Close
Photo

Am I the only one who's POed that Sasuke is still alive?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

One of my major problems with this story, is how Sasuke continued to be altered in order to be seen as "not really a bad guy". Even after he was shown killing people.

One thing I was holding out hope for was the Sasuke would die. Either at the hand of Naruto directly, or in a way that he sacrificed himself in order to look something like a good guy again, ala Darth Vader.

Am I the only one really annoyed by how easily not only he was forgiven, but how he officially was "never a bad guy" now. It's such a terrible theme.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

No I wish Sasuke died too.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

To be honest...Sasuke was the Bella Swan of Naruto. He can do a lot of things that are messed up, but he doesn't go through the consequences of his actions. He can have a kid, and he just leaves him with his wife (presumably, it was never mentioned that they got hitched).

Sasuke was in reality, Kishi's way of putting himself inside the story. A Gary Stu that can do no real wrong. He didn't wanted to do that to Naruto because well...it will look corny (Twilight) 

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#4 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:22 AM

nope, all villans died in the end. that should have included sasuke to.

#5 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:35 AM

You are certainly not the only one. Instead of giving us the disjointed, out of whack, naive moral lesson about how everyone can find forgiveness, he should have wrote a story about recognizing when you see a lost cause, knowing when someone HAS in fact gone to far and can't come back, Kishimoto could have written a more driving, emotional story if he had instead focused on Naruto coming to grips with the idea that there are infact some people who cannot be saved, that sometimes people change for the worst. 

Instead he whitewashed the whole story and gave us Redemption after redemption, cheapening each one along the way. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#6 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

I hate sasuke!!!

Any man who has to save the one person they love from being killed, should kill that person that tried to their love.

Sasuke should've died against naruto.

I just can't believe kishi gave sasuke asspulls after asspulls in this series. He should've been alone.

#7 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

I dislike him, but I wouldn't want him dead. It would break Naruto and Sakura's heart.

#8 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

I dislike him, but I wouldn't want him dead. It would break Naruto and Sakura's heart.

See I think that should have been part of the story. I'd of kept Sasuke on course to how he was when we see him for the first time at the beginning of Part 2. He doesn't care about the bonds he used to have, all he wants his revenge, and he's been consumed by darkness. The main cast developing to that realility should have been a major theme of the story, at least I think so.

#9 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

You arent alone, I really thought he was going to die, and I would have been perfectly fine had he. Chapter 698 wasn't bad though, I did like that part, what with his confession, but his pardon and all that junk in 699 was horrible to read. If he had to survive I would have wanted him to leave once Sakura healed him. From there he could go and wander all over the place. It would make more sense since Kakashi really couldn't stop him if he wanted and neither could Naruto and Sakura. The rest of the shinobi world could be told that he died. That would have been a better ending in my eyes. This would also keep him away from Konoha forever. He wouldn't be able to just go over knock up Sakura and leave her to raise their child alone.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#10 soshi

soshi

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

I personally do not have a problene that sasuke is not dead( even if he had to die for what he did)and i can say that I was practically sure that Kishi will not kill him but what bothers me the most is that he escaped without any punishment not to mention what he did to him and sakura in 699(the interaction between the two) immediately after the battle where he clearly said theat he is not interested in anyone except naruto.That's just bad writing. :twitch:

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

I would have wanted Sasuke to die, but not for the reason that i would have hated him.

I would wanted him to have a Darth Vadar ending where Naruto believes he had to save him, but Sasuke proclaims he already did. A sort of "I may not live to see the next day, but that doesn't mean you failed."

If Kishimoto really wanted to give the message of "You don't always get what you want" I feel that would have sent a better message than what we have now.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

He still needs a lot of resolving in his character, and it seems like he was brushed off a little too quickly to give the series a "happy ending feeling."

Ugh. I wonder what he's like in the movie. He looks like he's gonna do some cool stuff on his own. But I swear if there's even a hint of SasuSaku, I'm gonna lose my buns.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#13 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

I would have wanted Sasuke to die, but not for the reason that i would have hated him.

I would wanted him to have a Darth Vadar ending where Naruto believes he had to save him, but Sasuke proclaims he already did. A sort of "I may not live to see the next day, but that doesn't mean you failed."

If Kishimoto really wanted to give the message of "You don't always get what you want" I feel that would have sent a better message than what we have now.

Technically, Naruto DIDN'T get what he wanted, he didn't get Sakura :zaru: 

But yea, I get it and agree, saying "You can't get the girl." is different then saying "You can't save/change everyone and make it so that they have no consequences." which is pretty much what Kakashi and Naruto did, 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#14 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

Sasuke is actually one of the few instances where I got something i honestly expected. I figured he would be brought back to the village (one of Naruto's goals after all) but I didnt want him to stay. I feel like he's done too much  and that all the grief the village apparently caused him would be too much for him to stay. So i always imagined he would wonder around popping in and out of the village (it would have been a interesting spin off for him and what an opportunity for kishi to have an excuse to spend absurd amounts of time on him) to visit Naruto and the rest of team 7.

I was blindsided by the rest of his situation.

I wasnt against him making an heroic sacrifice.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#15 sonicsucks

sonicsucks

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

Lol calling him a Gary stu. Last I check Naruto was the child of prophecy and the god kids incarnation with a limitless chakra monster and god mod regeneration who rivaled all the Kage level ninjas in the war and beat godito plus madara. Sasuke was the underdog in that war and failed to touch even kaguya while Naruto has exchanges blows with her.

Even Sakura managed to hit her and help save Sasuke. Kishimoto does a lot of things with Sasuke, but want to him is not one of them especially his fight record which proves the author has it out for him.

#16 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

@sonic is indeed suck
Sasuke is Gary Sue along with his brother.

#17 sonicsucks

sonicsucks

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

Actually the sue from the Uchiha was Madara. Both itachi and Sasuke screwed by him and failed to succeed in anything long term.

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

Actually the sue from the Uchiha was Madara. Both itachi and Sasuke screwed by him and failed to succeed in anything long term.

Nope itachi and sasuke are the Gary Sue of the series.
Madara is just a generic shonen overpower final villain.

#19 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sasuke major problem was that he was a fickle character. Changed his goals per minute

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users