1 reply to this topic

#1 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

The first expansion for FFXIV drops in a month.

For those who never played, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn was the remake of FFXIV 1.0 which was a failure because of a bad game engine and bad game design.

Funny enough, 1.0 actually had a decent story, but most players agreed that it wasn't worth the pain of actually dealing with the game to get to the story.  Like, crab meat is delicious, but not if you're the one that has to crack open the shell on the legs with no tools.

Anyway, ARR (known as 2.0) continued the delicious meaty story of 1.0, this time with someone having cracked the crab leg open for you.  The whole arc of the story of 2.0, told across five major episodes, deals with you (the player character) joining up with the Scions of the Seventh Dawn to defeat the primals (classic FF summons) and deal a blow to the Garlean Empire, who is trying to take over the main continent of Eorzea.

Along the way, you befriend the grandchildren of the major protagonist of 1.0, Louisioux, who try separate paths to bring world peace.  Neither of them succeed.

By the end of the story of 2.55,

very high level spoiler
 The new expansion, Heavensward, picks up immediately after the events of 2.55, with your character entering the city of Ishgard and getting involved in the Dragonsong war.  

7 reasons the expansion is going to be epic

(Yes, there's a monthly fee for the game, but your money goes to good high quality content updates.  With 99% server uptime, it's money well spent as well.

Plus, the game has some of the most epic fashion out of any MMORPG. )

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#2 Windking

Windking

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Shooting, Gaming (add me on steam! just pm for my name!), RPing even though its been years I miss it!

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'm excited! Although I want my Samurai class back. :cry:

Im on adamantoise !

keijisig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users