97 replies to this topic

#41 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

anyway can't wait for OP ad Ending i hav a feeling ist going to be the Team 7 Love Triangle instead but probaly
NaruSaku. i trust that bad Director stays faithful to the confession in the manga and dosn't ruin the episode.
but at the end of the day, the anime dosn't matter to the canon storyline. lol

Edited by Living Lavish, 08 March 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#42 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

dont worry people we dont know hows its gonna be. it could be great, or bad. but they cant butcher narusaku and thats all that matters rawr.gif besides we have been getting alot of love lately ( i wonder how much more we can get)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#43 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

It might be several couples in Naruto, including narusaku. They've done that before
If they do that I'd expect Asuma and Kurenai, Jiraiya and Tsunade, and hopefully Minato and Kushina. (It's a bit early for Mito and Hashirama as we've not reached the point of any story references in the anime yet)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#44 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 8 2011, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might be several couples in Naruto, including narusaku. They've done that before
If they do that I'd expect Asuma and Kurenai, Jiraiya and Tsunade, and hopefully Minato and Kushina. (It's a bit early for Mito and Hashirama as we've not reached the point of any story references in the anime yet)

what about minato and kushina? we saw a bit of them but not enough to have a opening on them :o

#45 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Gyaah! I can't wait! wow.png

#46 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 8 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont worry people we dont know hows its gonna be. it could be great, or bad. but they cant butcher narusaku and thats all that matters rawr.gif besides we have been getting alot of love lately ( i wonder how much more we can get)

I agree. It's too early to assume the outcome of the OP+ED release, only time will tell. So keep your fingers crossed for narusaku. happy.gif

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 8 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This would be a nice and plausable scenario as well. smile.gif

#47 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

@K9 - I agree with you, K. The opening's a ways off still, too early to be worrying about it's 'content'. We all just need to be cool and wait for day before we judge and fret.

@ciardha - Speaking of 'content', your scenario sounds interesting, and it would be good to create parallels of the prominenent couples in the series (and Kishi like his parallels). However, it's likely not gonna be like that, as the opening will also be show the other highlights of this arc. Likely scenario:
- Some Kisame/KB action
- Danzo vs Sasuke
- Some Madara
- 5 Kage,
- and the remaing time will be dedicated to Naru-Saku-Sasu, with Sakura the highlight of it (her 'transition').

Continued...

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#48 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

...Excuse the double post, but PS3 sucks.

@Codus N - I can understand feeling aprehensive, but we can't just jump to conclusions about the scene possibly being butchered because of the one placed in charge of the ep. This man has no reason to implement his own interpretaion (regardless of what it is, Pro/Anti etc) into this scene, and should just show it as it was done in the manga (call it like it is).

If bias is rife around Studio Pierot (to the point that the workforce is split over something as trivial as pairings), then I would seriously call into question this company's sense of professionalism. It shouldn't be allowed to exist in the workplace, let alone be allowed to dictate what the anime team do with the episodes containing content which is the source of said bias.

BTW, you're welcome (the 'Samples') smile.gif

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#49 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

I agree, they are a company committed to bringing a manga to life, they should be completely professional about every episode they do (except fillers, they don't count). I would say I hated the pain fight, but I mean, it was like 4 episodes long, so I guess it wouldn't look great the entire length, seeing how some of their animators suck at animating.

#50 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

I don't know if they would make an opening dedicated to specific pairings, but that would be nice. They did have snips of it (especially in this latest ending) so it is not impossible, but I think they'll still play ship-tease with us and give us a variety, pro NaruSaku, NaruHina, whatever else...

I would hope to see something about Tsunade and Jiraiya, personally (with Dan too, since he was her fiance). ;-; Oh Tsunade...

Is it just me or does it seem like this ED did not last as long in comparison to the others? Not that I complain about having a new one... (I wonder if "Freedom" will show bits about the Shinobi war + NaruSasu fight?)

#51 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Mar 8 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Excuse the double post, but PS3 sucks.

@Codus N - I can understand feeling aprehensive, but we can't just jump to conclusions about the scene possibly being butchered because of the one placed in charge of the ep. This man has no reason to implement his own interpretaion (regardless of what it is, Pro/Anti etc) into this scene, and should just show it as it was done in the manga (call it like it is).

If bias is rife around Studio Pierot (to the point that the workforce is split over something as trivial as pairings), then I would seriously call into question this company's sense of professionalism. It shouldn't be allowed to exist in the workplace, let alone be allowed to dictate what the anime team do with the episodes containing content which is the source of said bias.

BTW, you're welcome (the 'Samples') smile.gif

quinny tell me about it, posting using PS3 is a pain.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#52 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

Regarding the "bad' director:
I wasn't impressed by their previous directors, but if the Naruto vs Pain fight is any indication, then I would expect the worse. While there wouldn't be much going on, I would expect that scene to have some decent animation; this director does not seem to know when to prioritize higher quality animation. In Naruto vs Pain, Hinata's scene and the Kyuubi's six-tailed form were given the priority, whereas the scenes of Sage Naruto...the HIGHLIGHT of the fight...was hardly animated at all! For some reason I'm worried he might make Sakura's Seiyuu sound insincere in the confession (I don't know if an 'animation' director has control over that, but given the fact the VAs have to match the character, that seems likely). What amazes me is that the Pain arc, which HE directed, was the lowest point of the series ratings wise (and no, I DON'T blame it on the manga during that arc), yet they're still keeping this guy around. I guess the decent ones are working on other projects? Then again, the studio seems to be trying to cash in on Naruto and Bleach with minimum effort, relying more on the brand names than caring about producing a quality product (making far longer than necessary filler arcs, extending the canon episodes with filler and flashbacks when they don't need to). I remember the good old days with DragonBallZ; that had filler, but not enough to detract from canon, and unlike Naruto Shippuden, the animation actually got better with each season (compare the animation of the Sayiajin Saga and Cell games, and tell me that's NOT an improvement). What's more, DBZ back then was making crazy money, but the difference is that with DBZ, when they got money, they made sincere effort to make the series better; not so with Naruto. If anything, the fillers from part 1 probably made them decide that people will watch it as long as it's Naruto, and decided not to put any work into it.

Sorry, I just had to get that out. I'm just frustrated that so many Shonen series I have grown up watching before hand had good directors who knew what they were doing and avoid making the filler and shortcuts in these kinds of adaptations from detracting from canon material, wheras in Naruto Shippuden after Part 1 canon they just don't care at all.

#53 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Mar 9 2011, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't impressed by their previous directors, but if the Naruto vs Pain fight is any indication, then I would expect the worse. While there wouldn't be much going on, I would expect that scene to have some decent animation; this director does not seem to know when to prioritize higher quality animation. In Naruto vs Pain, Hinata's scene and the Kyuubi's six-tailed form were given the priority, whereas the scenes of Sage Naruto...the HIGHLIGHT of the fight...was hardly animated at all! For some reason I'm worried he might make Sakura's Seiyuu sound insincere in the confession (I don't know if an 'animation' director has control over that, but given the fact the VAs have to match the character, that seems likely). What amazes me is that the Pain arc, which HE directed, was the lowest point of the series ratings wise (and no, I DON'T blame it on the manga during that arc), yet they're still keeping this guy around. I guess the decent ones are working on other projects? Then again, the studio seems to be trying to cash in on Naruto and Bleach with minimum effort, relying more on the brand names than caring about producing a quality product (making far longer than necessary filler arcs, extending the canon episodes with filler and flashbacks when they don't need to). I remember the good old days with DragonBallZ; that had filler, but not enough to detract from canon, and unlike Naruto Shippuden, the animation actually got better with each season (compare the animation of the Sayiajin Saga and Cell games, and tell me that's NOT an improvement). What's more, DBZ back then was making crazy money, but the difference is that with DBZ, when they got money, they made sincere effort to make the series better; not so with Naruto. If anything, the fillers from part 1 probably made them decide that people will watch it as long as it's Naruto, and decided not to put any work into it.

Sorry, I just had to get that out. I'm just frustrated that so many Shonen series I have grown up watching before hand had good directors who knew what they were doing and avoid making the filler and shortcuts in these kinds of adaptations from detracting from canon material, wheras in Naruto Shippuden after Part 1 canon they just don't care at all.

Amen.

It's weird to say that sometimes I really feel like Digimon has better animation than Shippuden, which is saying a lot. Especially when it comes to the actions scenes. I loved the show for it's characters and for a maturer plot than it's other monster counterpart. It was pretty terrible with animation. Though this could be entirely personal opinion.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 09 March 2011 - 07:52 AM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#54 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

Well I know that when the moment comes I will sit like this in front of my laptop while the vid plays:

*closes eyes**crossesfingers**takes a peek at screen**closes eyes**hears confession**let's fingers go**eyes wide opened*
=> *sigh of relief* wub.gif or *roar of anger* rawr.gif

actually I feel like beginning already

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#55 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 8 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen.

It's weird to say that sometimes I really feel like Digimon has better animation than Shippuden, which is saying a lot. Especially when it comes to the actions scenes. I loved the show for it's characters and for a maturer plot than it's other monster counterpart. It was pretty terrible with animation. Though this could be entirely personal opinion.

Yeah...I wouldn't quite agree with Digimon having better animation than Shippuden (then again I never followed the series), but when you bring up the comparison Shippuden has always felt rather stiff to me. Most anime of this genre do in many instances try to save their money and only animate what they think would be really cool scenes, but they usually make up for that with emotional content of some kind, wheras Shippuden is just so bland. They took the source material, which even at its most frustrating was still engaging, and on average only half a chapter happened per episode. That wouldn't be a bad thing if they made it entertaining, or at least made the cool parts worth waiting for, but they never did seem to give a damn about that.

As for a series to compare it to, I'd say Yu-Gi-Oh! Both had good designs, but not much in the way of animation. Yu-Gi-Oh didn't need much better animation considering the nature of the show, but for a show about ninjas Shippuden does not need to be at a higher level.

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 09 March 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#56 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

shipuuden animation is always up and down...sometimes its great!! the best! then sometimes its horrible...and most times its decent..just barely good enough...T^T i just want it to stay in one place!!

its like theres always a different art style...its so weird sometimes.

#57 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 9 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shipuuden animation is always up and down...sometimes its great!! the best! then sometimes its horrible...and most times its decent..just barely good enough...T^T i just want it to stay in one place!!

its like theres always a different art style...its so weird sometimes.

I agree with you there. To be honest, recent episodes are and I'm not gonna lie, but they have been extremely good both animation, voicings, soundtrack and even slight fillers. If they keep this up and do the same with the confession I'll be a happy man. Of course, if they did a special upgrade just for the confession like Hinatas, I'd be extremely happy.

#58 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Mar 9 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you there. To be honest, recent episodes are and I'm not gonna lie, but they have been extremely good both animation, voicings, soundtrack and even slight fillers. If they keep this up and do the same with the confession I'll be a happy man. Of course, if they did a special upgrade just for the confession like Hinatas, I'd be extremely happy.

I'd be on board with a special upgrade for Sakura's confession as long as it's provided by Kishimoto and makes the scene heartwarming enough to be considered truly genuine on Sakura's part with more clarity when it comes to her feelings for Naruto. Perhaps some flashbacks about canon memories she has about Naruto or the unseen part of Sakura's confession?

If they want to add something to Sakura's confession like they did to Hinata's confession, they should at the very least consult Kishi on this one for ideas. Perhaps said ideas would be hints for future plot points in the manga?

Still, either way that would be nice. happy.gif

#59 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Mar 9 2011, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's possible they will botch it up to make her sound insincere about the confession. 'Cause for one, the animation director worked with guys who wrote those Anti-NS episodes. Pierrot have teams that work on certain episodes and these teams are chosen at random, but however, the storyboards are actually up to the script-writers and they have full autonomy to interpret chapters however they like. (AFAIK) So yeah, it's definitely going to be botched up. I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#60 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Jee, thx entirely motivated for the next few weeks. sad.gif

Let's hope he hits his head and changes his opinion or has to call in sick so someone else directs that episode sad.gif

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users