Close
Photo

Naruto The Demon Within Character Designs - An Ongoing Project

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi, everybody. X-D God, I feel so old. But I will tell you this much, this has been something I have worked on over the years, even before the way the manga ended. So since I have been feeling very UNSATISFIED by the way the ending of the manga was rushed out like this, I have been working harder on it to maybe ease my heart.

But the basic idea for this topic is simple; this is to share the redesigns for this alternate universe story, showing the path of events if Naruto had succeeded in stopping Sasuke at the Final Valley and wound up returning him to the Hidden Leaf. There's gonna be all kinds of new designs I will work on, as well as new original characters.

As you may or may not expect, the first few are gonna be done for Team Kakashi's rookies, part of the new Leaf team, the Dirty Dozen, aka the Super Rookies. So we begin with our hero, Naruto Uzumaki;

DiODfDy.jpg

When I was designing Naruto, the idea was to keep his aesthetic similar to Part 1 and Shippuden's aesthetics for him, so his clothes match his personality pretty well. The idea of how his coat was designed came from an old design I had done for him for TDW, with the basis being from Rock Howard in the Fatal Fury franchise by SNK. I also had thought of the color scheme of white, black, and orange based on Naruto's old coat, but also being inspired by Shippuden's coat.

I also had felt about trying to show Naruto is a bit flashier than most ninja around his age. Plus I wanted to have the backstory on the coat and the gloves be they were birthday gifts from Jiraiya while he was training under him whenever Jiraiya was in the Hidden Leaf Village passing info onto Tsunade about things he learned in the world

Story-wise, Naruto is about the same as you'd expect. Though, some differences revolve around his drive and motivation; rather than to keep his promise to Sakura to save Sasuke from his darkness, Naruto's drive to become stronger has motivated him to protect everything he can, and to NOT lose anything precious to him again, something Jiraiya has found admirable and also foolish since he'd wanted Naruto to write Sasuke off, same as he did with Orochimaru.

One big focus Demon Within has is gonna be on Naruto trying to get a grip on his feelings for Sakura, since he feels she still loves Sasuke and he wants to make her happy, even if not with him, since like I can be, he's too much of a people-pleaser and doesn't try to make himself happy. But of course, he'll come to realize he can't deny he loves Sakura, and that love story will be a part of the overall growth of his character as well as an underlining focus to help him be able to find something worth fighting for.

And another aspect is Naruto learning to control Kurama's chakra earlier due to an early arc, though I haven't designed Naruto with his Kurama cloak yet, since I want to try to design a basic version of it that would act as a kind of early version BEFORE we get that super epic badass version we saw in the war.

I know I am not the best artist in the world, guys, but I hope I did well enough, since really, my style is free-form, and free-form is not emulation, but really, it's trying to form one's own path. When I've drawn these, I used an ink pen along with paper from a sketchpad I have had older designs in but decided to launch new ones in. :) Enjoy! And BELIEVE IT!!!

Ninjutsu - 4

Taijutsu - 3

Genjutsu - 2

Intelligence - 3

Strength - 3

Speed - 3

Stamina - 5

Hand seals - 3

Total - 26

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 21 December 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

You're a better writer than Kishi.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

You're a better writer than Kishi.

Thanks, man, I feel kinda flattered. :smile: Tell your friends here!

Anyhow, next up is Sasuke Uchiha, design 1. And sorry in advance for how it looks... X-D Stupid scanner... BLEARGH...

pWG8ico.jpg

What I was going for with Sasuke was basically following his return appearance in the Shippuden saga, and the fact he looks as if he is emulating his father Fugaku a bit as well as traditional wear of his clan. I added some... darker touches to reflect how Sasuke is when this design is in play.

The idea is that the Curse of Hatred piled on top of his jealousy and anger toward Itachi, Naruto, and everyone else who has been in his way has made Sasuke a bitter person when TDW begins. He's also been locked up frequently at Tsunade's request for his safety. Of course, Danzo wanted to kill him, but Tsunade wouldn't have any of it. So in short, Danzo would end up using Sasuke on heavy duty Root/Foundation-style missions, in the hopes he would die. I also would say Sasuke's look reflects that darkness he's been stuck in because of his anger at Naruto as well as the feelings of hate he feels for Danzo, even if he can't explain it at first.

The color scheme is very akin to what he has had in the past, but I added the lightning patterns on his pants for the factor of how he's focused a lot on Lightning-Style Jutsu after learning the Chidori from Kakashi. The sword he has is one that was forged from a piece of meteorite that fell to the Earth of a unique black metal, almost obsidian like.

I also imagined Sasuke's personality being that everyone he fights in TDW early on, he chooses not to spar them, feeling mercy is weakness, and that the weak must die, no matter what. It also is a means for him to steel himself for the opportunity he feels he will soon get to kill Itachi, and prove his superiority, and perhaps avenge his clan.

Ninjutsu - 4

Taijutsu - 4

Genjutsu - 4

Intelligence - 3.5

Strength - 3

Speed - 4

Stamina - 3

Hand seals - 3

Total - 28.5

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 21 December 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#4 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

So he's the villain in your story. Good and what about our girl Sakura? Can't wait to see her.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#5 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

So he's the villain in your story. Good and what about our girl Sakura? Can't wait to see her.

He's a villain early on at least. Or at least an anti-hero. More or less, even if he's in the Hidden Leaf again, he's considered a villain by many, except for Naruto and Sakura, who still believe in him, even when he doesn't believe in himself or the bonds he could have if he let go of his hatred.

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

He's a villain early on at least. Or at least an anti-hero. More or less, even if he's in the Hidden Leaf again, he's considered a villain by many, except for Naruto and Sakura, who still believe in him, even when he doesn't believe in himself or the bonds he could have if he let go of his hatred.

He's the villain in my Kingdom Hearts Naruto crossover. I'm sorry. I just hate him.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

He's the villain in my Kingdom Hearts Naruto crossover. I'm sorry. I just hate him.

It's cool, I myself have had those feelings, yet I more than anything have felt sorry for him; letting himself be consumed by hate and jealousy.

xkFOyW4.jpg

And here is our heroine, Sakura Haruno! :smile: When I was designing Sakura, I wanted functionality, but also to show her femininity. I got inspired by her current design, a little of Naruto: The Last, as well as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy VII, particularly Advent Children. I think I got it as well with how my skills are. Since my skills aren't on par with other artists I've seen around Deviant Art and the 'net. Also, sorry if she feels awkward; I always have some trouble drawing the fairer sex.

Sakura's story in TDW is driven by wanting to protect the people precious to her; Naruto, who she has seen go out of his way for her, even when she badmouthed him, and how he's always been there for her, and always saved her when she needed help, and yes, even Sasuke, since she feels like she could have done more to help him overcome the darkness in his heart. She has become an apprentice to Tsunade in the 3 years following the battle in the Final Valley and Sasuke's return to the Hidden Leaf Village thanks to Naruto, and she has grown significantly because of it, and can even give the boys a run for their money.

Sakura also is going to be part of one of the key love stories to TDW, which is between her and Naruto (as if there was any other outcome for moi!), where she has seen him trying to act happy around her, but she can see he's hiding his pain. She's been worried about him, and will continue to do so in her way, especially when she learns of his being a Jinchuriki in addition to witnessing his heroism.

Her growth also shows a side of maturity to her, where her feelings for Sasuke have changed from love to genuine concern for him and his well-being, even if early on, he has no care about her, Naruto, or the village. Considering this is a girl who was willing to try to kill someone she cares for, even if she couldn't do it, I think reflecting on that maturity and growth from her training under Tsunade is a necessity story-wise.

Ninjutsu - 3

Taijutsu - 3

Genjutsu - 4

Intelligence - 4

Strength - 3

Speed - 3

Stamina - 2

Hand seals - 5

Total - 27

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 21 December 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#8 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

It's cool, I myself have had those feelings, yet I more than anything have felt sorry for him; letting himself be consumed by hate and jealousy.

xkFOyW4.jpg
And here is our heroine, Sakura Haruno! :smile: When I was designing Sakura, I wanted functionality, but also to show her femininity. I got inspired by her current design, a little of Naruto: The Last, as well as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy VII, particularly Advent Children. I think I got it as well with how my skills are. Since my skills aren't on par with other artists I've seen around Deviant Art and the 'net. Also, sorry if she feels awkward; I always have some trouble drawing the fairer sex.

Sakura's story in TDW is driven by wanting to protect the people precious to her; Naruto, who she has seen go out of his way for her, even when she badmouthed him, and how he's always been there for her, and always saved her when she needed help, and yes, even Sasuke, since she feels like she could have done more to help him overcome the darkness in his heart. She has become an apprentice to Tsunade in the 3 years following the battle in the Final Valley and Sasuke's return to the Hidden Leaf Village thanks to Naruto, and she has grown significantly because of it, and can even give the boys a run for their money.

Sakura also is going to be part of one of the key love stories to TDW, which is between her and Naruto (as if there was any other outcome for moi!), where she has seen him trying to act happy around her, but she can see he's hiding his pain. She's been worried about him, and will continue to do so in her way, especially when she learns of his being a Jinchuriki in addition to witnessing his heroism.

Her growth also shows a side of maturity to her, where her feelings for Sasuke have changed from love to genuine concern for him and his well-being, even if early on, he has no care about her, Naruto, or the village. Considering this is a girl who was willing to try to kill someone she cares for, even if she couldn't do it, I think reflecting on that maturity and growth from her training under Tsunade is a necessity story-wise.

Hope you have a scene where she punches him.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#9 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

BMW check out Kingdom Hearts Legend of the Kyuubi please. Tell me what you think.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

I would check out your story if I knew where to find it for sure. Though I am not sure I will have a scene like you want in the story. But I know there's some serious moments for them to be able to get closure.

#11 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=14086 Here you go. What do you think?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#12 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

What I read, I thoguht it was interesting to say the least. I'll have to vest more time to look at it, though.

Also, I have drawn and scan Team Ino-Shika-Cho to put up in here. Of course, I kinda wish more people would say something besides you and I. I'm kinda nervous this was a bust of sorts, even if people are viewing it. XP

#13 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

What I read, I thoguht it was interesting to say the least. I'll have to vest more time to look at it, though.

Also, I have drawn and scan Team Ino-Shika-Cho to put up in here. Of course, I kinda wish more people would say something besides you and I. I'm kinda nervous this was a bust of sorts, even if people are viewing it. XP

Thanks. Made new chapter.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 06 November 2014 - 09:33 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

4gOF9AM.jpg

Now we move onto Team Asuma, folks, beginning with the first third of the Ino-Shika-Cho trio with Ino Yamanaka! When I was designing Ino, I had gone off how she's previously looked, with violet purple as one of her main color schemes. Honestly, I also wanted her to be the type of girl to show off her sex appeal, which is why I had gone with how I drew her here.

In the story of TDW, Ino has also undergone training as a medical ninja like Sakura, driven to want to be able to do more besides what she can do with her family's hiden Jutsu. She also has trained herself using various flowers for Jutsu, and also improved her skills in other fields to make herself even better.

An aspect to her character in the story is her being the kind of team mom for the Super Rookies, as well as for Shikamaru and Choji, but she also gets a little bit of Cupid's touch in regards toward Choji after some early arcs, which leads to the duo building a budding relationship of unlikely circumstances, which will continue to shift and grow their characters in exciting new ways.

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

I saw your blog. I have to say, your style of drawings is very interesting. The writing that goes with it is also very meaningful. I like it ^^

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#16 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

I saw your blog. I have to say, your style of drawings is very interesting. The writing that goes with it is also very meaningful. I like it ^^

Thanks. :) There's been a lot of thought put into all of this since we've done it since near the end of Part 1. :smile:

#17 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

May be u should create one new story rather than creating fic on naruto.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#18 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

May be u should create one new story rather than creating fic on naruto.

Naw, I think doing it like this will work, since it was something I feel needed to be done for a long time, but thanks for the idea.

#19 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

AVwB3KZ.jpg

Next up for the designs is Shikamaru Nara, the second third of Team Asuma/Ino-Shika-Cho. When I was designing Shikamaru, I wanted to be doing what he had had in the Shippuden saga, with his looking more "official" now. Especially with the fact I figure he'd have some clothes that would be black to work with his clan's Jutsu as well as fitting the other more experienced Jonin and Chunin.

Shikamaru's story is really revolved about his maturing as a ninja as well, though I don't think it will be guilt by association involving Asuma's death like in the canon, because I felt that was kinda damn dumb for him to grow up like that, but not finding his own path to grow stronger for. That's what happens in TDW, with Shikamaru also happening to come to accept his limits with his intelligence and to listen to his heart at times, not just his head.

#20 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Now, to wrap up Team Asuma, here comes Choji Akimichi!

ZAS370C.jpg

As with his teammates, I had used Choji's design from Shippuden for his design in TDW, though I made some tweaks here and there, such as adjusting some of the armor, as with his design in Naruto: The Last. I also had gotten a bit of Choji's growing a bit of a goatee from The Last as well.

His character story in TDW will be around his relationships, as well as his drive to become stronger and more confident, a lot of it comes from the fact of his forming a romantic relationship with Ino primarily. He also is aiming to become better since he has something he wants to protect when he and Ino begin to date, and it also allows Choji to show that CHUBBIES RULE!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users