I have a terrifying fear of Olympic swimming pool lines. Yup you heard me right those black t shaped lines in swimming pools caused me to have panic attacks. I'm much better at controlling myself now that I'm older and thanks to my husband, but before I met him I couldn't be in swimming pools that had them, heck i couldn't even walk by pools that had them, it was that bad.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#3 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

I have 

1. arachnophobia

2. shower-specific ablutophobia (yep, I only take baths)

3. achluophobia

4. astrophobia

5. fear of privacy invasion, which apparently doesn't have an official scientific name

Can you tell I have an anxiety disorder?

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#4 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

I have a myxophobia and entomophobia. 

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#5 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Trypophobia isn't actual that uncommon. A friend of mine has it, and she basically described it the same way you did.

Phobias... Not any permanent ones. The truth is, I'm pretty social, and I can be pretty loud and out there, but I think might have a problem with public speaking. It's not like me, but sometimes it's a little hard for me to have people stare at me expectantly. Which is weird because I'm usually fine with it. But when I'm giving a speech or a presentation I get a little fidgety xD It's embarrassing...

I think the reason why it's like that, is because my voice isn't naturally loud. And although throughout the years I've been trying to fix the volume of my voice, I've realized that it's gonna stay like this for awhile, because it's a part of who I am physically.  I can scream when I want to, talk obnoxiously when I want to - but sometimes when I let my voice stay natural, my throat feels much more at ease. But then people might have trouble hearing me, so I have to speak twice as loud as my normal voice. It's something I've had a problem with since I was born. And I think that's why it's a little harder for me to speak to a lot of people at once, because sometimes I don't trust my own voice lol

There's a word for this, right?

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#6 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

Not really a "phobia", but I suffer from misophonia, which is basically described as the "hatred of sound". My nerves wreck whenever I hear people eat, snore, burp, etc. It's absolutely horrible to have, because it stops you from forming close relationships with people. Mine's isn't that bad though, but it's still very, very inconvenient. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#7 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have a fear of drowning, though I love swimming and going underwater.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#8 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

NHinataphobia - the ultimate phobia of NaruSaku Fans, Commonly caused by false advertising and marketing

Edited by nikki1314, 25 October 2014 - 04:07 PM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#9 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

I have philophobia -- the idea of falling in love literally does scare me, and I would attribute that fear to the fact that I haven't had very good relationships with men in my life.

I also have a fear of deep water, not sure what that's called, but I don't like to go swimming and just the thought of being underwater terrifies me.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 25 October 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#10 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Uh huh....so I have phasmophobia, fear of ghosts, supernatural, unexplainable stuff, paranormal things etc. It was very very chronic back when I was in my 10th grade ans all. I literally used to have panic attacks and sweat heavily. Severe restlessness and fear used to take over me. But its pretty much under control now. I do get some attacks here and there but they are nowhere on a scale as to what they were before...

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#11 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

I have a fear of noir related things in real life,if that makes sense,because you can't really face them head on.Actually I guess I have a fear of anything that you can't confront.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users