• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

five_days_at_freddy_s_by_quiixotic-d7vdv

oops i accidentally made the thread

Kinda surprised there's no thread for this. I know this forum is full of actual console/PC games rather than stupid indie horror games like this, but seeing how many Let's Plays of this game are all over YouTube, I would think there'd be a bit of mention of this game by now, but anyway...

So for those who don't know what this is about, it goes something like this:
Welcome to your new summer job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, where kids and parents alike come for entertainment and food as far as the eye can see!

The main attraction is Freddy Fazbear, of course, and his two friends. They are animatronic robots, programmed to please the crowds!

The robots' behavior has become somewhat unpredictable at night however, and it was much cheaper to hire you as a security guard than to find a repairman. From your small office you must watch the security cameras carefully. You have a very limited amount of electricity that you're allowed to use per night (corporate budget cuts, you know). That means when you run out of power for the night — no more security doors and no more lights! If something isn't right — namely, if Freddy Fazbear or his friends aren't in their proper places, you must find them on the monitors and protect yourself if needed!

Can you survive five nights at Freddy's?

(From the FNAF wiki)

Pretty simple, right? 

It does sound that way, but as the title suggests, the five nights are the game's level, with the animatronics becoming more erratic as each night passes. And basically, if you're caught, they will think you're an endoskeleton missing its costume, and try to stuff you into a spare Freddy costume. Said costumes are full of crossbeams and stuff. In other words, you're dead.

That's pretty much what it is, and I decided to give it a go after watching all of Markiplier's night-by-night playthroughs. It's quite simplistic yet unique for a survival horror game. 

I can't get past the fourth night though. ;_;

JA2DBzd.png

#2 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

Good game. I've watched various let's plays of it, but I haven't gotten the courage to play it myself, lol.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:55 AM

Personally...I don't see what's so scary about this game. But I've played all kinds of scary games in the past, so that may be one of the problems. The idea is original, though. I will give the creators that.

#4 HokageSoulReaper

HokageSoulReaper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Comics/Manga/Anime, Pro Wrestling, NASCAR, Videogames, Sports

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

This is one of those games where the reaction "depends on the person", I saw ProJared's playthrough after seeing Markiplier's, and it's a perfect example of what I mean (Jared wasn't even fazed at all, he actually breaks to laughter in the deaths he got) also once you recognize the signs before a death by Bonnie, Chica or Foxy you may not fall for the jumpscares..........Freddy's a different thing though, even when you're expecting him he can scare you if you're caught off guard

The suspense the game creates is what makes it good, IMO, I plan to at least play the demo soon

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

The game doesn't scare me so much as it hurts my ears with that screech the enemies make.

One thing I do find myself question is the entire story of this game. The story is...kind of...silly. I mean, a security gaurd duty where you can't harm the animatronics that are trying to kill you? In real life, the security guard probably would have quit seeing how his life isn't worth the pay he is getting. Also, wouldn't somebody notice the all of a sudden disappearances of security guards who didn't make the first night or the other nights? Even more so, why would you need security any way if these things can just kill anyone that walks into the place at night?

The story behind the game has a lot of plot holes and flaws that don;t really make much sense.

I know you some are going to say, "but the story is not important, but rather the scary atmosphere and heart pounding moments." Maybe, but I am the kind of gamer that enjoys interesting stories. If a story, even a simple one, starts to not make sense to me, I kind of lose the immersion factor.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 October 2014 - 08:23 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 narusakuno1

narusakuno1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Well, this game isn't really scary to me. It's just that weird feeling when I see one animatronic gone and I can feel the intenseness... because you never know when they are gonna move. And then when I look at one of the cameras and I see one literally running in the hallway (is it a hallway?) I was like "kitten! It's gonna get me. Gotta close the door."

My friends and I find this game... stupid because those are like stuff toys, but robots and sometimes they can get you with the jump scares... And they are animal looking as well... like those animatronics can scare me? Yeah it worked. For some I can't get past the 4th night too...

#7 AquariusNoHana

AquariusNoHana

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, NaruSaku, classic anime: Kishin Douji Zenki, Saint Seiya, Cyborg 009, Houshin Engi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon. Favorite movies: Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Wreck it Ralph, Aliens, Van Helsing.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

I wish I could play it, since I can't access my Steam account atm, I'll just stick to watching the Let's Play done by Markiplier.

My deviantart: http://akumaru13.deviantart.com

tumblr_nbrqrbch7P1s727oto3_400.gif

#8 HokageSoulReaper

HokageSoulReaper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Comics/Manga/Anime, Pro Wrestling, NASCAR, Videogames, Sports

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

We got Part 2 in November, and seems that one is more challenging

Also I forgot to mention in my earlier posts these games would be perfect for the Wii U and its gamepad, if motion controls could make it so if you rise the gamepad you see the cameras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users