narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Xabsol @ Jul 22 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
R.I.P all closing down manga sites. sad.gif

well now I supposed Ill have to have a shipment of shonen jump weekly sent to america and hire myself a translator to get my manga now lol.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#22 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 22 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well now I supposed Ill have to have a shipment of shonen jump weekly sent to america and hire myself a translator to get my manga now lol.

I'm hoping some sites won't get closed for awhile... sleep.gif
I wouldn't want to think about the amount of deaths this may cause..

#23 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Xabsol @ Jul 22 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping some sites won't get closed for awhile... sleep.gif
I wouldn't want to think about the amount of deaths this may cause..

I think I just died a little inside. shamefulcry0js.gif

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

They can't stop the internet. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 July 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#25 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 22 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can't stop internet. biggrin.gif

Depends on what you mean by stop; if you're referring to completely ceasing any and all pirating of this sort of thing you're right, but in regards to ceasing the number of easy, no download necessary, readily available to read pirated manga/comics/etc they're making a pretty good go of it.
bd5.jpg

#26 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

So pretty much they're doing a Youtube now and blocking stuff?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#27 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

they're not blocking...they are erasing everything...really a shame, but I am not reading so much manga as others maybe...the only manga I read is Naruto, Fairy Tail and mangas from other animes I have seen. I would be on my knees, though, if I would heard of anime sites being closed(though it is a smaller chance than manga ones). For now, it looks like Mangakas - Readers , 1-0 and an offsite at readers in minute 10.(sorry for the lame joke tongue.gif)

#28 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

I understand what they're doing and that it benefits them, but it doesn't make it suck any less. Onemanga had started to take down manga because of some publishers like YenPress. A lot of the online reading sites will probably go down now and we'll either have to resort to downloading the manga or buying it locally.

I don't buy manga too much like I used to since I found out the glory of reading online, but I would try to support your favorite show by buying the manga and anime if you want. That's what I'm doing with Soul Eater. smile.gif

#29 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

I think the saddest part is how fast they'd give Manga... This is why I just don't buy them all in English, the Naruto Volumes take like 3 months... Damn- and there mad slow at translating (VIZ) >.> GOOD BYE ONE MANGA! I LOVED YOU AND ALWAYS WILL! I guess i'll go to plan B, and this ones a good one >3 Get my MangaX app back and dowload them to my IPod, HAHA take that publishers! Lol XD

#30 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

Most of the larger 'one-stop-shop' sites will likely be shut down, especially the ones that use ads as revenue. It's a lot easier to take down a site that makes money off of the scanlations, even if all money is going directly to pay for the website. They're still making an income.

MangaFox will likely come down eventually as well, but I believe it might take a little longer since from what I remember it's owned by a Chinese company or something like that.

Sites like MangaStream will probably be allowed to stay, since it is simply a scanlation site and not a aggregate site like Onemanga and Mangafox. Besides that, they only keep the latest 4 chapters up for viewing and pull down the rest. The only thing that might bite them in the ass is the fact that they have an advert spot up on their page... I don't know how that would work out. Personally I believe they'll make it through unscathed, at least until we get to the point of being able to purchase immediate translations.

Some other sites, namely ones that are pay to access or beg for donations for nice status perks, like NarutoFan and BleachExile, however... they're likely going to suffer juuuuuuust a little bit.

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

It's to bad one manga is shutting down but I'm sure another will rise in it's place.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

I'm hoping they'll let somebody else take over the site and use fake IP address software to randomly change the IP servers location to send the internet police on a wild goose chase.

#33 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 22 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping they'll let somebody else take over the site and use fake IP address software to randomly change the IP servers location to send the internet police on a wild goose chase.

The people that shut down the sites aren't that stupid.

They actually go and hire people to track down whoever is doing this. A simple proxy and IP changer won't help if they have White-hat level internet trackers helping them.

#34 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

I understand why they're doing it, but I'm gonna miss OneManga nonetheless. I loved their collection.

Is it football season yet?

Thankfully it'll be here soon.

#35 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 22 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The people that shut down the sites aren't that stupid.

They actually go and hire people to track down whoever is doing this. A simple proxy and IP changer won't help if they have White-hat level internet trackers helping them.

Sounds like the authorities use bribery. hm.png

#36 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Well, we wouldn't need to read it online if you companies didn't take so long to GOD DAMN TRANSLATE IT YOURSELVES. It's about a few chapters in small-form of Japanese text, I could do that in three days if I had a proper degree in Japanese. Keep your mitts off the internet and you won't get a beating.

#37 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Well, at least this has prompted me to continue my catching up with Fairy Tail....

#38 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

WHAT?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOO shamefulcry0js.gif
Aw man... now I have to turn to mangafox.com
But they're probably gonna shut down as well...
EDIT: I didn't get that message...

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 22 July 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#39 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jul 22 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep your mitts off the internet and you won't get a beating.

I highly doubt companies currently crashing financially are concerned because some guys on a computer screen are threatening them. They're also well within their rights with this. Whereas if someone actually TRIED to beat them - obviously difficult considering we're talking about a company here and not one person - they'd have a date with the gray bar hotel.

Well, we wouldn't need to read it online if you companies didn't take so long to GOD DAMN TRANSLATE IT YOURSELVES.

I don't think that would change much. People would still read it online. "Free" is a pretty powerful lure, illegal or not; if it wasn't, there wouldn't be near as much crime in general.

Sounds like the authorities use bribery.

Or they, you know, actually hire people who know what they're doing.

Edited by dl316bh, 22 July 2010 - 11:21 PM.

bd5.jpg

#40 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 22 2010, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm surprised you guys are surprised by this... a few weeks ago, publishing companies were already intent on shutting it down. So, I'm not surprised. I hope Openmanga will launch soon. I sure hope as well it goes off without a hitch.

Well I was expecting it but in a while. Some companies started blocking their content (Yen press, damnit I want to read spice and wolf) but I didn't expect to log on and see a message saying that all content will be erased by next week.

Edited by Muffins?, 22 July 2010 - 11:25 PM.

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users