• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 josh32

josh32

same with Ichigo

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Random sword & gun fights with my brother, FF VII: ACC, Dead Fantasy

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

I am in a state of depression thanks to a fan fiction sad.gif (and I mean really depressed depression) so can anyone please give me some advice on how to combat my mood?

#2 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

Well, think of a new idea. I've had writers block before and it kind of depresses me. Most of the time though I have the story planned out.

#3 DazeDreamer

DazeDreamer

Free Falling

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

Well I've had multiple writer's block before too. I often go with the flow and sometimes make it up as I go. Cuz that's the fun of writing, not knowing what's going to happen until it happens! It's so fun!

Anyway the way I conquer WB is I often work on other fanfics that I haven't finished, or read over my current fanfic. If that doesn't work, try talking to a friend about your fanfic. They help! (God I sound like those stupid school councilers... tongue.gif XD) ANyway hope ya get out of your fanfic depression! Sayonara~
I only ask for you to notice me.

/l、
(゚、 。 7  ~Meow :3 (Hey there pretty little kitty.)
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

#4 Kenhime

Kenhime

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm a college student and I'm oooooooooooooooold.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

Sad thanks to fanfiction? That happens. Mizerable's "Wasted Years" comes to mind.

Two ways to combat it:

1) Read inspiring fanfiction (ie. b-chan1's "The Last Step")

2) Read sappy romantic fanfiction (ie. romance drabbles like "30 Kisses Challenge")

Most importantly, look to be inspired. That's one of the cool things about life: to have the potential to improve your circumstances or change your world for the better. Many depressed people don't realize that too often. =)

#5 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:52 AM

tell me about it. i've had a ton of writer's blocks... in fact, i'm in one now. biggrin.gif but it wears in due time; at first it's difficult. i force myself to start writing... if you're at a part you really hate, do what i do -- try writing another story; then, when you're really into it again, tackle the hard part. that way you leverage it better. well, good luck... now, it's time for my problems... :shamefulcry0js:

#6 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:14 AM

It's said that depression is the state that inspires more creativity than any other state. But since you want to get out of depression, watch anything by Studio Ghibli (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc).

But if you want to get into depression, watch Grave of the Fireflies (another Studio Ghibli piece ironically).

#7 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:55 AM

Music. Music on long car rides always helps me. And try and think about it before you go to bed, some times ideas come to mind when you are about to go to sleep. Mr. Speckles, didn't come out of no where a_dance.gif , he took some thinking and drawing.

Reading can also help, but since it's some one elses Idea, I don't see how it helps. But I suggest this is your schedule for thinking of your writing.

Morning: On way to school, with music at hand.
Morning: In school, put yourself on autopiolet and think about it on your way to your classes.
After school: On way home, with music at hand.
Home: Type
Bed: Think about it before you go to sleep and if you get any ideas, pull out a journal from a hidden place of your choosing and write it down.

That's how it always works for me. :thumbs:

#8 TokehGecko

TokehGecko

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yup, write more stuff, new stuff, until you find yourself ready to pick up on older stories.

And man, Grave of the Fireflies can really brighten up your creativity...

#9 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Well..music does inspire me a lot...and reading, but mostly music because when you read then the idea can't be original, just like what Yori Uzumaki-san said.

Uhmmm, thinking in ur freetime helps too or when ur about to sleep or going to school...Sometime, observing around helps, if ur keen enough you;ll get some ideas...that'll worked for me!

I had many experiences of writer's block...and believe me, it does activate my pissed-off mode! LoL

Anyway, good luck!

#10 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

I have a large set of 'old chestnut' fanfics I return to whenever I read a particular fanfic that depresses me. Usually, they're short, funny, often a little racy, and usually leave a smile on my face no matter how I'm feeling.

None of them are Naruto fics, however, and I don't know what other series your tastes run towards, so I can't make any suggestions as to what to read.

And, btw, to everyone else: It doesn't sound like he's talking about writer's block, here, but depression.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#11 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

Oh, he wasn't? Okay then...

Just read humour stories...Do you read in ffnet? If you are and a Naruto fan you can read Crossdressing, it's really really funny! It's about Sasuke crossdressing because of his mom! It's really good...

Uhmmm, if you want to smile or something just read fluffy stories, the cute ones...it makes me smile...

I won't suggest for you to read my stories because they are mostly drama...I love drama because I am not really good at humor!

#12 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

I got a few new ideas today, mainly lines that people could say. And etc. But even a little idea can turn into some thing big. Mr. Speckles was just a little character at first, but he plays as the hero's friendly beast, later on in my fanfictions. biggrin.gif

#13 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:08 PM

oh, also, what type of fanfics do you like? have you been going on crazy mode -- that could be the problem. don't be like me -- fifty pages in one day... i gave up fanfiction for a month after that; take it slow, spread you interest.

#14 roshumba

roshumba

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:25 PM

I'm a music-head, so have you ever thought of listening to some really cheesy music? Nothing like a shot of Top Gun's Danger Zone to get you bumped in the right direction. tongue.gif

#15 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

haha. a_hug.gif hope you feel better.

#16 tendo-chan

tendo-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:I love... Kakashi-sama! I love stuff toys, cute stuffs, books and music~!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

I agree with all the others josh-san! Happy music and humoric fanfictions is good for the heart~! But if that doesn't work.. well.... let time pass it. NaruSakufan is right~! just go with da flooow

(when I'm depressed... I sleep...XD and when I wake up... everything just changes from very dark depressing mood to bright sunny hyper mood biggrin.gif)

#17 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Listen to some soothing music, read a funny fic, watch a hilarious video, or chat with somebody or bodies that you enjoy chatting with.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#18 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

Hope you'll feel well...But I guess you are feeling well already

It was weeks ago when you were dispressed right?

#19 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (TokehGecko @ May 23 2006, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, write more stuff, new stuff, until you find yourself ready to pick up on older stories.

And man, Grave of the Fireflies can really brighten up your creativity...

That can be a bad idea. When you keep on having writers block and you keep on starting more and more stories, you become burried in more incomplete stories and eventually you get writers block on them too. Trust me, I'm in the midst of that right now. sweatdrop.gif

#20 enigmaofbishieness

enigmaofbishieness

Pink-hair-con

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Well, not all stories have to be completed, you know. Sure, you'll feel bad for not completing everything you started, but as long as you know which stories are truly important to you, you'll always know what to focus on first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users