• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Annethy

Annethy

CURSE YOU VLADCARD

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:whatever i wanna be interested in!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:03 AM

has anyone found a decent crossover? every one that i have come across is waaaaaaaaaay OOC. dry.gif . with lotsa OC. then again mebe i'm just looking in the wrong places. huh.gif mellow.gif sleep.gif

#2 Arashi Kazama

Arashi Kazama

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:42 AM

i fined inuyasha and naruto cross plus full metal and naruto thats about it really

#3 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:51 AM

What? How about the Legend of Uzumaki Naruto? World of Warcraft? It is technically a crossover, and I love the portrayals of the old Warcraft greats like Thrall and Illidan, so yeah, it should qualify. Wonderful wonderful tale. There's one crack-fic where Duo of Gundam Wing is in Naruto's body, and Naruto is in Duo's body. Things go NUTZ near the end of that one, but I don't remember what it was called.

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

I have yet to find a decent crossover. Most I come across are poorly written, or don't make any sense what so ever. One that was okay was a crossover with Zelda and Warcraft, they fit together pretty well. But I think that stories that cross Neon Genesis Evangelion with Star Wars are a bit out there.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Oct 28 2006, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? How about the Legend of Uzumaki Naruto? World of Warcraft? It is technically a crossover, and I love the portrayals of the old Warcraft greats like Thrall and Illidan, so yeah, it should qualify. Wonderful wonderful tale. There's one crack-fic where Duo of Gundam Wing is in Naruto's body, and Naruto is in Duo's body. Things go NUTZ near the end of that one, but I don't remember what it was called.

Yea I am with ya on this. You should definatly read this one. Look down further on the coffee shop, you'll see a thread for it.

#6 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:28 PM

: grins like the Cheshire Cat :

Legend of Uzumaki Naruto, the best crossover fic EVER!

#7 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

NarutoXNothing.........I can't find anything that doesn't look suspisoius

#8 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:17 AM

I haven't really looked, but I like to read the odd AU crossed with the Real World, but there aren't alot...Hikari Enzan was one I read years ago...I think I'll go reread it if I can find it.

#9 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:26 AM

I concur with Legend of Uzumaki Naruto. It is brilliant. I have never played WoW, yet I feel like I know the characters so well.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#10 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:07 PM

I think this here, is something that will make you laugh and it is a crossover of sorts.

http://indiemadnesse...tract/se003.txt

#11 TikiTDO

TikiTDO

Σ

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:sleep

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

Look around in the Ranma section, there's one or two decent ones there. Naruto isn't a series that lends itself readily to crossovers though. Ranma and InuYasha being the only two I could imagine fitting into the ninja world. The setting is too restrictive, and characters have too much of a purpose.

If you look at heavy crossover series such as Ranma, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo you find that most of those are far more open-ended, and less plot focused. While certainly other series can work as crossovers, the above qualities is what really forces authors to consider the genre.

#12 Godai52

Godai52

Uber pervert and Masochistic obscessor

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:41 AM

Look around in the Ranma section, there's one or two decent ones there. Naruto isn't a series that lends itself readily to crossovers though. Ranma and InuYasha being the only two I could imagine fitting into the ninja world. The setting is too restrictive, and characters have too much of a purpose.

If you look at heavy crossover series such as Ranma, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo you find that most of those are far more open-ended, and less plot focused. While certainly other series can work as crossovers, the above qualities is what really forces authors to consider the genre.

I agree, most x-overs of Naruto are with Harry Potter. Not that I don't like that serie but it cannot fit! Games are usually easy to cross over, as long as you choose the right one. Devil May Cry could be a good choice for example, some Final Fantasy as well.

There was a thread about x-over ideas in the old version of the forum where we had a lot of different plausible series to cross with Naruto. I wrote two chapters for one of those ideas. I don't remember who had it but we had developped a nice plot for Naruto Tactics.

Saotome Naruto
Naruto Tactics

My personnal crossovers, it's a shameless plug but it doesn't matter. as a sidenote, I'm still writting, I just ahad a major setback

Edit:

Also, about OCCness an OCness, as the stories are crossovers, most of the time they are also AU, which means the caracters are supposed to meet new people and to change a little or a lot depending upon what happened to them. As long as Naruto will not be finished, the OCCness of x-overs is most likely to stay
[COLOR=red]I'm a perv, any doubts? Ask Soritia

#13 causeiambetta

causeiambetta

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:18 PM

i've thought up of several cross over ideas, but found people to resist them. there have been so many poor fics, the Warcraft Naruto crossover is also the gold standard now, everything is judged against it.

in the back burner i have a Matrix x Naruto crossover (Naruto TenTen) and in the faaar in the backburner a Fast & Furius x Naruto crossover

got so many projects in the back i need to sit down for a few hours and just produce

#14 Nothing-Nin

Nothing-Nin

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games, Fan Fiction, various tv shows, music, movies, and of course my friends.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

Well heres a bleach crossover that i kinda like After Death

its alright but the characters like in bleach tend to get strong at a very fast pace.

#15 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:23 PM

I've never seen a good Naruto crossover... it doesn't lend itself to 'true' crossover status very well.
That said, there have been decent crossovers of other series. There are different Basic types of crossovers (with unnamed varients of each, but which usually find themselves catagorized in one or the other), some of which lend themselves to other series better than other types:
(Pure) Crossovers: The two universes share the same world (or are treated as if they have been brought across into the other world and at least one set of characters are aware they've left their own).
(Pure) Fusions: The characters of one world take the place of characters of another world. Many characters are dropped in favor of their 'parallel' characters from another universe, and in fact often none of the characters from one universe exist in the other.
Crossfusions: This one is very hard to explain, but I'll try. The characters of one world are in another one and run a parallel adventure to the canon events of the new universe. They are unaware they are not in their 'normal' world. Usually, the characters of each universe don't meet except 'in the bar when the adventure is done\paused.' This can only be accomplished properly when the two universes are otherwise incompatible, i.e. (as in the example I list below) Ranma and Star Wars.

Now for a listing of some GOOD crossover examples. This is by no means comprehensive, and it may be a while before I have time to look up the proper links to each story. (I know that many of the examples I list could be found in old Usenet archives of Rec.Arts.Anime.Creative, but not all)

Pure Crossover:
Paragon, by Kenko (aka Robert B. Haynie) -- A heavy comedy Ranma\Sailor Moon crossover. One of the VERY few SM crossovers I've ever read and enjoyed. SM is heavily overused for crossovers, btw.
The Accidental Goddess, by DF Roeder -- Ranma\AMG crossover. Again, heavy on the comedy, but a little more serious.
Ranma's Apartment, by C. Jones -- Another Ranma\AMG crossover. The AMG parts are very light until Chapter 3.
Song of the Pheonix saga, by Jorge Pratt (sometimes known as Zephyr) -- a Ranma\FF\Chrono Trigger crossover. Massive fic which is unfinished. The author got 90% through the story, then decided to start over from the beginning. He has tried restarting it a dozen times over the past ten years, but hasn't gotten beyond the first few chapters on the restart.

Crossfusion:
The first example I ever saw of this genre was pretty good (A Faint Hope, by Lara Bartram and Mike Loader. I gotta say, Darth Tofu was one of the most hilarious villains I've ever encountered). As mentioned above, it's Ranma\Star Wars. This was an alternate take on a multi-author project which was going to attempt the same thing -- the multi-author project never got off the ground, this one at least got the Ranma characters through the events of the original Star Wars movie.

Pure Fusion:
Ranma\Battletech fusion for 'The Saotome Gambit' by J. Austin Wilde. Er, epic is the word for it. Longer than Training for the Job has become, if that helps you realize the size of this thing, but... well, it's damned good. The author has also done a few other Ranma crossovers that are pretty good (including a oneshot that fuses Ranma with 2001: A Space Oddesey), in addition to some of the better pure Ranma fanfiction out there, but I don't have a complete title list for him. I don't think anything of his ever hit ff.net, so again you'll almost have to check the RAAC archives for it.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#16 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

me and the whole fusions,crossovers, and what not don't go very well. i figure just legt it be. narutoverse in narutoverse... i just don't like them.

#17 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:24 AM

The Idiots Guide to Nindo by James Ray Edwards
[AU]The Idiot's Guide to Nindo: Guaranteed to turn any No Talent, Number One Unpredictable Ninja, Loser into a Genius of all affairs, or your money back guaranteed! It's so easy, even a Naruto can do it! ...What the HECK is this?
Naruto - Fiction Rated: T - English - Humor/General - Chapters: 26 - Words: 106631 - Reviews: 228 - Updated: 2-2-07 - Published: 9-20-06

Sometimes smoothly and enrichingly written and sometimes jarringly difficult to decypher, The Idiot's Guide to Nindo is a good, if oddly paced, read.
It quite possibly contains all of desaix's definitions of being a crossover, a fusion and a crossfusion with the series's it introduces and so far, it contains liberal use of; xxxHolic, Mahou Sensei Negima and (eventually) The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi characters to name the main ones.
However, it should be noted that the series focuses entirely on Naruto himself as well as the cross-over characters, so it might disappoint people who are looking to also read about other characters within the Naruto universe.

To say the least, it's interesting and, in my honest opinion, one of the better cross-over type of fics out there, but it's definitely not for everyone.

#18 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

I rember reading a Final Fantasy and Naruto crossover once. It was well written and believable in a sense. The way the authour mergerd the magic of Final Fantasy and the Jutsus of Naruto made an enjoyable fic. I cant remember what it was called though.
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#19 josh32

josh32

same with Ichigo

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Random sword &amp; gun fights with my brother, FF VII: ACC, Dead Fantasy

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:13 PM

this is my favorite crossover to date:

Till Eternity's End

it's a Naruto and Final Fantasy VII crossover

#20 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

I agree that crossovers just don't work that well with Naruto. Naruto's world is a self-contained fantasy world that has no relation to our world, that doesn't really lend itself to crossing over. Possibly I could see other manga with a central ninja focus working, especially ones set in historical Japan. But it would still be a lot of work. You really need to have similar worlds for crossovers to work.

Now there is a way to crossover Naruto with something, by "breaking the fourth wall" having them speaking to the audience directly and knowing and commenting on themselves and others as characters in a story. That's done for comedic effect and can be fun.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users